Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,710 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

Birth Certificate: Can Hospitals Issue One or LGA? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Birth Certificate: Can Hospitals Issue One or LGA? (2466 Views)

How To Obtain Nigerian Birth Certificate / USCIS: First Name Not On Birth Certificate. Please Help! / British Birth Certificate ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Birth Certificate: Can Hospitals Issue One or LGA? by omanzo02: 7:10pm On Apr 21, 2015
I want to get birth certificate for my kids, does the hospital where they were born have authority to issue them a birth certificate or is the local government that must issue a birth certificate?.......They are still minors and the records of their birth is available at the hospital.

Thanks.
Re: Birth Certificate: Can Hospitals Issue One or LGA? by mymadam(m): 7:16pm On Apr 21, 2015
Yes, hospitals can issue birth certificates, as long as they are Government approved. However, after collecting such certificate, I advise that you proceed to the National Population Commission (located at your State capital Federal Secretariat or sometimes in a government hospital) to collect the certificate issued by the Federal Republic of Nigeria. They record AND issue certificates for births and deaths. This is official. Hope this helps. Nigeria rocks!
Re: Birth Certificate: Can Hospitals Issue One or LGA? by omanzo02: 7:27pm On Apr 21, 2015
mymadam:
Yes, hospitals can issue birth certificates, as long as they are Government approved. However, after collecting such certificate, I advise that you proceed to the National Population Commission (located at your State capital Federal Secretariat or sometimes in a government hospital) to collect the certificate issued by the Federal Republic of Nigeria. They record AND issue certificates for births and deaths. This is official. Hope this helps. Nigeria rocks!

Thanks but I have some questions,
Can't the national population commission office at the local government area issue such birth certificate?

Do I have to keep both certificate from the hospital and npc together?
Re: Birth Certificate: Can Hospitals Issue One or LGA? by mymadam(m): 7:39pm On Apr 21, 2015
omanzo02:

Thanks but I have some questions,
Can't the national population commission office at the local government area issue such birth certificate? Do I have to keep both certificate from the hospital and npc together?

If the LG has an NPC office, I guess it should be okay for the purpose. However, please note that the one I did was FREE at NPC... no charges at all.

As for the 2 certs, well the NPC one is obviously more authentic as far as future acceptability is concerned... the particular hospital might cease to exist in the future while Government is continuous. You will own both but I believe that the NPC one is it! Nigeria rocks!
Re: Birth Certificate: Can Hospitals Issue One or LGA? by omanzo02: 8:09pm On Apr 21, 2015
mymadam:

If the LG has an NPC office, I guess it should be okay for the purpose. However, please note that the one I did was FREE at NPC... no charges at all.

As for the 2 certs, well the NPC one is obviously more authentic as far as future acceptability is concerned... the particular hospital might cease to exist in the future while Government is continuous. You will own both but I believe that the NPC one is it! Nigeria rocks!

With your submission it's advisable to go to NPC to get the birth certificate directly that would pass all test during legalization?
Re: Birth Certificate: Can Hospitals Issue One or LGA? by itstpia8: 11:30pm On Nov 18, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Lagos To Cotonou In 2 Days (pictures) / Does Undergraduate Degree Worth The Price Abroad Especially In Uk? / I Need Help- Denied Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.