Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 (73360 Views)

NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 / NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2016 / 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by jaybros: 6:46pm On Apr 25, 2015
ndidibabe:
Were you able to upload your picture?

Yes....I used a pc
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by mizkeleke(f): 7:54pm On Apr 25, 2015
Emasel:

If you eventually get the scholarship, you'll need NYSC Certificate for screening/accreditation and it will be very painful if you have to forfeit the award because of NYSC certificate. So you'll have to wait for next year.
Okay tnx
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by Nobody: 10:15pm On Apr 26, 2015
Thats a lie! I wasn't near the best 2 candidates and I still got the Scholarship. I did not know anyone there. I wasn't even expecting it because of my score.

soe:
I am a 2013 NITDA scholarship beneficiary.

I wish you guys the best. Remember, you have to be among the best two candidates from your state of origin

1 Like

Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by masagoody(m): 6:46am On Apr 27, 2015
mosimi20:
Thats a lie! I wasn't near the best 2 candidates and I still got the Scholarship. I did not know anyone there. I wasn't even expecting it because of my score.

IGNORANCE SPEAKING....

you had a low score and got it only means that candidates from your state had lower scores. don't just say what you don't know. and don't be quick to call someone a liar if you don't have facts to back it up.....come to think of it, why should he lie?.......

#SomePeopleSha!

2 Likes

Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 27, 2015
mosimi20:

how are you sure you were not among the best two...
Ms Odusanya answer me o
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by enibal(f): 12:14pm On Apr 27, 2015
Pls who as any info abt ptdf scholarship.... thanks
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by Nobody: 6:30pm On Apr 27, 2015
Lmao, i didn't have a low score (75) but I wasnt the best either. When you say you have to amongst the best 2 from your state. It stops people who think they do not have a chance of being amongst the best 2 from applying for the scholarship. And that is not fair.

masagoody:

IGNORANCE SPEAKING....

you had a low score and got it only means that candidates from your state had lower scores. don't just say what you don't know. and don't be quick to call someone a liar if you don't have facts to back it up.....come to think of it, why should he lie?.......

#SomePeopleSha!
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by kennedyugo: 7:35pm On Apr 28, 2015
mosimi20:
Lmao, i didn't have a low score (75) but I wasnt the best either. When you say you have to amongst the best 2 from your state. It stops people who think they do not have a chance of being amongst the best 2 from applying for the scholarship. And that is not fair.

Please the scholarship fund, is it a fixed amount or will it be able to take ccare of everything from school fees to stipends?
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 28, 2015
In my time, School fees shouldnt be more £20,000. Fixed amount for pocket money (rent, clothing, feeding, books and paid in 2 installments), laptop allowance and flight ticket.
kennedyugo:

Please the scholarship fund, is it a fixed amount or will it be able to take ccare of everything from school fees to stipends?
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by kennedyugo: 11:10pm On Apr 28, 2015
mosimi20:
In my time, School fees shouldnt be more £20,000. Fixed amount for pocket money (rent, clothing, feeding, books and paid in 2 installments), laptop allowance and flight ticket.
Alright, thanks for the info.
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by bfbellexce: 11:16pm On Apr 28, 2015
bosunjohns:
Thanks. Applying right away!
good news
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by bosunjohns(m): 11:22am On Apr 29, 2015
Is the scholarship only meant for overseas students?
bfbellexce:

good news
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by fatimuazu: 9:42am On May 08, 2015
hello. am i alone in this? i didnt receive any email after submitting my application to nitda. d site only said application succesful.
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by iyb(m): 2:13pm On May 08, 2015
i didn't receive an email either but i am sure its nothing to worry about
fatimuazu:
hello. am i alone in this? i didnt receive any email after submitting my application to nitda. d site only said application succesful.
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by fatimuazu: 6:58pm On May 08, 2015
ok. thanks @ iyb. do u guyz think we shud expect d aptitude test a month after application deadline, dats in july? and wat prepapratory measures do we take for the test. any ideas. learnt one shud focus on networking basics, is dat so?
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by abdul01(m): 9:26am On May 09, 2015
hello guys, please the place where we were asked to upload a letter from lga, is it lga of residence or lga of state of origin, if it's either of the two how do i go about it? tnx.
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by iyb(m): 10:31am On May 09, 2015
its local government of origin
abdul01:
hello guys, please the place where we were asked to upload a letter from lga, is it lga of residence or lga of state of origin, if it's either of the two how do i go about it? tnx.
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by abdul01(m): 11:10am On May 09, 2015
iyb:
its local government of origin

OK iyb, tnx. Do I have to go to my state of origin to get it or can I get it from their liason office here in lagos? Tnx
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by bfbellexce: 9:46pm On May 09, 2015
soe:
I am a 2013 NITDA scholarship beneficiary.

I wish you guys the best. Remember, you have to be among the best two candidates from your state of origin

pls sir i am in great need of ur help on this scholarship.

i studied electrical electronics and had a 2.1. would i be eligible wit my course not purely info tech.

currently i am servin to pass out by july in sokoto. can i still apply witout my nysc certificate. i stay in a very remote area far from town thus hav chalenge of internet on a pc.

wit your knowledge of d application process did dey giv options for the universities abroad and the specific course.

pls guide me on the personal statement coz wat i saw online as standard is 47 lines of 4000 characters.

pls sir i realy need ur kind response
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by bfbellexce: 9:53pm On May 09, 2015
MacMaster01:
I wrote it last year (2014) when I was serving and there were some cray networking questions... subnetting, routing, switching, internet security etc.. then some funny current affairs quests like what date did obama pass d gay law in america, who was the 52nd secretary of state in America, how many ministries in nigeria have websites with .gov.ng Etc.

This is not to discourage any one, read on networking, logical reasoning and out of the box current affairs quests before making that journey to Abuja.

The process is free and fair (I knw people that were serving in d dept that organises d scholarship in nitda and dey knew officials there but didn't still get it).. u are only competing with people from your state, d best 2 from every state gets d msc award.. making it 72 awardees.

i studied electrical electronics and had a 2.1. would i be eligible wit my course not purely info tech.

currently i am servin to pass out by july in sokoto. can i still apply witout my nysc certificate. i stay in a very remote area far from town thus hav chalenge of internet on a pc.

wit your knowledge of d application process did dey giv options for the universities abroad and the specific course.

pls guide me on the personal statement coz wat i saw online as standard is 47 lines of 4000 characters.

Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by bfbellexce: 10:00pm On May 09, 2015
Pffft:
Travelled from Enugu to Abuja last year for this exam. Very annoying set of questions. When Obama signed gay right law, how many agencies have websites, etc.... I ask and wonder how these kind of questions is a good metric for an IT scholarship selection process. Well i have successfully applied but travelling from Lagos to Abuja for the exam? I dont know.

Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by bfbellexce: 10:08pm On May 09, 2015
ElDeeVee:
NITDA again??
Wrote it last year wen I was serving... D exam no be here oooo
Make I sha try apply now b4 its too late

Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by bfbellexce: 10:12pm On May 09, 2015
mosimi20:

Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by MacMaster01(m): 11:48pm On May 09, 2015
bfbellexce:

my response is according to your sentence numbers.
1. yes with 2.1 EEE u can apply, but for an ICT related Msc course
2.The application last year was different, but this year I doubt if u can apply if u haven't passed out before the deadline, but check the application page, if they didn't request for cert no then upload call up letter.
3. No they didn't giv options for the universities abroad and the specific course.
4. Last years application we weren't told to write a statement so i don't know much abt that, google "online character count" there should be a site that can count ur characters for u, just write on y u want to study the course with examples and how it'll benefit naija, normal PS na.

hope this helps
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by bfbellexce: 7:15am On May 10, 2015
MacMaster01:

my response is according to your sentence numbers.
1. yes with 2.1 EEE u can apply, but for an ICT related Msc course
2.The application last year was different, but this year I doubt if u can apply if u haven't passed out before the deadline, but check the application page, if they didn't request for cert no then upload call up letter.
3. No they didn't giv options for the universities abroad and the specific course.
4. Last years application we weren't told to write a statement so i don't know much abt that, google "online character count" there should be a site that can count ur characters for u, just write on y u want to study the course with examples and how it'll benefit naija, normal PS na.

hope this helps

tanx bro for ur response and time. i do appreciate.

writin a personal statement is wat i hav not done bfor. i hav always bin tinkin abt it until dis chaleng.
i went online for som details but it seems elaborate and i dont know if it would b advisable to go by their 47 lines or 4000 word character.

pls do i nid to state d msc course i intend likely in d PS or der is away abt it or beta stil kip it open. tanx
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by abdul01(m): 8:10am On May 10, 2015
@macmaster. Pls how did u go abt d lga letter we were asked to upload on d page they requested for nysc, BSc and lga letter. Cos I live in lagos n I've never been to my lga of origin b4
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by iyb(m): 9:00am On May 10, 2015
local government secretariat they may ask for proof that you are from the local government if you mee their criteria they will give you lga certificate
abdul01:
@macmaster. Pls how did u go abt d lga letter we were asked to upload on d page they requested for nysc, BSc and lga letter. Cos I live in lagos n I've never been to my lga of origin b4
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by Nobody: 10:34am On May 13, 2015
Yes, you can apply without your NYSC certificate. As at the time I was applying for the scholarship I wasn't a corper yet. So you should be fine.

No, if you get picked you must have admission into any school of your choice. Also, you have to read something related to IT (Information Technology).

While I can't help you out with the personal statement. I would suggest you think of how IT can help improve Nigeria. What issues do we have in Nigeria that you think IT can help solve? What is your role in solving those issues? That should help with a personal statement.

bfbellexce:

Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by bfbellexce: 10:08pm On May 13, 2015
mosimi20:
Yes, you can apply without your NYSC certificate. As at the time I was applying for the scholarship I wasn't a corper yet. So you should be fine.

No, if you get picked you must have admission into any school of your choice. Also, you have to read something related to IT (Information Technology).

While I can't help you out with the personal statement. I would suggest you think of how IT can help improve Nigeria. What issues do we have in Nigeria that you think IT can help solve? What is your role in solving those issues? That should help with a personal statement.

Thanx Brother. I hav a draft of my PS of abt 50 lines of two nd a half page on word wit 1.15 spacing. I tink wit dis ur clue i hav to include wat contributions i hav to do on IT lagging in Nigeria. i realy apreciate.
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by LadunaI(m): 6:30pm On May 14, 2015
bfbellexce:

Thanx Brother. I hav a draft of my PS of abt 50 lines of two nd a half page on word wit 1.15 spacing. I tink wit dis ur clue i hav to include wat contributions i hav to do on IT lagging in Nigeria. i realy apreciate. pls could i mit u by mail bfbellexce@gmail.com

Great bro! personal statement are mostly a short write up/essay that expect to discuss about
1. why you choose the MSc course and why you want to study in that country you choose or get admission (Generally Overseas)
2. How do think such course will help in your personal development and also the scholarship if given
3. How do think you can contribute into your country upon returning to the country.

I think this a normal procedure for most overseas university assessment of their prospective students goals and interest. Maybe perhaps NITDA want to use it as part of criteria for selecting candidate now.

Best of Luck!

@mosimo20 thanks for your email.
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by smakrev2001: 9:15pm On May 22, 2015
mosimi20:

Please mosimi20 (and indeed all former NITDA scholarship applicants), were there any questions you answered that you had earlier encountered in previous editions of GMAT (say 3 years)? In short, is it true they repeated GMAT questions word-for-word?
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by ademasta(m): 6:59am On May 23, 2015
Plz when will the MSC program begin, cos i am looking forward to entering nysc camp with November batch B? Can i also apply? Plz someone should advice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Iniubong Umoren Makes Excellent Result (Photos) / Ecobank Management And Graduate Development Programme 2019 / Federal Fire Service (FFS) List Of Shortlisted Candidates 2018 - CDFIPB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.