Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,385 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Nigerians And Adultery: What Is The Truth? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerians And Adultery: What Is The Truth? (860 Views)

They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? / New Study On How To Avoid Adultery In Your Marriage / 75years old seeks divorce over sexual starvation and adultery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians And Adultery: What Is The Truth? by tpiadotcom: 9:37pm On Apr 21, 2015
There is a disconnect here.

On the one hand, some nigerians swear adultery is not encouraged in nigeria due to drastic consequences if engaged in ( mostly for or by the woman). Shrines, deities, etc.

On the other hand, "researchers" insist nigerians have one of the highest rates of adultery in the world. Besides this, often we find most nigerians do encourage adultery and engage in it freely.

So, what exactly is the truth?
Re: Nigerians And Adultery: What Is The Truth? by Briee(f): 9:51pm On Apr 21, 2015
We are the most faithful women on earth, that's the truth dear.
Re: Nigerians And Adultery: What Is The Truth? by tpiadotcom: 1:45am On Apr 22, 2015
That appears highly debatable.
Re: Nigerians And Adultery: What Is The Truth? by plaetton: 6:21pm On Apr 22, 2015
First, dear, all social vices go hand in hand .

If Nigeria ranks as one of the most corrupt countries in the world ( I personally rank it number 1), then how could you expect the average Nigerian to be immune from domestic corruption ?
If there is widespread corruption in every institution, then how can you expect the matrimonial instituition to be free from corruption?

Corruption is a state of mind, a mental infestation.
Once the mind is infested, there are no boundaries.

A person who cheats in an exam will also cheat at any every other situation if he or she can get away with it.

So, whether it is the policeman, the customs officer, the pension manager, bank manager , runs girl, kidnapper, ritual murderer, armed robber, lootocrats in government, the capricious relugious elite etc, etc or the unfaithful housewife, it is the same frame of mind running steady on all of them.

All of Nigeria's social vices require a complete overhaul of our value systems, and a complete social re-engineering undertaking that should span decades.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Adultery: What Is The Truth? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Apr 22, 2015
plaetton:

If Nigeria ranks as one of the most corrupt countries in the world ( I personally rank it number 1), then how could you expect the average Nigerian to be immune from domestic corruption ?
If there is widespread corruption in every institution, then how can you expect the matrimonial instituition to be free from corruption?

A person who cheats in an exam will also cheat at any every other situation if he or she can get away with it.

So, whether it is the policeman, the customs officer, the pension manager, bank manager , runs girl, kidnapper, ritual murderer, armed robber, lootocrats in government, the capricious relugious elite etc, etc or the unfaithful housewife, it is the same frame of mind running steady on all of them.

All of Nigeria's social vices require a complete overhaul of our value systems, and a complete social re-engineering undertaking that should span decades.
I concur

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Adultery: What Is The Truth? by aderonila18: 7:20pm On Apr 22, 2015
plaetton:

Exactly, most Nigerians will do anything if they think they can get away with it.

The men are generally given a pass for adultery , you'll always hear men will be men undecided

While the women have caught up grin only that they are better at hiding it

You have to remember this is a society where even if you are unhappy in your marriage you are pressured into staying , same way many were pressured into getting married in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Adultery: What Is The Truth? by plaetton: 8:06pm On Apr 22, 2015
aderonila18:

Exactly, most Nigerians will do anything if they think they can get away with it.

The men are generally given a pass for adultery , you'll always hear men will be men undecided

While the women have caught up grin only that they are better at hiding it

You have to remember this is a society where even if you are unhappy in your marriage you are pressured into staying , same way many were pressured into getting married in the first place.
Yes indeed.
Nigerians do almost everything with dishonesty, including and especially marriage.
Re: Nigerians And Adultery: What Is The Truth? by tpiadotcom: 8:28pm On Apr 22, 2015
So basically, what you're saying is the "research" is correct and nigerians are among the most adulterous groups in the world.
Re: Nigerians And Adultery: What Is The Truth? by plaetton: 9:05pm On Apr 22, 2015
tpiadotcom:
So basically, what you're saying is the "research" is correct and nigerians are among the most adulterous groups in the world.
Yes.
There is nothing shocking about that.

We are the most corrupt ( my opinion) people on earth.
Therefore, infidelity should by necessity, be a part of our default social programming.
Re: Nigerians And Adultery: What Is The Truth? by tpiadotcom: 9:12pm On Apr 22, 2015
Your argument is based on the premise being one must necessarily lead to being the other.

(1) (Reply)

Woman Welcomes Twins After 7 Years Of Marriage (photos) / When My 3-year-old Stole. / Ladies: Who Should You Regard As The First Fruit Of Your Womb?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.