Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Hello Gurus - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hello Gurus (1142 Views)

My Plans For A Nissan Murano... NISSAN GURUS COME IN / Birthday Gift: Car gurus/Luxury car enthusiasts, GET IN HERE PLEASE! / Hello Gurus Tell About Me About 03 Volkswagen Passat /04 Toyota Camry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hello Gurus by delaw4u: 3:55am On Apr 22, 2015
Hello guru please I want a tips from those who have used 03 volkswagen passat and 04 toyota camry which one is the best out of the two and why did you think the one you choose I want your responses based on your experience both mechanically, electrical and market value and all you can tell me about the 2 cars
Thanks for your responses
Re: Hello Gurus by Nobody: 4:04am On Apr 22, 2015
hmmmmm
Re: Hello Gurus by delaw4u: 12:27pm On Apr 24, 2015
Convince me more which one is the best from the two and whydid think the one u choose is the best,your experience is what I need ok
Re: Hello Gurus by chucky234(m): 4:54pm On Apr 24, 2015
delaw4u:
Convince me more which one is the best from the two and whydid think the one u choose is the best,your experience is what I need ok
There is a reason the 2002 - 06 Camry is refers to as "Big for nothing", the only thing the Camry have against the Passat is re-sell value.
Re: Hello Gurus by autologic: 5:24pm On Apr 24, 2015
delaw4u:
Hello guru please I want a tips from those who have used 03 volkswagen passat and 04 toyota camry which one is the best out of the two and why did you think the one you choose I want your responses based on your experience both mechanically, electrical and market value and all you can tell me about the 2 cars
Thanks for your responses
So far you are not buying the Camry with engine type 2AZ-FE. aka 4 cylinder type , u are good to go with Camry
https://www.nairaland.com/1185689/toyota-camry-engine-stripped-head.
Re: Hello Gurus by delaw4u: 7:29pm On Apr 24, 2015
Bro am buying the 4 cylinder engine 03 or 04 which engine is the best for this two please reply asap
Re: Hello Gurus by Nobody: 9:13pm On Apr 24, 2015
autologic:

So far you are not buying the Camry with engine type 2AZ-FE. aka 4 cylinder type , u are good to go with Camry
https://www.nairaland.com/1185689/toyota-camry-engine-stripped-head.

Rocking my 2003 Highlander 2.4L AWD with its 2AZ-FE engine. cool

Need to also say my family member still rocking her 2003 highlander 2AZ-FE for 3 years running and still going strong. cool

In other words, DONT always believe what's written online. Its sometimes doctored to suit people's bias or company's bias.

I've discovered contrary to what is overblown out of proportion online is only 20% of 2AZ-FE engines have that anomaly. Till date I can't see anywhere where Toyota is issued a class action law suite due to some 2AZ-FE's defect. The only class action lawsuit for that engine was excessive oil consumption (it doesn't apply to Highlander models)
Need I remind you Pathfinder Nissan '05-13MY had a defect in its transmission/radiator system which could damage its transmission if bypass isn't carried out early and there was a class action lawsuit for that?
Re: Hello Gurus by delaw4u: 3:51am On Apr 25, 2015
Tsnx bro you have clear the odds every body with his own opinion
Re: Hello Gurus by Nobody: 6:03am On Apr 25, 2015
[quote
author=delaw4u post=32975776]Hello guru please I want a tips from those
who have used 03 volkswagen passat and 04 toyota camry which one is the
best out of the two and why did you think the one you choose I want your
responses based on your experience both mechanically, electrical and
market value and all you can tell me about the 2 cars
Thanks for your responses[/quote]

camry is more cheaper to run and maintain than the passat, its simple and conservative in design, rock solid reliablilty folks say its one of the most reliable camry ever built. higher resale value, xle trim is good luxury feel and spacious, great audio systems, v6 has good acceleration, all engine variants has good fuel economy but bear in mind the v6 has lower MPG than the i4 engine.

ive not driven the passat however folks who had, some cringed and cried its worst than unreliable some say it is. dont do the turbo passat naija mechanics would destroy it plus it requires great degree of care.

that said, theres a reason why camry are all over the place. Great reliability, simplicity in design and mintenance plus resale value

1 Like

Re: Hello Gurus by delaw4u: 8:13pm On Apr 25, 2015
Do u mean the v6 consume less fuel to the v4?
Re: Hello Gurus by Nobody: 9:14pm On Apr 25, 2015
delaw4u:
a lot of factors comes to play when deciding fuel economy. When comparing both cars, the Passat have various range of engine choice some being
1.8L i4, FWD
1.8T i4 FWD (turbo engine, great power great fuel economy, fear kazeem and stay away)
2.8L V6
2.8L V6 quattro
4.0L W8

While camry has only 2 engine variants (at least for USA and Canadian markets bar Asian, Australian and South American markets)
They are
2.4 L i4
3.0L V6
3.3L V6 (facelift models and SE models)

Both have great MPG, however, I would love the Passat more because its quattro and also because I am a DIY guy, however, for folks who aren't DIY I'll say to them, 'stay with CAMRY' its very faithful, it is a workhorse (there was somewhere in the internet where a US CAMRY taxi got to 1,000,000 on the ODOMETER with factory installed engine and geatbox) it is decent, you can it is spacious, it can get some level of opulence just as lexus but not to lexus top level trim.

But if you wish to get power, fun behind the wheel, all season traction whether wet snow or dry, plus some levels of elegance, get the passat but be very very careful. More careful than a CAMRY owner.
Re: Hello Gurus by Nobody: 9:27pm On Apr 25, 2015
delaw4u:

the V6 consume more fuel than the i4. thats what i mean.
Re: Hello Gurus by delaw4u: 3:04pm On Apr 26, 2015
So the v4 is better?I have used passat just willing to change for the camry
Re: Hello Gurus by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 26, 2015
delaw4u:

Camry don't have any such engine as v;. Its called i4 (inline 4). Engine type depends on owner and his/her intended use. If you drive within city mostly, the i4 is good because its got some power just to move around and still get good MPG. If you do lots of interstate highway driving, the V6 will be most likely your choice because its got better power and torque to accelerate and maintain a good speed yet return average MPG.
If you're economy conscious and you know kazeems are antique monkeys within your area, better stick to the i4. Even the i4 in this CAMRY is quite a high tech engine for kazeem to battle with because its got lots of sensors monitoring and reporting what's happening within and around the engine.
Re: Hello Gurus by chucky234(m): 7:33pm On Apr 26, 2015
delaw4u:
If you have used the Passat in the past and have a good mech then stick with the Passat, you'll be bored of that Camry in a few weeks bro.
If you are such much bothered about fuel consumption then get the base trim model fitted with 1.8L engine which churns out 170hp flawless while the I4 2004 with 2.4L engine gives 166hp and consume more fuel.
If you really want to enjoy the very best of both worlds (power & fuel efficiency) then get yourself the 2.8L quattro model.
Re: Hello Gurus by delaw4u: 8:57pm On Apr 27, 2015
Am using the v4 turbo engine presently,but am buying the camry now which one consume more fuel out o this two cars I know passat has better interior than passat butt am changing taste now

(1) (Reply)

Is This Fuel Consumption Ok For These Routes? / o / Attention! This New Fuel Saver Device Saves 10 - 30% Fuel On Your Car Guarateed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.