Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,118 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Hacker Steals N68 Billion From A Bank - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Hacker Steals N68 Billion From A Bank (799 Views)

Africa To Get $57 Billion From World Bank. / Woman Steals Money, Hides In Her Vagina / How To Open A Bank Account . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hacker Steals N68 Billion From A Bank by chuchuo: 7:36am On Apr 22, 2015
A suspected hacker, Stephen Omaidu, has been arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission for allegedly hacking into the database of a bank, stealing N68bn.

It was gathered that the suspect allegedly worked with four others– Alhaji K. B. Kabiru, Godswill Oyegwa, Ben and Oliver – to transfer the sum into different accounts.

The EFCC spokesman, Wilson Uwujaren, told our correspondent that the four alleged accomplices escaped and had yet to be apprehended.

The EFCC arraigned Omaidu before Justice M. A. Nasir of the Federal Capital Territory High Court sitting in Jabi, Abuja on two counts bordering on theft to the tune of N68bn.

The commission said the offence was punishable under Section 287 of the Penal Code.

Omaidu, however, pleaded not guilty to the charges.

The counsel for the EFCC, S. A. Ugwuebgulam, subsequently asked the court to fix a date for the trial to commence.

But the defence counsel, Gabriel O. Sanifu, urged the court to admit the accused to bail pending trial saying, “The offence is bailable.”

Ugwuebgulam objected to the application on the grounds that the accused had failed to honour the administrative bail terms earlier granted him by the EFCC.

“He can do the same if not remanded by the court,” Ugwuebgulam added.

Nasir ordered the accused to be remanded in the custody of the EFCC and adjourned the case till April 28, 2015 .

Copyright PUNCH.
Re: Hacker Steals N68 Billion From A Bank by dawnomike(m): 7:41am On Apr 22, 2015
And they'll all go about flaunting Range rover sport and Ford EDGE as though they worked for the money.... angry
Re: Hacker Steals N68 Billion From A Bank by Nobody: 7:45am On Apr 22, 2015
People dey hama I dey here dey find first to comment for nairaland
mcteew

fuc k me angry
Re: Hacker Steals N68 Billion From A Bank by bewla(m): 7:46am On Apr 22, 2015
book
Re: Hacker Steals N68 Billion From A Bank by Braaad: 7:46am On Apr 22, 2015
That guy is jobless. I think the government should learn a thing or two from this. If all the youth would use their expertise to cause harm to the economy, we wont have any country to live in peacefully. Government should create jobs or encourage youths to do same. That's the best way to avoid its occurrence.

My half pound advice.
Re: Hacker Steals N68 Billion From A Bank by cozy7(m): 7:48am On Apr 22, 2015
All these Nigerian banks n their poor customer service...........now they've started adding insecurity to their resume?
Woow! That's impressive!
Re: Hacker Steals N68 Billion From A Bank by Nobody: 7:53am On Apr 22, 2015
Every day for the thief one day for the owner grin
Re: Hacker Steals N68 Billion From A Bank by Nobody: 8:01am On Apr 22, 2015
I love hackers but not their crime.
Re: Hacker Steals N68 Billion From A Bank by Blakjewelry(m): 8:01am On Apr 22, 2015
Bad guy
Re: Hacker Steals N68 Billion From A Bank by Emmyk(m): 8:34am On Apr 22, 2015
shocked shocked
Re: Hacker Steals N68 Billion From A Bank by Emmyk(m): 8:35am On Apr 22, 2015
Lacomus:
I love hackers but not their crime.
Is like saying You love food but not the smell. cheesy Go figure.
Re: Hacker Steals N68 Billion From A Bank by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 22, 2015
Emmyk:

Is like saying You love food but not the smell. cheesy Go figure.
you see your life, you think hacking is only used to commit crime Bro think out of the box.
Re: Hacker Steals N68 Billion From A Bank by Emmyk(m): 9:36am On Apr 22, 2015
Lacomus:
you see your life, you think hacking is only used to commit crime Bro think out of the box.
Pray tell me other uses of hacking.
Hacking itself is a computer crime. Go figure. undecided
Re: Hacker Steals N68 Billion From A Bank by webdarkghost(m): 5:18pm On Apr 22, 2015
Hackers are artists. They create the world they want to live in. They push the boundaries of inventions and technology. Hackers are the reason you have computers in the first place. Don't jail hackers, employ them. They make the world a beautiful place. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Love Fm 104.5 Abuja / ISIS Plan To Colonizes Nigeria African And Europe By 2020 / He Said I'm Nerdy,isn't It An Insult?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.