Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,655 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! (3209 Views)

Anyone Saying Chibok Girls Will Return Is Lying – Obasanjo / See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? / Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by baby124: 7:30pm On Apr 22, 2015
Leave the guy. Can you walk in the North sun for 15mins? Na wa. We all know he is trying to get buhari'so attention. Let them just give him 100k consolation prize, hotel to rest in Lagos, and flight ticket back home so we can all rest
Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by dat9jaguy(m): 7:45pm On Apr 22, 2015
Xetima:

Now 10Km is 10,000 metres. To achieve the distance mentioned (i.e. 10Km/hr) our guy performed as follows:
The guy must be doing approximately 167mtrs in per minute or 3 metres per second to hit 10 Km/hr.
Implying if he strides at 1 meter each step he make, he would take 3 steps per second to hit 167mtrs per minute.
No distractions, no tiredness, etc. The biggest joke is the journey from Lagos to Ibadan
This is an incredible LIE

Now the premise of your argument is wrong.You are measuring the distance using conventional vehicular routes,he has not disclosed the route he used but do
you know that the fulani nomads have the routes that they follow and i know it is shorter than the roads vehicles pass.
Try and get your facts right before bashing,if not you will only expose your self as a hater.
Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by masseratti: 9:22pm On Apr 23, 2015
noblezone:

You can be of help here.

How many hours did the 40Km distance take you?
When did you start and when did you reach?

Also, the distance you covered was 40Km, the guy covered about 140km.

I don't need to prove or state anything to u,our forefathers walked more than that on foot paths,if you like believe it if u don't like don't, it won't add a dime or out food on my Table, what I know is that it's possible, if u can't,it does not mean someone else can't .
Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by socialmediaman: 10:20pm On Apr 23, 2015
OP's criticism is valid, if you make a bogus claim to make name in a civilized society, volunteers will bust your ass and you'll be dismissed as a fraud. Civilized minds frown at fraudulent schemes. If indeed the guy truly completed that journey on foot, then it should be recalled and given an honor. Let me explain why it is important that an investigation is done: if he sets a false record that Lagos to Abuja can be made on foot within one week, then he will be misleading so many people including researchers and historians. I remember when I was growing up and I was told my dad used to travel on bicycle to three states apart and back in 2 weeks, these are records and statistics I would love to investigate and appreciate especially for teaching sports and physical education.

@OP nice critique
Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by EMANY01(m): 11:25am On Apr 24, 2015
noblezone:

I dont know where you get the impression that i am bitter!
Well, I expected this kind of reasoning and that is one of the reasons why Africa is backwards!
Google is your friend, do a little research on average speed of walking.
I said 5km/Hr and another person has said 6km/Hr.
The guy claimed he walked 10km/hr!
I have reasons to doubt him!
I am not envious, neither I am bitter according to you!
socialmediaman post=33040426:
OP's criticism is valid, if you make a bogus claim to make name in a civilized society, volunteers will bust your ass and you'll be dismissed as a fraud. Civilized minds frown at fraudulent schemes. If indeed the guy truly completed that journey on foot, then it should be recalled and given an honor. Let me explain why it is important that an investigation is done: if he sets a false record that Lagos to Abuja can be made on foot within one week, then he will be misleading so many people including researchers and historians. I remember when I was growing up and I was told my dad used to travel on bicycle to three states apart and back in 2 weeks, these are records and statistics I would love to investigate and appreciate especially for teaching sports and physical education.
@OP nice critique
Bitterness, anger, laughter, etc all belong to the emotional department!
I am not in anyway here emotional!
Challeging his claim does not make a hater (like someone put) it.
It is simply to put the records staight!
Ok, nobody cares if his claims are right or wrong?
That means we shall remain in darkness!
Were this to be somewhere else, that guy should be interview by experts by now!
This is Africa where emotions rule over logic!
And this is my verdict, until we start to make use of critical and quality logic, change will remain a mirage.
This post is a test of how ready we are for change, and I can tel you this, we are not!
Cheers to all.

socialmediaman:
@OP nice critique

Welcome to the “New Nigeria” any attempt to investigate his outlandish claim will be labeled as political by the “Change Agents” and their supporters who certainly know more truth than you could ever know.
OP, your analysis is spot on, I couldn’t fault any of it, but none of the “change agents” will consider the strength of your argument , they would rather deafen you with their accusations of being after the clowning liar. Names like “hater” “ bitter fellow” “butt hurt” will follow , anything and everything necessary to divert the thrust of the discussion will be deployed.
We are about to begin the days of the ridiculous being presented and defended as fact a massive undertaking of revisionism : of our history, recent and long past is underway by the end of this next four years and God forbid more , the story will be told that Nigeria under the PDP and more specifically Goodluck Jonathan , was a wasteland until the APC/Buhari stepped in with the change agents.
From our infrastructures power, water resources, roads, communication etcetera, etcetera. We will be regaled with tales of “how bad” or “nonexistent” everything was until the superheroes came along and declared “let there be light” and light was.
There are a number of ways of proving the validity or otherwise(a far more likely prospect) of his claim
Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 24, 2015
EMANY01:

Welcome to the “New Nigeria” any attempt to investigate his outlandish claim will be labeled as political by the “Change Agents” and their supporters who certainly know more truth than you could ever know.
OP, your analysis is spot on, I couldn’t fault any of it, but none of the “change agents” will consider the strength of your argument , they would rather deafen you with their accusations of being after the clowning liar. Names like “hater” “ bitter fellow” “butt hurt” will follow , anything and everything necessary to divert the thrust of the discussion will be deployed.
We are about to begin the days of the ridiculous being presented and defended as fact a massive undertaking of revisionism : of our history, recent and long past is underway by the end of this next four years and God forbid more , the story will be told that Nigeria under the PDP and more specifically Goodluck Jonathan , was a wasteland until the APC/Buhari stepped in with the change agents.
From our infrastructures power, water resources, roads, communication etcetera, etcetera. We will be regaled with tales of “how bad” or “nonexistent” everything was until the superheroes came along and declared “let there be light” and light was.
There are a number of ways of proving the validity or otherwise(a far more likely prospect) of his claim

Thanks a million times bro.

I suggest volunteers to walk so we can have several records.
besides it will be fun.

Anyway, what other ways do you suggest.

The more i look at it, the more I am convinced the guy is big fraud.
130km in 13hours
10km in 1hr
166m per Minute
2.78 m per second

This is about 9 ft per second.

The is impossible!
Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by omenka(m): 8:23pm On Apr 24, 2015
Old man. Be there thinking while the gentleman is busy receiving national accolades and recognition while making great friends for himself.

Some people sha.
Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 24, 2015
omenka:
Old man. Be there thinking while the gentleman is busy receiving national accolades and recognition while making great friends for himself.

Some people sha.

Young man.
One of the reasons Nigeria can never make any progress is to justify the means if the end looks favorable.

If the guy played pranks and deceived Nigerians, that is a typical example corruption.
The reason why people get away with frauds like this, is because folks like you are busy clapping for them.

join the band wagon bro.
make your name too, make friends too, cheers.
Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by omenka(m): 8:44pm On Apr 24, 2015
noblezone:

Young man.
One of the reasons Nigeria can never make any progress is to justify the means if the end looks favorable.

If the guy played pranks and deceived Nigerians, that is a typical example corruption.
The reason why people get away with frauds like this, is because folks like you are busy clapping for them.

join the band wagon bro.
make your name too, make friends too, cheers.
All what you wrote was based on suppositions. What if it didn't happen the way you think it did??

You are simply pained because of the recognition the gentleman is getting and because you are a fanatical Buhari hater.

I don't care about what you think, neither do I give two tear drops in the ocean what you do. The guy has made a name and a brand for himself and there's nothing a thousand you or Charles Novia can do to change that.

Goodnyt.
Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 24, 2015
omenka:
All what you wrote was based on suppositions. What if it didn't happen the way you think it did??

You are simply pained because of the recognition the gentleman is getting and because you are a fanatical Buhari hater.

I don't care about what you think, neither do I give two tear drops in the ocean what you do. The guy has made a name and a brand for himself and there's nothing a thousand you or Charles Novia can do to change that.

Goodnyt.

That I am pained is the most hilarious aspect of your tantrums!
Pained for what?

The average driving time from Owerri to Onitsha is about 60mins.
On the average speed of 100km/hr

If someone claims to have covered that distance in 30 mins, I can ask questions on how he did. It has nothing to do with jealousy!
Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by EMANY01(m): 9:31pm On Apr 24, 2015
noblezone:

That I am pained is the most hilarious aspect of your tantrums!
Pained for what?

The average driving time from Owerri to Onitsha is about 60mins.
On the average speed of 100km/hr

If someone claims to have covered that distance in 30 mins, I can ask questions on how he did. It has nothing to do with jealousy!

I have a few good ideas about getting forensic proof but I can't discuss them "online". Can we talk privately?
Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by EMANY01(m): 10:00pm On Apr 24, 2015
ki02020:
LMAO.....Op no be fight o but shey you no get relatives for the experiment ni

Certainly he has relatives but he is lookin to test his hypothesis under diverse and distributed conditions to achive a methodical scientific and and reliablle result after comparing, and analiyzing the various results (in this case Test Data) that the voluntears as well as the OP himself (from different locations mind you) would provide.
It is the process in the "CIVILISSED WORD" that when a claim/achievemEnt is made , the society does its best to verify that the claim is entirely true and nothing but the truth in every way, before commendations recognition and commendations are given.
Alas this is nigeria anything goes.
Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by ki02020(m): 10:07pm On Apr 24, 2015
The poster above me ehhh!..kilodeeeeeeee what happpppennn stan up grammarrrrrr
Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by Nobody: 10:20pm On Apr 24, 2015
agarawu23:
haters

he created a name for himself

you are wasting your balls here

why not get a better job to kill your time
He created a name for himself on irregularities n falsehood...that is what the OP is trying to make u understand

1 Like

Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by EMANY01(m): 10:26pm On Apr 24, 2015
ki02020:
The poster above me ehhh!..kilodeeeeeeee what happpppennn stan up grammarrrrrr

I'm typing on a mobile phone in a moving car ,at the same time engrossed in a discussion with the other occupants of the vehicle.kosi nkan na just typho will make corrections later.
No vex abeg.
Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by EMANY01(m): 10:39pm On Apr 24, 2015
Mrokaykay:
He created a name for himself on irregularities n falsehood...that is what the OP is trying to make u understand

That is what this thread is all about exposing the falsehood of the claim.It would be a monumental shame for a country of 150 million people of varying intellect to just accept that outlandish claim, witout chaking to see that it is true.
What is more embarassing is that the president-elect has capped this national folishness by identifying with the so called traveller before a serious attempt has been made to verify his claims in a supposed era of change.
Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 25, 2015
EMANY01:

I have a few good ideas about getting forensic proof but I can't discuss them "online". Can we talk privately?

Send me a mail bro.

noble_concepts@yahoo.com
Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by luvinhubby(m): 5:18pm On Apr 25, 2015
Xetima:

Now 10Km is 10,000 metres. To achieve the distance mentioned (i.e. 10Km/hr) our guy performed as follows:

The guy must be doing approximately 167mtrs in per minute or 3 metres per second to hit 10 Km/hr.

Implying if he strides at 1 meter each step he make, he would take 3 steps per second to hit 167mtrs per minute.

No distractions, no tiredness, etc. The biggest joke is the journey from Lagos to Ibadan

This is an incredible LIE
grin grin
Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by Nobody: 5:37pm On Apr 25, 2015
EMANY01:

Certainly he has relatives but he is lookin to test his hypothesis under diverse and distributed conditions to achive a methodical scientific and and reliablle result after comparing, and analiyzing the various results (in this case Test Data) that the voluntears as well as the OP himself (from different locations mind you) would provide.
It is the process in the "CIVILISSED WORD" that when a claim/achievemEnt is made , the society does its best to verify that the claim is entirely true and nothing but the truth in every way, before commendations recognition and commendations are given.
Alas this is nigeria anything goes.

You have lifted some of the burdens of my heart!
I am beginning to wonder if it really means there are none with understanding!

Honestly, in this thread and the responses thereof, I have concluded that darkness and backwardness will still be us in a long while.

You may surprised that many of our educated youths who are posting "intelligently" here cannot even comprehend what a Kilometer is like.

I was just curios when I heard the guy left Lagos by 5.00am and reached Ibadan by 6.00am.

It meant he walked for nonstop 13hours in one day!
That would be a great feat.

Then just out of curiosity, I decided to check the Lagos - Ibadan distance only to discover it it is more than 130km.

this meant that guy covered 10km for each hour (60mins)!

that is, he covered 1km for every 6 minutes!

That is impossible!

Anyway, I started this thread for two things.
1. To test if we are really ready for change!
And my verdict is, we are not!

We are Africans, we live by superstitions and sentiments.
We prefer for a "Prophet" to look into a Crystal Ball and pronounce to us, "You shall be reach" than to learn the arts of making money!

That the young man claimed he trekked from Lagos to Abuja (which I know is very possible but wont be easy) was enough to convince Nigerians!

That some of us are picking holes on that claim has made us haters!

2. If we are ready for change, our we ready to pay the price?
Our people think that change is a "boom boom boom"!
Some kind of Miracles we see in cartoons.

Change is costly and especially the kind we have in mind, very very costly!

Dear Comrade,
Do you think this generation is ready for change?
Is there any use trying to make this kind of contributions to a generation who are love fortune telling more than research?

As much as I am not so surprised by the responses here, it has further deepened my conviction that Nigeria has no redemption!

Just wondering if other African countries are as backward as we are here!
Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by otr1(m): 5:56pm On Apr 25, 2015
If he didn't make a mistake about the time, then he lied he walked the whole distance.
It's practically impossible.
Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by otr1(m): 6:09pm On Apr 25, 2015
masseratti:
I don't need to prove or state anything to u,our forefathers walked more than that on foot paths,if you like believe it if u don't like don't, it won't add a dime or out food on my Table, what I know is that it's possible, if u can't,it does not mean someone else can't .
There's no reason to get emotional. It's not possible.
Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by Nobody: 5:35am On Apr 27, 2015
masseratti:

I have not said it is not possible to walk from Lagos to Ibadan!

i am only saying it is impossible to walk from Lagos to Ibadan in 13 hours!

The guys claim meant he covered 1Km in 6 minutes!
You can go and check if you can do it!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fulani Marauders At It Again In Enugu. Warnig Graphic Picture / Trolls Drag Mercy Aigbe For Trying To ‘flirt’ With Sanwo-olu / This Picture From 2013, Is Sunday Gboho's House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.