Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,984 members, 7,952,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:10 AM

Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 (2797 Views)

Fatima Buhari: N100,000 Paid As Bride Price At Her Wedding / See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? / Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by Nobody: 7:54am On May 02, 2015
In a country of more than 160,000,000 people, someone claims he covered a distance of more 130Km in 13Hrs! (1Km in 6Mins), and people are not asking questions!
Rather all are hailing him for the "great" feat!

First, I am very sure that somebody can trek from Lagos to Abuja, so I am very sure trekking from Lagos to Ibadan is no big deal!

However, claiming to have covered a distance of more than 130Km in 13Hrs, is a different ball game altogether.

This is because the average walking speed of man is between 5Km and 6Km per Hour.
5Km if the walk is normal and 6Km if the walk is sporty (as walking out).

My Experience:
I just came back from a walk!
It was not a normal walk, it was a Walk Out!
I had nothing but the smart phone for GPS connection.
I wore canvass and some free clothings so as to maximize my walk potentials.

I covered about 8.5km and the Smart Phone recorded an average Speed of 6Km/Hr.
I repeat, it was not just trekking or walking, it was a walk out! The kind of walk you do with giant strides as if in haste.

My Challenge:

First, I am challenging the "Traveler", he lied to Nigerians!
Also, I am throwing a challenge to all Nigerians, anybody who can

Cover a distance of 40Km in 4 Hours in a single walk exercise will win a cash price of N100,000.00.

Get my point, my position is that this is not possible and I want to be proven wrong!

I am calling on a like minded fellows who will want to us Africans do things different from the way we use to contribute their quota in this challenge.

I am talking about ideas on how to execute the project.

If you are interested in taking the challenge or to work with us to execute it, please feel free to send me a mail: noble_concepts@yahoo.com

Happy New Month to all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by RobinHez(m): 8:03am On May 02, 2015
ghen ghen!
Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by MalcoImX: 8:06am On May 02, 2015
130 kilometers by Google Walk is 27 hours. But know that this is the average speed. It's difficult but not entirely impossible.
1. I researched and found out that some authorities claim you can reach a speed of 6 to 8 hours per hour, which reduces the distance to about 16 hours.
2. Also some authorities say you can reach a speed of 14 hours per hour if you fastwalk or racewalk. Here, your 130 kilometers can be covered in just about 9 hours.

My conclusion is, it's difficult to achieve the feat going by the average speed, but average is just a mean. You can add or subtract depending on other factors. If other authorities are claiming up to 8 hours, then know that few people can reach 10 – 12 kilometers per hour. I think they call it "outliers" in statistics. This group usually has their performance masked by the mass.
Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by onyi4edu(f): 8:38am On May 02, 2015
Oga it's no longer news that the traveller/trekker performed some film tricks cheesy (no be me talk am oh, I hear am for person mouth)
Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by ozoigbondu: 9:11am On May 02, 2015
The jonny walker is a very big fraud
Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by Nobody: 9:15am On May 02, 2015
It's only his fellow illiterates that actually believe that poo.

We Nigerians like to think of ourselves as educated and "sophisticated".

Truth is we just like to think that way. Going from some comments on nairaland It can be concluded that we are way far from being educated.

2 Likes

Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by Nobody: 9:18am On May 02, 2015
I laugh each time I read news of Jonny Walker
ozoigbondu:
The jonny walker is a very big fraud
Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by Nobody: 9:53am On May 02, 2015
MalcoImX:
130 kilometers by Google Walk is 27 hours. But know that this is the average speed. It's difficult but not entirely impossible.
1. I researched and found out that some authorities claim you can reach a speed of 6 to 8 hours per hour, which reduces the distance to about 16 hours.
2. Also some authorities say you can reach a speed of 14 hours per hour if you fastwalk or racewalk. Here, your 130 kilometers can be covered in just about 9 hours.

My conclusion is, it's difficult to achieve the feat going by the average speed, but average is just a mean. You can add or subtract depending on other factors. If other authorities are claiming up to 8 hours, then know that few people can reach 10 – 12 kilometers per hour. I think they call it "outliers" in statistics. This group usually has their performance masked by the mass.

Thanks for your input bro!
I appreciate also the time you spent to do your research.
On other hand, let me make the following points.

1. If you are walking a short distance, you can afford to fast walk. If the distance is long you will wear yourself out soon.

The contention here is not just the speed but also the distance covered.

The Traveler was not in a race to beat time!
Even if he fast walked, it meant he never rested!
Mind you, he had a bag on his back!

and he fast walked for 13 hours

2. Let us assume that someone can in real life fast walk for 13 hours and in the process covers a 130Km ( I understand it is even more), I will like to have a validation of that theory in this particular case.
If we want to see change in our society, we must change the way we think and do things.

3. My challenge is open to all bro!
I am real.

I have skaked N100,000.00 for any Nigerian (including you and the Traveler), that can cover 40Km in 4 Hrs just walking!

I am only talking about just 40Km and not 130Km.

Finally bro, next Saturday, do an experiment, just do 2Km walk, use a GPS smart phone to record your distance, time and speed.

I used a Nokia E5.
You can fast walk, then come and share your experience.

However note that the more you fast walk, the more energy you loose and the more your speed will slow.
Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by luvinhubby(m): 9:56am On May 02, 2015
Act 2, scene 1......ACTION !!!!
Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by luvinhubby(m): 10:02am On May 02, 2015
MalcoImX:

Let us leave scientific analyses posted on net alone & face realities.
Can you go out on a walk for 1hr with a timing instrument (smart phone comes handy) & messure how many km/hr you can cover at what rate & come here & tell us.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by Nobody: 10:18am On May 02, 2015
Even the nomadic fulanis that move their cattles from north to east on foot won't achieve such feat let alone an average bloke who has never engaged himself in long distance trekking.All these people gallivanting from place to place are just pathetic.
Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by Nobody: 10:35am On May 02, 2015
luvinhubby:

Can you go out on a walk for 1hr with a timing instrument (smart phone comes handy) & messure how many km/hr you can cover at what rate & come here & tell us.

Thanks in advance.
That is exactly what i am asking Nigerians to do!
Every simple experiment and all I get is insults.

I did that this morning.
I went on a walk. It was more of a walk out than just trekking.
The speed recorded on the GPS enabled smart phone was 6Km/Hr.
I covered about 8.5Km.

Initially, I worked with theory and now I have gone out to practice.
I ma speaking from experience now.
I have even staked N100,000.00.
Let us wait and see.
Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by Nobody: 10:37am On May 02, 2015
luvinhubby:
Act 2, scene 1......ACTION !!!!

I dont need any act or scene, I just need action!
Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by MzJackBaueress(f): 10:39am On May 02, 2015
Not again Noblezone!
*sighs*
Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by jmoore(m): 10:41am On May 02, 2015
Some folks that are controlled by remote control will soon come after you shouting 'hater'.

So many gullible folks.
Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by MalcoImX: 11:03am On May 02, 2015
noblezone:

It's difficult but not entirely impossible. That's my point. At every time in human history, many things were thought to be impossible, but humans have broken those myths. As an example, there were beliefs even in the scientific community that the human body can never run 100 meters in under 10 seconds, or that nobody can run the mile under four minutes. As at June 2013, 86 sprinters have broken the 10 minute-barrier, and the same year that Roger Bannister ran the mile under 4 minutes had many athletes achieving the same.
For one, the first walker (Lagos – Abuja) is a pacesetter. This feat wouldn't have been imaginable if the dude hasn't put it to test. And since then, we've had 4 –5 following suit - people who wouldn't, if not by the example set, have the guts to trek to the next village.
|
Point is: It's not entirely impossible as human endeavours have shown, and your questions shouldn't just be dismissed since they're looking for empirical evidence. The problem you'll begin to encounter is lack of adequate record, most of which are exaggerated estimates. If you feel there's a missing link, it is good to continually challenge the trekker to prove, or be sufficiently imbued to call for volunteers to test his results.
Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by MalcoImX: 11:17am On May 02, 2015
luvinhubby:

Thanks in advance.
Is it possible walk from Lagos to Abuja on the number of days he claimed? And, is noblezone's experiment standard enough to discredit what was put forward by the Trekker?
If you can call for volunteers and reach Abuja in double the time that the fellow claimed, then you too have done what he did – only that you're not the first.
Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by luvinhubby(m): 11:22am On May 02, 2015
MalcoImX:
Is it possible walk from Lagos to Abuja on the number of days he claimed? And, is noblezone's experiment standard enough to discredit what was put forward by the Trekker?
If you can call for volunteers and reach Abuja in double the time that the fellow claimed, then you too have done what he did – only that you're not the first.
Nobody is talking of trekking to abuja, just to verify that you can TREK a distance of 121k in 13hrs, that is all.
Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by MalcoImX: 11:53am On May 02, 2015
luvinhubby:

Nobody is talking of trekking to abuja, just to verify that you can TREK a distance of 121k in 13hrs, that is all.
You mean it cannot be done?
Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by Nobody: 11:57am On May 02, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
Not again Noblezone!

*sighs*

Nne m I am sorry if I have stepped on your toes.
I am have staked N100,000.00 for this!

Something is very wrong with the mentality of Africans and except we change the way we think, we are not ready for change!
We are comfortable with juicy fairy tales than real living!

The guy is a fraud! Prove me wrong or simply keep quiet!

Bless you soul!
Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by luvinhubby(m): 12:35pm On May 02, 2015
MalcoImX:
Are so saying it is a reality?
Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by MugabeRobert: 12:36pm On May 02, 2015
Here is my 250k instant challenge,

1. Why is it that ONLY ibos disagree that the dude actually walked? Why are they all out, doing everything possible to discredit him?

2. Would they (ibos)
still doubt the walker if his name is Obinna instead of Sulaiman?

1 Like

Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by MzJackBaueress(f): 12:45pm On May 02, 2015
noblezone:

Nne m I am sorry if I have stepped on your toes.
I am have staked N100,000.00 for this!

Something is very wrong with the mentality of Africans and except we change the way we think, we are not ready for change!
We are comfortable with juicy fairy tales than real living!

The guy is a fraud! Prove me wrong or simply keep quiet!

Bless you soul!
angry angry angry
Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by Nobody: 12:46pm On May 02, 2015
MugabeRobert:
Here is my 250k instant challenge,

1. Why is it that ONLY ibos disagree that the dude actually walked? Why are they all out, doing everything possible to discredit him?

2. Would they (ibos)
still doubt the walker if his name is Obinna instead of Sulaiman?

Sincere apologies sir.
However please note that I dont give a single damn about the guys name of where he comes from!

The average normal walk is between 5km and 6km per hour.
Somebody said he did more than 10Km per hour and that was for 13 whole hours!

Perhaps you are now explaining to us why the guy has got away with this deception:
he is not Igbo!

Too bad!
Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by Nobody: 12:52pm On May 02, 2015
MalcoImX:

Bros, it CANNOT be done!

Morrow morning or when it is convenient for you, take a GPS enabled smart phone, work as fast as you can for 1 Hr only. check the distance you covered and the speed then come and share with us.

Note how you feel after the 1 hr walk, tell us if you can do same thing for the next 12 hours non stop!

I have staked N100,000.00 sir.
Let someone cover 40Km in 4 Hrs and the cash is his/hers/
Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 02, 2015
luvinhubby:

I dont even need the whole of the distance.

i just need someone to cover 40Km in 4 Hours!
There is a N100,000.00 reward.

In the mean time, you can just walk as fast you can for 1 Hr, use a GPS smart phone to record your distance, time and speed.
Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by MalcoImX: 1:45pm On May 02, 2015
noblezone:

Bros, it CANNOT be done!

Morrow morning or when it is convenient for you, take a GPS enabled smart phone, work as fast as you can for 1 Hr only. check the distance you covered and the speed then come and share with us.

Note how you feel after the 1 hr walk, tell us if you can do same thing for the next 12 hours non stop!

I have staked N100,000.00 sir.
Let someone cover 40Km in 4 Hrs and the cash is his/hers/
I don't have the facts to disprove your or the trekker's claim, but what I am certain of is, there are people who can walk a 10 km distance in an hour.
Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 02, 2015
MalcoImX:
I don't have the facts to disprove your or the trekker's claim, but what I am certain of is, there are people who can walk a 10 km distance in an hour.
And they can do it for 10 consecutive Hours to cover a 130Km?
And in a single day?

Tell me another juicy fairy tale bro,

Somebody "covered" a 130Km distance 13 Hours in a single stretch for nothing, but I have staked N100,000.00 for 40Km for 4 Hours!

I am waiting for someone to take up the challenge.
Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by MalcoImX: 2:04pm On May 02, 2015
noblezone:

And they can do it for 10 consecutive Hours to cover a 130Km?
And in a single day?

Tell me another juicy fairy tale bro,
I would follow you to call this feat a scam if I can prove it's a scam. But you don't put a hole in a data without doing the same experiment or quoting an authority reporting on similar event.
Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 02, 2015
MalcoImX:
I would follow you to call this feat a scam if I can prove it's a scam. But you don't put a hole in a data without doing the same experiment or quoting an authority reporting on similar event.

I just told you what I did today!

I did a walk out for about 1 hr 25mins covering a distance of about 8.5Km.
I used a GPS enabled smart phone an it recored time, distance and speed.
It accurately displayed the speed as 6Km/Hr.

I have called for people to perform the simple experiment but non of you are forth coming.
In a country of more than 160 Million, we cant boast of at least 10 people who are willing to make a little sacrifice?

I have even stake N100k for just one person who can cover 40Km in 4 hrs!
Even the Traveler is invited.
Let him cover 40Km in 4Hrs and collect the N100,000.00
Do you mean we dont have just 1 person within this our population?

Why are we so lazy minded?
Africa will surely remain backward!

We are really not ready for any change!
You can quote me sir!
Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 02, 2015
Eugenedimgba:
Even the nomadic fulanis that move their cattles from north to east on foot won't achieve such feat let alone an average bloke who has never engaged himself in long distance trekking.All these people gallivanting from place to place are just pathetic.

I thought the President-elect would ask to verify the "trekker's" claim before offering him a handshake.

The trekker's claim was fraudulent and a corruption fighter ought to know that.
Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 02, 2015
Xetima:

I thought the President-elect would ask to verify the "trekker's" claim before offering him a handshake.

The trekker's claim was fraudulent and a corruption fighter ought to know that.

This is Africa where emotions rule over logic.
This is a place where we trust superstitions more than facts.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kenyan Girl Refuses To Wear Her Clothes After Being Abused At The Airport For Ca / Is It Too Early To Criticize Buhari? - Trailblazer1 / Aregbesola Have Damaged Osun's Economy-odumakin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.