Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,346 members, 7,819,231 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Threat To Make Ekiti Ungovernable: Fayose Drags APC To AU, UN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Threat To Make Ekiti Ungovernable: Fayose Drags APC To AU, UN (1678 Views)

"FG Let Igbos Go": Northern Youths Call ECOWAS, AU, UN For Hastened Referendum / Osinbajo To Lead Nigeria’s Delegation To AU Summit In Kigali / BREAKING: Fayose Drags EFCC, Zenith Bank To court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Threat To Make Ekiti Ungovernable: Fayose Drags APC To AU, UN by spako4(m): 3:02pm On Apr 22, 2015
Threat to make Ekiti ungovernable: Fayose drags APC to AU, UN

on April 22, 2015 / in News 2:41 pm / Comments

The governor of Ekiti state, Ayodele Fayose, has noted that he has reported the All Progressives Congress, APC, to the United Nations (UN) and the African Union (AU) on the imminent reign of impunity by APC as from May 29, stressing that there is an alleged threat by the party to make Ekiti state ungovernable.

“In alerting the international community on what to expect from May 29 as regards the threat by the APC to make Ekiti ungovernable, I have decided to put on notice the United Nations (UN) and the African Union (AU) on the imminent reign of impunity by APC as from May 29.

“Since Ekiti people are certain to resist the planned plundering of their land, Nigerians and the world at large should know who to hold responsible in the event of anarchy in Ekiti State in particular and the entire Yorubaland,” he noted in a press statement.

Read full statement below:
It has become imperative once again to address the media on the constitutional and political crises being foisted on our dear State, Ekiti by irritants of unbridled ambitions, who are not only devoid of spirit of sportsmanship but implacable even when all odds are against them and roundly rejected by the good people of the state.
Fayose and Buhari

Fayose and Buhari

It is no longer news that I defeated an incumbent governor in all the 16 Local Government Areas in the State and that for the first time in the history of Nigeria, attempts were made to use the courts to prevent someone who clearly won a governorship election from assuming office.

Since June 21, 2014 that the All Progressives Congress (APC) suffered that humiliating defeat, the party has suffered defeats in the entire local government areas in Ekiti State in four other elections, the latest being the House of Assembly election in which APC won no single seat out of the 26 seats.

Ekiti people have been persistent in their preference for me and my party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to correct the ills of the last four years and set the State on the path of greatness.

Despite that Ekiti people have consistently spoken with their votes against the APC, Nigerians are witnesses to the litany of illegalities being woven by both the national leadership of the party and its Ekiti State chapter, all in an attempt to rob Ekiti people of the mandate freely given to me.

Despite receiving bloodied nose in both the political and judicial arena in the hands of the Ekiti masses as represented by me, these desperate politicians are unrelenting in their shenanigans, the latest being the information at my disposal that even after May 29, the state would not know peace.

I however trust Ekiti people to do what is right in securing peace in their land.
I have been severally informed that I became the prime demolition target of the APC national leadership because of my overt and unalloyed support for President Goodluck Jonathan during the campaigns.

Insiders in their party also told me that APC leaders were also yet to get over the fact that in the entire South-West, Ekiti was the only state they could not “rob” for General Mohammed Buhari (rtd). The eagle-eyed surveillance of Ekiti people ensured that.

I wish to declare unequivocally that I remain loyal to President Jonathan even after May 29 as my support for his re-election and administration was not about bread-and-butter. I was convinced he was moving Nigeria in the right direction, despite all the noise. I have no regrets supporting him. If same situation presents itself again, I would do it all over.

Let me state It clearly that if President Jonathan is deserted by all Nigerians today, I, Ayodele Fayose, would remain with him. I have chosen to be his last-man standing.

If for this show of loyalty to Mr President and my party, APC and its leaders believe that the best way to pay me back is to make Ekiti ungovernable, the decision on appropriate reaction belongs to the people, whose mandate I keep in trust.

It is ironic that those who said worse things about the President-elect, General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) when they were in opposing parties, are the ones milling around him today, using him as an electoral talisman and demonizing us for saying things of lesser magnitude during a campaign that was mainly characterized by hate-messages from both divides.

I also want to put on record that if all PDP members decamp to APC today, I will remain the last-man standing for the party, even as I have no cause to denigrate the office of the president.

I also promise APC a robust and engaging opposition both in the South-West, and nationally, with me playing a prominent role.

Let me again state that I will continue to seek peace with my traducers and troublers of Ekiti.
Since the Supreme Court judgement which held my 2006 impeachment as illegal, unconstitutional, null and void and of no effect, my preachings have been peace. This is to see if a hand of fellowship as urged by elders in the state and the nation at large would bring sanity to the opposition camp. It definitely has nothing to do with cowardice; as Ekiti is a land of the brave.

In alerting the international community on what to expect from May 29 as regards the threat by the APC to make Ekiti ungovernable, I have decided to put on notice the United Nations (UN) and the African Union (AU) on the imminent reign of impunity by APC as from May 29.

Since Ekiti people are certain to resist the planned plundering of their land, Nigerians and the world at large should know who to hold responsible in the event of anarchy in Ekiti State in particular and the entire Yorubaland.

God bless our land.
Ayo Fayose,

Governor, Ekiti State
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/threat-to-make-ekiti-ungovernable-fayose-drags-apc-to-au-un/#sthash.i6wYynND.dpuf
Re: Threat To Make Ekiti Ungovernable: Fayose Drags APC To AU, UN by Kennywills7(m): 3:05pm On Apr 22, 2015
Did APC actually said that?

APC should allow the man to govern dat state peacefully, making d state ungovernable will not b of help to d ekiti people rather they will b d ones at d receiving end!
Let peace reign in Ekiti state

1 Like

Re: Threat To Make Ekiti Ungovernable: Fayose Drags APC To AU, UN by Jorussia(m): 3:08pm On Apr 22, 2015
Re: Threat To Make Ekiti Ungovernable: Fayose Drags APC To AU, UN by chuka5000(m): 3:08pm On Apr 22, 2015
Hmm. Yeye dey smell

2 Likes

Re: Threat To Make Ekiti Ungovernable: Fayose Drags APC To AU, UN by Nursecaleb(m): 3:08pm On Apr 22, 2015
Fayose is already there,any1 that hates im shud go and die in thel lagoon including Gmb

2 Likes

Re: Threat To Make Ekiti Ungovernable: Fayose Drags APC To AU, UN by spako4(m): 3:10pm On Apr 22, 2015
Press statement release by Fayose himself

1 Like

Re: Threat To Make Ekiti Ungovernable: Fayose Drags APC To AU, UN by Jorussia(m): 3:10pm On Apr 22, 2015
make Ekiti APC leave dis man jare,i don't see any reason they shouldn't respect the will of ekiti people. The only way,i will support his impeachment, will if mimiko goes ahead with his plan to impeach his deputy.
Re: Threat To Make Ekiti Ungovernable: Fayose Drags APC To AU, UN by spako4(m): 3:11pm On Apr 22, 2015
Kennywills7:
Did APC actually said that?

Press statement release by Fayose himself
Re: Threat To Make Ekiti Ungovernable: Fayose Drags APC To AU, UN by HzRF(m): 3:19pm On Apr 22, 2015
They just can't beat this man
He's mouthed and loved
Re: Threat To Make Ekiti Ungovernable: Fayose Drags APC To AU, UN by spako4(m): 3:28pm On Apr 22, 2015
The season film called 'Ekiti drama' is selling fast i hope you have bought your copy
Re: Threat To Make Ekiti Ungovernable: Fayose Drags APC To AU, UN by Ozigbondu(m): 3:32pm On Apr 22, 2015
APC and PDP
Re: Threat To Make Ekiti Ungovernable: Fayose Drags APC To AU, UN by Bamoha(m): 3:37pm On Apr 22, 2015
lol d guy is nw shaking... wen he was sayin all dose rubbish he no knw o

*sips agbalumo juice*

1 Like

Re: Threat To Make Ekiti Ungovernable: Fayose Drags APC To AU, UN by jahbiz: 3:41pm On Apr 22, 2015
Fayose playing a defensive game with attacking formation...

1 Like

Re: Threat To Make Ekiti Ungovernable: Fayose Drags APC To AU, UN by quixotic: 4:07pm On Apr 22, 2015
why always fayose?this is how falsehood starts. APC has never saìd they wìll make ekiti ungovernable, this was how the buhari ungovernable statement started, the deputy governor of ondo has been served impeachment notice,and nobody is blocking the assembly ground or entrance to ondo state,, before nyako was impeached was he not elected by adamawa people?the 19 constitute more than a quorum, so what is the cry?they shouldn't perform their functions or is impeachment of an errant executive not their function?

3 Likes

Re: Threat To Make Ekiti Ungovernable: Fayose Drags APC To AU, UN by westreign(m): 4:56pm On Apr 22, 2015
Fayose has murdered sleep, hence he will not sleep. Impeachment is what keep Executive checked and whenever they are found wanting..., impeachment is inevitable. he is not the first neither will he be the last. This comment won't change anything as these same people will desert him when it matters most. He should asked those before him.
Re: Threat To Make Ekiti Ungovernable: Fayose Drags APC To AU, UN by Nobody: 5:07pm On Apr 22, 2015
Lol

1 Like

Re: Threat To Make Ekiti Ungovernable: Fayose Drags APC To AU, UN by Nobody: 5:29pm On Apr 22, 2015
These are politicians not people like Atiku and OBJ looking and running to where there is greener pasture. Buhari should be careful of people around him.

APC is planning a government of no opposition and that can never work.
Re: Threat To Make Ekiti Ungovernable: Fayose Drags APC To AU, UN by ARBITRAGEUR: 5:36pm On Apr 22, 2015
Fayose, the last man standing! If Fayose can tackle Obasanjo, who is APC and senile Buhari?
Re: Threat To Make Ekiti Ungovernable: Fayose Drags APC To AU, UN by tyson99(m): 5:38pm On Apr 22, 2015
ARBITRAGEUR:
Fayose, the last man standing! If Fayose can tackle Obasanjo, who is APC and senile Buhari?
ode

1 Like

Re: Threat To Make Ekiti Ungovernable: Fayose Drags APC To AU, UN by sakaguchi(m): 5:39pm On Apr 22, 2015
Fayose! You will forever have my respect. You are by far the most popular politician to his electorate. Again and again, the people you govern have shown enormous love for you. No other politician hold this internecine appeal with his/her electorate...that is why they all hate you. The reason for their hate is envy.

1 Like

Re: Threat To Make Ekiti Ungovernable: Fayose Drags APC To AU, UN by ARBITRAGEUR: 5:44pm On Apr 22, 2015
That is your father's name.
tyson99:

ode
Re: Threat To Make Ekiti Ungovernable: Fayose Drags APC To AU, UN by rollybest(m): 5:47pm On Apr 22, 2015
na only apc know how to drag?
Re: Threat To Make Ekiti Ungovernable: Fayose Drags APC To AU, UN by spako4(m): 9:15pm On Apr 22, 2015
a lot of petitions are going to AU and UN from Nigeria politicians because of their lack of trust in Nigeria judiciary .
Lawyers in the house say something
Re: Threat To Make Ekiti Ungovernable: Fayose Drags APC To AU, UN by efilefun(m): 9:27pm On Apr 22, 2015
Lmao... If he's not careful they would detain him instead of APC

1 Like

Re: Threat To Make Ekiti Ungovernable: Fayose Drags APC To AU, UN by KanwuliaJara: 9:31pm On Apr 22, 2015
Welcome to the WILD WILD WEST! cheesy
APC! The new improved BOKO HARAM!!!!! grin
Re: Threat To Make Ekiti Ungovernable: Fayose Drags APC To AU, UN by spako4(m): 9:40pm On Apr 22, 2015
[quote author=KanwuliaJara post=33005682]Welcome to the WILD WILD WEST! cheesy
APC! The new improved BOKO HARAM!!!!! grin[/quote

What is BOKO HARAM about west?
Pls don't bring boko haram into it

1 Like

Re: Threat To Make Ekiti Ungovernable: Fayose Drags APC To AU, UN by spako4(m): 9:47pm On Apr 22, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
Welcome to the WILD WILD WEST! cheesy
APC! The new improved BOKO HARAM!!!!! grin

What is BOKO HARAM about west?
Pls don't bring boko haram into it

1 Like

Re: Threat To Make Ekiti Ungovernable: Fayose Drags APC To AU, UN by durosegun(m): 10:22pm On Apr 22, 2015
Fayose should expect more intimidation from the APC and I'm sure that he won't survive it. He is the architect of his own undoing; he fought very dirty and all his political jibes during the campaign were below the belt. It was obvious that whoever won would take all, and unfortunately for him, APC did. I don't pity him!

1 Like

Re: Threat To Make Ekiti Ungovernable: Fayose Drags APC To AU, UN by spako4(m): 11:09pm On Apr 22, 2015
Ekiti state has become a soap opera that everyone is watching.
I hope the major actor will last
Re: Threat To Make Ekiti Ungovernable: Fayose Drags APC To AU, UN by anigbajumo(m): 11:36pm On Apr 22, 2015
See parrot fm again,so he dnt knw dis wen he dy yern anyhow.....yeye dey smell coz una neva see anyfin yet.....

1 Like

Re: Threat To Make Ekiti Ungovernable: Fayose Drags APC To AU, UN by spako4(m): 2:52am On Apr 23, 2015
Can any resident of Ekiti tell us the real situation report.
It seems there is an economy paralysis in the state.
Re: Threat To Make Ekiti Ungovernable: Fayose Drags APC To AU, UN by Nobody: 7:09am On Apr 23, 2015
APC should let this man rule Ekiti State and wait for him in the next election!!!

My humble take is that the way APC is pursuing Rivers, Ekiti and other PDP states may lead to truncating this democracy. They should realise that as it is now PDP leaders have nothing to lose if this democratic regime is truncated.

Unfortunately, APC are pushing their luck too far!!! They have not taken over, they are harassing everybody, penciling down who they will sack and who they will change, threatening to remove service chiefs, to probe $30B military spend and all that. I fear that the crisis that they may create in this quest for POLITICAL TRIUMPHALISM may lead to the demise of the fourth republic

Let those who now boast in triumphalism be watchful and be careful. If Ekiti, Rivers Imo and Akwa-Ibom states become ungovernable because APC is bent on ruling all over the nation, well it may be too late as the crisis that would engulf Nigeria may just end APC's and democratic rule. I am not an advocate of military intervention, but it appears our political class do not learn!!! APC has started treading the path of NPN in 1983 of "moon slide victory and bandwagon effect".

[size=14pt]"... let “those whose palm kernels were cracked for them by a benevolent spirit ... not forget to be humble, ...” - Word of wisdom [/size]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Radio Biafra Still Airing? / I Suspect Igbotic Mods Are Attacking Me With Anti Spambot / Biafra Agitation EU Call On Nigeria To Hold Referendum In 90 Days #saharareport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.