Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,155 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Having A Child, The Best Thing Ever! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Having A Child, The Best Thing Ever! (820 Views)

Is Beating And Shouting To A Child The Best Way To Train A Child? / Having A Timetable For Sex Can Boost Your Relationship / What Is The Best Thing To Do When Your Newly Married Wife Says No To You On Bed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Having A Child, The Best Thing Ever! by Jiblo(m): 3:11pm On Apr 22, 2015
I have a 6 month old daughter and everyday I wake up happy! The feeling is indescribable, one of pure unadulterated joy mixed with positive uncertainty, helpless but assured hope and emotional intriguing amusement. It makes me respect my parents even more.

Funny enough, when I was younger (I'm in my late thirties now) I used to be extremely child phobic. My married male counterpart friends then already had kids averaging 5 years in age. I just could not understand the thrill then about having kids. Left to me, asides from the usual cultural expectations as a Nigerian man, I would have opted to just being a financial patron to a children's home.

But now, having taken the step, I am overjoyed and wonder why I wasn't man enough to have braved the challenge then. My advice to men, and women alike;

1. God is the giver of children. Children are a blessing. They are an inheritance from God. Don't squander it! Don't Abort!

2. God gives to whomsoever He desires. The fruit of the womb is a reward from God. He gives some now, He gives others later but in the end, He gives ALL.

3. If you're ready, you're ready. Don't contemplate or procrastinate. Its better to have kids early when you're still in your prime, youthful, strong, playful and willing to explore. If you've achieved the basics in life, school, work and relationship, and a baby comes, grab it! Children are like arrows in the hands of a warrior when born in one’s youth.

4. This does not mean one should be irresponsible and then procreate without appropriation or preparation. If anyone brings a child into this world forcefully or deceitfully, without providing any means or plans of catering for the child, the soul of the child is already bearing witness against the parent in heaven and here on earth. Untold hardship, destitution and ridicule will follow that 'parent' like a foul-smelling stigma.

5. Children are children. Whether through copulation, IVF, test-tube or adoption. Whichever works best for an individual or a couple is up to them. But don't be in a haste. Do your research. Be patient. Ask yourself a lot of questions. Are you willing to break the norm accepted in your circle of family, friends? Have you resorted to realizing the fact that at the end of the day, you alone can make yourself happy and not family or friends.

6. Note, no matter how 'ready' you feel you are, whether financially, emotionally, spiritually, psychologically...and all the other -ally's ..... have in mind that its only God that will see you through. As humans, we are incapacitated by our limitations and can only rely on a true living supernatural being that is beyond our reasoning, to provide, protect, nurture, prevent and secure these little ones.

Take my case for example, just when I though I was now ready 'financially' to cater for a child, I got married, my wife got pregnant and shortly after that, I lost my job! All in the space of 3 months! And that was almost 2 years ago. I still haven't been able to secure a good job since then but like Nigerians say, we're managing. But through it all, God remains faithful, we keep finding favor, and day in day out, we survive.

7. Finally, there's nothing as rewarding, as fulfilling and as calming as watching your child (or baby toddler as they call it) sleep peacefully, and sometimes smile or laugh in her sleep, or waking you up with a smile on her face every morning, or learning new tricks that just keeps you on your toes and makes you laugh even harder that you even shed tears. Nothing beats that. It takes away all the frustration, the stress and all the shortcomings in this world. Nothing matters anymore, except to ask God to bless you to provide for your family and watch your child grow up in wisdom, knowledge and understanding.

Well, I have decided to stop at 7, because its my favorite number but if you'd like to add more, please feel free. Its for the benefit of those contemplating having kids, those in limbo on what to do about falling pregnant and those eagerly looking for or procrastinating why they should have kids.

Also feel free to share your personal experiences too, it will help motivate and encourage some people out there and help them decide what next steps to take.

@Mod, please promote this article to front page if you kindly would. Thank you.

6 Likes

Re: Having A Child, The Best Thing Ever! by adeyiga3(m): 3:26pm On Apr 22, 2015
Yea its gud but dat does nt mean we shud all go abt fathering babies wit noting to support him or her nd the mother wit
Re: Having A Child, The Best Thing Ever! by Nobody: 3:33pm On Apr 22, 2015
adeyiga3:
Yea its gud but dat does nt mean we shud all go abt fathering babies wit noting to support him or her nd the mother wit

4. This does not mean one should be irresponsible and then procreate without appropriation or preparation. If anyone brings a child into this world forcefully or deceitfully, without providing any means or plans of catering for the child, the soul of the child is already bearing witnessagainstthe parent in heaven and here on earth. Untold hardship, destitution and ridicule will follow that 'parent' like a foul-smelling stigma.

2 Likes

Re: Having A Child, The Best Thing Ever! by zed7: 4:02pm On Apr 22, 2015
Best thing ever is having kids. Indescribable feeling.

2 Likes

Re: Having A Child, The Best Thing Ever! by greatgod2012(f): 4:36pm On Apr 22, 2015
@op, i feel you.
The joy of having kids is indeed an indescibable one.

Using this medium to pray for those who are willing and able to have this kind of feeling but are not yet able to for one reason or the other that this year shall not pass them by and that they shall also have cause to have this feeling and the feeling shall be permanent.

For those of us with children already, may they never be source of sorrow to us and may we never regret having them. Amen

5 Likes

Re: Having A Child, The Best Thing Ever! by Jiblo(m): 5:12pm On Apr 22, 2015
vfactor:

Thank you vfactor, you just saved me some 'valuable' time! grin
Re: Having A Child, The Best Thing Ever! by Nobody: 5:35pm On Apr 22, 2015
Owwshhh... can't wait to have my own baby(ies) cheesy kiss kiss kiss
Re: Having A Child, The Best Thing Ever! by MzzTega(f): 5:45pm On Apr 22, 2015
Awwww! so sweet.
Can't wait to be a Mother. So much love radiates from a Mother to her kids.
Lord,when it is time,lemme have them in doubles(twins).
Amen!

(1) (Reply)

How Can He Deal With A Nagging Wife? / The 10 Unspoken Rules Of S*x… / Sales! Sales!! Sales!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.