Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,823 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Breaking : Court Strikes Out Certificate Suit Against Buhari --- Premiumtimes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking : Court Strikes Out Certificate Suit Against Buhari --- Premiumtimes (1551 Views)

Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion / Court Strikes Out Certificate Suit Against Buhari - Leadership / Group Alleges Plot To Assassinate Buhari---- Premiumtimes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking : Court Strikes Out Certificate Suit Against Buhari --- Premiumtimes by AdeniyiA(m): 4:25pm On Apr 22, 2015
A Federal High Court has dismissed two suits seeking the disqualification of Muhammadu
Buhari from the March 28 presidential
election.
Justice Adeniyi Ademola of Federal High Court,
Abuja, struck out the two suits Wednesday.
There has been controversy over the academic
qualification of Mr. Buhari for the election which he eventually won.
Supporters of the ruling Peoples Democratic
Party, PDP, said Mr. Buhari did not meet the
constitutional requirement of a secondary school certificate for the post of the president.
Days before the March 28 presidential election, there were concerns Mr. Buhari would be disqualified. The court later adjourned the case to April 22.
There were no fewer than 10 suits seeking Mr.
Buhari’s disqualification on different grounds.
All the suits were consolidated since they sought the same relief.
In one of the suits, Chukwunweike Okafor
sought an order compelling the Independent
National Electoral Commission to remove or
delete Mr. Buhari’s name and that of the APC from the list of persons and political parties
eligible for the office of President.
Mr. Okafor asked the court to hold that the
information supplied by the APC flag-bearer in
Form C.F 001 that his West African School
Certificate was with the Nigerian Army was
false and should be disqualified from the race.
In another suit, Max Ozoaka asked the court to
disqualify Mr. Buhari on the ground that the
INEC Form Cf 001 the APC candidate submitted
to INEC was incomplete.
He argued that Mr. Buhari failed to accompany
the form with all relevant academic
credentials.
Mr. Ozoaka also raised objections regarding
some of the information contained in other
documents submitted by the APC candidate,
including voter’s card.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/181855-court-strikes-out-certificate-suit-against-buhari.html
Re: Breaking : Court Strikes Out Certificate Suit Against Buhari --- Premiumtimes by aare07(m): 4:28pm On Apr 22, 2015
Victory at last
Sai Buhari till 2023 by God's Grace
Re: Breaking : Court Strikes Out Certificate Suit Against Buhari --- Premiumtimes by madridguy(m): 4:31pm On Apr 22, 2015
BEFORE NKO ?
Re: Breaking : Court Strikes Out Certificate Suit Against Buhari --- Premiumtimes by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 22, 2015
okay we are waiting for change ooooo
Re: Breaking : Court Strikes Out Certificate Suit Against Buhari --- Premiumtimes by Mogidi: 4:42pm On Apr 22, 2015
The court may have struck it off but can't strike it off our memory.

Nigeria is now: A country governed by an illiterate and chosen by illiterates, sad, sad, sad.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking : Court Strikes Out Certificate Suit Against Buhari --- Premiumtimes by AdeniyiA(m): 4:47pm On Apr 22, 2015
Mogidi:
The court may have struck it out but no one can strike it off our memory.

Nigeria is now: A country governed by an illiterate and chosen by illiterates, sad, sad, sad.
What has Nigeria become since being ruled by a Doctorate degree holder?

6 Likes

Re: Breaking : Court Strikes Out Certificate Suit Against Buhari --- Premiumtimes by Mogidi: 4:50pm On Apr 22, 2015
AdeniyiA:

What has Nigeria become since being ruled by a Doctorate degree holder?

Your question would have sounded right if you had asked what Nigeria would become governed by illiterates.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking : Court Strikes Out Certificate Suit Against Buhari --- Premiumtimes by Raiders: 4:53pm On Apr 22, 2015
Mogidi:
The court may have struck it out but no one can strike it off our memory.

why are you calling someone an illiterate that has achieved more than you. Do you think its easy to graduate from NDA and attend different war colleges in US, UK and India.

1 Like

Re: Breaking : Court Strikes Out Certificate Suit Against Buhari --- Premiumtimes by Lanretoye(m): 4:55pm On Apr 22, 2015
Story for Doyin Okupe.
Re: Breaking : Court Strikes Out Certificate Suit Against Buhari --- Premiumtimes by AdeniyiA(m): 4:58pm On Apr 22, 2015
Mogidi:

Your question would have sounded right if you had asked what Nigeria would become governed by illiterates.
g
you wanted me to sound futuristic?
I no be seer, I cannot change the past but I can change the present nd d future.
Your illiterates achievement shall be assessed after 4yrs
Re: Breaking : Court Strikes Out Certificate Suit Against Buhari --- Premiumtimes by FrankOguns(m): 5:05pm On Apr 22, 2015
Power speaking for him
Re: Breaking : Court Strikes Out Certificate Suit Against Buhari --- Premiumtimes by Mogidi: 5:07pm On Apr 22, 2015
AdeniyiA:

g
you wanted me to sound futuristic?
I no be seer, I cannot change the past but I can change the present nd d future.
Your illiterates achievement shall be assessed after 4yrs

Some might not be willing to wait 4yrs, remember his ignominious exit last time he tried governance and macro-economics.
Re: Breaking : Court Strikes Out Certificate Suit Against Buhari --- Premiumtimes by Gbawe: 5:23pm On Apr 22, 2015
Mogidi:
The court may have struck it off but can't strike it off our memory.

Sore loser. Your life must be one big concoction of bitterness, underachievement and frustration. You are the illiterate if you cannot understand that Buhari's academic qualification was never in doubt. You are not even ashamed your President and ruling Party behaved like a gang of scammers just to retain power they don't deserve. If you don't like the new President and government then feel free to move to Xenophobia-ravaged areas of South Africa. Undemocratic nuisance.

Ntoor
[img]http://cdn.mg.co.za/crop/content/images/2014/12/11/f5b6279ebc7dd180b84d38e3d0374e8bae7b7d26.jpg/600x400[/img]

8 Likes

Re: Breaking : Court Strikes Out Certificate Suit Against Buhari --- Premiumtimes by MzJackBaueress(f): 5:44pm On Apr 22, 2015
Gbawe:

Sore loser. Your life must be one big concoction of bitterness, underachievement and frustration. You are the illiterate if you cannot understand that Buhari's academic qualification was never in doubt. You are not even ashamed your President and ruling Party behaved like a gang of scammers just to retain power they don't deserve. If you don't like the new President and government then feel free to move to Xenophobia-ravaged areas of South Africa. Undemocratic nuisance.

Ntoor
[img]http://cdn.mg.co.za/crop/content/images/2014/12/11/f5b6279ebc7dd180b84d38e3d0374e8bae7b7d26.jpg/600x400[/img]
Lol at Obasanjo's picture. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Breaking : Court Strikes Out Certificate Suit Against Buhari --- Premiumtimes by Mogidi: 5:49pm On Apr 22, 2015
Gbawe:

Same way your life was a concoction of spite and hate for the couple of years PDP was in power.
Suggesting I relocate to a different country because we have an ignominious president who'd likely be booed outta office like his last attempt, is silly.
The only time I would consider emigrating would be when your region becomes self sufficient in cocoa production and no longer depends on my region for its needs.
Bring it on Pa Gbawe, let me expose your craftily patented persona of liberalism when in fact you're nothing but a bigot parading as progressive.
Am glad you threw out decorum to behave like the keyboard warrior you are, seems you've become one of the latest unfortunate victim of the mystery illness currently ravaging your region.

1 Like

Re: Breaking : Court Strikes Out Certificate Suit Against Buhari --- Premiumtimes by mcquin(m): 6:02pm On Apr 22, 2015
Mogidi:

Same way your life was a concoction of spite and hate for the couple of years PDP was in power.
Suggesting I relocate to a different country because we have an ignominious president who'd likely be booed outta office like his last attempt, is a no-brainer.
The only time I would consider emigrating would be when your region becomes self sufficient in cocoa production and no longer depends on my region for its needs.
Bring it on Pa Gbawe, let me expose your craftily patented persona of liberalism when in fact you're nothing but a bigot parading as a progressive.
Am glad you threw out decorum to behave like the keyboard warrior you are, seems you've become one of the latest unfortunate victim of the mystery illness currently ravaging your region.

Dude quit wailing and just go home!

2 Likes

Re: Breaking : Court Strikes Out Certificate Suit Against Buhari --- Premiumtimes by Gbawe: 7:56pm On Apr 22, 2015
Mogidi:

Suggesting I relocate to a different country because we have an ignominious president who'd likely be booed outta office like his last attempt, is silly.
Bring it on Pa Gbawe, let me expose your craftily patented persona of liberalism when in fact you're nothing but a bigot parading as progressive.

Shut up you effing loser. Do you know how undemocratically annoying , ignorant and vacuously arrogant your statement below sounds:

Nigerians, with many far better-read and more intelligent than you are, are now illiterates because they rejected 5 years of misrule? Whatever happened to accepting the will of the majority? Do you not know that this is the first thing that attests to the fact that you are indeed educated and not the illiterate you claim others are? A good and robust education will have instilled in you the meaning of democracy that has shaped the political evolution of man over the past decades. ultimately, you guys supporters are really bitter losers and enemies of Nigeria's progress more than you are anything else.

This is why I am glad the Nairaland picture expose episode happen because when people like you rant arrogantly I remember you are probably some unkept, koboless, homeless, unemployed and hungry fool with a cehap phone claiming to be a mansion-owning CEO and Professor on NL. You will be forced to swallow your hate when "illiterate" Buhari and the APC begin to show inspired leadership GEJ, with his 419 PDP, could never deliver if given 200 years in charge of Nigeria. Hateful mumu.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking : Court Strikes Out Certificate Suit Against Buhari --- Premiumtimes by Gbawe: 8:10pm On Apr 22, 2015
Mogidi:

As for this here, I put it down to your 'illiteracy' and rank ignorance. Ondo is part of the SW and produces 12% of the total oil and gas output of Nigeria. Furthermore, olodo, you think it is oil from your region that has made the SW the fastest growing and number one regional economy in Nigeria and the region best placed to have one of the fastest growing economy in the world if it were an independent nation? You guys are amusing. Even when you turn 70, and with ten PHD's, you will still be regurgitating the lies they fed you in your village square as a boy rather than rising above sentiment to truly educate yourself so you can know and face reality as others see and deal with it .

The word ignoramus should officially be replaced by 'Mogidi' in the English language. Ignorant mumu, look at the report below to see it is not the SW you should be contriving your silly we "own oil and feed you" garbage against. We already have oil and much more that makes us best placed to be a thriving nation if on our own. You guys need to up your educational game because you are all so dull, villager-like and so 'yesterday' in thinking. What is the future of your region with lazy and ignorant mind like your speaking and probably making decisions for it?

http://www.gamji.com/article6000/NEWS7879.htm

Nigeria: One Country Four Economies Discussion Points
By
Falalu Bello, OFR

v I have been invited to contextually put Northern Nigeria amongst other regions in Nigeria and could easily have compared Northern economy and its Southern Counterpart. I have chosen not to go this route because, I want us all to see that geography, history and the Obasanjo administration and its reform agenda have created four (4) fairly distinct economies in Nigerian. We as Northerners need to appreciate where our economy currently stands amongst other economies in Nigeria so as to appreciate the kind of race we have to run if we are to remain relevant in Nigeria.

v On the basis of ownership and/or control of resources that make for economic development, post-Obasanjo Nigeria in terms of strength could easily be categorized into 4 economies as follows:

a) South West Economy;

b) South East plus Delta Economy;

c) Northern Economy; and

d) South South minus Delta Economy

v The four economies mentioned above are fairly distinct with each growing at its own pace. The South Western economy is growing at a faster rate than all followed by South East plus Delta economy whilst those of the North and South South minus Delta could at best be described as stagnant. A simple analysis of these four economies is given below:-

a) South West Economy

South Western Nigeria with a Land Mass of 76,852 square kilometres and population of 25.2 million today owns and/or control 60% of the nation’s industrial capacity, 44% of banking assets, 67% of insurance assets and is house to the nation’s three deep sea ports of Apapa, Tin Can Island and Roro; the busiest international airport of Ikeja, three thermal stations of Egbin, Papalanto and Omotosho. Today, its three major industrial estates of Agbara, Ikeja and Otta are all linked to gas under the West African gas pipeline plan and piping of gas is ongoing from Otta to Abeokuta. Added to these, the South Western population today is the most educated as western education came through there and education as a resource was democratized since the early sixties. [size=14pt]Geographical location, democratization of western education, availability of resources enhanced in last 9 years and some empowerment during the Obasanjo administration have collectively enabled the South Western economy to rank as first of the four economies in Nigeria. Today, the South West as a region can boast of having a defined growing middle class and is perceived to have at least 20,000 of its indigenes with net worth of over N100m each. Take it out of Nigeria, the South West economy with is defined growing middle class and resources, will be one of the fastest growing economies in the world.

[/size]
b) The South-East plus Delta

The South Easterners plus their cousins across the Onitsha bridge control commerce in all parts of Nigeria and are thus largely employed. The region has clusters of small scale industries around Nnewi and Aba. The banking consolidation has assisted these people to now have ownership and or control of over 50% of Nigerian banking assets. It also controls 21% of the nation’s insurance assets and 20% of industrial assets. With this development, this region which has not had a commanding control over Nigerian economy will certainly begin to do that now. Commercial activities backed by finance can only grow the economy of South-East plus Delta. The growing strength of financial muscle of this region has been aptly demonstrated by the recent licensing of Micro Finance Banks. Of the over 600 MFBs recently licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Anambra State alone had 74 whilst Yobe State had 1, Sokoto 5, Zamfara 6, etc. There exists also in this economy a middle class which will now grow itself in number and financial muscle and will almost certainly grow its economy inclusive particularly of small and medium sized industrial base.

c) The Northern Economy

The North which geographically is 719,435 Square Kilometers or 79% of Nigeria’s landmass and has 75 million or 53.6% of Nigeria’s population has its economy as a consequence of various reforms introduced, been totally grounded. Today, the North has ownership and/or control of no more than 3% of banking assets and 2% of insurance assets and 10% of industrial assets. True, the North has a huge landmass but this has remained under exploited due to jettisoning of time tested policies of price support (as a result of abolishing of marketing boards without putting alternatives) and abandonment of extension services and quality control. Also, the North has a huge population but the population has remained largely uneducated and/or half educated because of near failure of governance in certain States and Local Governments. Currently its most distinguishing characteristic is grinding poverty. Recent poverty statistics indicate that the poverty level of States in the North has been on the increase in the last 9 years and reached over 80%. Its two commercial and industrial nerve centers (Kano and Kaduna) have seen industrial capacity utilization decline to an all time low of less than 10%. The textile, automobile and beverages companies that thrived so impressively in the 1970s and 1980s have collapsed rendering thousands jobless. Although hydroelectricity is generated at Kainji Dam and in lesser quantities at Shiroro Gorge and at several smaller sites, the entire mechanisms are run on very obsolete equipment and the performance is consequently very epileptic and unsuitable for meaningful economic activity.

d) The South South minus Delta

The South South is largely in the creeks of Niger Delta and has therefore a small land mass of only 48,321 square kilometers and is populated by 13.6 Million people. Notwithstanding the fact that it is house to Nigerian Oil wealth, this region exclusive of oil company activities like the North is also backward economically. It controls no more than 3% of banking assets, 10% of insurance assets and no more than 10% of industrial assets on account of oil related industries that the indigenes do not control. Furthermore, its overstretched land mass has suffered considerable degradation and its aquatic life destroyed. As a region, its people and economy are worst off than the North as it lacks fresh environment, water and even good air to breath.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking : Court Strikes Out Certificate Suit Against Buhari --- Premiumtimes by MzJackBaueress(f): 8:24pm On Apr 22, 2015
Sore losers like barcanista and Mogidi should quit whinning. Sensible TANoids have moved on while their lives.
Why are they disturbing Nairaland with their lamentations,eh?

1 Like

Re: Breaking : Court Strikes Out Certificate Suit Against Buhari --- Premiumtimes by vedd: 8:37pm On Apr 22, 2015
@Gbawe, the noisy chestbeaters will soon come here and claim that the S/W economy was built and powered by the ibos.
Mind you, that Mogidi boy is from Edo state.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking : Court Strikes Out Certificate Suit Against Buhari --- Premiumtimes by bakila: 8:49pm On Apr 22, 2015
I said it. That on the hearing date you will not see them. Like their ait documentary this one also fell like a pack of weightless cookies.

1 Like

Re: Breaking : Court Strikes Out Certificate Suit Against Buhari --- Premiumtimes by Gbawe: 10:55pm On Apr 22, 2015
vedd:
@Gbawe, the noisy chestbeaters will soon come here and claim that the S/W economy was built and powered by the ibos.
Mind you, that Mogidi boy is from Edo state.

Bruv, I don't care where the loser is from. Bottom line is that he should cure himself of the ignorance he displays here day in and day out. Dude is simply too 'dense' and village-centric to be posting here ignorantly.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Photo:indonesian Firing Squad Head To Prison Island Where 9 Men Will Be Executed / Heavy Army Security Waiting To Arrest The Purpose Drug Baron Kashimao / The Real History Of Malcolm X. No Reinvention. Lol.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.