Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,575 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (300) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (804070 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by HEADYWORLD: 7:11am On Mar 25, 2023
hotboss:

Yes. It was a refusal for my wife. But that of my daughter (vv) is still there.

*Reasons*

You do not qualify under the IMP as you provided insufficient information to demonstrate
that your spouse is actively engaged in full-time studies in Canada. Refused under R205(c)(ii).

Raise reconsideration through webform

Send all your evidence of studentship and a letter for reconsideration
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by PrinceAdeAde: 9:31am On Mar 25, 2023
hotboss:

Yes. It was a refusal for my wife. But that of my daughter (vv) is still there.

*Reasons*

You do not qualify under the IMP as you provided insufficient information to demonstrate
that your spouse is actively engaged in full-time studies in Canada. Refused under R205(c)(ii).

Keyword here is insufficient information and actively engaged so they are not just looking that your spouse has a study permit but need proof she is schooling at the designated DLI and also is still studying.

Its a tricky one to address however some evidence to use her include letter of enrolment, student ID card,term results etc or any other school documents which shows recent activity of your spouse in his/her course.not sure why they put such burden on applicant as if in doubt they can easily verify this through the regular school submissions for international students or just make a request to the school
Above also aludes you provided some information but they deem it insufficient which is weird and can be subjective as I cant recall seeing any specific gudiance on such accepted evidence. What proof did u submit?

Also the house especially those with successful applications can share what they provided as proof of continued studies for their spouses within thier sowp so we can learn
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Oje007(m): 9:36am On Mar 25, 2023
Hi guys, my wife got this response from MP this morning. Yesterday, I got a correspondence letter. I’m confused as I don’t know if this is a soft landing on getting a Passport Request. Please, at what time does it take to get a P Request after a correspondence letter? Help pls as I need clarification.

Submitted (SWOP) application - Sept 28
Medicals Passed - Jan 18
Correspondence Letter - March 24

Still hopeful

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by PrinceAdeAde: 10:08am On Mar 25, 2023
Oje007:
Hi guys, my wife got this response from MP this morning. Yesterday, I got a correspondence letter. I’m confused as I don’t know if this is a soft landing on getting a Passport Request. Please, at what time does it take to get a P Request after a correspondence letter? Help pls as I need clarification.

Submitted (SWOP) application - Sept 28
Medicals Passed - Jan 18
Correspondence Letter - March 24

Still hopeful

Am not sure this says anything other than your application is receiving priority. Though the extra verification required part is dicey.Hope you provided sufficient evidence for your spouse and entire application. Note that sufficient evidence is quite subjective when it comes to IRCC as ot depends on perception of case officer

One more thing,when did ur wife contact MP as if it was long ago then your BVL yesterday suggests things have progressed beyond the update u shared
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Restricted: 10:48am On Mar 25, 2023
Last term unofficial transcript showing her grades, Current term enrollment letter, Student ID card, i have the login to her portal so i downloaded her class schedule for the current term and added that also.

PrinceAdeAde:

Keyword here is insufficient information and actively engaged so they are not just looking that your spouse has a study permit but need proof she is schooling at the designated DLI and also is still studying.

Its a tricky one to address however some evidence to use her include letter of enrolment, student ID card,term results etc or any other school documents which shows recent activity of your spouse in his/her course.not sure why they put such burden on applicant as if in doubt they can easily verify this through the regular school submissions for international students or just make a request to the school
Above also aludes you provided some information but they deem it insufficient which is weird and can be subjective as I cant recall seeing any specific gudiance on such accepted evidence. What proof did u submit?

Also the house especially those with successful applications can share what they provided as proof of continued studies for their spouses within thier sowp so we can learn
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by PrinceAdeAde: 11:20am On Mar 25, 2023
Restricted:

Last term unofficial transcript showing her grades, Current term enrollment letter, Student ID card, i have the login to her portal so i downloaded her class schedule for the current term and added that also.

Wow.that should be sufficient evidence for anyone abeg.I submitted just enrollment letter and term results for my sons study permit which was approved.
I also added her study permit which is proof of valid status in canada as well as marriage certificate and pics as proof of relationship

Submitted exactly same thing for mine and hopeful for approval.I am not sure what more is required

This may just be a case of oversabi officer wey dey do gra gra

Did random search online for sowp document checklist for international student spouses and git below guidance from schools in canada. They all seem to suggest enrollment letter,proof of relatio ship and proof of legal status in canada as extra supporting documentation and nothing more

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://students.ubc.ca/career/career-resources/working-canada/work-permit-spouse-or-partner/apply-spousepartner-work-permit-within-canada&ved=2ahUKEwjCtJjL7vb9AhUni_0HHct6AhoQFnoECCEQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1xgbvZ3UNQueoX8mwBcXlo

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://students.ubc.ca/career/career-resources/working-canada/work-permit-spouse-or-partner/apply-spousepartner-work-permit-within-canada&ved=2ahUKEwjCtJjL7vb9AhUni_0HHct6AhoQFnoECCEQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1xgbvZ3UNQueoX8mwBcXlo

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.columbiacollege.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/OWP-Spouse-Handout.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjCtJjL7vb9AhUni_0HHct6AhoQFnoECCgQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0wqgxE23sBkDX7S4myEbFG

https://www.google.com/search?q=sowp+document+checklist+for+international+student+spouse&client=ms-android-samsung-ga-rev1&sxsrf=APwXEdfHPti_I9m5leKY_1pmbK1wg3K_Ww%3A1679740735391&ei=P88eZIKtF7SJ9u8Pj5evwA4&oq=sowp+document+checklist+for+international+student+spouse&gs_lcp=ChNtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1zZXJwEAMyBQghEKABOgoIABBHENYEELADOgQIIxAnOgcIIxCwAhAnOgcIIRCgARAKSgQIQRgAUKs0WNJBYO9HaAJwAHgAgAGoAogBlw-SAQMyLTiYAQCgAQHIAQjAAQE&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Oje007(m): 12:13pm On Mar 25, 2023
PrinceAdeAde:

Am not sure this says anything other than your application is receiving priority. Though the extra verification required part is dicey.Hope you provided sufficient evidence for your spouse and entire application. Note that sufficient evidence is quite subjective when it comes to IRCC as ot depends on perception of case officer

One more thing,when did ur wife contact MP as if it was long ago then your BVL yesterday suggests things have progressed beyond the update u shared

We contacted two MPs. We have been contacting a particular one since but he didn’t respond until this morning after sending two emails in 2months. The second MP we mailed assured us of responding in two weeks time after filling an authorization form.

Yes, we submitted enough evidence. We are hopeful. The waiting is something else.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Oyalfares: 1:10pm On Mar 25, 2023
ObinnaAugustine:
Good evening all.

I received Passport request from IRCC today!

Please Can I submit my international passport in-person at VFS office at Abuja Since I did my biometric at Abuja.

A friend of mine said VFS are no longer accepting passports physically. Only accepting mailed passports( through DHL or others)…Please how true is this

Thank you
VHS Abuja office accept physically. Between 8am to 10am Monday to Friday
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Utong: 6:14pm On Mar 25, 2023
Oje007:

Please how do I contact MP in Ontario for them to help me with my family application.

We contacted two MPs. We have been contacting a particular one since but he didn’t respond until this morning after sending two emails in 2months. The second MP we mailed assured us of responding in two weeks time after filling an authorization form.

Yes, we submitted enough evidence. We are hopeful. The waiting is something else.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Oje007(m): 7:23pm On Mar 25, 2023
[quote author=Utong post=122056798][/quote]

Ours is Vancouver. You can google it.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cuppycak3: 9:46pm On Mar 25, 2023
You applied while your wife is still in Nigeria?
Meaning you didn’t add study permit and enrollment letter? Please I need tip cuz am thinking of applying for my partner too from Nigeria and I’m hearing I have to add my study permit they will give me at POE and enrollment letter which I don’t have yet

lawfree638:
Finally, PPR for SOWP

All glory to God.

Application Date: 13 Oct 2022
Upfront Medical Done: 7 Nov 2022
Medical Passed: 14 Nov 2022
Eligibility Started: 28 Feb 2023
BVL: 13/03/2023
PPR: 13/03/2023

The wait and uncertainty can be depressing and frustrating.

I remember someone here yesterday stated don’t bombard them with emails when I asked for IRCC email address to compare with what I have. I was so vexed this morning cos my life is almost on hold. My wife is travelling this weekend to Canada, and I wasn’t happy likewise her!
I angrily emailed various offices, knowing my application was in Kenya! I sent to Dakar, Ghana, Lagos, Abuja, London, Mexico, Qatar and more. I knew it was wrong, but I didn’t care at this point! The goal is I needed a response after sending emails to Kenya at reasonable intervals but no point.

London emailed me that my application is not with them (of course, I know). They said I should go to the general web form (they sent a link), and they will instruct someone to pick it up if I do it now with my application number. I don’t know if they did anything, but I got PPR a few hours later.

The bottom line is I sincerely thank God, and the emails I sent were pleading and angry in some parts.

It will end in praise for everyone.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by hotboss: 6:37am On Mar 27, 2023
HEADYWORLD:

Raise reconsideration through webform

Send all your evidence of studentship and a letter for reconsideration

After starting classes, I had an emergency in naija. So I deffered for a year and left to naija. I submitted my admission letter and attached my student profile page that shows Fall 23. My previous enrolment letter too. Tuition receipt for 1yr. And I explained the situation extensively on the SOP.

The school does not issue new admission letter.

If I should do reconsideration, I think I would have to add a new document. Maybe a letter from school confirming the deferral . What do you think.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by HEADYWORLD: 12:42pm On Mar 27, 2023
hotboss:

After starting classes, I had an emergency in naija. So I deffered for a year and left to naija. I submitted my admission letter and attached my student profile page that shows Fall 23. My previous enrolment letter too. Tuition receipt for 1yr. And I explained the situation extensively on the SOP.

The school does not issue new admission letter.

If I should do reconsideration, I think I would have to add a new document. Maybe a letter from school confirming the deferral . What do you think.

That should do
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by hotboss: 3:14pm On Mar 27, 2023
HEADYWORLD:

That should do

Thanks so much. I'll try to do that .
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 10:18pm On Mar 28, 2023
@Makano, Skull4eva, lizzygirl, estake, survivex, technix, DrAFOguns, jimogh111, Shommyface, SweetJJ, drokiri, et al,

I have a question w.r.t. passport validity.

1. If a passport is to expire in November this year, and you applied this month, what are the pros and cons of the status of the passport?

2. Is it better to start the renewal of the passport that will expire in November or allow the visa to come out before the renewal of the passport?

3. Must a passport have more than six-month validity before a visa is issued on the passport?

please, if you have an idea, kindly give flesh to the above concerns.

Thanks, in anticipation.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by technix: 10:30am On Mar 29, 2023
3. Not necessarily, except for express entry.

In summary, you can start the renewal process immediately. You can use the current passport for the application, and submit both the current and the new passports when IRCC is about to approve your visa (they will request for your passport to be sent). Then, the length of validity of your visa will be based on the new passport.

If your visa is approved before the new passport comes out, then your visa will expire in November. In this case, you can travel with both passports and extend your visa in Canada.

OkukuOne:
@Makano, Skull4eva, lizzygirl, estake, survivex, technix, DrAFOguns, jimogh111, Shommyface, SweetJJ, drokiri, et al,

1. If a passport is to expire in November this year, and you applied this month, what are the pros and cons of the status of the passport?

2. Is it better to start the renewal of the passport that will expire in November or allow the visa to come out before the renewal of the passport?

3. Must a passport have more than six-month validity before a visa is issued on the passport?

Thanks, in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 7:58pm On Mar 29, 2023
Thanks, technix. Well appreciated

We have already submitted the application. I will commence the renewal asap.

technix:
3. Not necessarily, except for express entry.

In summary, you can start the renewal process immediately. You can use the current passport for the application, and submit both the current and the new passports when IRCC is about to approve your visa (they will request for your passport to be sent). Then, the length of validity of your visa will be based on the new passport.

If your visa is approved before the new passport comes out, then your visa will expire in November. In this case, you can travel with both passports and extend your visa in Canada.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by tracy0803409: 12:56am On Mar 30, 2023
Hello house, please what does this mean, from IRCC?

They requested for Medicals, it was done and submitted
They sent a message, saying Medicals passed, relieved 2 correspondence letter, but no Passport request yet

What am we to do next?
Is it done that way?

Please answers family
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by survivex: 1:44am On Mar 30, 2023
1. This is question has a lot of scenarios; however, the valid question will be: If you apply today, how long will your application take? The longer it takes the closer your passport is to expiration. So this depends on many variable.

2. Start a renewal and apply with the current. If the new one comes out before you get PPR, upload it as a webform and inform IRCC. Otherwise, follow the suggestion of others.

3. This is a general rule, passport must have at least 6 months and above validity when applying for any visa.

Cheers

OkukuOne:

Thanks, in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by HEADYWORLD: 6:54am On Mar 30, 2023
tracy0803409:
Hello house, please what does this mean, from IRCC?

They requested for Medicals, it was done and submitted
They sent a message, saying Medicals passed, relieved 2 correspondence letter, but no Passport request yet

What am we to do next?
Is it done that way?

Please answers family

What’s the details of the of correspondence letter? If it’s biometrics validity letter, it means they have made decision on your application. You raise a webform or send a mail to them
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 8:54am On Mar 30, 2023
Thanks, survivex. Well understood, and advice is taken.

survivex:
1. This question has a lot of scenarios; however, the valid question will be: If you apply today, how long will your application take? The longer it takes the closer your passport is to expiration. So this depends on many variable.

2. Start a renewal and apply with the current. If the new one comes out before you get PPR, upload it as a webform and inform IRCC. Otherwise, follow the suggestion of others.

3. This is a general rule, passport must have at least 6 months and above validity when applying for any visa.

Cheers

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by zeb04(f): 10:44pm On Mar 30, 2023
Elders in the house please I need some answers.

I am about to apply for my work permit, is it necessary that I submit my payslip and reference letter from my current place of work?

For the past 3 months, I have not been working in my field (IVF) and that is because I just relocated from Lagos to Abuja. I have been working as a teacher in a British school and didn't really bother to struggle for a job in my field since I knew, I would be living the country anyways.

Now I am scarred of my work permit being rejected if I present a reference letter of a teacher.

Help pls......
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by PrinceAdeAde: 11:20pm On Mar 30, 2023
Has anyone used the ircc tracker https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/register before

Checked this evening and my application had both a work permit and visitor visa number in the document section. Only thing is that both didn't have an expiry date

Any ideas why
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lizzygurl: 1:02pm On Mar 31, 2023
Hello House,

Please does anyone have an idea of questions that will be asked at the point of entry for spouse open work permit. And the documents to be taking along too? Is health insurance compulsory?

Just any information that might help
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lizzygurl: 1:07pm On Mar 31, 2023
I don't think your application will be rejected because you are a teacher, and you've only taught for 3months. From what I have seen on this page, people without previous jobs gets it. You can get a letter from them if you wish, or provide a copy of your IVF employment letter and other certifications you have.

zeb04:
Elders in the house please I need some answers.

I am about to apply for my work permit, is it necessary that I submit my payslip and reference letter from my current place of work?

For the past 3 months, I have not been working in my field (IVF) and that is because I just relocated from Lagos to Abuja. I have been working as a teacher in a British school and didn't really bother to struggle for a job in my field since I knew, I would be living the country anyways.

Now I am scarred of my work permit being rejected if I present a reference letter of a teacher.

Help pls......
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by hotboss: 5:44pm On Apr 01, 2023
Hello house. I'm thinking of reapplying incase the reconsideration takes time.

I have these questions.

What is the process of reapplying.

I hv a new baby now (our situation has changed)

Do I fill new imm forms or can use the previously filled ones?

Should I upload the previous SOP or write a new one.

My Daughter's vv is still there. Just medical passed. Should I still apply for her again ?

For those applying when d SP holder is still in Nigeria, do u show POF for the SP holder too?

Please I would need a response. Thank you my people.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Gennyoma19: 6:59pm On Apr 01, 2023
PPR Alert!!!
All glory to God.

Timeline:
Applied November 30, 2022
Biometrics: December 2nd
Request for additional documents: 28th February
Medical request: 14th March
Medical done: 22nd March and updated to pass March 25th
Passport Request: 29th March, 2023. One day shy of four months 😩. Such a long wait.

I am currently pregnant and hoped to receive PPR before now so I can travel and give birth in Canada. Right now I’m so close to my due date and do not know how feasible it is to travel. Any suggestions will be appreciated. I am already stressed thinking of applying for visitor visa for my soon to arrive baby considering the overly lengthy processing times for visitor visa.

Documents submitted:
All IMM forms
International passport
Spouse Canada school documents
My educational certificates
Employment Letter and ID Card
Salary account of 1.2 million
Spouse CAC registration docs for home ties.
Letter of motivation
Pictures with my spouse, my parents and siblings
CAC document of my mother’s school for home ties

I wish everyone waiting all the best.

8 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by tracy0803409: 4:51am On Apr 02, 2023
It's PPR for my friend s full family, Please how is Passport request done,they all did their biometrics in Lagos

What documents will they submit

How will they print the consent forms, from where please

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by teamb: 3:26pm On Apr 02, 2023
tracy0803409:
It's PPR for my friend s full family, Please how is Passport request done,they all did their biometrics in Lagos

What documents will they submit

How will they print the consent forms, from where please

Thank you

Congratulations pls timeline
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by KosiSoma: 3:31pm On Apr 02, 2023
Hi guys, please I need a response
I submitted my study permit application, I applied together with my spouse.
A biometric letter have been sent, does the biometric wetter cover for me and my spouse
And do we have to do it together?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by doreesy4k(f): 8:17pm On Apr 02, 2023
Please do I need to write a letter of invitation when submitting my spouse SOWP while still in Nigeria?
I
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anitaclare: 9:23pm On Apr 02, 2023
Congratulations Genny.

Please i will love to reach you via DM for some Inquiries,
i tried sending an email but cant find your email address

Please you could
let me know how to reach you.

Thank you.

Gennyoma19:
PPR Alert!!!
All glory to God.

Timeline:
Applied November 30, 2022
Biometrics: December 2nd
Request for additional documents: 28th February
Medical request: 14th March
Medical done: 22nd March and updated to pass March 25th
Passport Request: 29th March, 2023. One day shy of four months 😩. Such a long wait.

I am currently pregnant and hoped to receive PPR before now so I can travel and give birth in Canada. Right now I’m so close to my due date and do not know how feasible it is to travel. Any suggestions will be appreciated. I am already stressed thinking of applying for visitor visa for my soon to arrive baby considering the overly lengthy processing times for visitor visa.

Documents submitted:
All IMM forms
International passport
Spouse Canada school documents
My educational certificates
Employment Letter and ID Card
Salary account of 1.2 million
Spouse CAC registration docs for home ties.
Letter of motivation
Pictures with my spouse, my parents and siblings
CAC document of my mother’s school for home ties

I wish everyone waiting all the best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: Abimbola222(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.