Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,357 members, 7,815,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (302) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (802214 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by PrinceAdeAde: 9:12pm On Apr 05, 2023
PrinceAdeAde:

Ircc no get standard way,i got my bvl as well on 24th march i.e a day after urs and on tracker, i could see that i had assigned work permit and visitor visa number though with no expiry date

Today my wife called MP to assit and they sounded non challant however this evening got PPR .my guess is they called ircc and someone completed the process

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by bellz23: 9:23pm On Apr 05, 2023
[quote author=PrinceAdeAde post=122320211][/quote]

Congratulations...my spouse has sent a mail to the MP, have also sent mails to kenya, lagos etc
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by PrinceAdeAde: 10:34pm On Apr 05, 2023
Hello All.

Pls would like urgent feedback .which of vfs lagos or abuja is faster. i had someone who dropped off and picked up in Lagos within a week though she mentioned her spouse took about two weeks

I reside in Lagos and would like to know if its better i send directly to Abuja?

Also,is 2 way courier still an option. I read a while back that two way is now only available via UPS and no more via DHL
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by kennyjoy(m): 10:56pm On Apr 05, 2023
PrinceAdeAde:
Hello All.

Pls would like urgent feedback .which of vfs lagos or abuja is faster. i had someone who dropped off and picked up in Lagos within a week though she mentioned her spouse took about two weeks

I reside in Lagos and would like to know if its better i send directly to Abuja?

Also,is 2 way courier still an option. I read a while back that two-way is now only available via UPS and no more via DHL

Send 2-ways to Abuja through UPS.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 11:00pm On Apr 05, 2023
1. Abuja is faster from the look of things. But, others may have a different postion on this.
1b. Physical drop off is quicker

2. Yes, I have also read same. I also noticed someone shared the UPS two way courier service here. you can search with UPS and you will see the guide

PrinceAdeAde:
Hello All.

Also,is 2 way courier still an option. I read a while back that two way is now only available via UPS and no more via DHL
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sheunpompey: 10:28am On Apr 06, 2023
I want to ask if SOWP is treated faster than VV. My spouse got admission into a university in Canada.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sheunpompey: 10:39am On Apr 06, 2023
Please for SOWP, what's the minimum balance required for my spouse and 2 kids both under 10 years.
I mean what's the minimum amount we need to show on my account balance and his account balance to support our application?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by hommiekr(m): 12:34pm On Apr 06, 2023
PrinceAdeAde:
Hello All.

Abuja is faster but if that's not where you did your biometrics you'll have to pay sms and transmission fees.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Emotionz: 4:25pm On Apr 06, 2023
PPR guys......

Submitted august 30th

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 6:55pm On Apr 06, 2023
Apply for SOWP. That is right thing to do!

sheunpompey:
I want to ask if SOWP is treated faster than VV. My spouse got admission into a university in Canada.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 7:02pm On Apr 06, 2023
1. First dependent which is your spouse = $5,000CAD
2. the 2 kids = $3,000CAD x 2 = $6,000CAD
3. The Student (for upkeep for a year) = $10,000CAD
4. Proof of at least 1st semester paymnt for one year course and/or proof of a year payment for 2 or more years studies.

Number 3 and 4 are not compulsory, but having them gives it better chance.

All the best!

sheunpompey:
Please for SOWP, what's the minimum balance required for my spouse and 2 kids both under 10 years.
I mean what's the minimum amount we need to show on my account balance and his account balance to support our application?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Oje007(m): 6:13am On Apr 07, 2023
Thank Goodness.

I pray that those awaiting theirs get speedy response soon. Amen

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Emotionz: 8:09am On Apr 07, 2023
Hello house, please for someone who did their biometrics in lagos and is currently in abuja how do you send your passport
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by hommiekr(m): 12:11pm On Apr 07, 2023
Emotionz:
Hello house, please for someone who did their biometrics in lagos and is currently in abuja how do you send your passport
You can send to lagos and pay only logistics fee or you send to abuja and pay transmission and sms fee plus logistics or you go and drop your passport yourself without paying the logistics fee.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Tlz4me: 7:28pm On Apr 07, 2023
Hello house, my husband is about to apply for SOWP. Do I need to write an invitation letter which he will attach to his other supporting documents? If yes, does anyone have a format to share please? I will be grateful 🙏
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by greeners222(m): 12:24am On Apr 08, 2023
Please can anybody help me. I need a police report in Nigeria and am already in Canada . How do I work this out please help me house. I need it for Inland spouse sponsorship .
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Iyin2017: 10:57am On Apr 08, 2023
PPR alert!

Our story is quite lengthy. I came to Canada as a student in January 2022, and later we attempted to apply for a visit visa for my husband and daughter. Unfortunately, our initial attempt was denied in February 2022. We then applied for a work permit and visit visa in the same month, but it was refused in July 2022. The rejection cited that my husband did not qualify for a work permit because my occupation did not fall under NOC 0, A, or B. Despite submitting all the necessary documents such as my study permit, admission letter, and school fees showing that I was a student, we were devastated by this outcome. We sought help from my MP, but it took two months to receive feedback indicating that the reason for the refusal was that we could not provide proof of our marriage, which we found to be a clear mistake.

We decided to reapply in October, and during this period, we made two additional attempts for visit visas, which were still pending. Eventually, my daughter's visa was approved in December, while my husband's visa was still pending. We persisted, and after nearly four months, his visa was approved last week. Our journey was undoubtedly challenging and exhausting, but we never gave up, and we are grateful that it all ended well. Hopefully, this will inspire someone to persevere through challenging situations.

6 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by princ3ssa: 12:07pm On Apr 08, 2023
Hi ....
Please how were you able to sort this out?
mikekhan:
Hello house,
I'm in a bit of a fix here. My introduction letter expires on the 31st of July which is same as my wife's study permit expiry. She has applied for PGWP since May. What should my next step be given this? Is there anyway to extend this ultimatum pending my wife's PGWP approval? Who can I contact to advice on next steps

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 11:45pm On Apr 08, 2023
You can reach me via email and i will respond with a contact.

greeners222:
Please can anybody help me. I need a police report in Nigeria and am already in Canada . How do I work this out please help me house. I need it for Inland spouse sponsorship .
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 11:51pm On Apr 08, 2023
1. Yes, you have to write a letter of invitation.

2. You can check the link below to see samples where you can use as a guide:

https://www.ivisa.com/canada/blog/canada-visitor-visa-invitation-letter
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GCEU_en___SA1001&sxsrf=APwXEddabTmxcRlb9I94eaz2qtKjer-DJA:1680994079119&q=Invitation+letter+for+spouse+open+work+permit&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&vet=1&biw=1163&bih=525&dpr=1.65#imgrc=4wUvH4qge0489M

Go through the links and you may find a lead therein.

All the best!

Tlz4me:
Hello house, my husband is about to apply for SOWP. Do I need to write an invitation letter which he will attach to his other supporting documents? If yes, does anyone have a format to share please? I will be grateful 🙏

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 12:02am On Apr 09, 2023
Technix:

It didn't drop that day as expected or the next day, thursday, I didn't receive it.

What can I do now?

@Makano, Skull4eva, lizzygirl, estake, survivex, DrAFOguns, jimogh111, Shommyface, SweetJJ, drokiri, et al,

Please, if you know someone or have read about someone who had similar situation, kindly advise what s/he did to get a speedy respond.

Do they work during weekends and holidays? I believe the weekend and/or Easter holiday had something to do with it.

Please, i need heads up here.

Thanks, in anticipation as you offer me one.

technix:
Congrats! It should drop soon, ideally. You can wait for 24 hours.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 12:09am On Apr 09, 2023
@Makano, Skull4eva, lizzygirl, estake, survivex, DrAFOguns, jimogh111, Shommyface, SweetJJ, drokiri, et al,

We applied as family of 4. All my kids passport request dropped on same day, but my SOWP didn't drop alongside.

This is 4 days later. Do i need to do anything?

I want all passports to be sent same time. This is also to ensure we don't spend so much on speedpost.

Please, i need all the help and assitance now. The heart is beating so fast at the moment.

Thanks in adv., i need solid responses to energize me once more.

Miracle nor de tire Jesus oooh...
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 12:17am On Apr 09, 2023
@Makano, technix, Skull4eva, lizzygirl, estake, survivex, DrAFOguns, jimogh111, Shommyface, SweetJJ, drokiri, et al,

Please whoever have the UPS breakdown on how to send passports two-ways should kindly share again or refer me to where i can find it.

Thanks, in anticipation.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by HEADYWORLD: 9:12am On Apr 09, 2023
OkukuOne:
@Makano, technix, Skull4eva, lizzygirl, estake, survivex, DrAFOguns, jimogh111, Shommyface, SweetJJ, drokiri, et al,

Please whoever have the UPS breakdown on how to send passports two-ways should kindly share again or refer me to where i can find it.

Thanks, in anticipation.

Your PPR will surely drop, you can send and raise webform, send mail to Abuja office too.

While waiting for your PPR, I will advise you send your children passport by next week before their 30 days ultimatum elapse.

Locate any UPS office closer to you and request for 2 way courier to VFS office.

To send through UPS.

You will pay for processing fees for those of your kids that don’t do biometrics about 9930 or so.

Attach the receipts to the envelope you are sending, including their passport, consent form, you can search for other required documents on VFS website

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Codedmd: 3:53pm On Apr 09, 2023
Hello gurus in the house.
Pls I need assistance on the list of required documents to be submitted for Canada open work permit, I'm a newbie here and would appreciate every assistance I can get from anyone here towards my application.

Many thanks in advance.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Codedmd: 4:09pm On Apr 09, 2023
Pls I need help ooo

Codedmd:
Pls I need assistance on the list of required documents to be submitted for Canada open work permit, I'm a newbie here and would appreciate every assistance I can get from anyone here towards my application.

Many thanks in advance.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by zeb04(f): 4:10pm On Apr 09, 2023
Hello guys please am i supporting bank statements for a close work permit. i am applying with my daughter (4 year old)
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by DolphA: 5:43pm On Apr 09, 2023
Good Afternoon Everyone,

Kindly advise me on this.

I’m submitting my SOWP soon, and I’d be using a Fixed Deposit in my name as the POF. So the plan is to submit the Fixed Deposit Certificate and Reference Letter from the Bank.

Asides that 2 document, do I still need to submit Statement of Account?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 6:26pm On Apr 09, 2023
When you start the process by answering the questionnaire correctly, all documents and forms required will be shown to you. Just start by creating your GC Key.

Go to: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

you will see: Don’t have an account? Register. Click on register. Here your journey starts.

Good luck!

Codedmd:

Many thanks in advance.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 6:30pm On Apr 09, 2023
If all POF you have is the Fixed Deposit, then, No. However, if you have other funds somewhere that you also want to add as your POF, then you have to ask for mybankstatement from the bank that have the additional funds.

Goodluck!

DolphA:
Good Afternoon Everyone,

Kindly advise me on this.

I’m submitting my SOWP soon, and I’d be using a Fixed Deposit in my name as the POF. So the plan is to submit the Fixed Deposit Certificate and Reference Letter from the Bank.

Asides that 2 document, do I still need to submit Statement of Account?

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 6:34pm On Apr 09, 2023
Close work permit or open work permit.

This group is for OWP and not close

However, if you mean OWP, then make your question explicit enough so that someone can assist you where possible.

zeb04:
Hello guys please am i supporting bank statements for a close work permit. i am applying with my daughter (4 year old)
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by DolphA: 8:04pm On Apr 09, 2023
OkukuOne:
If all POF you have is the Fixed Deposit, then, No. However, if you have other funds somewhere that you also want to add as your POF, then you have to ask for mybankstatement from the bank that have the additional funds.

Goodluck!

Thank you so much for the prompt response.

Yes, the fixed deposit is all the POF I have.

(1) (2) (3) ... (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: Toybeck(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.