Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,573 members, 7,812,859 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (384) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (800858 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by olutowo(m): 11:44pm On Apr 10
Bobomaigida:

Ah ah, wetin I do o? Please check my posts on the thread, you are mistaking me for another person.

No Vess brotherly....I accept my mistake..I will do the needful by editing it.

Hope u accept my apology?

Thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by HealthCoach1: 7:49am On Apr 11
tinuowo:
Thank you Jesus!!!🙏

Thank you all for your inputs too🙏

PPR dropped yesterday for my family after using two different agents because I didn’t have time and it led to denials.
I had to sit myself to do the application myself with the help of God and you all…🙏 am just rounding up a 2yrs program, my final level.
Date applied: November 14th 2023
PPR: January 16th 2024
Sent webform on the 14th of January at 12am Canadian time cos I know it will be around 7am-8am in Nairobi.
PS: please dont use agent for your family application there is nothing like sitting yourself to do it. You will knlw the right documents and pictures to attach.

Please what is the process submitting passport at VFS. Should we book or take the passports to the UPS at the front of VFS center?
Hello, I am in the same situation with you, I have applied and got denied twice using agents. Now I want to apply by myself. I want to apply for a family of 3, student permit, sowp and for our baby.
Please what are the documents you used and how much was in your pof?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bobomaigida: 1:53pm On Apr 11
olutowo:

No Vess brotherly....I accept my mistake..I will do the needful by editing it.

Hope u accept my apology?

Thank you

My Oga, I am good. Na to reach Canada everyone dey pursue. I am loyal.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bobomaigida: 1:54pm On Apr 11
HealthCoach1:

Hello, I am in the same situation with you, I have applied and got denied twice using agents. Now I want to apply by myself. I want to apply for a family of 3, student permit, sowp and for our baby.
Please what are the documents you used and how much was in your pof?

Sorry about the refusal.

Please have you requested for GCMS notes for the refused applications? That will help tackle the actual reasons for refusal. If you have, you can share here so that the house can advise you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by HealthCoach1: 8:14pm On Apr 11
Bobomaigida:

Sorry about the refusal.

Please have you requested for GCMS notes for the refused applications? That will help tackle the actual reasons for refusal. If you have, you can share here so that the house can advise you.
Yes, I have requested.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jeboy(m): 8:18pm On Apr 11
You only need supervisors for Research Work (MSc or PhD) not Course based Masters or MBA.

I am currently applying for my wife in two Canada unis one year Masters Course. It's d reasin we didn't opt for Research based so u re talking to a learned person. I don't patronized agents too. I am a promoter of DO It Yourself (DIY).

Anyone that wants to apply for Masters pls do but make sure its course based and ensure you meet all the requirements stated for the Masters course based and back it up with a good Letter of Motivation. Don't let anyone tell you it's imposdible cos its no rocket science. IOyinbos are more transparent than us. t's only Research based Masters that are difficult because of the supervisor requirements. MBA, Masters Course you can get it.

olutowo:

You see why I don't want to talk about this admission and sowp with u and the other guy because u guys are nairaland immigration officers and not ircc licensed immigration officers which dont just interpret laws on the peripheral....i have done my home work on the sowp and na me know where shoe day pinch me.....and this will be the last time I will EVER respond to your opinion...kus it's your opinion and u are entitled to it.

We are talking about admission u are talking about PAL, sebi na person way get admission go request for PAL...u think agent fit help person apply for masters...do u know the process of gaining admission for masters program U think u can apply for most masters program in universities without getting a supervisor first?? When I said I have come across masters students in universities, especially western university, u think i am talking by speculations and which i believe it might be applicable to all......like I said, anywhere I come across ur opinion, I will just waka pass....as for me CASE CLOSED....
I will just be reading and enjoying the page.
Note: If everything work as planned for me, I will never come here and throw a Jab at anyone..

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bobomaigida: 5:59pm On Apr 12
HealthCoach1:

Yes, I have requested.

This is a bit clear and easy to tackle

Issues with the application
1. The funds in your spouse's account was not enough to cover for Tuition, Living expenses and flight costs.
2. You did not provide statement of account from your parent to show their own funds that they claimed will be used in the affidavit.

Suggested way forward
1. Increase the POF in your spouse's account and where there are lump sums, please explain them with documentary proofs. Also add documents to prove his sources of income.
2. If you are still adding your parent as sponsors, please get their statement of account and show documents that proves their sources of income.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ethanuella: 8:01pm On Apr 12
Hello everyone, I am a bit worried.

I am a masters degree student. I applied for sowp for my spouse and sp and vv for my kids using spouses’ account. On the 24th of march, eligibility review started and I received a message to provide my own pof, and was given 7 days to provide it. I was told that the sowp application will be placed on hold till I provide it. I uploaded the required document on the 26th of March.

Pls note that I provided bank statements of spouse containing more than required Pof, but mine was requested alongside.

Ever since I uploaded the doc requested, it’s stuck at “we are currently reviewing your eligibility “, and the section for the additional document reads “the documents requested have been uploaded”

It’s beginning to look like my family application is still on hold, as they have not started reviewing the additional document. It’s been 2 weeks since I uploaded it. I have also sent countless web forms and emails to no avail.

Should I really be worried? Medicals completed already, and this eligibility stage is the only incomplete evaluation. It’s been 2.5 weeks since the eligibility review started
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by HealthCoach1: 8:33pm On Apr 12
Bobomaigida:

This is a bit clear and easy to tackle

Issues with the application
1. The funds in your spouse's account was not enough to cover for Tuition, Living expenses and flight costs.
2. You did not provide statement of account from your parent to show their own funds that they claimed will be used in the affidavit.

Suggested way forward
1. Increase the POF in your spouse's account and where there are lump sums, please explain them with documentary proofs. Also add documents to prove his sources of income.
2. If you are still adding your parent as sponsors, please get their statement of account and show documents that proves their sources of income.
Thank you. I appreciate. What can I use as the source of income. My spouse is working and also into business but the income is not sufficient for what we need.
What can we use as source of income?
Can I use my spouse who is accompanying me as sponsor?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bobomaigida: 9:04pm On Apr 12
Ethanuella:
Hello everyone, I am a bit worried.

I am a masters degree student. I applied for sowp for my spouse and sp and vv for my kids using spouses’ account. On the 24th of march, eligibility review started and I received a message to provide my own pof, and was given 7 days to provide it. I was told that the sowp application will be placed on hold till I provide it. I uploaded the required document on the 26th of March.

Pls note that I provided bank statements of spouse containing more than required Pof, but mine was requested alongside.

Ever since I uploaded the doc requested, it’s stuck at “we are currently reviewing your eligibility “, and the section for the additional document reads “the documents requested have been uploaded”

It’s beginning to look like my family application is still on hold, as they have not started reviewing the additional document. It’s been 2 weeks since I uploaded it. I have also sent countless web forms and emails to no avail.

Should I really be worried? Medicals completed already, and this eligibility stage is the only incomplete evaluation. It’s been 2.5 weeks since the eligibility review started

I think you should relax, they will issue decisions on all pending applications same day, I suspect the VO has not returned to the application to finalize it bearing in mind that he/she has done the major part on the application. SO just be hopeful. It will end in good news.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bobomaigida: 9:07pm On Apr 12
HealthCoach1:

Thank you. I appreciate. What can I use as the source of income. My spouse is working and also into business but the income is not sufficient for what we need.
What can we use as source of income?
Can I use my spouse who is accompanying me as sponsor?

If the income from his work and business is not big, then it will be a challenge using him as your sponsor. How was the POF raised? Was is a lump sum deposit?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ethanuella: 9:50pm On Apr 12
Bobomaigida:

I think you should relax, they will issue decisions on all pending applications same day, I suspect the VO has not returned to the application to finalize it bearing in mind that he/she has done the major part on the application. SO just be hopeful. It will end in good news.

Amen, I pray so.
Thank you very much
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by MarcMax: 4:29pm On Apr 17
Hello Everyone,

My wife applied for SOWP (spouse of a Masters student) on Jan 23rd with biometrics completed Feb 5. She reached out to IRCC (via email with the contacts provided on this thread) on Apr 6 and got a response from Nairobi, saying the application is still within the processing time (over 10 weeks after submission). The medical was updated on the same day.

Its 12 weeks already and the page is stuck on "application is in progress". Eligibility has not started. A webform was sent on Apr 11 but no response or feedback till date. Is it okay to keep sending webforms and emails to IRCC or we just wait?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bobomaigida: 8:43pm On Apr 17
MarcMax:
Hello Everyone,

My wife applied for SOWP (spouse of a Masters student) on Jan 23rd with biometrics completed Feb 5. She reached out to IRCC (via email with the contacts provided on this thread) on Apr 6 and got a response from Nairobi, saying the application is still within the processing time (over 10 weeks after submission). The medical was updated on the same day.

Its 12 weeks already and the page is stuck on "application is in progress". Eligibility has not started. A webform was sent on Apr 11 but no response or feedback till date. Is it okay to keep sending webforms and emails to IRCC or we just wait?

They will definitely conclude on the application, you can give like a week break. Eligibility checks would have been done in the background so final decision will drop without the status of eligibility changing.

Just hope for the best. I know the wait can be full of anxiety. Just hang in there.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by MarcMax: 12:14am On Apr 18
Bobomaigida:

They will definitely conclude on the application, you can give like a week break. Eligibility checks would have been done in the background so final decision will drop without the status of eligibility changing.

Just hope for the best. I know the wait can be full of anxiety. Just hang in there.

Thanks a lot Bobomaigida. PPR just dropped.
Timeline for everyone seeking encouragement
Student Application - June 19, 2023
Student Biometrics - July 4, 2023
Student PPR - July 13, 2023
Married - Oct 14, 2023
Student Arrived Canada - Dec 27, 2023
Spouse Application - Jan 23, 2024
Spouse Biometrics - Feb 5, 2024
Spouse Medical (updated after email) - Apr 6, 2024
Spouse PPR - Apr 17, 2024

Good luck and God bless you all.

5 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jeboy(m): 7:26am On Apr 18
Congrats at least we got one here today.

PPR is now scarce here because of IRCC discontinuation of SOWP for College students spouse. I refuse to give up, my PPR cometh soon.

I encourage everyone here not to give up on there goals. Talk to someone if you need help. A closed mouth is a closed destiny.

MarcMax:

Married - Oct 14, 2023

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by nnemak(m): 8:52am On Apr 18
Congratulations
MarcMax:

Married - Oct 14, 2023

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 4:03pm On Apr 18
Congratulations, mine is around the corner i submitted on 14th of February

quote author=MarcMax post=129496829]

Married - Oct 14, 2023

Good luck and God bless you all.[/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bobomaigida: 4:19pm On Apr 18
MarcMax:

Married - Oct 14, 2023

Congratulations, may Canada favour you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Mikkky2804: 9:42am On Apr 21
Good morning. Please do I need yellow fever vaccination card to travel to Canada from Nigeria. Also what documents apart from my passport and letter of introduction and COVID vaccine card should I take to the airport.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Asekzz: 12:26pm On Apr 21
You don’t need yellow fever….
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Mikkky2804: 12:58pm On Apr 21
Asekzz:
You don’t need yellow fever….

Thank you very much. What documents should I take to the airport and what vaccination should I show
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ogbigog: 5:46pm On Apr 21
You don’t need to show any vaccination card. Just have your passport, port of entry letter and visa decision letter.
Mikkky2804:

Thank you very much. What documents should I take to the airport and what vaccination should I show
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Mikkky2804: 8:15pm On Apr 21
Ogbigog:
You don’t need to show any vaccination card. Just have your passport, port of entry letter and visa decision letter.

Okay, thank you so much
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by abbey1986(m): 1:05pm On Apr 22
MarcMax:

Married - Oct 14, 2023

Congratulations brother…have you dropped your passport ? And please do anyone know how long before they update the visa details on the tracker.. submitted last Tuesday 17th and only son visit visa have been approved. Sowp and don study permit still pending
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bobomaigida: 9:24pm On Apr 24
Just to encourage those of us still expecting.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Sommysommy062: 2:28am On Apr 25
@bobomaigida, please how and when did you
Apply for the gcms notes, how long did it take, has IRCC answered you yet, I applied a day after you which was on the 3rd of February.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Sommysommy062: 2:31am On Apr 25
Please is there anyone who applied for February 2024, and has gotten his/her PPR for outland SOWP?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jeboy(m): 9:37pm On Apr 25
Has anyone whose student spouse finished from college recently (Winter term transcripts are out) and the spouse applies for PGWP (which of course will take a short time) and they have been able to apply for SOWP?

I hope we are able to see at least one person in the coming months to confirm the route of SOWP via college PGWP.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by MarcMax: 1:32am On Apr 26
I missed this earlier. The passport was sent on Friday, 19th Apr from PH. We received it today with the counterfoil.

abbey1986:

Congratulations brother…have you dropped your passport ? And please do anyone know how long before they update the visa details on the tracker.. submitted last Tuesday 17th and only son visit visa have been approved. Sowp and don study permit still pending
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by abousanogo83: 12:49pm On Apr 26
Applied for work permit Jan 20.
Request for medicals after 3 days.
Biometrics on file already from visiting visa.
Medicals updated as passed since Feb 20.
Stuck in processing background checks.

Any advice ?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bobomaigida: 8:43pm On Apr 26
Sommysommy062:
@bobomaigida, please how and when did you
Apply for the gcms notes, how long did it take, has IRCC answered you yet, I applied a day after you which was on the 3rd of February.

The notes were applied for March 21st and Received April 22nd. The notes shows the app was approved. The application was submitted Dec 16th 2023 and approved Feb 28th 2024.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.