Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,468 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (381) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (799825 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Batakukuooa: 9:13pm On Mar 25
LholarB:
It’s SOWP for my spouse, SP and VV for my kids !!

I was so scared after the announcement that I had to quickly do an email to RROC on March 19th ,cos my kids medicals were passed March 9th and spouse medicals passed March 19th

Application submitted Feb 18
Biometrics Feb 19 (updated Feb 22)
Medical request for spouse March 8 (passed March 19th)
Upfront Medicals passed for kids March 9th
BVL March 21
PPR March 21

Thank you all to everyone that answered my questions and informations shared on this platform

I pray God in his infinite mercy come through for everyone in this journey !

Please your feedback will be appreciated
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by abbey1986(m): 3:19am On Mar 26
Mikkky2804:
Hi. Please I got a PPR letter on Friday. I have booked tomorrow to submit my passport in person at VFS Lagos tomorrow (March 25, 2024). If I submit the passport tomorrow, what happens next and please when am I likely to be able to travel. I would love to book a flight ahead but wouldn't want a situation where the passport is not returned yet and the flight date has come. What's the most reasonable date to book flights if I submit tomorrow at VFS Lagos. Please mine is a closed WP not SOWP, sorry I'm posting here, closed WP forum is not active. Please anyone that can help with this question 🙏

Congratulations 🇨🇦🇨🇦..Please how many weeks did your application stay and also was your medical passes before your PPR request ? Thank
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Mikkky2804: 3:46am On Mar 26
Oh okay. I've submitted mine. Thanks again.

evansky:

Via DHL
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Mikkky2804: 3:48am On Mar 26
Thanks! I applied Nov 7 2023. That's over 4 months. Yes, medicals passed exactly 2 months before my PPR request.

abbey1986:

Congratulations 🇨🇦🇨🇦..Please how many weeks did your application stay and also was your medical passes before your PPR request ? Thank

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Mikkky2804: 3:53am On Mar 26
Please I would love to ask. I would be traveling to Nova Scotia, most likely next month if I get my passport in time. How much should I hold that would be enough (rent inclusive) to sustain me for a month while I settle down in work? I would live alone so I'm cool with a 1bedroom? Also, what is the best way to have this money (as cash, or in my Nigerian USD dorm)? Please anyone that can advise on this. This is my first international experience.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Batakukuooa: 2:18pm On Mar 26
ICONEB:
Congratulations 🎉
can you please share the email address you sent you complaint too?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Batakukuooa: 2:21pm On Mar 26
LholarB:
It’s SOWP for my spouse, SP and VV for my kids !!

I was so scared after the announcement that I had to quickly do an email to RROC on March 19th ,cos my kids medicals were passed March 9th and spouse medicals passed March 19th

Application submitted Feb 18
Biometrics Feb 19 (updated Feb 22)
Medical request for spouse March 8 (passed March 19th)
Upfront Medicals passed for kids March 9th
BVL March 21
PPR March 21

Thank you all to everyone that answered my questions and informations shared on this platform

I pray God in his infinite mercy come through for everyone in this journey !

Can you please share me the email you sent your message to “RROC” Thank you. However i sent you a message too
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sunwintrav: 4:12pm On Mar 26
Please anyone traveling to Ontario Brantford, conestoga college, i want to send dry fish with dry ponmo to my wife.. due to the SWOP cancellation.

I would appreciate a response guys.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Owanhero123: 4:24pm On Mar 26
The lord as done it finally, finally finally.

SOWP for my wife and VV for my son

I re applied March 11

Passport request 25th March

My wife resides in Abuja but presently she’s in Lagos now her passport and that of our son passport. Please can she do the submission in Lagos office. Thought she did biometric in Abuja 2019 then .

Please any advise

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ICONEB: 4:39pm On Mar 26
Big congratulation brov
Owanhero123:
The lord as done it finally, finally finally.

SOWP for my wife and VV for my son

I re applied March 11

Passport request 25th March

My wife resides in Abuja but presently she’s in Lagos now her passport and that of our son passport. Please can she do the submission in Lagos office. Thought she did biometric in Abuja 2019 then .

Please any advise
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ogbigog: 11:15pm On Mar 26
ircc.in-rroc-corr-ri.ircc@cic.gc.ca

Batakukuooa:
Can you please share me the email you sent your message to “RROC” Thank you. However i sent you a message too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jeboy(m): 4:36pm On Mar 27
Oya show us the route of PGWP....it can only exist from the only three options required for SOWP...either ur spouse or CLP is a Masters student, PhD student or professional degree student (medical or law).

Aside this even if you have PGWP as a college student na oyo you dey. The route has been removed totally I guess with the stats of Int'l college student they have seen in Canada , them no want make we choke them up.

Check the attachment and see the questions you will be asked when opening applications for SOWP?

Bobomaigida:

When you graduate, you are no longer a student. If you are granted a PGWP, it means you are now working. The policy did not state that PGWP holders can not bring in family, it said student studying etc.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by DripDude: 8:05pm On Mar 27
DripDude:
I got a denial today

Reason :

You do not qualify under the IMP as you provided insufficient information to demonstrate
that your spouse is a full-time student in a qualifying program at a DLI in Canada. Refused under
R205(c)(ii)

Please for those that experienced this and reapplied, how did you go about it. My wife is enrolled in a 2-year post graduate diploma program and she is in her second year, she is also entitled to a 3-year PGWP. The shocking thing is that the SOWP was done together with a study visa extension which was approved, yet the SOWP was denied

God is indeed great!

After my refusal on the 15th of March, I was thinking of applying for reconsideration but my wife insisted we reapply immediately. So we did and we connected online throughout 16/17th midnight to reqrite the SOP and submit. It was particularly stressful for me cos I wrote IELTS on that same 16th and was really tired. Left to me I would have waited till the next week but she insisted.

Ls las we submitted early morning (Naija time) of the 17th only for the new policy to come out on the 19th.

To God be the glory

PPR came today!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ianian: 8:45pm On Mar 27
Omo!
Congratulations
DripDude:

God is indeed great!

After my refusal on the 15th of March, I was thinking of applying for reconsideration but my wife insisted we reapply immediately. So we did and we connected online throughout 16/17th midnight to reqrite the SOP and submit. It was particularly stressful for me cos I wrote IELTS on that same 16th and was really tired. Left to me I would have waited till the next week but she insisted.

Ls las we submitted early morning (Naija time) of the 17th only for the new policy to come out on the 19th.

To God be the glory

PPR came today!!!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ianian: 8:48pm On Mar 27
Omo,
I will want to extend my sowp as soon as my spouse extends hers (inside Canada application). Although, I haven't gone through the recent Q&A like you did, but I hope this recent Minister's update won't affect we that wanna extend PGWP and Sowp after we renew our passports.

Thanks in anticipation
Jeboy:
Oya show us the route of PGWP....it can only exist from the only three options required for SOWP...either ur spouse or CLP is a Masters student, PhD student or professional degree student (medical or law).

Aside this even if you have PGWP as a college student na oyo you dey. The route has been removed totally I guess with the stats of Int'l college student they have seen in Canada , them no want make we choke them up.

Check the attachment and see the questions you will be asked when opening applications for SOWP?

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bobomaigida: 9:16pm On Mar 27
Jeboy:

What you attached is for STUDENTS whose spouse's are applying for SOWP. What I am saying students who have GRADUATED and secured PGWP. These students can apply for their spouses to join them regardless of their programme of study.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jeboy(m): 9:43pm On Mar 27
Under which path?

SOWP is an International mobility program under just one stream path. You have still refused to show us how spouse of PGWP holders (especially those who graduated from college) can apply for SOWP. If you know show us and stop giving people false hope. Na Masters admission I dey look for my wife like this. A lot of College will lose patronage. I see a lot of their staffs relief cos this route was responsible for the influx of Application to colleges. Now Unis ti take over.

Bobomaigida:

What you attached is for STUDENTS whose spouse's are applying for SOWP. What I am saying students who have GRADUATED and secured PGWP. These students can apply for their spouses to join them regardless of their programme of study.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jeboy(m): 9:46pm On Mar 27
Extension renewal option for SOWP is the 3rd. Check my attachment.

ianian:
Omo,
I will want to extend my sowp as soon as my spouse extends hers (inside Canada application). Although, I haven't gone through the recent Q&A like you did, but I hope this recent Minister's update won't affect we that wanna extend PGWP and Sowp after we renew our passports.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jeboy(m): 9:51pm On Mar 27
You will apply under option 3 in the attached. You have no problem

ianian:
Omo,

Thanks in anticipation

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sunwintrav: 10:28pm On Mar 27
DripDude:

God is indeed great!

To God be the glory

PPR came today!!!

Good day boss,

How much balance did you apply with?

i am working on reconsidering my application due to insufficient funds after completing my spouse school fees

I would appreciate your response.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by olutowo(m): 9:59am On Mar 28
Jeboy:
Under which path?

SOWP is an International mobility program under just one stream path. You have still refused to show us how spouse of PGWP holders (especially those who graduated from college) can apply for SOWP. If you know show us and stop giving people false hope. Na Masters admission I dey look for my wife like this. A lot of College will lose patronage. I see a lot of their staffs relief cos this route was responsible for the influx of Application to colleges. Now Unis ti take over.

Baba learn, all you are saying is still for study permit application, the moment you apply for pgwp, it means u are now a work permit holder and not study permit holder and thus, u can apply for open work permit for your partner, that's what most of us are waiting for here after our program to bring in our families....here is the link u requested for....

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/need-permit/working-family.html
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ogbigog: 11:03am On Mar 28
You should do the learning instead. General Work permit isn’t the same as Post Graduate Work Permit, PGWP is mainly for students who attended a DLI in Canada. You can only bring your spouse in as a College graduate if you’re able to change your status to the General work permit which requires LMIA/sponsorship or you have a Permanent Residency.

PGWP is still attached to your study permit, that is why you must have a valid study permit when applying for PGWP.

Only Masters and PhD students can bring in their spouse anytime, during their study period or during their PGWP.

olutowo:

Baba learn, all you are saying is still for study permit application, the moment you apply for pgwp, it means u are now a work permit holder and not study permit holder and thus, u can apply for open work permit for your partner, that's what most of us are waiting for here after our program to bring in our families....here is the link u requested for....

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/need-permit/working-family.html
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ogbigog: 11:23am On Mar 28
There two types of work permit in Canada: Open and Closed work permit. Only international students, their spouses and spouses of foreign workers get the open work permit. And with the new rules/ban, only Masters/Phd students and their spouses get the open work permit. For every other international students, your spouse would not be eligible for SOWP except you change to a closed work permit (LMIA/sponsorship) or you simply become a PR holder.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by olutowo(m): 1:02pm On Mar 28
Ogbigog:
You should do the learning instead. General Work permit isn’t the same as Post Graduate Work Permit, PGWP is mainly for students who attended a DLI in Canada. You can only bring your spouse in as a College graduate if you’re able to change your status to the General work permit which requires LMIA/sponsorship or you have a Permanent Residency.

PGWP is still attached to your study permit, that is why you must have a valid study permit when applying for PGWP.

Only Masters and PhD students can bring in their spouse anytime, during their study period or during their PGWP.

Laff yaa kee me....see do what pleases u...
I attached the link, it's left for anyone to read through....
It will end in praise.

Do u also know that my family can come in even as an international student in college??.... my kids will even go to school, just that my spouse will not be able to work
It will end in praise..
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by olutowo(m): 1:12pm On Mar 28
Ogbigog:
There two types of work permit in Canada: Open and Closed work permit. Only international students, their spouses and spouses of foreign workers get the open work permit. And with the new rules/ban, only Masters/Phd students and their spouses get the open work permit. For every other international students, your spouse would not be eligible for SOWP except you change to a closed work permit (LMIA/sponsorship) or you simply become a PR holder.

Where una day get this information...
Do u know the meaning of 'closed' work permit....because they call it open and closed does not mean its for students or pr people....
Just like I said, na me day inside and ma me no wetin I day pursue, everyman know where shoe pinches him, case closed on this matter
please share the link...
It will end in praise
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ogbigog: 3:21pm On Mar 28
Lol na only you immigration laws Dey exempted to then after VV which other means u fit use bring them in? You people give others false hope and lead them to depression when things don’t work out.
olutowo:

Laff yaa kee me....see do what pleases u...
I attached the link, it's left for anyone to read through....
It will end in praise.

Do u also know that my family can come in even as an international student in college??.... my kids will even go to school, just that my spouse will not be able to work
It will end in praise..
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ogbigog: 3:26pm On Mar 28
Man the same screenshot you shared I shared it earlier too. All the rules IRCC is rolling out is similar to the one in the UK and you know how the migration there has reduced drastically.

You think IRCC doesn’t know families can endure 1year of study programs and bring in their spouses during PGWP if they’re eligible?

Whatever you know and you’re pursuing do that to yourself and don’t be giving people false hopes.

If you want your spouse with you in Canada simply go for yours Masters or PhD.

Goodluck!

olutowo:

Where una day get this information...
Do u know the meaning of 'closed' work permit....because they call it open and closed does not mean its for students or pr people....
Just like I said, na me day inside and ma me no wetin I day pursue, everyman know where shoe pinches him, case closed on this matter
please share the link...
It will end in praise
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bobomaigida: 4:11pm On Mar 28
olutowo:

Please no need to argue, let everyone do what pleases them.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jeboy(m): 6:39pm On Mar 28
He keeps arguing about a path with PGWP for SOWP but he is showing us a path with LMIA route instead (closed permit).

I pity people he's giving unnecessary hope. Please ignore him and let him be gropping in the dark. We have tried our best. To be ignorant is not bad but to be hesitant to learn the facts is self destructive.

Ogbigog:
Man the same screenshot you shared I shared it earlier too. All the rules IRCC is rolling out is similar to the one in the UK and you know how the migration there has reduced drastically.

You think IRCC doesn’t know families can endure 1year of study programs and bring in their spouses during PGWP if they’re eligible?

Whatever you know and you’re pursuing do that to yourself and don’t be giving people false hopes.

If you want your spouse with you in Canada simply go for yours Masters or PhD.

Goodluck!

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by olutowo(m): 7:50pm On Mar 28
Jeboy:
He keeps arguing about a path with PGWP for SOWP but he is showing us a path with LMIA route instead (closed permit).

I pity people he's giving unnecessary hope. Please ignore him and let him be gropping in the dark. We have tried our best. To be ignorant is not bad but to be hesitant to learn the facts is self destructive.

case closed

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ianian: 10:11pm On Mar 28
Thank You Chief!

It's all clear now.

Jeboy:
You will apply under option 3 in the attached. You have no problem

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jeboy(m): 10:24pm On Mar 28
You are welcomed as you have 3 options open to you.

1. To allow your spouse extend her study permit 1st and later you extend your sowp so her approval will not be delayed.

2. You can do both apply for study and sowp together but people often say it makes d study permit extension delayed

3. Let her apply and get her study extension first while you flagpole with her extension to get your own SOWP extension.

ianian:
Thank You Chief!

It's all clear now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.