Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,136 members, 7,821,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. - Culture (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. (121218 Views)

Ijaw Dialects And Where They Are Spoken / Detailed List Of Hausa Dialects And Places Spoken. / A List Of All Edo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by somegirl1: 4:20pm On Apr 24, 2015
donshaddow:

Have said I don't wanna respond to this thread again...

If I don't know would I have written or spelled it?

Just please, let's end this thread.

I'm trying to let people know that Ukwauni people are an ethnic group in Nigeria... And not sub-ethnic under any tribe.

As are all tribes that identify as Igbo or Igboid.
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by tonychristopher: 4:23pm On Apr 24, 2015
there is a girl known as babyosisi she is so intelligent I think she will do debate with you not me
donshaddow:

Thanks.... You have deep understanding and tolerance of other tribes.
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by tonychristopher: 4:33pm On Apr 24, 2015
Olaniyi means a useless thing or person that cant be useful in Igbo but in Yoruba it is a name of people. Yeye means stppid or useless thing in Pidgin but yoruba take it up as chieftaincy title

Are you the Yeye of Olofin

Lol

Bants:
Igbo in yoruba means weed...so why dont change the spelling of igbo(dialect) to ibo

2 Likes

Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by donshaddow(m): 4:34pm On Apr 24, 2015
emmysoftyou:
I ve never wanted to quote you from the start cos I ve being reading your comments but ignored some.

bro,

You re sounding/writing like a confuse being.:-x
Yes very very confused about his consanguinity ancestral authenticity..
Sorry I don't mean to insult you but your comments so far about ukwuani is laughable and uncorrelated.

Bro,stand on one side biko..

@denials
Igbos is upto 45 or 55million in population,
so we don't care about those tribes that re confuse about their ancestral lineage..
Nsogbu Adi ro..

Now you guys see why I don't wanna associate myself with some bunch of tribal bigots.

I'm a Nigeria, My tribe is Ukwuani... My language is Ukwuani.

My Language is Igboid in nature.. It contains mother 90% Igbo Dialect.

That was my first comment to Ishilove on this thread.

Now you telling me I don't know my identity or you wanna absorb my identity into yours?
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by tonychristopher: 4:35pm On Apr 24, 2015
nawa ..this is a new angle, but wait all language borrow, Igbo have elements of yoruba borrowed word that are not in igbo culture, words like Ashawo and agbero....they are borrowed

so it make igbo yoruba

did you see your logic? #

Ishilove:
Ukwuani is not exactly igboid. There are elements of Yoruba and Edo contained therein.
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by soonest(f): 4:38pm On Apr 24, 2015
tonychristopher:
how superior , thanks for your objectivity. we argue here like brothers with facts

so what part of arguement were you interested in

Bros wetin u wan hear my mouth na grin . Ask me how enlightening and i will tell you.
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by donshaddow(m): 4:44pm On Apr 24, 2015
somegirl1:

As are all tribes that identify as Igbo or Igboid.

The Igalas, itshekiris, eguns speak, Yoruboid.

Their language are yoruba related.

Does that make them yoruba?

Also Benin Republic, Togo.
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by somegirl1: 4:51pm On Apr 24, 2015
donshaddow:

The Igalas, itshekiris, eguns speak, Yoruboid.

Their language are yoruba related.

Does that make them yoruba?

Also Benin Republic, Togo.

Read the op in the yoruba dialects thread. These groups were mentioned.
I don't know enough about the degree of similarity between these groups and other groups that identify as yoruba however.

1 Like

Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by leofab(f): 4:57pm On Apr 24, 2015
Nomswag:

obiaruku
which part of obiaruku cos am from there. Umusume to be precise...
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by ChinenyeN(m): 5:01pm On Apr 24, 2015
Radoillo, that list looks very familiar. What's the title of the paper?
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Nobody: 5:06pm On Apr 24, 2015
ChinenyeN:
Radoillo, that list looks very familiar. What's the title of the paper?

'The Language and Dialects of Igbo'. It's actually a chapter in this book I've had for some years now - 'A Survey of the Igbo Nation', edited by G.E.K. Ofomata.
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by donshaddow(m): 5:07pm On Apr 24, 2015
somegirl1:

Read the op in the yoruba dialects thread. These groups were mentioned.
I don't know enough about the degree of similarity between these groups and other groups that identify as yoruba however.

Igboid means related to Igbo. While Youruboid means related to Yoruba..

It now depends on the % relation.

Mine is above 90% just as I quoted earlier.. But my geographical location is far more farther than the main Igbos across the Niger bridge.

The truth is, when an Asaba person is speaking and Agbor people closer to me, I don't understand much of what they say.

But imagine the Imos, Anambras far from me I understand their language perfectly compare to my immediate neighbor.
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by tonychristopher: 5:18pm On Apr 24, 2015
soonest:

Bros wetin u wan hear my mouth na grin . Ask me how enlightening and i will tell you.

What is your take on south south igboid group
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Nomswag: 5:19pm On Apr 24, 2015
leofab:
my person....umusume for life......give me ur facebook username.....or ur digit
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by somegirl1: 5:22pm On Apr 24, 2015
donshaddow:

Igboid means related to Igbo. While Youruboid means related to Yoruba..

It now depends on the % relation.

Mine is above 90% just as I quoted earlier.. But my geographical location is far more farther than the main Igbos across the Niger bridge.

The truth is, when an Asaba person is speaking and Agbor people closer to me, I don't understand much of what they say.

But imagine the Imos, Anambras far from me I understand their language perfectly compare to my immediate neighbor.

I empathize and agree with you when you refer to yourselves as Igbo speaking from ukwuani. Where I have an issue is when you refer to other Igbo/ Igboid tribes across the Niger as one homogenous entity or as main Igbo.
You can't company any Igbo/ Igboid group against "The Igbo tribe" .You can only compare one Igbo/Igboid tribe against another. You are not any farther geographically from some Anambra groups than some Imo groups are from some Anambra groups.
Ngwa is further away from Nnewi than you are from Nnewi.

1 Like

Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Ishilove: 5:22pm On Apr 24, 2015
donshaddow:

I'm a true breed of Ukwuani from both parents.

I'm Amai, my uncle was an Okparuku.

Its just that someone is trying to provoke me here.

Ok.... I'm an Igbo.

Kappish!!!!
Okpala-uku for which clan?

My great-grandpa was the Okpala-uku during his time.
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Nomswag: 5:22pm On Apr 24, 2015
leofab:
umusume2
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Nomswag: 5:29pm On Apr 24, 2015
tonychristopher:

It should be noted that the population of these towns is not homogenous in origin. A section of Ossissa migrated from Ejeme Unor ( in Aniocha South ) , like I noted before the town of Afor was long in existence before the arrival of the Aboh people. It will also be noted that the names of the followers of Esume looks Igbo to me eg Ozoma, Osuntili , Etim and Oputa which could suggest that they were of Igbo origin but merely adopted Benin as their place of origin simply because their leader , Esume was from Benin.

The Aboh kingdom is divided into two distinct communities. The UMUDEI who descend from Ogwezi, the son of Esume and first Obi of Aboh and the NDICHE who are considered the " non royals ". The Ndiche are of mixed origin. They include the aboriginal " Idumu Iwele " people who were of AKRI origin. Many of the Ndiche were of Igala origin, some came from the Eatern Igbo country just as some arrived from neighbouring Anioma communities. It should also be noted that many of the Ndiche were of ex-slave origin but Aboh assimilates ex-slaves easily. The large settlement of Abalagada north of Aboh main town came originally from Anam ( in Anambra State ) they are therefore of Ndiche stock.

According to history when the Abohs arrived, they were well received by the AKRI aborigines who were settled at the present site of Aboh. Both communities Aboh and Akri were in cordial relationship until Ogwezi became the leader of the Aboh community. The Akri were invited for a feast and unknown to them, the Abohs had concealed machetes in the basket of yams ( called ABOH JI ) and it was from the basket the Abohs broght their weapons and unleashed terror on their Akri neighbours. Many of the Akri managed to escape. Many fled across the Niger where they founded the villages of AKRI OGIDI, AKRI OZIZOR( Present Minister of Aviation Stella Oduah is from here ) and AKRI ATANI( now Atani where Prof Ben Nwabueze and Chief Osita Osadebe comes from ). Some moved South of Aboh to found the villages of AKRI ( Or Akarai ) Obodo and AKRI( or Akarai ) Etiti. A remnant of the Akri settled and became integrated as part of Aboh kingdom ie the Idumu Iwele. It should be noted that the Aboh kingdom ( not community ) was founded in about 1650. The Akri themselves are said to be of Edo origin and had settled in the country in about 1480.

The Obis of Aboh are descended from Ogwezi while the Iyase the most important chief in the kingdom must come from Ndiche. By tradition , the Iyase traditionally installs the Obi. An Obi is chosen from the Ogwezi or UMUDEI lineage. The Idumu Iwele people provide most of the priests( Eze Ani and Eze Osimili) while also from the Umudei lineage the ODUAH who is the oldest man from the lineage i conidered the spiritual head of the kingdom. The Aboh kingdom comprises of the Aboh main town and over 20 satelite villages in Ndokwa East LGA.

(2)OBIARUKU
Obiaruku i the commercial heart of the Ndokwa area. According to tradition the earliest settlers in the town were the people of OKUZU-Obiaruku. The Okuzu people emigrated from Awkuzu in Anambra State and via Aboh settled in Obiaruku. They were soon joined by their relatives the UMUEDEDE. Later a large group from the Ukwuani town of Umuebu joined them founding what is now called OGBE OBIARUKU. A time went on , an Aboh group joined the settlement and founded UMUESUME qtrs. The last qtr in Obiaruku is called OBIUGBE and they came principally from Ezionum another Ukwuani settlement . Obiaruku is therefore entirely of Igbo origin some originating from the East. The name Obiaruku means a town founded by an Aruku tree ie Obi Aruku.

(4)UTAGBA
The Utagba people are divided into two distinct towns and they are the largest Ndokwa community in terms of population. The original settlement is called Utagba Uno and its a federation of seven villages. The villages of Ikilibi and Etua migrated from Owere Olubor near Umunede ( meaning by implication they are of Ejeme-Isu stock ), while the other villages of Umusadege, Umuseti, Isumpe , Umusedeli , and Umusam also came from neighbouring Anioma communities like Nsukwa and Onicha Ukwuani. From Utagba Unor , one Ogbe led a group of Utagba people to a new site over 20 miles away and founded Utagba Ogbe thus the villages of Utagba Ogbe are similarly named after their kinsfolk at Utagba Uno thus there are Umusam, Umusadege, Umusadeli, Umuseti and Isumpe villages. The sixth village in Utagba Ogbe came from Adiai an Anioma town near Aboh. From Utagba Uno the village of Etua( which is by far the biggest sub clan ) arose the new and large settlement of Ndemili which is a few miles away from the Benin town of Urhonigbe. Etua people are also distinct from other Utagba people they are governed by Obis instead of the Okpala Uku which is common in most of Ndokwa land.

(5)NDONI
The name Ndoni comes from " Nde Onuiyi " or people settled at the mouth of the river The Ndoni clan the core area comprises of Ndoni main town and the village of Oniku( which is regarded as senior to Ndoni ). The ancestors of the Ndoni came from Utafa( Otapha ) in the Abua area of Rivers State. This claim is significant because the Abua are not really Ijaws. They are of Ibibio-Efik origin and moved westwards founding in the process the Obolo( or Andoni ) group. The Abua group also included the Odual and Ogbia. President Goodluck Jonathan is from Ogbia. They are not really Ijaws since their language is closer to what is spoken in Akwa Ibom/Cross River States. Later people from Aboh , Ase and Onyah origins in particular settled in the Ndoni area thus Ndoni is a blend of people of Anioma and Abua origins. Ethnographically, Ndoni people are of Ukwuani stock having been thoroughly assimilated over 400 years ago when they first arrived. Ndoni clan as defined today comprises of some 65 settlements and its one of the largest communities in Ndokwaland.

(6) ABBI and UMUKWATA
These are amongst the largest communities in Ndokwa land. The people of Abbi and Umukwata mainly descend from two brothers named Amacha( Abbi) and Ukwata( Umukwata). They originally came from Achalla near Awka in Anambra State and settled for a while in Aboh. Later they moved to their present sites. Later, in Abbi( there are originally two sections) a third section was founded by some hunters from Ani Ekei qtrs of Ubulu Uku( which is of Nri origin). From Abbi arose the ettlements of Umutu and Umuolu both are within Ndokwaland.

(7)ONICHA UKWUANI AND EMU CLANS
These two clans are closely related and they are both of Anioma( Enuani ) origin. The founder was one Onicha who came from Nsukwa. He founded what is now known as Onicha Ukwuani. One of his sons called " Olo " with hi wife called " Emu " moved further south and founded Emu clan. This is why they are often called Umuonicha clan. Alternative versions of their origin suggests that they came from Ogwashi Uku via Nsukwa.

(AMAI
The people of Amai descend from Amai an Elephant hunter from Igala land who settled in Aboh before moving to their present site. This is why Amai is attached to Aboh. Later some migrants from Ubulu Uku founded one of the qtrs called Umubu.

(9)UMUOKU and ONYAH clans
These two groups are related. They form part of the same migration from Amaegu( or Emegu or Egbu ) near Owerri. They arrived in about 1500. The group led by Oku founded Utuoku or Oku's bank along the Niger. From Utuoku , families began to migrate and they crossed the Niger founding the new settlement of Adiai near Ndoni. A war ensued between Adiai and Aboh people and for this reason a group moved to the town of Onitsha while another moved to found Ogbeani qtrs of Utagba Ogbe. Another group led by one Aka managed to cross the Niger to found the village of Adiai Obiaka. Adiai Obiaka is also called Adiawali because they settled west of the Niger away from their traditional homelands near Ndoni. The other Adiai villages include Utu, Utuechi and Obiofu and all are in Rivers state. Adiai land is richly endowed with oil both in Delta and Rivers State. The Umuoku , the three settlements Utuoku, Adiai and Adiawali are governed by Igwes.

PLS THIS ANOTHER WAY IGBOID GROUPS AND MAINLAND IGBO ARE INTERWINED, READ THIS AND THANK ME LATER, POSSIBLY I DO A BOTTLE OF PRISTINE REMMY MARTINS. I LOVE IT ON ROCKS

"Legend has it that during the time of Oke-efi in Oraifite, Anumanu, a handicapped (partially blind) son of a king of Aboh town (currently in delta state of Nigeria), migrated to Oraifite seeking refuge. Oke-efi welcomed Anumanu and his entourage. Included in his entourage were his servant (Oliobasie) and his horn blower (Eze Opi). Oliobasie was originally from a village called Utagba, in Ukwuani town. He was a servant who accompanied prince Anumanu to Oraifite. Oke-efi allocated a piece of land to Anumanu, and allowed him to settle, adjacent to Odu (Ogwugwuezeani) his younger brother. Odu (Ogwugwuezeani) had a few children, and needed good neighbors for security reasons. Odu (Ogwugwuezeani) was the only original indigene of Ibolo land and the second oldest son of Oraifite. Ibolo quarter was named after a large tree found in that part of town.

Prior to the arrival of Anumanu, there was an earlier settler at Ibolo named Ugwumagana(Isiji). There is no historical account as to where he migrated from. There are 4(four) distinct families resident at Ibolo, even until now. They are (a) Odu (Ogwugwuezeani) family, (b) Ugwumagana (Isiji) family, (c) Prince Anumanu family and (d) Oliobasie family. The Oliobasie family belongs to the Anumanu household, because Oliobasie was a servant of Anumanu. Umu-ezeopi as the name shows, were the children of Eze-opi. And they too belong to the household of Prince Anumanu, since he was part of his confidant and was brought to Oraifite by him. Isingwu migrated later to Oraifite from Osumenyi. There was no historical account as to why they left Osumenyi. Isingwu was accepted and allowed to settle as part of the household of Odu (Ogwugwuezeani). Hence, the household of Odu (Uno-Odu) include, Ibolo, Umuezopi and Isingwu. There is no clear explanation why the Isi-obi (head) of Unodu shifted from Odu (Ogwugwuezeani) to Anumanu household in Ibolo.

mehnn tanks alot...i feel educated

1 Like

Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by donshaddow(m): 5:50pm On Apr 24, 2015
Ishilove:

Okpala-uku for which clan?

My great-grandpa was the Okpala-uku during his time.

Amai-Umuekum.. Umupene clan.
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Okeikpu(m): 6:11pm On Apr 24, 2015
tonychristopher:
PEOPLE NAME: IGBO OF EQUATORIAL GUINEA

The Igbo of Equatorial Guinea, numbering 32,000, are No Longer Unreached. They are part of the Igbo people cluster within the Sub-Saharan African affinity bloc. Globally, this group totals 26,249,800 in 6 countries. Their primary language is Igbo. The primary religion practiced by the Igbo is marginal Christianity, a form of religion with roots in Christianity but not theologically Christian.

PEID: 13167

ROP: 103963

Download Prayer Card

Affinity Group: Sub-Saharan African Peoples

Affinity Bloc: Sub-Saharan African

People Cluster: Igbo

Language: Igbo - (ibo)

Alternate Name(s):

Primary Religion: Christianity - Other / Marginal

Also found in: Cameroon; Canada; Ghana; Nigeria; United States;

Population: 32,000

Global Population: 26,249,800

Progress of the Gospel: No Longer Unreached

Global Status of Evangelical Christianity: 4
http://www.peoplegroups.org/Explore/GroupDetails.aspx?peid=13167

I HOPE THAT MY BROTHER WILL AGREE WITH ME ON THIS bigfrancis21 musing2 asadike Radoillo tonychristopher asadike, ezeagu, OreMI22 PAGAN9JA, odumchi, EzePromoe, magkhan, Wulfruna, Radoillo, Ishilove, buchichukwu69, Daverytimes, VickyRotex, conyema12, Caracta, Emmayur, tk4rd, uduokirika1, omarhlichanwa, chinnelle, AsanwaKC, Phut, passion007, Chigold101, mildteddy, softwhispers, donbenie, DesChyko, chrisviral, Niwdog, ImperfectMe, IGBOnation, bigfrancis21, Benfaco, nwadiuko1, timsbee, executivegej, Harvard13, Tinyemeka, UjSizzle, christopher123, Optimall, moca, UjSizzle, telexfree1, Luckygurl, Mbkite, DaimlerBen, Ihuomadinihu, vinxce, EzePromoe, e4e5d4d5, odumchi, OdenigboAroli, smartsoft, agabaI23, asadike, Okeikpu, tonychristopher, adorebee, Lilimax, PaulCI, Peppyluv, JustCare, ifyalways, JustCare, toshmann, preselect, oziomatv, skimpychick, OreMI22, Nnewi1stSon, centje, Handsomegod, spyder880, iconize, IGBOSON1, eaglechild, Kcinho, Emperoh, mensdept, frakdon, BuddahMonk, CaptainOjemba, colored, ckenneths, Bishop42, biafrandream, cjrane, tranxo, myhobbies, write2obi, all4naija, osystein, Zonacom, Get2go, FreeGlobe, yellowsun, oneeast, Malawian, InyinyaAgbaOku, BuddahMonk, HappyJoe, chidyhels, asha80, ak47mann, Kagame, Zonacom, Hishuula, Dainfamous, FKO81, ACM10, enochnochi, Schematics, bankson80, Myluv1, MusaIbrahim1, ikoloanambra, Abagworo, investnow2013, rafindo, enochnochi, Igbonazy, chino11, manchy7531, LordNaya, lygn19, XBLadez, B2mario, GreenCap, millionaireman, Ihedioha2015, emmysoftyou, ejiyke2007, Nedu09, lygn19, IGBOSON2, osayuwamwen, ROYALD, RareDiamond, sCun, ejiyke2007, mandax, saintendurance, UnknownT, millionaireman, MI6Surveillance, anitabeauty, Ikwokrikwo, Ahmed4002,ikwerremilitant, hopeathand

Gbam!!! (^~^)

4 Likes

Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Okeikpu(m): 6:14pm On Apr 24, 2015
Afam4eva:

Kai. It's because of arguments such as these that the OP used Igboid alongside Igbo but mbanu, we must know that you're very unique. Like we've not always known that fact. Is there any dialect without influence from elsewhere?
grin
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Okeikpu(m): 6:16pm On Apr 24, 2015
walemoney007:
What of d jews in isreal? @op
Malaka! grin u dey craze!
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Okeikpu(m): 6:18pm On Apr 24, 2015
OneNaira6:
So OP you disregarded the best Igbo group, ANIOCHA?
You added Ukwuani but no Aniocha? You added Ika but no Aniocha? You added Ikwerre but no Aniocha?

Okay kwa
Sorry (╯︵╰,)
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Okeikpu(m): 6:35pm On Apr 24, 2015
HopeAtHand:
The op of this thread has maliciously included Ikwerre amongst the various Igbo clans.

The constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria recognises the Igbo and Ikwerre as two separate tribes..Nigerians can always refer to the constitution whenever that need arises.

We are not surprised at the Igbos and their tendencies because other Nigerians can prove that are always a provocative tribe and have the nature of attaching themselves to other people either by hook or crook.

tonychristopher, Pazienza, emmysoftyou, babyosisi, freeglobe, Abagworo and other NL igbos should do well to inform the op.
Civil war never end?
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by ChinenyeN(m): 7:04pm On Apr 24, 2015
Radoillo:
'The Language and Dialects of Igbo'. It's actually a chapter in this book I've had for some years now - 'A Survey of the Igbo Nation', edited by G.E.K. Ofomata.

Thanks.
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by ChinenyeN(m): 7:17pm On Apr 24, 2015
tonychristopher:
na nye anyi the historical antecedents and correlation between ikwerre,ngwa na ndi ndoki azumini aba

dalu

That's an entirely separate topic of its own, but in simple terms traditions recognize shared ancestry between Ngwa and Ikwerre.
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by soonest(f): 7:21pm On Apr 24, 2015
tonychristopher:

What is your take on south south igboid group
Isn't it obvious how confused they are? When they start all i do is sit back and laugh. There's one i know that claims igbo when it suits him. The whole concept of delta igbo is the most laughable of all. Why the igbo appendage. Lwkmd

1 Like

Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Macelliot(m): 8:14pm On Apr 24, 2015
Ikwerreboy:
Igbos igbos igbos, hw mny times hv i called u dirty migrants, Ikwerre,Ekpeye and Ogba are not igbos, they have desame ancestrial root trace to benin,(Then Oba awure).. As for the Ndoni people they have never accepted been igbo, only time shall tell, we shall all be here and hear that Rivers state Govt deports 1,000 igbos back to south east under the administration of Gov-elect Chief Nyesom wike, Continue bringing hatred for your self..

Under the administration of former governor of rivers state Dr. Peter Odilli of Ndoni, you igbos organised a prayer for all ur igbo brothers to come together and pray, concerning there stay in port harcourt (ikwerre land) and other part of rivers state, that there is an evil plan to be carried out on the igbos in rivers state.

You were been invited to the state house of assembly for organising such a prayer with the concept of the state govt, which the so called Gov. Amaechi from ikwerre who have demolished thousands of ur shops, arrested most of you who tried to acquire ikwerre local govt identification because of our similarities in names, who claimed his igbo during buhari presidential campaign in abia state, because he knows how tribalistic you people are, was the speaker of rivers state house of assembly then.

Not only that, the ikwerre concil of elders summoned you igbos and asked you people to pay fine for organising such a prayer with out the concept of the ikwerre people who own the land you derive ur daily bread. just to name a few.

You igbos are group of confused people who have no direction, the most divided ethnic group in nigeria, you are so hated all over nigeria because of your silly attitude.

The ikwerres,ogbas,ekpeye,etche and Ndoni of rivers state are not members of your Ohaeze ndi igbo organisation i wounder why you idiots include us in your irritating igbo identity we dnt belong,

Below is a brief history of the ikwerre,ogba and ekpeye people of rivers state which the benin cultural heritage have confirmed it when they visited port harcourt (ikwerre land), Ogba and ekpeye you fools:

Chief N.M.T. Solomon (2004), native of Ikodu Ubie in Ekpeyeland, in
his narrative draws heavily from the now authenticated written
historical records delivered by various informed sources including
“Eketu (Weber) of Ubeta, assumed to have lived for over two hundred
(200) years as the oldest man in all Ekpeye, Ogba and Iwhnurọ hna (or
Ikwerre), at that time (and) was asked to narrate the history and
customs of Ekpeye people” as unfolded in his lifetime. Here is what he
said, which has been validated by the accounts of the current
generation through responses to our questionnaires and direct
interviews thereby increasing our level of confidence on the data:
Ekpeye, born in Benin, was the first of the three sons of Akalaka.
While in Ndoni, he married a second wife to gain the love and favour
of the people. The new wife gave birth to a son, which he named Ogba.
Akalaka was still in Ndoni when his first wife, the mother of Ekpeye,
gave birth to his third son called Ihruoha (Ikwerre) .

Proudly Ikwerre..

Ikwerre has 4 local govtment areas in rivers state for those who thinks its only Port harcourt, no see image below:
You sounds more like Justice Ezeorgu..
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by tonychristopher: 8:32pm On Apr 24, 2015
soonest:

Isn't it obvious how confused they are? When they start all i do is sit back and laugh. There's one i know that claims igbo when it suits him. The whole concept of delta igbo is the most laughable of all. Why the igbo appendage. Lwkmd

Lol..some assume that delta is a tribe

No wonder some if them are called fake igbo due to this

1 Like

Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by tonychristopher: 8:39pm On Apr 24, 2015
Nomswag:

mehnn tanks alot...i feel educated

Now buy me beer
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by babajero(m): 9:26pm On Apr 24, 2015
donshaddow:

If the Urhobos, isokos, Itsekiri and some other minor ethnic group should be recognised. Why not the Ukwaunis... Must you insert us inside the central igbos..

Well, my argument is for the purpose of liberating and recognising the Ukwuani clan as an ethnic group.

Look at this so called Biafra map!!! Why was Ukwuani omitted...

We number more than 7million.
when the time comes it will be re modified, and going with the map, ukwuani is among the capital teritory.

1 Like

Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by babajero(m): 9:32pm On Apr 24, 2015
emmysoftyou:
not yet...
Re yu frm agbaja ,ibeowerri
am from agbaja

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (28) (Reply)

Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady / Similoluwa, Sister Of Ooni’s Wife 'Steals Show' With Backside At Royal Event / Oruko Amutorunwa (generic Names In Yoruba Culture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.