Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. - Culture (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. (120910 Views)

Ijaw Dialects And Where They Are Spoken / Detailed List Of Hausa Dialects And Places Spoken. / A List Of All Edo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by VickyRotex(f): 12:12pm On Apr 24, 2015
yinkard4me:

grin

Huh shocked shocked

This is not fair ooo cheesy

I go do you back ooo cheesy cry
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by tonychristopher: 12:21pm On Apr 24, 2015
UKWUANI HAS BEEN RECOGNISE AS A PEOPLE WITH DISTINCT DIALECT THAT FALLS WITHIN IGBOID GROUP AND THAT IS NOT DEBATABLE, NATIONS ARE COMING TOGETHER FOR PROGRESS NOT BEEN SEPERATIST, LOOK AT EU TODAY, THE MORE UNIFIED WE ARE THE MORE WE MAKE OUR CASE, NOBODY IS ROBING UKWUNAI, MBAISE,IKWERRE,OBOLO, EZZA MAN OF HIS UNIQUENESS SO WHAT IS THE ISSUE OF RECOGNITION.

donshaddow:

If the Urhobos, isokos, Itsekiri and some other minor ethnic group should be recognised. Why not the Ukwaunis... Must you insert us inside the central igbos..

Well, my argument is for the purpose of liberating and recognising the Ukwuani clan as an ethnic group.

Look at this so called Biafra map!!! Why was Ukwuani omitted...

We number more than 7million.

2 Likes

Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Malawian(m): 12:25pm On Apr 24, 2015
Ishilove:

I don't know where you got that from, but my daddy told me apeere is basket in Ukwuani language. Apeere or 'myiyo'. Myiyo is also 'sieve'. That's a mixture of ukwuani and Yoruba.

I'm from Abbi and we call onions 'alubosa'.

I did a little bit of Ukwuani history in my master's thesis, and I'll upload some of findings when I have the time.
I THINK WE CALL IT "NYONYO" AS IN SIEVE.
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Nobody: 12:26pm On Apr 24, 2015
I came across this paper among my stuff by a linguist Ebo Ubahakwe. Ubahakwe has attempted to organise the speech forms of the various Igbo communities into a handful of dialects. He claims to have isolated over 24 dialects, but in the paper I am currently looking at he only outlines 15 of them:

1. Abatete Dialect

Spoken in: Abagana, Mkpoo (Nkpor), Ojoto, Abatete, Neni, Oka-Etiti (Awka-Etiti), Aba (Abba - not to be confused with Aba-Ngwa), Abacha, Nnobi, Oraukwu, Adazi-Enu, Adazi-Nnukwu, Akwu-Ukwu, Alo, Eziowele, Ideani, Ifite-Ukpo, Oba, Obasi, Ogidi, Ogbunike, Umuoji, Umunachi, Umudioka

2. Aguleri Dialect

Aguleri, Otuocha, Okuzu (Awkuzu), Umunya, Igboariam, Umuleri

3. Enugwu-Ukwu Dialect

Agulu, Isu-Aniocha, Enugwu-Agidi, Nnofia (Nawfia), Enugwu-Ukwu, Nri

4. Isiagu Dialect

Amobia (Amawbia), Mbaukwu, Amansea, Nibo, Isiagu, Nise, Oka (Awka), Umuawulu

5. Ekwuluobia Dialect

Ogbu (Awgbu), Isuofia, Ekwuluobia, Nanka, Ezinifite, Ndiokolo, Igbo Ukwu, Ndiokpalaeze, Ikenga, Umuona

6. Ogboji Dialect

Akpu, Ogboji, Aguluezechukwu, Oko, Nkpologwu

7. Achina Dialect

Achina, Agbudu, Akpo, Amaesi, Enugwu-Umuonyiba, Umuchu, Umuomaku

8. Ndiowu Dialect

Ndiowu, Ndiukwuenu, Ndikelionwu, Omogho, Ndiokpalaeke

9. Umunze Dialect

Ajali, Isulo, Akawa, Nofija, Akpugo, Nkerefi, Amaokpala, Ogbunka, Awa, Owere-Ezukala, Eziagu, Ubahu (Isuochi), Eziama, Ufuma, Ezira, Umunze, Ihite

10. Okigwe Dialect

Amadi, Obohia, Egbake, Odu, Ezinachi, Ubahu Okigwe, Okigwe, Uturu

11. Ngodo Dialect

Amorie Ngodo, Ohara Obingu, Amuda, Ubahu, Ezi Ngodo, Umuaku, Mbala, Umuelem

12. Ihube Dialect

Akuko, Okannachi, Ihube, Umuawa-Ibu, Umulolo, Ubahu-Okigwe [the author had earlier listed Ubahu-Okigwe under the Okigwe dialect]

13. Ovum Dialect

Imenyi, Oguduasa, Amaiyi, Ezere, Umunekwu, Ovum, Acha, Isuamawa, Amaigbo, Umuobiala, Amaokwe, Umualum, Nonya, Otampa.

14. Lekwesi Dialect

Isiama, Leru, Lekwesi, Ukomi, Lokpa-Ukwu

15. Umuna Dialect

Aba (Aba-Ngwa?), Osu Owere, Agbobu, Umuduru-Egbeaguru, Amuro, Umuna (Okigwe), Eziama, Umuna (Olu), Okwe, Umunumo, Okwele

2 Likes

Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Malawian(m): 12:28pm On Apr 24, 2015
bigfrancis21:

The English ruled Nigeria for over 10 years, does that make us English?

Now, the bini empire of yore expanded their territory and when they annexed lands, they sent out their own to be kings over their conquered. Lagos was a bini empire which was ruled by a bini king (Obanikoro family lineage) from the bini empire, does that make the Yoruba natives of Lagos Binis or as having bini ancestry? Native lagosians are the aworis and eguns who acknowledge that they are yorubas who were ruled by a bini king, why is the Igbo case different?
or you can ask them if having a sitting fulani emir in ilorin makes the inhabitants of ilorin to be fulanis.

1 Like

Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by tonychristopher: 12:29pm On Apr 24, 2015
Nomswag:

seriously

It should be noted that the population of these towns is not homogenous in origin. A section of Ossissa migrated from Ejeme Unor ( in Aniocha South ) , like I noted before the town of Afor was long in existence before the arrival of the Aboh people. It will also be noted that the names of the followers of Esume looks Igbo to me eg Ozoma, Osuntili , Etim and Oputa which could suggest that they were of Igbo origin but merely adopted Benin as their place of origin simply because their leader , Esume was from Benin.

The Aboh kingdom is divided into two distinct communities. The UMUDEI who descend from Ogwezi, the son of Esume and first Obi of Aboh and the NDICHE who are considered the " non royals ". The Ndiche are of mixed origin. They include the aboriginal " Idumu Iwele " people who were of AKRI origin. Many of the Ndiche were of Igala origin, some came from the Eatern Igbo country just as some arrived from neighbouring Anioma communities. It should also be noted that many of the Ndiche were of ex-slave origin but Aboh assimilates ex-slaves easily. The large settlement of Abalagada north of Aboh main town came originally from Anam ( in Anambra State ) they are therefore of Ndiche stock.

According to history when the Abohs arrived, they were well received by the AKRI aborigines who were settled at the present site of Aboh. Both communities Aboh and Akri were in cordial relationship until Ogwezi became the leader of the Aboh community. The Akri were invited for a feast and unknown to them, the Abohs had concealed machetes in the basket of yams ( called ABOH JI ) and it was from the basket the Abohs broght their weapons and unleashed terror on their Akri neighbours. Many of the Akri managed to escape. Many fled across the Niger where they founded the villages of AKRI OGIDI, AKRI OZIZOR( Present Minister of Aviation Stella Oduah is from here ) and AKRI ATANI( now Atani where Prof Ben Nwabueze and Chief Osita Osadebe comes from ). Some moved South of Aboh to found the villages of AKRI ( Or Akarai ) Obodo and AKRI( or Akarai ) Etiti. A remnant of the Akri settled and became integrated as part of Aboh kingdom ie the Idumu Iwele. It should be noted that the Aboh kingdom ( not community ) was founded in about 1650. The Akri themselves are said to be of Edo origin and had settled in the country in about 1480.

The Obis of Aboh are descended from Ogwezi while the Iyase the most important chief in the kingdom must come from Ndiche. By tradition , the Iyase traditionally installs the Obi. An Obi is chosen from the Ogwezi or UMUDEI lineage. The Idumu Iwele people provide most of the priests( Eze Ani and Eze Osimili) while also from the Umudei lineage the ODUAH who is the oldest man from the lineage i conidered the spiritual head of the kingdom. The Aboh kingdom comprises of the Aboh main town and over 20 satelite villages in Ndokwa East LGA.

(2)OBIARUKU
Obiaruku i the commercial heart of the Ndokwa area. According to tradition the earliest settlers in the town were the people of OKUZU-Obiaruku. The Okuzu people emigrated from Awkuzu in Anambra State and via Aboh settled in Obiaruku. They were soon joined by their relatives the UMUEDEDE. Later a large group from the Ukwuani town of Umuebu joined them founding what is now called OGBE OBIARUKU. A time went on , an Aboh group joined the settlement and founded UMUESUME qtrs. The last qtr in Obiaruku is called OBIUGBE and they came principally from Ezionum another Ukwuani settlement . Obiaruku is therefore entirely of Igbo origin some originating from the East. The name Obiaruku means a town founded by an Aruku tree ie Obi Aruku.

(4)UTAGBA
The Utagba people are divided into two distinct towns and they are the largest Ndokwa community in terms of population. The original settlement is called Utagba Uno and its a federation of seven villages. The villages of Ikilibi and Etua migrated from Owere Olubor near Umunede ( meaning by implication they are of Ejeme-Isu stock ), while the other villages of Umusadege, Umuseti, Isumpe , Umusedeli , and Umusam also came from neighbouring Anioma communities like Nsukwa and Onicha Ukwuani. From Utagba Unor , one Ogbe led a group of Utagba people to a new site over 20 miles away and founded Utagba Ogbe thus the villages of Utagba Ogbe are similarly named after their kinsfolk at Utagba Uno thus there are Umusam, Umusadege, Umusadeli, Umuseti and Isumpe villages. The sixth village in Utagba Ogbe came from Adiai an Anioma town near Aboh. From Utagba Uno the village of Etua( which is by far the biggest sub clan ) arose the new and large settlement of Ndemili which is a few miles away from the Benin town of Urhonigbe. Etua people are also distinct from other Utagba people they are governed by Obis instead of the Okpala Uku which is common in most of Ndokwa land.

(5)NDONI
The name Ndoni comes from " Nde Onuiyi " or people settled at the mouth of the river The Ndoni clan the core area comprises of Ndoni main town and the village of Oniku( which is regarded as senior to Ndoni ). The ancestors of the Ndoni came from Utafa( Otapha ) in the Abua area of Rivers State. This claim is significant because the Abua are not really Ijaws. They are of Ibibio-Efik origin and moved westwards founding in the process the Obolo( or Andoni ) group. The Abua group also included the Odual and Ogbia. President Goodluck Jonathan is from Ogbia. They are not really Ijaws since their language is closer to what is spoken in Akwa Ibom/Cross River States. Later people from Aboh , Ase and Onyah origins in particular settled in the Ndoni area thus Ndoni is a blend of people of Anioma and Abua origins. Ethnographically, Ndoni people are of Ukwuani stock having been thoroughly assimilated over 400 years ago when they first arrived. Ndoni clan as defined today comprises of some 65 settlements and its one of the largest communities in Ndokwaland.

(6) ABBI and UMUKWATA
These are amongst the largest communities in Ndokwa land. The people of Abbi and Umukwata mainly descend from two brothers named Amacha( Abbi) and Ukwata( Umukwata). They originally came from Achalla near Awka in Anambra State and settled for a while in Aboh. Later they moved to their present sites. Later, in Abbi( there are originally two sections) a third section was founded by some hunters from Ani Ekei qtrs of Ubulu Uku( which is of Nri origin). From Abbi arose the ettlements of Umutu and Umuolu both are within Ndokwaland.

(7)ONICHA UKWUANI AND EMU CLANS
These two clans are closely related and they are both of Anioma( Enuani ) origin. The founder was one Onicha who came from Nsukwa. He founded what is now known as Onicha Ukwuani. One of his sons called " Olo " with hi wife called " Emu " moved further south and founded Emu clan. This is why they are often called Umuonicha clan. Alternative versions of their origin suggests that they came from Ogwashi Uku via Nsukwa.

(AMAI
The people of Amai descend from Amai an Elephant hunter from Igala land who settled in Aboh before moving to their present site. This is why Amai is attached to Aboh. Later some migrants from Ubulu Uku founded one of the qtrs called Umubu.

(9)UMUOKU and ONYAH clans
These two groups are related. They form part of the same migration from Amaegu( or Emegu or Egbu ) near Owerri. They arrived in about 1500. The group led by Oku founded Utuoku or Oku's bank along the Niger. From Utuoku , families began to migrate and they crossed the Niger founding the new settlement of Adiai near Ndoni. A war ensued between Adiai and Aboh people and for this reason a group moved to the town of Onitsha while another moved to found Ogbeani qtrs of Utagba Ogbe. Another group led by one Aka managed to cross the Niger to found the village of Adiai Obiaka. Adiai Obiaka is also called Adiawali because they settled west of the Niger away from their traditional homelands near Ndoni. The other Adiai villages include Utu, Utuechi and Obiofu and all are in Rivers state. Adiai land is richly endowed with oil both in Delta and Rivers State. The Umuoku , the three settlements Utuoku, Adiai and Adiawali are governed by Igwes.

PLS THIS ANOTHER WAY IGBOID GROUPS AND MAINLAND IGBO ARE INTERWINED, READ THIS AND THANK ME LATER, POSSIBLY I DO A BOTTLE OF PRISTINE REMMY MARTINS. I LOVE IT ON ROCKS

"Legend has it that during the time of Oke-efi in Oraifite, Anumanu, a handicapped (partially blind) son of a king of Aboh town (currently in delta state of Nigeria), migrated to Oraifite seeking refuge. Oke-efi welcomed Anumanu and his entourage. Included in his entourage were his servant (Oliobasie) and his horn blower (Eze Opi). Oliobasie was originally from a village called Utagba, in Ukwuani town. He was a servant who accompanied prince Anumanu to Oraifite. Oke-efi allocated a piece of land to Anumanu, and allowed him to settle, adjacent to Odu (Ogwugwuezeani) his younger brother. Odu (Ogwugwuezeani) had a few children, and needed good neighbors for security reasons. Odu (Ogwugwuezeani) was the only original indigene of Ibolo land and the second oldest son of Oraifite. Ibolo quarter was named after a large tree found in that part of town.

Prior to the arrival of Anumanu, there was an earlier settler at Ibolo named Ugwumagana(Isiji). There is no historical account as to where he migrated from. There are 4(four) distinct families resident at Ibolo, even until now. They are (a) Odu (Ogwugwuezeani) family, (b) Ugwumagana (Isiji) family, (c) Prince Anumanu family and (d) Oliobasie family. The Oliobasie family belongs to the Anumanu household, because Oliobasie was a servant of Anumanu. Umu-ezeopi as the name shows, were the children of Eze-opi. And they too belong to the household of Prince Anumanu, since he was part of his confidant and was brought to Oraifite by him. Isingwu migrated later to Oraifite from Osumenyi. There was no historical account as to why they left Osumenyi. Isingwu was accepted and allowed to settle as part of the household of Odu (Ogwugwuezeani). Hence, the household of Odu (Uno-Odu) include, Ibolo, Umuezopi and Isingwu. There is no clear explanation why the Isi-obi (head) of Unodu shifted from Odu (Ogwugwuezeani) to Anumanu household in Ibolo.

2 Likes

Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 24, 2015
donshaddow:

We number more than 7million.

Really?? undecided

1 Like

Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by tonychristopher: 12:33pm On Apr 24, 2015
LETS NOT BRING IN THOSE PEOPLE HERE PLS, WE DONT WANT OUR THREAD TO BE DISTROYED, THIS IS A BROTHERLY IGBOID AND IGBO BASED THREAD...UNITY AND LEARNING WE ARE INTO HERE

DALU NU UMUNNE

Malawian:

or you can ask them if having a sitting fulani emir in ilorin makes the inhabitants of ilorin to be fulanis.
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by ideykwum: 12:43pm On Apr 24, 2015
Thanks!! That actually came from the heart...Like you know, evil thrives when good men/women do nothing! Have a great day!

soonest:

Wow! I have learnt a new quote. "Evil has limits, even if it doesn't, we are duty bound to curtail it"
Nice one

1 Like

Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by donshaddow(m): 12:55pm On Apr 24, 2015
babajero:
You sound childish, first you said slightly different from igbo that means there is igbo, second you said okparauku meaning big first son or old first son, and why won't you dress like them when youu co-habit with them and most part of east dress Like that also. Lets not just argue sef even ukwuani as a name is igbo meaning ukwu-leg and ani-ground, in summary ukwuani depicts a man who stands his ground. It Is a pity that the abokis has brain washed you to believe that you are not an igboman because I believe that before the war your forefathers won't have stooped so low as you are doing now, and moreover what is the name of delta state governor elect, my man you are igbo and you can't change that.

You are so stuppid for using such a derogatory word (childish).

If you guys are looking to add up some tribes to your own, add people closer to you.

My dad participated at the war front with the Red Cross of Nigeria... Not of Biafra.

So go to hell if me claiming my tribe makes you madd..
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by tonychristopher: 1:36pm On Apr 24, 2015
EASY BRO, YOUR A MAN DONT HEAT IT UP, WE HAVE THE CAPACITY, I THINK YOU SHOULD SPAEK FOR YOURSELF AND YOURSELF ONLY, YOU KEEP SAYING MY FATHER TOLD ME THIS, LET ME TELL U, IKE NWACHUKWU FOUGHT FOR NIGERIA DURING BIAFRA AND HE IS FROM OKIGWE ZONE DOES THAT MAKE OKIGWE PEOPLE NON IGBO, THE WAY YOU PEOPLE REASONS IS FUNNY

ALL I ASK IS EMPERICAL STUDY, MIND YOU MY WIFE IS UKWUANI AND SHE SEE HER SELF AS IGBO ATLEAST WE DONT NEED INTERPRETER BEFORE WE MAKE LOVE

TAKE IT SLOW

MIND YOU THAT IN UKWUANI THERE ARE SON OF SOILS AND PURE BRED AND THERE ARE THOSE THAT CAME FROM BENIN AS A RESULT OF REFUGEE AND FELON STATUS, PLEASE GO BACK AND ASK YOUR DAD IF HIS FORE FATHERS MIGRATED FROM BENIN, IF HE DID THEN YOUR ARE A BENIN BLOOD

SO DONT WORRY SPEAK FOR YOURSELF ONLY

TILL WHEN EZE COME OUT AND SAY OTHERWISE, DO YOU WANT A GOVERNMENT WEBSITE TO TELL YOU WHERE YOU ARE FROM, I WILL NOT DO THAT, ITS OTHER TRIBE THAT WILL REMIND YOU THAT YOU ARE OVWIE IGBO OR OMO IGBO . BROTHER ITS AN URHOBO WOMAN, MAMA EFE ATTACKED ME THAT I HAVE STOPED DATING HER DAUGHTER TO GO MARRY MY SISTER(MY PRESENT WIFE FROM UKWUANI)

So be open to information and been abusive in intellectual debates shows your bereft of ideas and i will not want to assume that

pls

take it slow

nwayo nwayo

biko

ishilove is your sister and she is scietifical and methodological in her approach

donshaddow:

You are so stuppid for using such a derogatory word (childish).

If you guys are looking to add up some tribes to your own, add people closer to you.

My dad participated at the war front with the Red Cross of Nigeria... Not of Biafra.

So go to hell if me claiming my tribe makes you madd..

1 Like

Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by donshaddow(m): 1:43pm On Apr 24, 2015
tonychristopher:
EASY BRO, YOUR A MAN DONT HEAT IT UP, WE HAVE THE CAPACITY, I THINK YOU SHOULD SPAEK FOR YOURSELF AND YOURSELF ONLY, YOU KEEP SAYING MY FATHER TOLD ME THIS, LET ME TELL U, IKE NWACHUKWU FOUGHT FOR NIGERIA DURING BIAFRA AND HE IS FROM OKIGWE ZONE DOES THAT MAKE OKIGWE PEOPLE NON IGBO, THE WAY YOU PEOPLE REASONS IS FUNNY

ALL I ASK IS EMPERICAL STUDY, MIND YOU MY WIFE IS UKWUANI AND SHE SEE HER SELF AS IGBO ATLEAST WE DONT NEED INTERPRETER BEFORE WE MAKE LOVE

TAKE IT SLOW

MIND YOU THAT IN UKWUANI THERE ARE SON OF SOILS AND PURE BRED AND THERE ARE THOSE THAT CAME FROM BENIN AS A RESULT OF REFUGEE AND FELON STATUS, PLEASE GO BACK AND ASK YOUR DAD IF HIS FORE FATHERS MIGRATED FROM BENIN, IF HE DID THEN YOUR ARE A BENIN BLOOD

SO DONT WORRY SPEAK FOR YOURSELF ONLY

TILL WHEN EZE COME OUT AND SAY OTHERWISE, DO YOU WANT A GOVERNMENT WEBSITE TO TELL YOU WHERE YOU ARE FROM, I WILL NOT DO THAT, ITS OTHER TRIBE THAT WILL REMIND YOU THAT YOU ARE OVWIE IGBO OR OMO IGBO . BROTHER ITS AN URHOBO WOMAN, MAMA EFE ATTACKED ME THAT I HAVE STOPED DATING HER DAUGHTER TO GO MARRY MY SISTER(MY PRESENT WIFE FROM UKWUANI)

So be open to information and been abusive in intellectual debates shows your bereft of ideas and i will not want to assume that

pls

take it slow

nwayo nwayo

biko

ishilove is your sister and she is scietifical and methodological in her approach

I'm a true breed of Ukwuani from both parents.

I'm Amai, my uncle was an Okparuku.

Its just that someone is trying to provoke me here.

Ok.... I'm an Igbo.

Kappish!!!!
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by tonychristopher: 1:51pm On Apr 24, 2015
bro, take it aesy, we yab each other here and that is igbo way of life, we respect you and your ukwuani status my brother, you should hold fast and hold grip of ur identuty as an ukwuani man and above all speak ur dialect and write it also in presensence of igbo groups, there is nothing to be worried about nobody will take it away from you

I am a man from nnewi south, I am also proud of my own, my wife(ur sister) will say that i am proud of my dialect and if i see any igbo person from her village to lagos i just speak it flawlessly and bro it helps. Ur an ukwuani man that is respected and do not believe everything our parents say, they never had opportunity to billions of information we had today. they were ignorance and remember most igbo tribes were semi independence, Ogume used to be independent of Aboh, Obiaruku, Amai even Utagba, today they are under Ndokwa umbrella so are the other igbo clan, What we are looking for is unity

IGBO ARE NOT COLONISERS AND WERE NEVER COLONISERS IGBO WERE REUBLIOCANS AND WE DO NOT TAKE PEOPLE THINGS BY FORCE OR INVASION LIKE THE BENIN HISTORY AND FULANI HISTORY, THE ONLY THOSE THAT FEAR IGBO ARE THOSE AFRIAD OF COMPETITION

Ogo iwe ewene gi

Dalu rinne

donshaddow:

Ok.... I'm an Igbo.

Kappish!!!!

1 Like

Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by donshaddow(m): 2:00pm On Apr 24, 2015
tonychristopher:
bro, take it aesy, we yab each other here and that is igbo way of life, we respect you and your ukwuani status my brother, you should hold fast and hold grip of ur identuty as an ukwuani man and above all speak ur dialect and write it also in presensence of igbo groups, there is nothing to be worried about nobody will take it away from you

I am a man from nnewi south, I am also proud of my own, my wife(ur sister) will say that i am proud of my dialect and if i see any igbo person from her village to lagos i just speak it flawlessly and bro it helps. Ur an ukwuani man that is respected and do not believe everything our parents say, they never had opportunity to billions of information we had today. they were ignorance and remember most igbo tribes were semi independence, Ogume used to be independent of Aboh, Obiaruku, Amai even Utagba, today they are under Ndokwa umbrella so are the other igbo clan, What we are looking for is unity

IGBO ARE NOT COLONISERS AND WERE NEVER COLONISERS IGBO WERE REUBLIOCANS AND WE DO NOT TAKE PEOPLE THINGS BY FORCE OR INVASION LIKE THE BENIN HISTORY AND FULANI HISTORY, THE ONLY THOSE THAT FEAR IGBO ARE THOSE AFRIAD OF COMPETITION

Ogo iwe ewene gi

Dalu rinne

My last comment on this thread.

Goodbye.
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Armaggedon: 2:04pm On Apr 24, 2015
donshaddow:

Lol.. I just dey speak am ooo...

I nor be Yoruba.
O n gbe ni yoruba ti o wà idi ti nwọn wi fun ọ pe iwọ ba wa ni ko ohun Igbo
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by tonychristopher: 2:04pm On Apr 24, 2015
I hope the statement did not upset you dear. We are open to learning process on daily basis, I learn you learn

Walking away from things like this doesnt help but complicates issue.

donshaddow:

Goodbye.
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by nkemdi89(f): 2:05pm On Apr 24, 2015
Nomswag:

obiaruku....and u? sist ...abeg send me your number 2
Pm him for dat.
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by 2kris(m): 2:14pm On Apr 24, 2015
OneNaira6:

Idoma are not Igbo speaking. There are igbo indigenous group in Benue. Those are the ones he was taking about, not idioma
bros i disagree with u....i have seen idoma answering ibo name like.....ichukwu,uche/uchu,ibem,sl how do u want me to understand diz
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by tonychristopher: 2:15pm On Apr 24, 2015
bye

donshaddow:

Goodbye.
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by bigfrancis21: 2:25pm On Apr 24, 2015
babajero:
You sound childish, first you said slightly different from igbo that means there is igbo, second you said okparauku meaning big first son or old first son, and why won't you dress like them when youu co-habit with them and most part of east dress Like that also. Lets not just argue sef even ukwuani as a name is igbo meaning ukwu-leg and ani-ground, in summary ukwuani depicts a man who stands his ground. It Is a pity that the abokis has brain washed you to believe that you are not an igboman because I believe that before the war your forefathers won't have stooped so low as you are doing now, and moreover what is the name of delta state governor elect, my man you are igbo and you can't change that.

Ukwuani actually refers to 'low land' in Igbo, referring to those living down the terrain of the area, in contrast to those living those living upland, called 'Enuani' (top of the terrain).

2 Likes

Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by bigfrancis21: 2:28pm On Apr 24, 2015
2kris:
bros i disagree with u....i have seen idoma answering ibo name like.....ichukwu,uche/uchu,ibem,sl how do u want me to understand diz

They share exact alphabet system with Igbo, thus explains the similarity in Idoma and Igbo words. They also share similar words and exact name meanings with Igbo, i.e Akpa (bag), Onyechi (name), etc. However, their language is quite diferent from Igbo.
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by bigfrancis21: 2:29pm On Apr 24, 2015
donshaddow:

Ok.... I'm an Igbo.

Kappish!!!!

I hope you do know that okpara ukwu (eldest son) is Igbo?

3 Likes

Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by 2kris(m): 2:31pm On Apr 24, 2015
bigfrancis21:

They share exact alphabet system with Igbo, thus explains the similarity in Idoma and Igbo words. They also share similar words and exact name meanings with Igbo, i.e Akpa (bag), Onyechi (name), etc. However, their language is quite diferent from Igbo.
now ur ar talking
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by donshaddow(m): 2:35pm On Apr 24, 2015
bigfrancis21:

I hope you do know that okpara ukwu (eldest son) is Igbo?

Have said I don't wanna respond to this thread again...

If I don't know would I have written or spelled it?

Just please, let's end this thread.

I'm trying to let people know that Ukwauni people are an ethnic group in Nigeria... And not sub-ethnic under any tribe.
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by tonychristopher: 2:45pm On Apr 24, 2015
but they still not igbo, we have other tribes answering common names like ojo which igbo, edo yoruba bear

2kris:
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by donshaddow(m): 2:50pm On Apr 24, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Ukwuani actually refers to 'low land' in Igbo, referring to those living down the terrain of the area, in contrast to those living those living upland, called 'Enuani' (top of the terrain).

Thanks.... You have deep understanding and tolerance of other tribes.
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by tonychristopher: 3:12pm On Apr 24, 2015
are u still here?

thought u left..since

talk is cheap

donshaddow:

Thanks.... You have deep understanding and tolerance of other tribes.
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by emmysoftyou: 3:32pm On Apr 24, 2015
babajero:
I am from Ehime Mbano, are you satisfied now?
not yet...
Re yu frm agbaja ,ibeowerri
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Malawian(m): 3:53pm On Apr 24, 2015
2kris:
those might not be idoma, but claim idoma so as not to to segregated. but idoma also bear some igbo sounding names sha.
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by emmysoftyou: 3:57pm On Apr 24, 2015
donshaddow:

I don't want to reply you with an insult likewise.

Why was Ukwuani Language listed as one of the 27 languages as mode of teaching in Nigeria?

Why wasn't it included as an Igbo Language.

Listen here young man, Ukwuani people are an ethnic group with distinctive culture slightly different from the Igbo culture.

We use Okparuku (oldest man) in the village as head of our clan.

We dress like the Urhobos and Isokos.

We refer ourself as Niger-Deltans cos we all dress the same way, but speak different language.

Do you know the meaning of Igboid? It means relating to Igbo...

So if I say I'm an Ukwuani man, just respect that and stop mentioning or quoting me.
I ve never wanted to quote you from the start cos I ve being reading your comments but ignored some.

bro,

You re sounding/writing like a confuse being.:-x
Yes very very confused about his consanguinity ancestral authenticity..
Sorry I don't mean to insult you but your comments so far about ukwuani is laughable and uncorrelated.

Bro,stand on one side biko..

@denials
Igbos is upto 45 or 55million in population,
so we don't care about those tribes that re so confuse about their ancestral lineage to join us..
Nsogbu Adi ro..

5 Likes

Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by soonest(f): 4:10pm On Apr 24, 2015
This thread has really been enlightening to say the least. Superior argument wins it anytime anyday.

1 Like

Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by tonychristopher: 4:16pm On Apr 24, 2015
how superior , thanks for your objectivity. we argue here like brothers with facts

so what part of arguement were you interested in

soonest:
This thread has really been enlightening to say the least. Superior argument wins it anytime anyday.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (28) (Reply)

Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady / Oruko Amutorunwa (generic Names In Yoruba Culture) / Similoluwa, Sister Of Ooni’s Wife 'Steals Show' With Backside At Royal Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.