Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,093 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

Who Says Nigerians/africans Cannot Be Creative And Build From Scratch - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Who Says Nigerians/africans Cannot Be Creative And Build From Scratch (20498 Views)

Should I Build From Scratch Or Use A Framework? / Lets Build An App Together From Scratch.... Who's In? / Can Blog Be Develope From Scratch Without The Use Of Wp Or Blogger? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Says Nigerians/africans Cannot Be Creative And Build From Scratch by guyXander(m): 4:57pm On Apr 24, 2015
Re: Who Says Nigerians/africans Cannot Be Creative And Build From Scratch by Hammefeez: 5:01pm On Apr 24, 2015
Proudly Nigerian.................................

We have alot already......just wait till we finally get how to make them look like Technology.

We have.....
Okigbe
Aluwo
Ase
Egbe (disapear) etc...

All these things works in the waves, unexplainable

we get over 200 types of Magun.

If anybody can translate all Yoruba Lang in my text to English please do
Re: Who Says Nigerians/africans Cannot Be Creative And Build From Scratch by ZinoFego: 5:01pm On Apr 24, 2015
Give us electrical power and affordable internet connections and watch us light up the world!

1 Like

Re: Who Says Nigerians/africans Cannot Be Creative And Build From Scratch by mmsen: 5:14pm On Apr 24, 2015
No one said that Nigerians cannot build from scratch.
Re: Who Says Nigerians/africans Cannot Be Creative And Build From Scratch by kefmawin: 5:15pm On Apr 24, 2015
That's serious. Well There is hope
Re: Who Says Nigerians/africans Cannot Be Creative And Build From Scratch by jamillion: 5:20pm On Apr 24, 2015
Programmers need to work with hardware Engineers to achieve this, when I say hardware Engineers I didn't mean only the one with certificate cos the mistakes we nigerians keep doing is the fact that we only value those once with certificate wich most times knows nothing on a simple "capacitor" but holding distinction, if I can design slaping robot I need u as a programmer to instruct the robot when to slap, that's how it's done, not by just developing application on made in another countries hardware.
Re: Who Says Nigerians/africans Cannot Be Creative And Build From Scratch by slimzeyy: 5:24pm On Apr 24, 2015
baybeeboi:
this app no fit carry me go my village nau.
Abi e d work without network?
Make una wait make we belleful first as Oyibo talk am

shallow minded modafuka
Re: Who Says Nigerians/africans Cannot Be Creative And Build From Scratch by koyyess: 5:34pm On Apr 24, 2015
Except someone comes to derail this thread, this thread has an 80% chance of dying a natural death. Reason?, negroes easily develop headaches as far as development and technological advancement is concerned. Most are afraid of change.But when it comes to women and marriage, they get exited. The number of pages on threads concerning women and marriage should tell you the priority of a typical black. Sorry op. If you doubt,ask those few black geniuses abroad who decided not to return.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Says Nigerians/africans Cannot Be Creative And Build From Scratch by overlord77: 5:34pm On Apr 24, 2015
naijainfogalery:
hmmm you dont understand what techcabal meant by building from scratch, for example, if the site uses a navigation system, did they build it? it must have been integrated from another system

The truth is building from scratch is like reinventing the wheel, sometimes it could be time wasting and our ecomony doesnt give you room for that. imagine building a site like facebook for 1 year and after building it, you still come and beg people to register.

True talk bro. Who needs you reinventing the wheel when someone somewhere already has a perfectly working script or class you can easily call.
However, some of us get these objects and try to tweak them to suit our peculiar needs. Ever heard of RAD? No clients wants you spending months on a project you can deliver in couple of days.

Nevertheless, I and a couple of programmers I know have written and published objects being constantly utilized.
Re: Who Says Nigerians/africans Cannot Be Creative And Build From Scratch by Porthable(m): 5:47pm On Apr 24, 2015
if u think nigerians have not done enough, check innovations like nairaland.com, ngfeeds.com, jumia among others then re write the thread
Re: Who Says Nigerians/africans Cannot Be Creative And Build From Scratch by baybeeboi: 5:53pm On Apr 24, 2015
slimzeyy:

shallow minded modafuka
wow! This guy sabi english o
Re: Who Says Nigerians/africans Cannot Be Creative And Build From Scratch by saasala(m): 5:55pm On Apr 24, 2015
naijainfogalery:
hmmm you dont understand what techcabal meant by building from scratch, for example, if the site uses a navigation system, did they build it? it must have been integrated from another system

The truth is building from scratch is like reinventing the wheel, sometimes it could be time wasting and our ecomony doesnt give you room for that. imagine building a site like facebook for 1 year and after building it, you still come and beg people to register.

GBAM!!!
Re: Who Says Nigerians/africans Cannot Be Creative And Build From Scratch by akigbemaru: 6:44pm On Apr 24, 2015
Why Africans cannot build from the scratches? No technology from the scratch just copy-cat from the other.
Re: Who Says Nigerians/africans Cannot Be Creative And Build From Scratch by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 24, 2015
http://mgixt.com was created from scratch.. No installed script... A naija based social network to find people that do same thing as you in ur local area.
Re: Who Says Nigerians/africans Cannot Be Creative And Build From Scratch by moderatorr1: 6:57pm On Apr 24, 2015
Techcabal refused to talk about our software after submitting articles to them. And contacting each of them one on one by email
why would they come to say Nigerians can't build from scratch again?
we built from scratch - a social network.
And have been running for 3,years now.
www.Brainterm.org
Re: Who Says Nigerians/africans Cannot Be Creative And Build From Scratch by AdeniyiA(m): 7:22pm On Apr 24, 2015
scribble:
I want to build an app that will make you a billionaire after download. That way poverty ends.
great one, it should be able to cut off human head and place it in a calabash to dispense raw cash.... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Who Says Nigerians/africans Cannot Be Creative And Build From Scratch by Johny2015: 7:52pm On Apr 24, 2015
Have you guys heard of www.academicleague.com ? The site was built from the scratch. A social network for students.
Re: Who Says Nigerians/africans Cannot Be Creative And Build From Scratch by abubaka101: 7:53pm On Apr 24, 2015
jamillion:
Programmers need to work with hardware Engineers to achieve this, when I say hardware Engineers I didn't mean only the one with certificate cos the mistakes we nigerians keep doing is the fact that we only value those once with certificate wich most times knows nothing on a simple "capacitor" but holding distinction, if I can design slaping robot I need u as a programmer to instruct the robot when to slap, that's how it's done, not by just developing application on made in another countries hardware.
Your comment deserves much attention. Most programmers aren't engineers, and vice versa. It's high time we started levaraging interdisciplinary opportunities to innovate what will solve our societal and business problems.

1 Like

Re: Who Says Nigerians/africans Cannot Be Creative And Build From Scratch by abubaka101: 8:01pm On Apr 24, 2015
akigbemaru:
Why Africans cannot build from the scratches? No technology from the scratch just copy-cat from the other.
All technology builds on previous advancements. There were no motocycles prior to the 20th century. And when they came, it was merely about putting an engine in a bicycle.
There would have been no Google, Facebook or Youtube if somebody hadn't innovated the computer from what being merely a business machine.
So innovations begat innovations. Things aren't truly created from scratch.

2 Likes

Re: Who Says Nigerians/africans Cannot Be Creative And Build From Scratch by directonpc(m): 8:50pm On Apr 24, 2015
Bro nice work but no over hype yourself sha
Re: Who Says Nigerians/africans Cannot Be Creative And Build From Scratch by naijainfogalery: 9:10pm On Apr 24, 2015
Can you share more light on the RAD thing?
overlord77:

True talk bro. Who needs you reinventing the wheel when someone somewhere already has a perfectly working script or class you can easily call.
However, some of us get these objects and try to tweak them to suit our peculiar needs. Ever heard of RAD? No clients wants you spending months on a project you can deliver in couple of days.

Nevertheless, I and a couple of programmers I know have written and published objects being constantly utilized.
Re: Who Says Nigerians/africans Cannot Be Creative And Build From Scratch by JSmart4u(m): 9:17pm On Apr 24, 2015
Sweetguy25:
Are you using this thread as an advertisement platform?
lolz nah wetin i also suspect ooo
Re: Who Says Nigerians/africans Cannot Be Creative And Build From Scratch by ifyan(m): 9:19pm On Apr 24, 2015
scribble:
I want to build an app that will make you a billionaire after download. That way poverty ends.

I believe you are dreaming. But come to think of it did you know your idea will bring more trouble to the world.

Not hating. Bro.

You know. .......
Re: Who Says Nigerians/africans Cannot Be Creative And Build From Scratch by kingvectorv(m): 9:55pm On Apr 24, 2015
You sure Say dis 1 no go lost me 4 road
Re: Who Says Nigerians/africans Cannot Be Creative And Build From Scratch by pak: 8:58am On Apr 25, 2015
naijainfogalery:

Nicely put
People like the OP are actually the reason why we are backward.
Technology itself is about building on the strides of previous achievements.
It's about providing solutions in the best and most efficient way not about proving a point
Re: Who Says Nigerians/africans Cannot Be Creative And Build From Scratch by ekenetheorg(m): 11:43am On Apr 25, 2015
Sweetguy25:
Are you using this thread as an advertisement platform?

Nope, you kinda missing the point, It's not for advert, else I would have pleaded for registration. If not, I want to see more Made in Nigeria products, and that's why this thread was created.
Re: Who Says Nigerians/africans Cannot Be Creative And Build From Scratch by ekenetheorg(m): 11:48am On Apr 25, 2015
naijainfogalery:

Yeah, building from scratch can be time-consuming and like re-inventing the wheel. But some things should be built from scratch. For example, a Nairaland built from scratch will give room for greater flexibility and upgrade, not depending only on the mods made available by the SMF (Simple Machine Forum) contributors. Look at Twitter, between when it was launched and now, it has changed a lot. Same with Facebook. Can you imagine what would have happened if they chose a micro-blogging software or a forum software to install. But the point of scratch is just to see if we have nice stuffs built from scratch, not about the merits and the demerits
Re: Who Says Nigerians/africans Cannot Be Creative And Build From Scratch by ekenetheorg(m): 11:52am On Apr 25, 2015
KpStone:
In as much as you are creative and innovative, you shouldn't channel your innovative energy trying to prove someone wrong. You can never be successful that way. Let your inventions focus on adding value to society. That way, everybody wins.

Yeah sure, no bad feelings about what was said there. It's just like in losing a debate, the whole point would just be to discover points from both sides, and in this case maybe to discover more Made in Nigeria stuffs built from scratch. If you checked my post, you would notice that I said, "as true as what they said might be!"

So, I'm trying to prove them wrong, but no energy focused in there so much to distract me.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Who Says Nigerians/africans Cannot Be Creative And Build From Scratch by overlord77: 11:57am On Apr 25, 2015
naijainfogalery:
Can you share more light on the RAD thing?

Rapid Application Development
Re: Who Says Nigerians/africans Cannot Be Creative And Build From Scratch by ekenetheorg(m): 11:58am On Apr 25, 2015
AZeD1:
I've not read the article but if "RoadPad" is your defence, then the article is right. RoadPad is nothing new and if will drill down, Roadpad is basically a CRUD app.

Like someone advised earlier, you don't need to spend your time proving people wrong.
Create, read, update and delete is just basics, but maybe I didn't need to give more details. Data manipulation is just what Facebook does to the input you feed to them to connect you better. Maybe you have never been challenged before and know what it's like to work with big data. For your info, we have over a billion routes so if you can do anything magical besides CRUD and manipulation of the data, let me know. With Examples!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Says Nigerians/africans Cannot Be Creative And Build From Scratch by ekenetheorg(m): 12:01pm On Apr 25, 2015
ZinoFego:
Give us electrical power and affordable internet connections and watch us light up the world!
I think creators of the past have less than you have now, and yet they were able to create and invent. forget Govt and do what you can

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Multi-Player Whot & Ludo Game For Phones: Please Help Us Test This App / Viewing And Creating Reports In Java - Share Ur Experiences / So You Want To Be A Programmer...?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.