Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,611 members, 7,823,662 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits (19825 Views)

Short Ankara Gowns For Women / N90,000 BUDGET -wedding Rings, Cards, Gowns/accessories, Groom Suits/shirts,tie / Weddings Gowns, Rings, Banquet Chairs And Tables, And Marquee Tents At Benkol. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 23, 2015
kiss
lack of insight I guess.
Why rent a gown for over 30k while you can buy better gowns from China per order at same price? You can still rent it out, make more money.
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by Skoopy(m): 9:37am On Apr 23, 2015
Gals topic grin
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by beekaymee(m): 9:37am On Apr 23, 2015
If for seperate wedding ……… d woman is prudent or broke and d man is Just trying to have d best wedding experience ………ASA PALATALA cheesy
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by vizkiz: 9:38am On Apr 23, 2015
you don't see a lady putting on her wedding gown on a normal day...do you?

So I guess a wedding gown for a female is just a one day thing
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by Nobody: 9:38am On Apr 23, 2015
Wel..the gown is just a one day outfit,while d suit is a all time outfit.

#myopinion
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by otemanuduno: 9:39am On Apr 23, 2015
After wedding day u can't be wearing wedding gown about but after wedding day you can be wearing suit about.
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by adellam16(f): 9:40am On Apr 23, 2015
Dbestmax:

how abt giving to dia daughter... an honor for d white though
my dear its possible at d time of d daughter d gown is either old fashioned to her or not her size(kid culd b fatter or slimmer dan mom).
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by uchwar1: 9:41am On Apr 23, 2015
because men can wear suit to occasions and women can't wear wedding gown to occasions
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by An2elect2(f): 9:43am On Apr 23, 2015
nairaman66:
Women are generally expensive!

why shouldn't we be
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by charlsecy(m): 9:43am On Apr 23, 2015
The answer is clear. Re-usability!
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by nekaa(f): 9:43am On Apr 23, 2015
There are very few places you can go in a wedding gown...

But I'd like to have mine for keeps sha...
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by generalissimo(m): 9:46am On Apr 23, 2015
Dbestmax:

Habaah! Be realistic now. The wedding gown to be given to daughter would have been at least 25 years old fashion (oldskool). Which daughter would want to wear that in this everyday fashion-changing world
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by hizaya61(m): 9:46am On Apr 23, 2015
Dbestmax:
just asking...won't they love to still reminisce sometime

you can only wear the wedding gown once but the suit anytime you feel like wearing it
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by ice234: 9:52am On Apr 23, 2015
Because suit can be worn again and again but a wedding gown can't be worn again after the wedding day, provided she doesn't re-marry
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by nairaman66(m): 9:54am On Apr 23, 2015
An2elect2:

why shouldn't we be

And yet you people don't want men to stereotype the ladies.. The ladies are way too expensive to keep up with! cheesy
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by feelme3(m): 9:55am On Apr 23, 2015
ziqqz:
Simple...

You can wear the suit again and again 5x a week.
You cannot wear a wedding gown twice.
Are you really that retarded that you can't figure it out yourself?
SMH

Classic!!! Some questions sef.
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by idee25(f): 9:58am On Apr 23, 2015
kenny091:
Cos men can still wear suits after the wedding day. But a woman can only wear her wedding gown ones.
I am sorry but i don't believe that. it is advicesable that women should wear or sow wat they can wear again in future. some wedding gown can be ur dinner wear one day. give designer wey sabi.
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by adanny01(m): 10:01am On Apr 23, 2015
Dbestmax:

A designer suit can be gotten for as low as 25k while a designer wedding gown starts from atleast 70k. The suit can be an every day clothing after 1st use while the wedding gown can only be worn once in a lifetime.

How can one justify lets say 100k for a wedding gown that will be used for a day to a 25k suit that can be worn twice or more times a month for up to 5 years or more. The gown can only be rented out by the owner after use or sold back with so much depreciation.

My wife wore a rented gown that was as expensive as me and my best man's suit put together. I can only imagine if she had bought that gown.
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by shammah1(m): 10:06am On Apr 23, 2015
Stuupid and irrelevant question
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by Kizyte(m): 10:06am On Apr 23, 2015
Dbestmax:
Wedding gown should not be rented, it should be bought and kept after the wedding for remembrance
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by kingolovich(m): 10:06am On Apr 23, 2015
There are different types of wedding gown o. The massive type, like the one GEJ's daughter wore on her wedding and the small type like u see in all this white movies where they just wear simple white armless gown. I think u can always wear the simple kinds over and over again.
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by tintingz(m): 10:08am On Apr 23, 2015
kenny091:
Cos men can still wear suits after the wedding day. But a woman can only wear her wedding gown ones.
Op your answer.
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by Bants(m): 10:09am On Apr 23, 2015
Women rent but charge the men the actual price of the wedding gown
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by TI1919(m): 10:12am On Apr 23, 2015
I hope one day women will start using ordinary gown instead of wasting money on something they cannot wear after marriage is a total waste of money and very senseless thing to do. I must not wear suit on my wedding day and the woman must not wear the so called gown for wedding. We should be able to have a simple wedding.

grin
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by wallex1983(m): 10:22am On Apr 23, 2015
If you are a Yoruba man and you would like to use all these big agbada 'ofi', you better rent too, cos it would be useless thereafter
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by flo13: 10:22am On Apr 23, 2015
pr 20
For any event whatsoever, ranging from corporate events(book launch, AGM, etc) weddings, couple's showers, bridal showers,baby showers to diaper showers, Naming Ceremonies, house warming, Graduation/Convocation and Church/Mosque events,Birthdays etc- Flo' Konsult is what you need. All you have to do is paint a picture and we'd bring it to life.
We provide Catering services,rental services, Small chops,Cakes,Chapman,asun, decoration, MC, DJ, Security, classy ushers, wedding gowns, bridal train wears, grooms' suit, bouquet, flex,customised website for couple, etc. We package events in a unique way,bringing your dream event alive and memorable. Contact us on 2B2E5CB3 or call 08035733235,08071968251.

Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by queridasally(f): 10:24am On Apr 23, 2015
Lol...a woman can't wear the wedding gown again,so I think its wisest to rent a wedding gown...the man can always wear the suits, even to work the next monday.
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by Catalyst4real: 10:30am On Apr 23, 2015
Dbestmax:

You mean After their Daughter is Grown up about 25 years?
Would you let your Wife Wear a 25 years Old Wedding Gown to Your Wedding?
Mind you, the colour of the Wedding Gown will no More be White. grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by kelkicwinner(m): 10:30am On Apr 23, 2015
In America, a nice female wedding gown cost over $4000 while a man wedding suit cost about $500 to $700. Watch TLC '' SAY YES TO THE DRESS'' and you will understand. grin
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by Tchiman(m): 10:30am On Apr 23, 2015
kenny091:

The woman can wear the wedding gown again on their anniversaries......eg silver, golden and diamond jubilees........it can also serve as a memento!!! cheesy
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by obstead200(m): 10:31am On Apr 23, 2015
I remember that it cost me about N30,000 to rent a wedding gown for my wife. Yet My suit and my shoes which I bought brand new from a boutique did not cost up to dat amount. only God knows how much I wud have spent if I were buying a wedding gown outright

so the question is thus answered.
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by timilehing(m): 10:46am On Apr 23, 2015
Dbestmax:

Yeeee? Buraku? You mean to keep it for the next 25 years? In this world that everything change daily?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Children At Makoko, Lagos Celebrate Children's Day / After My Wedding,my Club Members Refused To Pay My Right Bc Of Chicken / A Most Classy Wedding (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.