Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits (19795 Views)

Short Ankara Gowns For Women / N90,000 BUDGET -wedding Rings, Cards, Gowns/accessories, Groom Suits/shirts,tie / Weddings Gowns, Rings, Banquet Chairs And Tables, And Marquee Tents At Benkol. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by Tantidora(f): 10:50am On Apr 23, 2015
In my culture,
when the lady die, the dress she wear on her traditional marriage and wedding is wh@ she wil take 2 the grave.
Usually the traditional one is fold and but beside her in e coffin
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by adanduka: 10:57am On Apr 23, 2015
BECAUSE NO BUSINESS IN NIGERIA RENTS MALE SUITS grin
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by Jay5000(m): 10:58am On Apr 23, 2015
If that be the case, you can use your mother's wedding dress. grin
Dbestmax:

how abt giving to dia daughter... an honor for d white though
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by pappilo(m): 11:06am On Apr 23, 2015
It was the opposite for me. Wifey bought her wedding dress for £1000 (could have been less, cant remember) and I rented my suit for £150.
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by 2goodbobo(m): 11:28am On Apr 23, 2015
1. You can wear the suit after wedding but you can't wear the wedding gown after wedding.

2. The gown is more marketable than the suit after wedding.
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by buchilino(m): 11:30am On Apr 23, 2015
d suit i wore 2 my wedding was 6k, meanwhile my wife's wedding dress was close to 20k. if a wedding dress was less than 10k, i dont think we be having dis debate. sad
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by Mzflexydeeva(f): 11:31am On Apr 23, 2015
Renting is simply because of cost. Buying a nice gown here in Nigeria a lady should budget nothing less than a 100 thousand but with 30thousand she can still get the same gown on rental. Again, it's just for a couple of hours so I don't see any reason why she should spend so much more so she's never going to use it except in situations where she wants to be buried in it. For the guy, the reasons are numerous.
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by Godsate: 11:40am On Apr 23, 2015
Just because men can still be using the suit after the wedding
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by ignis: 11:41am On Apr 23, 2015
ziqqz:
Simple...

You can wear the suit again and again 5x a week.
You cannot wear a wedding gown twice.
Are you really that retarded that you can't figure it out yourself?
SMH

As simple as that. ..
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by efonat(m): 12:06pm On Apr 23, 2015
By then, it would have been old school
Dbestmax:

Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by wman(m): 12:22pm On Apr 23, 2015
The wedding gown can never be worn again. The suit can be reworn over and over.

For your PC,Android and PSP games,1080p HD movies,T.V series and documentaries, tutorials, downloads of anything you need, check us out at https://www.nairaland.com/1035742/garnet-pc-games-sale-cheapest
We deliver all over Nigeria and we are tested and trusted.
Full catalogue is available at j .mp/adlisting

MK X, FIFA 15, GTA V now available
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by sped1oro(m): 12:25pm On Apr 23, 2015
they only rent gown because its cheaper to go with, but the wedding gowns nowadays can be transformed into a dinner gown so long as a professional Tailor(like my wife) handles it.
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by yomi007k(m): 12:36pm On Apr 23, 2015
Dbestmax:
just asking...won't they love to still reminisce sometime
Oga, money no dey to dey Reminisce oo grin
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by lolop(m): 12:37pm On Apr 23, 2015
what I wore on wedding shoe,suit and Bold tie not up to 20k

But my wife all what she wore cost like 70k

But I know most lady don't like the idea of Renting a wedding

The Gown is just there while me have been wearing my suit to office
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by sleemfesh: 12:49pm On Apr 23, 2015
demmy0325:
Ma wife wont b among dose dah wil help dem rent wedding gown in jesus name... Amen.. Once in a lifetime event.. If U dnt av money for gown... Y nt jst sew white lace.... Nonsense!...

Don't worry.
When you grow up and are about to marry, I will like to hear your view on this again.
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by Nobody: 12:52pm On Apr 23, 2015
toogentle:
For several reasons.

First there is the issue of reuse. A man can reuse the gown several times after that while she can't.

Secondly, there's the issue price. New gowns are much more expensive than new suits. So it's cheaper for a guy to buy his suit than for her to buy hers.
e woo!!! a man can re-use the gown??!! shocked my brother no vex shey na gown you wear for ur wedding day..or u plan to wear?! embarassed shocked lipsrsealed tongue
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by demmy0325(m): 1:02pm On Apr 23, 2015
sleemfesh:

Don't worry.
When you grow up and are about to marry, I will like to hear your view on this again.
.. You must be sick... Confirm sickness.. If u want to rent weddin gown for ur own wife.. Dahs ur p.. Nt mine.. Nd get off ma mention... Rubbish!..
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by Emmahunk(m): 1:12pm On Apr 23, 2015
Is the answer not simple?
Men can always wear the suit for other occasions but wedding gown is worn only once. What's the point wasting money on something you can only use once
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by fpeter(f): 1:12pm On Apr 23, 2015
Dbestmax:
just asking...won't they love to still reminisce sometime

Wedding gowns are generally more expensive than suits and the lady may never wear it again
After her wedding, so why invest so much in a dress you won't even wear for 24hrs? In my
opinion, buy it only if you can afford it...rent if you can't, there are a vast variety of designs
to choose from....#iboughtminethough wink
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by JudgementHammer: 1:39pm On Apr 23, 2015
It shows how transient the life of a woman or anything that has to do with a woman is. Their decisions, clothings such as d wedding gowns mentioned in the OP, material and financial generosity and even d honour and respect that comes from a woman is never stable. Except u give them money always. In fact that's the only stable thing about them-collection of money. The day u don't have much they won't remember all uve done in d past. Such a transient nature.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by mamadsquare: 1:43pm On Apr 23, 2015
Renting for 30k? Why not buy good material and sew and it can even still be converted into something else.
Bought mine though. I remember I was very angry at hubby for spending 75k on it.
But its worth it sha, brought it out of the box a few days ago and all the memories came flooding back.
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by NemzySeries(m): 2:11pm On Apr 23, 2015
Oboi man fit wear hin suit go work on monday morning but woman no fit wear gown go work or church after marriage na xcept if her head don enter reverse or if d wedding gown na d type of deeper life ooo
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by afolayangs(m): 2:21pm On Apr 23, 2015
me rocking my own suit while ma wife looking for someone to buy her gown.
kenny091:
Cos men can still wear suits after the wedding day. But a woman can only wear her wedding gown ones.
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 23, 2015
wedding gowns are like sanitary pads once you used them uv got to disposed, despite the high cost, it pays to hire instead of buy
I mean what woman keeps her gown for her daugther, the fashion of wedding gowns changes with time, unlike mens suit thats constants.

always remember wedding gowns = glorified sanitary pads

Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by adorable29(f): 3:45pm On Apr 23, 2015
Dbestmax:

and who told you am not

Following your logic, it will be lovely and romantic (huhn?) to see your son wearing your wedding suit on his wedding day.

Really though, unless its a very very expensive (millions of dollars), fashion forward wedding gown, don't be so cruel as to expect your unborn daughter to wear ur cheap aba made dress on her wedding day. No be everything oyibo do we must copy.
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by lordtim001(m): 3:47pm On Apr 23, 2015
This is why i dnt like creating a post.Majority of people will yab and lambast u.Smh.Nairalanders ehn!Its true sha bt the bride can still wear it to their 10th year,25th year or 50th year anniversary if she keeps shape or doesnt die!
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by Nobody: 3:50pm On Apr 23, 2015
The man is the Spender. Suits can be used subsequently by the groom but a wedding gown cannot be reused by the bride..

Women items are also too costly..
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by Nobody: 4:09pm On Apr 23, 2015
kenny091:
Cos men can still wear suits after the wedding day. But a woman can only wear her wedding gown ones.

ONCE not ONES.
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by blessyndbest(m): 4:39pm On Apr 23, 2015
becos wedding gown can only be worn once.....
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by smithadam: 5:43pm On Apr 23, 2015
Dbestmax:

dat one fit happen for only oyinbo land... nigerians always go for the latest trend
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by expozey(f): 6:20pm On Apr 23, 2015
Men can always wear their suit whenever they like. Wia woman wan wear wedding gown go again after that day?
If you can afford it, buy. Otherwise rent.
My opinion.
Re: Why Do Women Rent "Wedding Gowns "And Men Buy New Suits by Nickymezor(f): 6:51pm On Apr 23, 2015
It's all abt CHOICE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do You Feel When A Billionaire Speaker Makes Very Short Speech At An Event? / Children At Makoko, Lagos Celebrate Children's Day / After My Wedding,my Club Members Refused To Pay My Right Bc Of Chicken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.