Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,062 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn –alison-madueke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn –alison-madueke (876 Views)

Nigeria Audits 33 Companies, Uncovers N450b Unremitted Revenue / NNPC Has No Record Of Nigeria's Actual Crude Oil Production Per Day / NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn –alison-madueke by malipberry: 7:02am On Apr 23, 2015
The Minister of Petroleum Resources Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, on Wednesday disclosed that the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation has started refunding the $1.48bn unremitted fund into the Federation Account as recommended by an audit firm, PriceWaterHouse Coopers.She however did not disclose how much has for far been refunded by the corporation.She also denied reports that she was seeking the assistance of some highly-placed persons in order to escape prosecution for alleged corruption from the incoming administration of the President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari.Alison-Madueke spoke with State House correspondents at the end of the weekly meeting of Federal Executive Council at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.It will be recalled the Federation Account Allocation Committee had on Monday night constituted a committee to find out the reasons for the delay in the refund of the sum.PriceWaterHouse Coopers had in the report of its forensic audit report of the corporation recommended that the NNPC should refund the amount to the Federation Account.Alison-Madueke however explained that the unremitted fund was owed by the NPDC for a block that had been assigned from the NNPC to the NPDC.She said, “The PriceWaterHouse Coopers forensic audit that was done few weeks ago in his recommendation mentioned that $1.48bn was owed by the NPDC for a block that had hitherto been assigned from the NNPC to the NPDC which is its subsidiary.“They felt that the right process would be that the NPDC will refund that money to the Federation Account. The NPDC has apparently started those refunds and it is also in discussion with the NNPC and the DPR on same. So the refund has actually began.”While saying that the payment was being done under her directive, she insisted that the sum was not missing but transferred by the NNPC to the NPDC.The minister also denied media reports that she was reaching out to some prominent Nigerians, including a former military Head of State, Gen. Abdusalami Abubakar (retd.), to seek soft landing from the incoming government.She said she had in the course of her job as minister met with elder statesmen across the country and wondered why her meeting with Abubakar would be singled out.The minister said she could not be seeking for a soft landing because she was not aware that she had committed any crime.She said, “I have not sought such assistance because I am not aware that I have been indicted of any crime that I will need a soft landing.“Over the last four years, I have many times been unfortunately accused and libelled in so many malicious and vindictive ways.“I have explained these things and pushed back robustly on these accusations and I have even gone to court on many of them. Yet, they keep being regurgitated."

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/nnpc-has-started-refunding-unremitted-1-48bn-alison-madueke/
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn –alison-madueke by Kollyk11(m): 7:06am On Apr 23, 2015
The earlier d better
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn –alison-madueke by Nobody: 7:09am On Apr 23, 2015
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn –alison-madueke by bewla(m): 7:11am On Apr 23, 2015
u
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn –alison-madueke by Young03(m): 7:13am On Apr 23, 2015
I need my share
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn –alison-madueke by SEEMESEEMEO(m): 7:15am On Apr 23, 2015
Pls, has anyone seen the forensic audit report by pricewaterhouse coopers? Cos I haven't and I'd really love to see that report. It should be made public, nigerians deserves to have access to that report.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn –alison-madueke by Greyworld: 7:15am On Apr 23, 2015
Is it fear or courage that propels her thus?
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn –alison-madueke by walexGodson(m): 7:18am On Apr 23, 2015
Thieves
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn –alison-madueke by ORACLE1975(m): 7:21am On Apr 23, 2015
True Or false?
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn –alison-madueke by Rilwayne001: 7:27am On Apr 23, 2015
Buhari should not be deceived by this.
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn –alison-madueke by efilefun(m): 7:27am On Apr 23, 2015
She's still gonna lose some beauty and weight on kirikiri
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn –alison-madueke by efilefun(m): 7:28am On Apr 23, 2015
Rilwayne001:
Buhari should not be deceived by this.
This one no fit deceive baba.... He's too clever for this hardened criminals
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn –alison-madueke by HolyHero: 7:30am On Apr 23, 2015
you are still going to jail
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn –alison-madueke by fabulousmann(f): 7:40am On Apr 23, 2015
na so Umaru Dikko talk o until Buhari brought him back to Nigeria
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn –alison-madueke by malipberry: 7:41am On Apr 23, 2015
SEEMESEEMEO:
Pls, has anyone seen the forensic audit report by pricewaterhouse coopers? Cos I haven't and I'd really love to see that report. It should be made public, nigerians deserves to have access to that report.
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn –alison-madueke by myola777(m): 7:41am On Apr 23, 2015
Can u imagine if we don't change these robbers, all the money would just vanish like that without being traced. It is clearly glaring the reason they call our president 'clueless'
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn –alison-madueke by emeka2847: 7:48am On Apr 23, 2015
Bring the while audit report commot first
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn –alison-madueke by takleboy(m): 7:50am On Apr 23, 2015
Chai, billions of dollars oo nawao. Hear some crazy figures and begin wonder that Nigeria is that rich, God go purnish all d looters coz average nigerian is not happy oo
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn –alison-madueke by W3xy1(m): 7:51am On Apr 23, 2015
The stuff is 20billion and nt 1 billion o
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn –alison-madueke by Nobody: 7:52am On Apr 23, 2015
The fear of GMB is the beginning of wisdom now stealing is now corruption.
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn –alison-madueke by letsbet(m): 7:57am On Apr 23, 2015
they better return our money before it gets too late.the fear of GMB is the.....
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn –alison-madueke by SEEMESEEMEO(m): 8:16am On Apr 23, 2015
letsbet:
they better return our money before it gets too late.the fear of GMB is the.....
GMB should appoint another firm to re-audit that account. ....I dont trust the current one.
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn –alison-madueke by Qmab: 8:21am On Apr 23, 2015
Now, this is getting interesting.
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn –alison-madueke by yommyphresh(m): 8:27am On Apr 23, 2015
[size=50pt]chisos!!! shocked shocked shocked[/size]
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn –alison-madueke by Nobody: 8:38am On Apr 23, 2015
The fear of Buhari the beginning of integrity.
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn –alison-madueke by Nobody: 9:15am On Apr 23, 2015
Tam David West waiting to take over....Judging by his record this woman may end up in jail.

Na when Buhari announce Tunde Bakare as head of EFCC and Jega as head of ICPC. Then NNPC top managers go dey apply for voluntary retirement....some from hiding though grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn –alison-madueke by Bishop4bella(m): 9:20am On Apr 23, 2015
The fear of Buhari is the beginning of wisdom to avoid prison.

Sai baba thanks for coming into power.
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn –alison-madueke by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 23, 2015
Where the money been de? And what about the interest, e de come with abi e still remain for hidden account?

(1) (Reply)

The Deceit Behind OSAMA'S DEATH. / Oyo State Governor Evading Election Tribunal Service. / 3 Reasons Why Women Don't Last In Public Offices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.