Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,261 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) (87712 Views)

Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. / The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians / Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by gloriana(f): 11:10am On May 07, 2015
saaedlee:

Let's hear the idea...
wink in private if u dont mind
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Edusouls(m): 11:47pm On May 09, 2015
cococandy:
i just dey laugh your ignorance. grin

Men outnumber women. #fact!
u are too unreal and fake, open ur eyes in time and face the real world..
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Nobody: 10:01pm On Nov 05, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Don't not be worried for single ladies rather be worried about men like you who foolishly think that polygamy and variety is the best solution. There are thousands and millions of monogamy relationship in the world. You can go back to 100bc if you are obssessed with polygamy. Stop quoting the bible upside down! And what makes you think am single? Responsible men are thinking of settling down and raising a family with a loving woman;and one mumu is thinking of getting 10wives! Don't quote me again.

you are the one who should et an education on the sociology, anthropology and history of marriage itself! If you had an education of them all, you wouldn't spit such nonsense and ignorance about the institution, Polygamy. And when i say polyagmy, i mean Polygyny and polyandary.

I suggest you just shut up before you continue to make a fool of yourself!
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Ihuomadinihu: 6:38am On Nov 07, 2015
craziebone:

you are the one who should et an education on the sociology, anthropology and history of marriage itself! If you had an education of them all, you wouldn't spit such nonsense and ignorance about the institution, Polygamy. And when i say polyagmy, i mean Polygyny and polyandary.

I suggest you just shut up before you continue to make a fool of yourself!
Lmao! This article is not for foools like you. By the way,there are different types of feminism. Pick a book and learn about it. Smh!
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Waladade4luv(m): 7:57am On Nov 07, 2015
They dont want to rush in so as not to rush out
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 07, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Lmao! This article is not for foools like you. By the way,there are different types of feminism. Pick a book and learn about it. Smh!

haha! I think the word "fools" like you have used it here, means: a GENIUS. Xiexie for that compliment!

Of course i know there are different types of feminism and i also know that we are in the third wave of it at the moment. Oh, my bad! I should have made special reference to the third wave of it and not the entire thing.
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Olomubj: 5:06pm On Nov 07, 2015
To be honest with ourself,according to that story those ladies are the delima of their 9roblems how can a grown woman allowed their 9arent to be in control of their life,what a pity never the less no 9ro9er education on relationship in Nigeria may God see us through
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by NaNaYaaah(f): 2:06pm On Nov 10, 2015
hmmm now i fear sef!! now i wanna get married asap before i turn 29 sad

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by diva90: 7:23am On Nov 17, 2015
MRBrownJ:
@OP
there are few issues here:
FIRST: NIGERIANS BELIEVE WOMEN MUST BE MARRIED TO BE VALUED
the solution to this problem lies in changing the prehistoric mentality of Nigerians who believe that the life's aim of any woman is to be married and have children (and that parents should have the last say on the matter). from their early age, parents beat that notion into young girls brain so these ladies will grow up believing that they aint shiit unless a man take them as wives.... and their parents approval is the do or die on the matter. the roots of that tree is rotten and we have to change it if we want to make better apples.

SECOND: ACCEPTING YOUR FATE
if you are +35, then you have lived about 17yrs seeking for that "Mrs" status without success, and since you know the social environment you live in, i suggest you let it go and accept that maybe it aint for you (and/or go insult your parents who refused all suitors that came your way). but hopefully by then, you have a great job that you can fully focus on. i am sure you are comfortable with who/what you are and i sincerely hope you dont settle for the 1st donkey that come your way, out of desperation.

sadly you have to accept the possibilities that you may be a gf (at best), for the rest of your life. there is no point still seeking for marriage when you see what you are up against out there. any +35 woman who still desperately seek for Mr right has to seriously answer the simply question: "why?".

THIRD: MEN AINT CRAZY
if you are a successful/beautiful/sexy +35yrs old woman, and yet still single, you have to look within yourself to know what drive men away from you. too high expectations? thinking to high of yourself? wrong character? NO morals? NO class? NO integrity? a good responsible woman does NOT stay single for long on the market, and a stubborn conceited woman need to fully accept that she may be single for a while. unfortunately, you best have a diamond cootie cat if you are ugly broke +35, and expect to compete with all them young 18+ women out there who are (as well) desperately looking for a husband to save them out of their misery.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST: LETS BE REAL HERE
what man in his right mind would settle for someone that passed her early 30s, when there are gazillions of young beautiful energetic 18-20yrs old out there desperately seeking for "any" well to do man to marry them? the younger men (18-30) out there would desire someone their own age, the mid range men (30-40) would look at these women and question why they havent been married all this time, and instead they would settle for someone "fresher" ranging from 25 to 30..... and the older men (40 and up) would mostly seek for an arm candy at this stage of their lives, and therefore also settle for the younger desperate women out there that are freely available in 9ja. so the reality is, pass 30 these women are indeed "old cargo".

3 and 4 are very true. The irony of all this is that many of them don't even care these days. So far as there is money and they are doing well, they automatically take consolation in that.
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Pidggin(f): 8:48pm On Nov 17, 2015
Funny how some people keep drinking panadol for another person's headache. My late uncle married at the age of 25 yet he did not have any child till he died at close to 60! Need I mention his wife? She married at 23, she did not bear a child of her own. Life is based on each person's destiny, no matter how fortunate you have been, you will have to leave this world one day, and none of your children, your spouse or relative will go with you. You came alone, you will leave alone. The only thing you will be remembered for is for the lives you touched while still here. Is marriage the most important thing on earth? to some maybe yes, but to others NO, it all depends on the individual concerned. We tend to do things without statics "alarming number of unmarried women" says the OP based on his own feelings, not actual data or fact. There are actually many more married ladies within that age bracket than singles, in any case this is not a Passport to heaven.

7 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Ade3000yrs(m): 2:25pm On Sep 08, 2016
Kudos bro! great job
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Ade3000yrs(m): 2:31pm On Sep 08, 2016
Another hard truth
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Mskrisx(f): 10:41am On Sep 09, 2016
Very foolish people! You think the world revolves around marriage abi? Naaaa life has gone past that! If you think say na lie ask my cousin sister as e be for am now.

Marriage has never been,should never be and will never be a yard stick for measuring anybody's worth. So in other words, once you marry, all your problem go finish abi? @21 I know some of my friends that are married but omo when they see me them dey give way! Free matter joor.

*faints* angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by slydog(m): 8:35am On Sep 12, 2016
Mskrisx:
Very foolish people! You think the world revolves around marriage abi? Naaaa life has gone past that! If you think say na lie ask my cousin sister as e be for am now.

Marriage has never been,should never be and will never be a yard stick for measuring anybody's worth. So in other words, once you marry, all your problem go finish abi? @21 I know some of my friends that are married but omo when they see me them dey give way! Free matter joor.

*faints* angry angry angry

No body is forcing u to marry pls
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Mskrisx(f): 9:35am On Sep 12, 2016
slydog:

No body is forcing u to marry pls

Bros chop shiit! D wan wey don dry sef
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 12, 2016
cococandy:
The more single women out there, the more single men.

I know plenty of guys that age who are still single.
Why is nobody on their case?
Abi the ladies go marry themselves?

#rolls eye.

no mind d op, carry woman for head,like blackboard. there are lots of single guys out there, bored and praying every night for their specs..

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by slydog(m): 1:57pm On Sep 12, 2016
Mskrisx:

Bros chop shiit! D wan wey don dry sef

Lol, e pain nam
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Mskrisx(f): 2:50pm On Sep 12, 2016
slydog:

Lol, e pain nam

Allow me eat this meat in peace! angry

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by BigBashiru: 11:28am On Jan 09, 2022
The number is not really alarming, the only thing is that women are now marrying in their 30s and no more in their 20s...

And that's why cheating is inevitable....
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by BigBashiru: 12:45pm On Jan 09, 2022
rockcitie:

Please must you talk if you have nothing meaningful to say? What makes you think that a woman above 30 would also not find a matured man (close to 40 years)? Do you think it's everyone who is interested in settling down with "little girls"? Please speak for yourself alone. What works for you may not work for others.

Many men may not want to settle with "little girls"... they will settle with a 35 yr old girl and have kids sex (sex for kids) and have the fun erotic sex with young girls.... nature cannot be cheated....

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by BigBashiru: 12:49pm On Jan 09, 2022
mekybabe1:
The rate at which married men sleep around with anything in skirt is enough to scare many single ladies. Men are dogs! It's in their DNA!mtshewww

Its becos women marry late and men like it young and fresh
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by BigBashiru: 12:53pm On Jan 09, 2022
Ihuomadinihu:

Don't not be worried for single ladies rather be worried about men like you who foolishly think that polygamy and variety is the best solution. There are thousands and millions of monogamy relationship in the world. You can go back to 100bc if you are obssessed with polygamy. Stop quoting the bible upside down! And what makes you think am single? Responsible men are thinking of settling down and raising a family with a loving woman;and one mumu is thinking of getting 10wives! Don't quote me again.

Getting 10 wives makes more sense all round...
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by BigBashiru: 1:04pm On Jan 09, 2022
Dragonking:

That verse is a prophecy and as most of prophet Isaiah prophecies they will come to pass. I am already preparing for polygamy when I am ready to get married and won't mind taking you as wife number 5. grin

The truth is bitter but it is the best. Our ancestors got married to more than one wife and there were no serious issues about plenty single ladies lining up the road praying to get married. Whether you like it or not the word of God will come to pass.

Polygamy is the best form of relationship for a man.... it makes women respect you.... it eliminates concentration risk. It keeps women on their toes.... it helps you not be desperate or being devastated when a woman leaves. For a man practicing polygamy, when a woman backs out of a wedding the man won't be devastated he would simply marry the next available person.....

Polygamy for me all the way....

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Pictures From Evina's Pre Wedding Shoot. / Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. / "My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.