Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes (123600 Views)

Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern / Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC / 4 Universities Approved To Run E-learning Degree Programmes In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by denssing: 3:31pm On Apr 23, 2015
I doubt ur take on UNN unless dey have changed of late.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by fair14: 3:34pm On Apr 23, 2015
FUTO is the worst. Those that finished in 2007 are yet to get their result. I plead you never to go there because I am a victim.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by honestbabe(f): 3:34pm On Apr 23, 2015
NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY AWKA ANAMBRA STATE IS NO. Its federal university but pull out from ASUU because of frequent strike
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by pobosky20(m): 3:36pm On Apr 23, 2015
Mtchewwwwww
No Nigerian University can guarantee you a masters degree in time (two years or under a year). Just consider these;
strikes,
lecturers factors (eg lazy supervisors),
students factors (lazy students), etc.
All these and of course others can affect your graduation in these schools. Mind u, professional masters are easier (at least) when compared to academic masters (eg issues of defence come up here. You know what I mean).
My advice to every students is to be serious,or else u will spend 7 yrs running an m.sc or MBA course.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by ycmdng(m): 3:37pm On Apr 23, 2015
Blurry:
Please remove Unilag from this list?

I am yet to see a school that will frustrate you as much as this school.

Speaking as an Ex-Msc student....abandoned the programme
I am still very much interested in one of their masters course at MSc level. Can you render any help? I so much appreciate it. Don't want to gamble with the few cash i have.
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by otunbadan(m): 3:38pm On Apr 23, 2015
literarymathy:
With the increased quest for postgraduate education by Nigerians, getting admitted for a Masters or PhD in a Nigeria university is now becoming a task. Gone are the days when graduates had a secured job placement immediately after school. Getting a masters degree in now a 'normal thing' right after NYSC, and there are those who never stopped their education till they obtained their PhD
Doing your masters within record time in a Nigerian university could be another issue altogether, as many postgraduate students are frustrated in their postgraduate programme. This would help you decide which Nigerian University has the fastest postgraduate [especially masters] programme. You can add your suggestions.

The Private Universities: There are over 20 private universities in Nigeria, but the more significant ones in terms of quality include Covenant University, Babcock University, Madonna, African University of Science and Technology, Lead City, Ajayi Crowther and a few others. This universities, all privately owned offer the shortest time to obtained your masters degree. In a private Nigerian University, you should obtain your masters degree in about 10 months. Generally, they begin their session in September and end in June.

University of Ilorin: University of Ilorin has made a name for itself as the only federal university in Nigeria whose academic calender has not been broken/altered in over 7years. This has made the school a go-to place for postgraduate studies in Nigeria. Getting admitted for a masters in UNILORIN is very competitive, because of its reputation. Depending on other factors like you thesis supervisor e.t.c, you should obtain you masters degree from UNILORIN in about a year.

University of Lagos: It is one of the most expensive federal universities to do your masters, but if you work hard, favoured by your thesis supervisor and choose a modest research topic, you should be through in about 14 months. While there are many variables that could extend it for longer, you would not be frustrated by your masters degree programme, except you are just so unlucky.

[b]University of Nigeria, Nsukka: UNN is generally overlooked as a place for postgraduate studies because the school is not located in a city. UNN is one of the fastest place to obtain your masters. Infact, in engineering and sciences, you can obtain your masters degree in less than a year. It is usually tougher in the faculty of education, where you will have to make many presentations and seminars plus challenging thesis proposal. For a hard working student, with other positive variables in place, you should be through with your masters in 18 months.[/b]

University of Ibadan: Ibadan has become an Harvard of some sort to many prospective postgraduate students. Getting admitted for a masters in Ibadan could be very tough, but the programme is not so herculean. Once you scale through the course work, you are expected to present your thesis within 6 months. Plus or minus, you should be through in 18 - 21 months.

************************************************************************************************************************

University of Calabar: This school is overlooked by people but it is one of the best bet in terms of quality education at the PG level. They have a good staff strength and the admission process is meant to select the best which in turn makes them spurn out only the best as well.

Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife: This is another premier institution in Nigeria. They are known for the concessional entry method which makes admission fast and direct. Their academic calender is well suited towards an exactly 18 months graduation pace. It is a truly remarkable institution. However, it should be noted that the masters programme itself is herculean in nature especially the point where the thesis or dissertation is written. However, with a good supervisor, the student will scale through in record time.

Lets keep it rolling... Add more!

OP is high on ORIGIN for putting UNN, maliciousness will make you a legend if you finish in 18months,bet me

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by LKO(m): 3:48pm On Apr 23, 2015
I think d NUC new rule makes masters programme a minimum of 18 months. Masters degree programme in d political science dept of UNN is quite fast but same cannot b said of other depts. In UNN, u wud finish ur course work in record time(a session comprising two semesters), but d project writing aspect causes d delay(in most cases about 15 months or even two or more years). Its usually not d students fault, most times d HOD causes d delay. They do not fix time for proposal and presentations quickly. Sadly, u keep paying fees every session. The UNN Ph.D programme in most of their depts is a no go area. I personally have a super intelligent mentor who did his Ph.D programme in UNN for almost 10years in Psychology. Its never d man's fault, d system made it so.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by mightycrown1(m): 3:53pm On Apr 23, 2015
THE GREATEST IFE IM ON MY WAY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by muktar10(m): 3:54pm On Apr 23, 2015
hamaworld:
Nasarawa state university Keffi.. And also ur brain too.

Coz if u dull... 12 yes b4 u might even finish any post grad studies
Nsuk na for wewe........
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 23, 2015
Emyben:
Haba... Why is UNIZIK always underrated? In 18 months or less, you are through with your Masters. And mind you... In almost 18 years, i think Unizik have participated in ASUU strike just once.
Why do you think, Unizik and Unilag has the highest number of applicants each year in both their Bachelor and Masters programme?

For real?

Three of my friends who started their MSc programme in UNIZIK in 2012 are still on it today. One of them told me just last week that he has finally decided to abandon the programme.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by oluemmakay(m): 3:56pm On Apr 23, 2015
Can anyone help me universities that offer Phd in Business Education apart from OOU and UNN??
Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by bunlizlaw(f): 3:57pm On Apr 23, 2015
Blurry:

I spent about 9 months for my MA English Language programme.I started on 19th May,2014 and wrote my last paper on 17th January,2015.My Convocation is next week Thursday. I must confess that Unilag is pretty fast and as such the Op's claim is true.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by JayJustus(m): 3:59pm On Apr 23, 2015
University of Sunderland... I rep
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by Nobody: 3:59pm On Apr 23, 2015
AAUA nko
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by blessingvictor: 4:01pm On Apr 23, 2015
With all sense of humility and sense of conviction, National Open University of Nigeria has a shorter period for MBA. U know wen u're getting in and wen u are actually getting out. No delay from anybody except yourself.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by Nobody: 4:04pm On Apr 23, 2015
how is the m.sc analytical chemistry like in unilag?
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by Emyben(m): 4:07pm On Apr 23, 2015
Radoillo:

For real?

Three of my friends who started their MSc programme in UNIZIK in 2012 are still on it today. One of them told me just last week that he has finally decided to abandon the programme.

He should tell you his secret reason. You cant defend ya project/thesis if you don't pass all your courses. He prolly has an outstanding course that's preventing him from his thesis defence.
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by Lekewatt(m): 4:13pm On Apr 23, 2015
Lagos state uniforeversity......LASU grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by darlenese(f): 4:19pm On Apr 23, 2015
UNIBUNK grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by greatsodade(m): 4:28pm On Apr 23, 2015
Blurry:

That is serious...
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by kingsclass: 4:32pm On Apr 23, 2015
I think RUST port harcourt is the worst.If you are lucky you can complete your masters degree program in 36 months.
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 23, 2015
Wat abt Unizik
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 23, 2015
bunlizlaw:

I spent about 9 months for my MA English Language programme.I started on 19th May,2014 and wrote my last paper on 17th January,2015.My Convocation is next week Thursday. I must confess that Unilag is pretty fast and as such the Op's claim is true.
That's my discipline too. Although I'm a literature major. What's the schedule of fees like in UNILAG and how's the admission process like? I have some one who intends applying there for English as well. What about accommodation and other stuffs? Finally, when is the application normally started yearly?
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by sonnie10: 4:36pm On Apr 23, 2015
themodernman:
Anyone with info on Masters in Public Health in the United States.
Check this and thank me later; Mdanserson.org.edu . One of the best and fees are low.
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by greatsodade(m): 4:38pm On Apr 23, 2015
oathman:
UNILORIN is always on every list.... nd some people dey beef am

Na bad belle dey worry them jare.
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by menacity(m): 4:42pm On Apr 23, 2015
Okpowe your father.
Okpowe you see the thing @Delsu
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by Bigii(m): 4:47pm On Apr 23, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY (DELSU), ABRAKA
Did u read d topic at all Dem d talk about animals with HORN u com d mention RAT. DELSU na SCHOOL

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by PreciousGem(f): 4:48pm On Apr 23, 2015
IBBUL grin
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by Bigii(m): 4:53pm On Apr 23, 2015
Lekewatt:
Lagos state uniforeversity......LASU grin grin
Choi!!! I detest DAT school with a very deep passion. Picture of misery :p

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 23, 2015
Everybody visit www.ipsng.org and thank me later...its strictly for engineers who want to finish there msc under the petroleum/offshore engineering purview within 12months...

You experience the best enviironment for learning and the best of facilitators from the industry, academicians(professors) both local and foreign..

wink

I enjoyed my msc programme there..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes by saintandsinnerz: 5:03pm On Apr 23, 2015
Unizik is the worst school to do PG

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) / A Thread For Prospective Industrial Training (SIWES) Students. / No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.