Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,275 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:23 AM

What Actually Is The Meaning Of Science That Religious believers are Against - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Actually Is The Meaning Of Science That Religious believers are Against (1790 Views)

BIBLE: The Author And Believers Are Still Primitive! / How People (believers) Are Going To Hell Fire With 911 Buses - Elizabeth, Italy. / Dear Nigerian's, Do You Know The Meaning Of These Symbols (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Actually Is The Meaning Of Science That Religious believers are Against by menesheh(m): 5:33pm On Apr 23, 2015
What is the core meaning of science literally and practically that compelled creationists to attack it and still they are the first to use the outcome of it, for example, medicines , automobiles , space explorations outcomes, architecture and technology as a whole instead of them to solely depend on the directives of their holy books.

Science is good in other ways of their Enterprises but to evolution by natural selection, no no - creationists

Creationism and science debate

Creationism god created the universe and everything in it and if one believe and pray to god, all your sicknesses will be things of the past and your hard desires will come to you.

Science mmh, why not whenever you are sick, forget our (science) medicine and pray to god.

Creationism no no, God created those things for human use both plant, animal and everything on earth.

Science mmmh but you are too lazy to solve problems with those things and resorted to super natural which have no any effects on human welfare since time immemorial.

Creationism no no only those that have faith and believe in him that receives the good things of the Spirit

Science haha i help both those who believe in me and those who do not. These is no preferential treatment or sensor to those who actually believe in him in the physical world, you then still resorted to after life. Abeg go jare i no get your time.

Creationists no wahala god will punish you

2 Likes

Re: What Actually Is The Meaning Of Science That Religious believers are Against by menesheh(m): 5:39pm On Apr 23, 2015
Davien
Plaetton
Re: What Actually Is The Meaning Of Science That Religious believers are Against by Nicklaus(m): 6:05pm On Apr 23, 2015
Attack you said You have just finished attacking. I have never met a so-called creationist attacking science. I mean why would they God created everything and gave wisdom to understand it. So dear OP prevent truth decay and brush up your bible, no atheist hell.
Re: What Actually Is The Meaning Of Science That Religious believers are Against by menesheh(m): 6:20pm On Apr 23, 2015
Nicklaus:
Attack you said You have just finished attacking. I have never met a so-called creationist attacking science. I mean why would they God created everything and gave wisdom to understand it. So dear OP prevent truth decay and brush up your bible, no atheist hell.

Science is good in other ways of their Enterprises but to evolution by natural selection, no no - creationists

Am mostly referring to evolution by natural selection that have mountains of evidence pointing to the same thing just like other scientific enterprise accepted by creationists

1 Like

Re: What Actually Is The Meaning Of Science That Religious believers are Against by plaetton: 6:34pm On Apr 23, 2015
The answer is cognitive dissonance.
The mind is conflicted when it holds or accepts two perspectives that contradict each other.

If you accept all scientific theories or propositions, then your religious beliefs immediately come into ridicule.

At this juncture, cognitive dissonance causes the person to lash out in a knee jerk reaction, in order to preserve the status quo of the more primitive, limbic part of the brain.

4 Likes

Re: What Actually Is The Meaning Of Science That Religious believers are Against by Nicklaus(m): 7:31pm On Apr 23, 2015
menesheh:

Am mostly referring to evolution by natural selection that have mountains of evidence pointing to the same thing just like other scientific enterprise accepted by creationists
Even scientist are in a fix with that you know. No standard proof of anything mostly vague and logical assumptions
Re: What Actually Is The Meaning Of Science That Religious believers are Against by davien(m): 7:58pm On Apr 23, 2015
Nicklaus:
Even scientist are in a fix with that you know. No standard proof of anything mostly vague and logical assumptions
So the same dna confirmation thaT could mean life or death in a courtroom is vague?

1 Like

Re: What Actually Is The Meaning Of Science That Religious believers are Against by davien(m): 8:17pm On Apr 23, 2015
And menesheh....creationism is about using one's belief to rationalize everything....there can be no contradiction if you presuppose you already have all the answers or in creationist logic', you've heard it from someone who's always been there...

So since science doesn't claim to have "always been there"...creationists think their beliefs are superior to science ,so no matter what science says the belief must be 100% correct...

In situations where science is overwhelmingly against the belief creationist put on "god glasses"( a.k.a confirmation bias) where they screen the topic that's against the belief with their own form of inquiry-"creation science", which is dedicated to apologetics and reinterpretations of evidence to create an illusion that evidences are subject to one's belief...

So if you throw something you think is evidence, creationists have been conditioned to take it as your "interpretation" of "the same evidence"....so under creationist interpretation it's still evidence of creation.....

It's just like pleatton said, cognitive dissonance....personally I'm not happy about it....It's to me a form of dementia...you can look no further than OLAADEGBU to see what I mean...

2 Likes

Re: What Actually Is The Meaning Of Science That Religious believers are Against by Nicklaus(m): 8:54pm On Apr 23, 2015
davien:
So the same dna confirmation thaT could mean life or death in a courtroom is vague?
I don't see the sense here. Even cats have dna. I want to know why they don't think like humans. Is it because there is sth mysterious about us
Re: What Actually Is The Meaning Of Science That Religious believers are Against by davien(m): 8:47am On Apr 24, 2015
Nicklaus:
I don't see the sense here. Even cats have dna. I want to know why they don't think like humans. Is it because there is sth mysterious about us
why would a cat think like a human when it's not human? undecided
in case you didn't know dna can be used to trace one's ancestry....it's how we know for certain all humans descended from Africa and how we confirmed our taxonomy among apes(sub-type of apes) thus cross-confirming evolutionary links....

You can check out phylogenetics http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phylogenetics

I won't be able to reply for sometime now,my phone is damaged...

1 Like

Re: What Actually Is The Meaning Of Science That Religious believers are Against by Nicklaus(m): 10:13am On Apr 24, 2015
davien:
why would a cat think like a human when it's not human? undecided
in case you didn't know dna can be used to trace one's ancestry....it's how we know for certain all humans descended from Africa and how we confirmed our taxonomy among apes(sub-type of apes) thus cross-confirming evolutionary links....

You can check out phylogenetics http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phylogenetics

I won't be able to reply for sometime now,my phone is damaged...
Really! Yea I know about the primitive age and how the whites are the recently evolved ones. I keep asking myself why everyone isn't white after all. Because that would mean all blacks ll soon be extinct. PopPyCocK !
Re: What Actually Is The Meaning Of Science That Religious believers are Against by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 24, 2015
Nicklaus:
Really! Yea I know about the primitive age and how the whites are the recently evolved ones. I keep asking myself why everyone isn't white after all. Because that would mean all blacks ll soon be extinct. PopPyCocK !
You can always google all these things undecided
Re: What Actually Is The Meaning Of Science That Religious believers are Against by Nicklaus(m): 1:15pm On Apr 24, 2015
DProDG:

You can always google all these things undecided
A mere evolution semantics isn't enough for me. I want conviction from a strong Darwinist fan.
Re: What Actually Is The Meaning Of Science That Religious believers are Against by plaetton: 1:43pm On Apr 24, 2015
Nicklaus:
A mere evolution semantics isn't enough for me. I want conviction from a strong Darwinist fan.
Funny.

If your science class couldn't teach you the ABCs of Darwinian evolution, why is it now the responsibility of anyone else to convince you ?
Towards what end?

Perhaps it's time you discover something called books, and a place called the library.

No intelligent person depends on another person TO CONVINCE him of the veracity of universally accepted scientific theory that is critically important ,with wide implications in agriculture, medicine, industry and history.

Get of your butt and kickstart your appetite and curiosity for knowledge, unless you are one the majority that site down in church to let all manner of semi-literate fraudsters define their worldview.

2 Likes

Re: What Actually Is The Meaning Of Science That Religious believers are Against by Nicklaus(m): 7:13pm On Apr 24, 2015
plaetton:

Funny.

If your science class couldn't teach you the ABCs of Darwinian evolution, why is it now the responsibility of anyone else to convince you ?
Towards what end?

Perhaps it's time you discover something called books, and a place called the library.

No intelligent person depends on another person TO CONVINCE him of the veracity of universally accepted scientific theory that is critically important ,with wide implications in agriculture, medicine, industry and history.

Get of your butt and kickstart your appetite and curiosity for knowledge, unless you are one the majority that site down in church to let all manner of semi-literate fraudsters define their worldview.
FUNNY U. I like science a lot u know, I ve got a D in it but real eyes realizes real lies so I don't believe in evolution. It amazing how atheist maintains this medium to taunt religion. God doesn't believe in atheist so they don't exist. Stop being a side-kick for evil.
Re: What Actually Is The Meaning Of Science That Religious believers are Against by Nobody: 9:03pm On Apr 24, 2015
Nicklaus:
FUNNY U. I like science a lot u know, I ve got a D in it but real eyes realizes real lies so I don't believe in evolution. It amazing how atheist maintains this medium to taunt religion. God doesn't believe in atheist so they don't exist. Stop being a side-kick for evil.
Nicklaus:
What does this even mean? You admitted you do not know much about the subject and went on to reject it. Then again went on to say you "like science". You're obviously used to being convinced by pastors/imams but sorry, science doesn't work like that.
Re: What Actually Is The Meaning Of Science That Religious believers are Against by Nicklaus(m): 11:17pm On Apr 24, 2015
DProDG:

What does this even mean? You admitted you do not know much about the subject and went on to reject it. Then again went on to say you "like science". You're obviously used to being convinced by pastors/imams but sorry, science doesn't work like that.
angry I could ask you the same thing. Nothing ruins the truth like stretching it.
Re: What Actually Is The Meaning Of Science That Religious believers are Against by Nobody: 11:25pm On Apr 24, 2015
Nicklaus:
angry I could ask you the same thing. Nothing ruins the truth like stretching it.
Huh?

(1) (Reply)

Comparative Religion / Cheapest Church Flyer, Books,posters Design / Happy 53th Birthday To Prophet Tb Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.