Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,090 members, 7,821,768 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Hard Fact (difference Btw Private University And Public), With Picture. #FUTO - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hard Fact (difference Btw Private University And Public), With Picture. #FUTO (8247 Views)

Difference Between State University And Federal University / Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User / 10 Cheapest Private And Public Universities In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hard Fact (difference Btw Private University And Public), With Picture. #FUTO by mikaj(m): 8:28pm On Apr 24, 2015
zeongeon:
I have seen how it makes pple better nah by lecturers using outdated textbooks and handouts, by not being exposed to practicals, by being exhorted by lecturers who will fall u, sorting lecturers, saddist lecturers that pride themselves in failing students, lack of internet access in school and at d end we have graduates that can't defend there certificate, can't speak good english or express themselves...it doesn't make u stronger, it ruins U...when u say it makes u stronger and better is when ur academic standards are so HIGH that u have to work really hard to do well.

Dude with all these, we still manage to get first class and 2.1. I could vouch that a 1st class student in mechanical engineering (private uni) can't stand a 2.1 student of the same department in FUTO. Who born them well. Proudly futoite.
Re: Hard Fact (difference Btw Private University And Public), With Picture. #FUTO by Sibrah: 8:32pm On Apr 24, 2015
Venom104:

Yes they are occupying the top positions because their privileged parents know how they got them there.. an average strong 2.1 student is better than a first class graduate from a private university.. Let these first class crammers into courses that require deep understanding and intelligence, that is where you will see them falter. i agree the standard in private universities is higher and every information is spoon fed to them, public universities have a lot of catching up to do in that regard, but i tell you, they produce better professionals..
The private unis r regulated by public uni graduates like urself via NUC, so what's ur wahala with standard? Record shows that the average fed uni is more expensive than private uni. It is only a matter of who is paying the bills. How do u even start comparing a system where u can subvert 45-50% of workload by sorting, cheating or changing of scores to a system where u can go back to dig out scripts of students for remarking 5 years later? All these un quantifiable allegation of 2.1 is actually this and that is nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Hard Fact (difference Btw Private University And Public), With Picture. #FUTO by Sibrah: 8:37pm On Apr 24, 2015
mikaj:

It shall be well with ur ancestors and me.
it shall be even better with me.in Jesus name. Amen!
I had to inform u abt this cos u referred to my ancestors and urself.
Re: Hard Fact (difference Btw Private University And Public), With Picture. #FUTO by mikaj(m): 8:38pm On Apr 24, 2015
Sibrah:
The private unis r regulated by public uni graduates like urself via NUC, so what's ur wahala with standard? Record shows that the average fed uni is more expensive than private uni. It is only a matter of who is paying the bills. How do u even start comparing a system where u can subvert 45-50% of workload by sorting, cheating or changing of scores to a system where u can go back to dig out scripts of students for remarking 5 years later? All these un quantifiable allegation of 2.1 is actually this and that is nonsense.

Make I hear say all those things you listed don't happen in private uni. Either you ve few friends in private uni, or don't ve any or u be CERTIFIED CHURCHY. Bro if u know ur way,u did stay at home and finish 4yrs in private uni.
Re: Hard Fact (difference Btw Private University And Public), With Picture. #FUTO by mikaj(m): 8:39pm On Apr 24, 2015
Sibrah:
it shall be even better with me.in Jesus name. Amen!
I had to inform u abt this cos u referred to my ancestors and urself.

Lol. I try put our ancestors na. Mi selfish with my prayers Ooº°˚˚°ºoo.
Re: Hard Fact (difference Btw Private University And Public), With Picture. #FUTO by Sibrah: 8:48pm On Apr 24, 2015
mikaj:

Make I hear say all those things you listed don't happen in private uni. Either you ve few friends in private uni, or don't ve any or u be CERTIFIED CHURCHY. Bro if u know ur way,u did stay at home and finish 4yrs in private uni.
You mean in schools where u take special permission to go out for few hours and must attain 80% attendance of lectures to qualify for exam abi? Keep shifting the the imaginary goal post ehn!
Even with the fact the script are kept u still decide to compare a system that hardly keep certificate records.
Re: Hard Fact (difference Btw Private University And Public), With Picture. #FUTO by mikaj(m): 8:53pm On Apr 24, 2015
Sibrah:
You mean in schools where u take special permission to go out for few hours and must attain 80% attendance of lectures to qualify for exam abi? Keep shifting the the imaginary goal post ehn!
Even with the fact the script are kept u still decide to compare a system that hardly keep certificate records.

Like I said, u ain't informed. No worry, u wouldn't understand how it happens even if I spell it out in ABC.
Re: Hard Fact (difference Btw Private University And Public), With Picture. #FUTO by Sibrah: 8:57pm On Apr 24, 2015
mikaj:

Like I said, u ain't informed. No worry, u wouldn't understand how it happens even if I spell it out in ABC.
Inform us now. Mr Informed.
Re: Hard Fact (difference Btw Private University And Public), With Picture. #FUTO by mikaj(m): 9:07pm On Apr 24, 2015
Sibrah:
Inform us now. Mr Informed.

Ma binu. No comment. No vex
Re: Hard Fact (difference Btw Private University And Public), With Picture. #FUTO by Fabzgrace(f): 9:19pm On Apr 24, 2015
Kudos guys.
Get on with d arguments.
Re: Hard Fact (difference Btw Private University And Public), With Picture. #FUTO by zeongeon: 10:13pm On Apr 24, 2015
mikaj:

Dude with all these, we still manage to get first class and 2.1. I could vouch that a 1st class student in mechanical engineering (private uni) can't stand a 2.1 student of the same department in FUTO. Who born them well. Proudly futoite.
first class and 2.1 in a bad educational system is nothing to be proud off...the irony is that some private schools have lecturers from fed or public uni lecture them...so what makes u think d private uni guy can't stand u and even do better than guyz from fed or public school with ur lecturers lecturing them, the conducive learning environment and structured educational system in the private Uni.

Face the truth nigerian educational system is nothing to be proud off at all even some private uni aint getting it right..I know of a private uni they were 30 in class and everyone did his project by him or herself no plagiarism the HOD from uni of ife saw to it..but in fed or public uni u go to other schools to steal other pples project, most can't even defend there project..its even bad that some don't even know there project topic.

infact supervised and structured education is fed/pub schools are bad.

Fed/public schools are living in past glory and students lack necessary educational exposure.

One of my uncles who went to fed/pub schools back then 60's,70's and even did mech engineering..He says it that fed/pub schools standards of then cant be compared to the present standard. Its even evident in his indepth knowledge of mech engineering.
Re: Hard Fact (difference Btw Private University And Public), With Picture. #FUTO by amokeme(f): 10:18pm On Apr 24, 2015
machinegundammy:

so you don't know that most of the highly rated universities in the world such as MIT, Havard, Stanford... are all private uni.
A prayer that someone's children shouldn't attend a private uni is actually a curse. The ealier pple realize the better
the mikaj that I prayed for said a big Amen, now, what exactly is your problem
Re: Hard Fact (difference Btw Private University And Public), With Picture. #FUTO by amokeme(f): 10:20pm On Apr 24, 2015
imsuboi:

grin

Wetin dey happen?
machinegundammy is pressing P untop my innocent prayer o cheesy
Re: Hard Fact (difference Btw Private University And Public), With Picture. #FUTO by Dramadiddy(m): 12:49am On Apr 25, 2015
Mikaj u don taste futo exam nw ure making noise.. D truth of d matter is fed unis produce wayyyyy smarter graduates than private! Waaayy smarter... They might have all the intelligence and whatnot but, in a fed school, u see the real life.. In a private uni u guys r pampered.. Just read and pass finish.. Mschew make i hear say na dere e end for fed uni
Re: Hard Fact (difference Btw Private University And Public), With Picture. #FUTO by mikaj(m): 2:14am On Apr 25, 2015
Dramadiddy:
Mikaj u don taste futo exam nw ure making noise.. D truth of d matter is fed unis produce wayyyyy smarter graduates than private! Waaayy smarter... They might have all the intelligence and whatnot but, in a fed school, u see the real life.. In a private uni u guys r pampered.. Just read and pass finish.. Mschew make i hear say na dere e end for fed uni

Yes bros. Big time
Re: Hard Fact (difference Btw Private University And Public), With Picture. #FUTO by mikaj(m): 2:19am On Apr 25, 2015
zeongeon:
first class and 2.1 in a bad educational system is nothing to be proud off...the irony is that some private schools have lecturers from fed or public uni lecture them...so what makes u think d private uni guy can't stand u and even do better than guyz from fed or public school with ur lecturers lecturing them, the conducive learning environment and structured educational system in the private Uni.

Face the truth nigerian educational system is nothing to be proud off at all even some private uni aint getting it right..I know of a private uni they were 30 in class and everyone did his project by him or herself no plagiarism the HOD from uni of ife saw to it..but in fed or public uni u go to other schools to steal other pples project, most can't even defend there project..its even bad that some don't even know there project topic.

infact supervised and structured education is fed/pub schools are bad.

Fed/public schools are living in past glory and students lack necessary educational exposure.

One of my uncles who went to fed/pub schools back then 60's,70's and even did mech engineering..He says it that fed/pub schools standards of then cant be compared to the present standard. Its even evident in his indepth knowledge of mech engineering.

In a system, we have the good and the bad. Frm what you listed, I did say the bad could definitely be found in ur private uni. Fact
Re: Hard Fact (difference Btw Private University And Public), With Picture. #FUTO by ayaside(m): 5:08am On Apr 25, 2015
I represent public varsity and yet I teach men of all spheres of life. cheesy
Re: Hard Fact (difference Btw Private University And Public), With Picture. #FUTO by Nobody: 7:13am On Apr 25, 2015
Private Or Public All Will Not Give Money To Be Proud In Life. Money Speak, The Certificate Is Just A Paper. Just Email bestnews59@gmail.com Your Name And Phone Number, The I Will Send You The Link You Need To Raise And Amount Of Money You Need To Shake The Ground*. These Re Free Money Waiting For You To Grab.
Re: Hard Fact (difference Btw Private University And Public), With Picture. #FUTO by mikaj(m): 7:26am On Apr 25, 2015
dailypay:
Private Or Public All Will Not Give Money To Be Proud In Life. Money Speak, The Certificate Is Just A Paper. Just Email bestnews59@gmail.com Your Name And Phone Number, The I Will Send You The Link You Need To Raise And Amount Of Money You Need To Shake The Ground*. These Re Free Money Waiting For You To Grab.

oga boss. E bu business man.
Re: Hard Fact (difference Btw Private University And Public), With Picture. #FUTO by zeongeon: 8:18am On Apr 25, 2015
mikaj:

In a system, we have the good and the bad. Frm what you listed, I did say the bad could definitely be found in ur private uni. Fact
whatever makes u happy.
Re: Hard Fact (difference Btw Private University And Public), With Picture. #FUTO by mikaj(m): 8:23am On Apr 25, 2015
zeongeon:
whatever makes u happy.
Touché
Re: Hard Fact (difference Btw Private University And Public), With Picture. #FUTO by imsuboi(m): 8:36am On Apr 25, 2015
amokeme:
machinegundammy is pressing P untop my innocent prayer o cheesy

Maybe he likes you tongue
Re: Hard Fact (difference Btw Private University And Public), With Picture. #FUTO by Joshuadon: 8:48am On Apr 25, 2015
sogoisrael:
This op na f.o.o.l, how u go ever think that way, well I finished from BU and my school is well above standards, I debated with oau students and we were better, even my output presently is far better, u went to a public school cos u were less privileged. As a matter of fact, a standard public school is supposed to be like BU but because of all these thieves, so Mr mofo, stop talking foolish.

correct guycheesy!!
Re: Hard Fact (difference Btw Private University And Public), With Picture. #FUTO by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 25, 2015
Nigeria is not a progressive society, that means that the older things get the less efficient they become. Look at University of Ibadan, in the 1950's this school was eating at the same table with Oxford and Cambridge. That was the period that all those great Nigerians went to the school; Wole soyinka, Chinua achebe, Flora nwakpa, etc.

And its also on this past glory that these schools seem to still be living off. They are always quick to tell you about an alumnus that left in 1950, but tell us someone that graduated within the last 10 years and is making waves?

Like, how can you come and tell me that because you had to hustle and sweat for your 65% you are more intelligent than me that got my 65% calmly by just reading? A good school is not meant to distract you with things like strike and lazy lecturers. Its meant to be a conducive environment where you can focus on only your studies.

I don't know whether a private uni like Covenant is 'better' than a public uni like FUTO or Unilag now. But in the next 10-20 years it definitely will be.

Just look at secondary schools in Nigeria in the 1990's and 1980's public secondary schools were leading the way. Now in 2015 its only schools like Loyola jesuit college(Private catholic school) we are hearing about.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hard Fact (difference Btw Private University And Public), With Picture. #FUTO by daywalker12911(m): 10:50am On Apr 25, 2015
ednut1:
convenant nd Babcock students are hot cakes during job recruitment. hv said it before nd will say again. they are brilliant. my own personal experience. i had six week trianing skul wit a bank for graduate trainee. 4 babcock 4 convenant, 6 unilag, oau uniben futo,unilorin ui. we where 25 in number. the covenant nd Babcock guys thrashed us alll. 1-3 were convenant, Babcock nd babcock. d public uni guys. we had first class like 5 among us. go to kpmg. pwc. banks. oil companies they are making waves. siddon der
oga u need serious flogging. Don't u fink u re giving out 2much info.
Re: Hard Fact (difference Btw Private University And Public), With Picture. #FUTO by tpiadotcom: 1:23am On Apr 26, 2015
Sibrah:
Record shows that the average fed uni is more expensive than private uni.

i dont see how that's possible.

do you have any evidence?
Re: Hard Fact (difference Btw Private University And Public), With Picture. #FUTO by Sibrah: 12:52pm On Apr 27, 2015
tpiadotcom:

i dont see how that's possible.

do you have any evidence?
Going by the info that the average cost per student head spent on Fed Unis is 300,000+ excluding feeding accomodation, & personal upkeep I think most public school that charge 400,000 average per head offer much more value because they have better equipment, lecturers, and environment compared to the public schools. Example is 20+ hour daily electricity supply in private schools.
Re: Hard Fact (difference Btw Private University And Public), With Picture. #FUTO by tpiadotcom: 4:21pm On Apr 27, 2015
I don't think federal universities are that expensive.

private universities cost more.
Re: Hard Fact (difference Btw Private University And Public), With Picture. #FUTO by mikaj(m): 9:18pm On Apr 27, 2015
tpiadotcom:
I don't think federal universities are that expensive.

private universities cost more.

Daycare's are always expensive.
Re: Hard Fact (difference Btw Private University And Public), With Picture. #FUTO by whoube(f): 12:34pm On Apr 29, 2015
mikaj:

There's what I am taking about. A private uni waste. FYI, I don't think ur generations have the kinda wealth mi family got.

moreover you failed post ume wella that would be one of the reasons u went to private uni. dully like u. C'mon go rewrite jamb and get urself into a better school without special Center. #Waste
Going to a private school doesn't mean u r more privileged, it also doesn't mean you failed. Some parents don't just want their offspring to spend 8 years studying a 4 year course. It also doesn't matter whether u went to a private or public school (if you are smart you are smart, if u r dull u r dull) . I don't understand the mentality of Nigerians, why do we think we have to suffer before we pass? That's why we r how we are. The difference between a private school and a public school is that your lecturers are not able to fail u anyhow, u can easily call for your results, there is no fear, that is why it's easier to do well. I recall back when I was in school and a professor from UI came and saw what we were doing for our projects and he was surprised saying this is what some msc students are doing in UI. I just need to make you understand that going to a private school doesn't mean u r dumb or wealthy, neither does going to a public school mean u r smart or less privileged.
Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UNIZIK Isn't Admitting Students Into Medicine? / ASUU To Commence A One-month Additional Strike From Wednesday, November 23 / Uk Visa And Waec Certificate Mistake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.