Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,755 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Help: Detention Of Vehicle By Police Men - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Help: Detention Of Vehicle By Police Men (630 Views)

Fayose Shuts Down Access Bank Branch Over Fani-Kayode's Wife's Detention / Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike / Look At What Police Men Do (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: Detention Of Vehicle By Police Men by Nobody: 9:53pm On Apr 23, 2015
I went to see a friend in Delta, and as I drove him to the airport about 2weeks ago, on my way home I was held by some police men on duty, they asked for my driving license and I showed them. After checking the particulars of the car they saw a different name in the particulars and another name of driver license attached to it which was owned by the guy I dropped at the airport and the car belongs to a friend in Asia and was left to be taken care of by a friend I dropped at the airport. 

The police are now saying they want to see either the guy that it's driver license was attached to the particulars or the real owner of the car in Asia whose name is in the particulars and both are not around. 

Is it proper for a police man to detain a car with original papers shown and what should I do?
Re: Help: Detention Of Vehicle By Police Men by Icecream4U(m): 10:11pm On Apr 23, 2015
Skillbobralph:
I went to see a friend in Delta, and as I drove him to the airport about 2weeks ago, on my way home I was held by some police men on duty, they asked for my driving license and I showed them. After checking the particulars of the car they saw a different name in the particulars and another name of driver license attached to it which was owned by the guy I dropped at the airport and the car belongs to a friend in Asia and was left to be taken care of by a friend I dropped at the airport. 

The police are now saying they want to see either the guy that it's driver license was attached to the particulars or the real owner of the car in Asia whose name is in the particulars and both are not around. 

Is it proper for a police man to detain a car with original papers shown and what should I do?
report to the CP of that state
Re: Help: Detention Of Vehicle By Police Men by uviesa(m): 10:13pm On Apr 23, 2015
the motor dn lost be tat...delta police no dey joke wit dix runs
Re: Help: Detention Of Vehicle By Police Men by Nobody: 9:11am On Apr 24, 2015
Icecream4U:
report to the CP of that state

But how will I see the CP?
Re: Help: Detention Of Vehicle By Police Men by onyi4edu(f): 9:18am On Apr 24, 2015
Except policemen in Nigeria have been reformed, I believe they want money from you undecided
Re: Help: Detention Of Vehicle By Police Men by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 24, 2015
Truth is the police are doing the right thing, they need to be sure that the car is not stolen. I just advice you call the guy you dropped at the airport so he can identify himself as the owner, outside that, you will need high police connection to get the car released without the owner. The law can neither protect nor support you on this one, sorry.

(1) (Reply)

APC Will Work To End Poverty Not Manage It Like PDP - Tinubu / Aliko Dangote To Buy Arsenal Football Club / PDP Falls Apart As Fayose, Muazu Contradict Each Other

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.