Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,474 members, 7,823,104 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy (13404 Views)

Urgent; What Are Your Thoughts On Mazda 6? / Are Spares Of This Mazda 6 (2009 model) Available In Naija? / Hmnm... To Buy Or Not To Buy. Mercedes Benz 1988 500 SEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by Coldplay007(f): 10:58pm On Apr 29, 2015
chucky234:
Audi has one of the worst review on edmuns.com but does that makes Audi cars bad cars?
There are no perfect cars, not even the over hyped Camry and Corolla.
Here is the link to owners ratings, these are people who owns Mazda6 and not hear-say, build quality everyone scored it 5/5, reliability 5/5.
www.autoexpress.co.uk/mazda/6/reliability
check edmunds consumer comments (consumers own the cars too) then check camry or corollas consumer comments too.. and compare...
Majority of edmunds user are in the US... not UK....
Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by chucky234(m): 11:00pm On Apr 29, 2015
Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by IdaraCHODB(m): 4:08am On Apr 30, 2015
Not In The Big Leagues Yet, But Mazda 6 Sales Are Steadily Rising

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2015/04/not-big-leagues-yet-mazda-6-sales-steadily-rising/
Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by sdpumping: 4:50am On Apr 30, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Iv seen 2 mazdas in lagos(mazda6 06), 1 at 140,000kms(actual maileage) serviced with synthetic engine oil since it arrived the country at regular intervals. Presently the engine suffered a low oil pressure and ruined the cam shafts. and the other at 170k kms, serviced regularly but smokes.(White smoke). Both cars were cared for by their nigerian owners in respect to oil changes and basic maintenance.

My first car that earned me the name Gazzuzz was a Mazda 626 1990 model hatch back 1.8liter, was bought in 1995, sold in 2005. It was the only vehicle iv owned that got me to lagos from bauchi (1050km) in 10hrs I went thru 4engines in its lifetime.

Are mazdas fast? Yep. rugged engine
wise? from what iv seen NO.

Body parts for newer mazdas cost an arm and a leg, for toks and brand new.

Would I buy a Mazda 6 or 3 or speed6 in nigeria, no I would not.

My submissions are based on vehicles with resonable actual mileage with faulty engines, it might be a conincidence but I don't buy it.

Your conclusion is wrong, they is something i want you to know that our people here believe once you service your car engine with Mobil 1 it will take you up to six months before the car due for another service. And to me i don't think so, some will even travel to far distant (Abuja) more with the car and still think the mobil 1 will do that magic for 6 months. My Uncle own a mazda 6 2007 v6 since 2009 and up till date the car is still running with all function on the car working fine.

I bought a mazda 323f v6 back in 2010 used it for 3yrs with just normal oil change and brake pad change and a friend of mine notice that this car never give any problem and decide to buy one, the car has not even serve him for 6 month before the engine start smoking. What we lack here is maintenance culture, if mazda car are not reliable America won't have allow them to sell there product in there country because they have a standard there and every manufacturer must meet that standard before allowed to market there product.

3 Likes

Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by chucky234(m): 6:53am On Apr 30, 2015
sdpumping:

Your conclusion is wrong, they is something i want you to know that our people here believe once you service your car engine with Mobil 1 it will take you up to six months before the car due for another service. And to me i don't think so, some will even travel to far distant (Abuja) more with the car and still think the mobil 1 will do that magic for 6 months. My Uncle own a mazda 6 2007 v6 since 2009 and up till date the car is still running with all function on the car working fine.

I bought a mazda 323f v6 back in 2010 used it for 3yrs with just normal oil change and brake pad change and a friend of mine notice that this car never give any problem and decide to buy one, the car has not even serve him for 6 month before the engine start smoking. What we lack here is maintenance culture, if mazda car are not reliable America won't have allow them to sell there product in there country because they have a standard there and every manufacturer must meet that standard before allowed to market there product.
Don't mind them jare, after using Mobil 1 to damage their engine they cry foul and put the blame on the manufacturer.
5w - 20 or 5w - 30 is recommended for those engines and Mobil 1 is none of either of them yet everyone scream Mobil 1.

1 Like

Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by chucky234(m): 6:56am On Apr 30, 2015
IdaraCHODB:
Not In The Big Leagues Yet, But Mazda 6 Sales Are Steadily Rising

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2015/04/not-big-leagues-yet-mazda-6-sales-steadily-rising/
The big leagues here only referred to Benz , Audi, BMW and not Camry or Accord because Mazda6 got crisper and better handling than those two.
Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by Nobody: 7:05am On Apr 30, 2015
sdpumping:

Excellent.

This is why in the past I have encourage car buyers to ONLY but cars that are available the US market.

Before a car is allowed to b sold in the US it would have gone through stringent testing. I'm not saying other countries don't do this too but I know the US does it as a certainty.
Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by Nobody: 10:37am On Apr 30, 2015
I'm learning a whole lot from all the input.
Chucky234, you recommended the V6 engine. How does it hold up in terms of fuel economy?
Thanks again for all your help
Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by chucky234(m): 11:00am On Apr 30, 2015
iamii:
I'm learning a whole lot from all the input.
Chucky234, you recommended the V6 engine. How does it hold up in terms of fuel economy?
Thanks again for all your help
The 2003 - 2006 Mazda6 come with a 3.0L V6 which is fuel efficient for a V6 engine of its size, though anyone buying a car fitted with a V6/V8 engine don't need to make fuel economy a priority.
Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by RazaqMB(m): 7:35pm On Apr 30, 2015
ii must saysay i am learning alot from this topic.. I have loved mazda6 right from the firsy time i saw the car but people always discouragef me saying parts are expensive or i can wake up one day and the car wont start etc but i am seeing different thoughts now and am so happy.
A 4cylinder version is also a good engine right? @chucky234
Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by chucky234(m): 7:39pm On Apr 30, 2015
RazaqMB:
ii must saysay i am learning alot from this topic.. I have loved mazda6 right from the firsy time i saw the car but people always discouragef me saying parts are expensive or i can wake up one day and the car wont start etc but i am seeing different thoughts now and am so happy.
A 4cylinder version is also a good engine right? @chucky234
You can get the Mazda6 fitted with 2.3L I4 engine, its strong and fuel efficient.

2 Likes

Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by Nobody: 7:54pm On Apr 30, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Iv seen 2 mazdas in lagos(mazda6 06), 1 at 140,000kms(actual maileage) serviced with synthetic engine oil since it arrived the country at regular intervals. Presently the engine suffered a low oil pressure and ruined the cam shafts. and the other at 170k kms, serviced regularly but smokes.(White smoke). Both cars were cared for by their nigerian owners in respect to oil changes and basic maintenance.

My first car that earned me the name Gazzuzz was a Mazda 626 1990 model hatch back 1.8liter, was bought in 1995, sold in 2005. It was the only vehicle iv owned that got me to lagos from bauchi (1050km) in 10hrs I went thru 4engines in its lifetime.

Are mazdas fast? Yep. rugged engine
wise? from what iv seen NO.

Body parts for newer mazdas cost an arm and a leg, for toks and brand new.

Would I buy a Mazda 6 or 3 or speed6 in nigeria, no I would not.

My submissions are based on vehicles with resonable actual mileage with faulty engines, it might be a conincidence but I don't buy it.

Nice. Pls, How good is 02 Mitsubishi Lancer or 03/04 Pontiac Vibe?
Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:58pm On Apr 30, 2015
alablec:

Nice. Pls, How good is 02 Mitsubishi Lancer or 03/04 Pontiac Vibe?

03/04 pontiac vibe is actually a toyota matrix 03/04 only body parts and a few interior parts are different.

Mitsubishi lancer I have no idea.
Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by Nobody: 10:53pm On Apr 30, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

03/04 pontiac vibe is actually a toyota matrix 03/04 only body parts and a few interior parts are different.

Mitsubishi lancer I have no idea.
Thanks.
Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by SirMalik(m): 3:26pm On Aug 10, 2015
How many mazda6 do you see on the roads??ehh? U see accord, camry and altima's not only in nigeria evn in the US, even by simply watching tv you will notice plenty accord n camrys on the US streets

(1) (2) (Reply)

Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality / Nigeria’s New Vehicle Sales Drops To Abysmal 10,000 Units / What To Do When Your Key Won't Turn During Ignition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.