Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,551 members, 7,955,053 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:31 PM

God Of War: The Movie - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / God Of War: The Movie (4051 Views)

Throwback: Olu Jacobs In "The Dogs Of War" (Pics/Video) / Who's The Best Candidate For Kratos In A God Of War Movie? / 3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Of War: The Movie by CaptPlanet(m): 5:36pm On Apr 24, 2015
Hey guys, you all remember the coolest God of War ever Kratos, right?

I think it's time Hollywood gives us a movie about this guy. They've been recycling super hero movies for some time now and I think it's time they made God of War. I mean Kratos would be so badass.

I don't know about you guys but i'm sure I want to see Kratos again. By the way, who do you think should play Kratos?
Re: God Of War: The Movie by OracleMxNelson(m): 5:39pm On Apr 24, 2015
I thought the African man that played in Blood Diamond has already been tipped for the role of Kratos

2 Likes

Re: God Of War: The Movie by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 24, 2015
Pls no film ooo it would kill the character.
Re: God Of War: The Movie by lordizak(m): 5:54pm On Apr 24, 2015
no body has been found to match d requirements, even rock no reach.

1 Like

Re: God Of War: The Movie by Elslim: 5:58pm On Apr 24, 2015
Yeah a movie will be very nice...

1 Like

Re: God Of War: The Movie by CaptPlanet(m): 6:15pm On Apr 24, 2015
OracleMxNelson:
I thought the African man that played in Blood Diamond has already been tipped for the role of Kratos

Naaaah!
He won't fit at all. Kratos isn't black na...
Re: God Of War: The Movie by CaptPlanet(m): 6:15pm On Apr 24, 2015
lordizak:

Rock will ruin it the same way he bleeped the new Hercules up. Vin Diesel won't be abd u know!

If only Goldberg was an actor... grin

1 Like

Re: God Of War: The Movie by GJames(m): 6:48pm On Apr 24, 2015
CaptPlanet:

Rock will ruin it the same way he bleeped the new Hercules up. Vin Diesel won't be abd u know!

If only Goldberg was an actor... grin
Goldberg for just learn how to act small, by now we for dey wait for God of war 2

1 Like

Re: God Of War: The Movie by CaptPlanet(m): 7:11pm On Apr 24, 2015
GJames:

Goldberg for just learn how to act small, by now we for dey wait for God of war 2

Honestly, I see him as a perfect fit when it comes to physique and mean face...lol
Vin Diesel no go bad o
Re: God Of War: The Movie by GJames(m): 7:22pm On Apr 24, 2015
CaptPlanet:

Honestly, I see him as a perfect fit when it comes to physique and mean face...lol
Vin Diesel no go bad o
Vin Diesel no get the height, neck and shoulder but he has the voice

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: God Of War: The Movie by CaptPlanet(m): 7:30pm On Apr 24, 2015
GJames:

True.. He doesn't have to be the exact same guy from the game as long as he plays it well.

Vin Diesel fit build himself more for the scene na...that guy voice na waec!
Re: God Of War: The Movie by GJames(m): 7:34pm On Apr 24, 2015
CaptPlanet:

True.. He doesn't have to be the exact same guy from the game as long as he plays it well.

Vin Diesel fit build himself more for the scene na...that guy voice na waec!
True

1 Like

Re: God Of War: The Movie by ApexTitan(m): 7:49pm On Apr 24, 2015
No no no. This is a bad idea because Hollywood will just make another CGI packed action flick with no worthy substance, dialogue or storyline.

We need original material not another adaptation, BTW have you noticed how all video game adaptations turn out to be very horrible movies (well except for Prince of Persia)?

Hollywood should stay clear of games like Uncharted, Metal Gear and God of War because I'm pretty sure they'll ruin it for true fans.

Then again let them make a Kratos movie, never really liked the game anyway so I don't care. grin
Re: God Of War: The Movie by Briareos(m): 8:37pm On Apr 24, 2015
lordizak:
GJames:

People were wondering how Tom Hardy, a middle weight and 5'8 or so guy can play Bane, a giant... but he pulled it of nonetheless. Kratos is Aki beside Bane. smiley
Re: God Of War: The Movie by GJames(m): 8:46pm On Apr 24, 2015
Briareos:

People were wondering how Tom Hardy, a middle weight and 5'8 or so guy can play Bane, a giant... but he pulled it of nonetheless. Kratos is Aki beside Bane. smiley
We love Kratos the way he is, they better not use a small to play him. It will the movie
Re: God Of War: The Movie by TheFury: 10:20am On Apr 25, 2015
It would just be another bad adaptation. Even prince of Persia was a poor movie. But still, I would like to see the GOW movie just for the thrill. Jason Momoa, built up with a shaven head and other make up would look the part. I think he could pull off the voice too. Vin diesel isn't a bad choice...but I doubt if he would act the role well. The only video game I would like to see on the big screen is METAL GEAR SOLID. As far as I am concerened there isn't anyone worthy or okay to play the legendary Solid Snake. If it takes Hollywood another 15years to make Metal Gear Saga into a movie.....a good movie. I will wait. Patiently.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Of War: The Movie by ApexTitan(m): 11:07am On Apr 25, 2015
TheFury:
It would just be another bad adaptation. Even prince of Persia was a poor movie. But still, I would like to see the GOW movie just for the thrill. Jason Momoa, built up with a shaven head and other make up would look the part. I think he could pull off the voice too. Vin diesel isn't a bad choice...but I doubt if he would act the role well. The only video game I would like to see on the big screen is METAL GEAR SOLID. As far as I am concerened there isn't anyone worthy or okay to play the legendary Solid Snake. If it takes Hollywood another 15years to make Metal Gear Saga into a movie.....a good movie. I will wait. Patiently.

How was Prince of Persia a poor movie? It currently holds the record of the most successful video game adaptation beating even Tomb Raider. It probably was not Oscar worthy but was ok, at worst average, certainly not poor.

Have you considered what a Metal Gear Solid movie would look like? I mean aside from struggling to find a fitting actor to play Snake there is the convoluted storyline to deal with. I love the game to bits but even I as a fan have not been able to form a coherent picture of what the story is all about - its damned too long and confusing. Any attempt by Hollywood to make a movie out of that game would do so much injustice to it that the United Nations might have to place sanctions on Hollywood.
Re: God Of War: The Movie by TheFury: 3:41pm On Apr 25, 2015
ApexTitan:

How was Prince of Persia a poor movie? It currently holds the record of the most successful video game adaptation beating even Tomb Raider. It probably was not Oscar worthy but was ok, at worst average, certainly not poor.

Have you considered what a Metal Gear Solid movie would look like? I mean aside from struggling to find a fitting actor to play Snake there is the convoluted storyline to deal with. I love the game to bits but even I as a fan have not been able to form a coherent picture of what the story is all about - its damned too long and confusing. Any attempt by Hollywood to make a movie out of that game would do so much injustice to it that the United Nations might have to place sanctions on Hollywood.

If you do not understand the plotline behind metal gear.....well.....I don't know what to say. Its straight forward enough. The use of flashbacks and prequels in Metal Gear Part's like "Metal Gear Rising" "Metal Gear Snake Eater" or "Phantom Pain" makes it all the more interesting. Metal Gear story in virtually all the games is usually centered on a Special Forces Agent(Solid Snake, Naked Snake, Raiden) who is sent to investigate a terrorist cell or group that always ends up having a Metal Gear Machine capable of making a Nuclear Strike. In reality, it isnt different-in story line-from any any tactical action movie you have seen. Where it differs is its characters. From Snake to Grey Fox to Psycho Mantis to The End.

A Metal Gear Movie on the big screen shouldn't be difficult to render at all. Except of course for wranglings about rights, finding the right actors etc. United Nations won't and can't say squat!!!! Do you know how many movies and novels are out there that logically should have incurred a sanction from the UN Its simply show business. Portions of the movie "The interpreter" with Sean Penn and Charliez Theron were actually filmmed in the UN building. So nothing there.

As for Prince of Persia, maybe I should have added "in my opinion". Sure it sold some..... but the movie didn't work for me at all. As for being the best video game adaptation, well I am waiting on the soon to be released "Hitman Reboot". Trailer looks dope. I hope it delivers.

1 Like

Re: God Of War: The Movie by ApexTitan(m): 4:54pm On Apr 25, 2015
TheFury:

If you do not understand the plotline behind metal gear.....well.....I don't know what to say. Its straight forward enough. The use of flashbacks and prequels in Metal Gear Part's like "Metal Gear Rising" "Metal Gear Snake Eater" or "Phantom Pain" makes it all the more interesting. Metal Gear story in virtually all the games is usually centered on a Special Forces Agent(Solid Snake, Naked Snake, Raiden) who is sent to investigate a terrorist cell or group that always ends up having a Metal Gear Machine capable of making a Nuclear Strike. In reality, it isnt different-in story line-from any any tactical action movie you have seen. Where it differs is its characters. From Snake to Grey Fox to Psycho Mantis to The End.

A Metal Gear Movie on the big screen shouldn't be difficult to render at all. Except of course for wranglings about rights, finding the right actors etc. United Nations won't and can't say squat!!!! Do you know how many movies and novels are out there that logically should have incurred a sanction from the UN Its simply show business. Portions of the movie "The interpreter" with Sean Penn and Charliez Theron were actually filmmed in the UN building. So nothing there.

As for Prince of Persia, maybe I should have added "in my opinion". Sure it sold some..... but the movie didn't work for me at all. As for being the best video game adaptation, well I am waiting on the soon to be released "Hitman Reboot". Trailer looks dope. I hope it delivers.

You see, even the way you described MGS storyline doesn't do the game any justice, that's the most abridged version ever and there is no mention of the, you know, one hundred subplots that make up each game. Heck those subplots have enough flesh in themselves to become individual games/stories. How will the movie producers do justice to any proper MGS story in the 90 minutes it takes to watch the average movie? I mean they could try but they would certainly incur the wrath of many a fan with the result.

You didn't get my hyperbole with the UN line did you? cheesy

What do you think about a Call of Duty or Battlefield movie? Now that I would love to see - there isn't any main character in either of those games so finding an actor for the lead role shouldn't be hard. They can pretty much come up with any storyline too, it just has to be a fast paced military flick shot in many foreign countries.The problem though would be that we wouldn't be able to relate it with the game. I mean what one singular element would we identify from the game? Will the whole movie be shot in first person? grin

OP no vex, I know we are skewing this thread some but a discussion such as this had to touch on these areas. A GOW movie is possible but knowing Hollywood and its preference of visuals over storyline they will most likely make a mess of it. Then again Kratos isn't much of a character himself, he rarely engages in dialogue, mainly displays one emotion which is rage and answers every question with his fists. Perfect movie for Micheal Bay to direct. cheesy
Re: God Of War: The Movie by clerkent(m): 3:42pm On Apr 27, 2015
what of block lesner
Re: God Of War: The Movie by CaptPlanet(m): 7:20pm On Apr 27, 2015
clerkent:
what of block lesner

If he can play the role, He'll be so badass!
Dude, Lesnar is huuuuge!
Re: God Of War: The Movie by CaptPlanet(m): 7:37pm On Apr 27, 2015
ApexTitan:

You see, even the way you described MGS storyline doesn't do the game any justice, that's the most abridged version ever and there is no mention of the, you know, one hundred subplots that make up each game. Heck those subplots have enough flesh in themselves to become individual games/stories. How will the movie producers do justice to any proper MGS story in the 90 minutes it takes to watch the average movie? I mean they could try but they would certainly incur the wrath of many a fan with the result.

You didn't get my hyperbole with the UN line did you? cheesy

What do you think about a Call of Duty or Battlefield movie? Now that I would love to see - there isn't any main character in either of those games so finding an actor for the lead role shouldn't be hard. They can pretty much come up with any storyline too, it just has to be a fast paced military flick shot in many foreign countries.The problem though would be that we wouldn't be able to relate it with the game. I mean what one singular element would we identify from the game? Will the whole movie be shot in first person? grin

OP no vex, I know we are skewing this thread some but a discussion such as this had to touch on these areas. A GOW movie is possible but knowing Hollywood and its preference of visuals over storyline they will most likely make a mess of it. Then again Kratos isn't much of a character himself, he rarely engages in dialogue, mainly displays one emotion which is rage and answers every question with his fists. Perfect movie for Micheal Bay to direct. cheesy

Are you kidding? That's the idea of the thread, everyone gets to let their opinion out.
MGS is nice, call of duty is still cool but ultimately, I still want to see a GOW movie anyday..
I think that Kratos' story is enough to make a movie...his family life I mean and whatever it is that made him an angry induvidual. Kratos' rage is enough more reason why I want to see it in a movie..oh and I think it'll turn out nice.

I'll want Spielberg to make the movie
Re: God Of War: The Movie by Briareos(m): 9:59pm On Apr 27, 2015
TheFury:

CaptPlanet:

Are you kidding? That's the idea of the thread, everyone gets to let their opinion out.
MGS is nice, call of duty is still cool but ultimately, I still want to see a GOW movie anyday..
I think that Kratos' story is enough to make a movie...his family life I mean and whatever it is that made him an angry induvidual. Kratos' rage is enough more reason why I want to see it in a movie..oh and I think it'll turn out nice.
I'll want Spielberg to make the movie

You guys know there is already a MGS film? Titled MGS Philantropy. Well, it was an indie film made by MGS fan. The guy that played Snake is quite good. I had my reservation before watching it, but I wasn't disappointed after seeing it. I mean, it isn't on Hollywood level or anything like that, but considering it was fan-made, i give it pass mark. Even Hideo Kojima said he shed tears after seeing the movie. Not as a result of its awesomeness, but well, for sentimental reasons.
Re: God Of War: The Movie by pabloaimar(m): 2:26pm On May 12, 2015
Personally... I feel that even if there will be a god of war movie, the character "kratos" will be played by an unknown person & this will bring him to limelight, just take a cue from Conair, the character of Poe that was played by Nicholas Cage gave him that break through in the movie industry, so I believe same thing will manifest itself in god of war (that is if there will be a movie)

(1) (Reply)

Remember These Early MTN Tv Commercials? / Live Blogging Of The 2011 Primetime Emmy Awards / Changing Faces Selected For The Christmas And The New Year Holidays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.