Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,430 members, 7,954,687 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:15 AM

A Few Words For The New Opposition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Few Words For The New Opposition (1173 Views)

Vacancy - PDP Is Dead. New Opposition Party Needed. / The New Opposition Is A Joke / Democracy's Guardian, The New Opposition Stirs. This Is The Opposition's Thread! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Few Words For The New Opposition by maclatunji: 6:56pm On Apr 24, 2015
That General Muhammadu Buhari (Rtd.) won the March 28th presidential election is no longer news. This epoch-making victory has uplifted his supporters and reduced his detractors to 'opposition mode' as they seek to analyse his every move, action or inaction with the aim of proving him incapable of leading Nigeria to greatness.

Whilst it is totally within their rights to do so, we urge them to focus on constructive rational criticism and opposition which is very much required in any democratic setting.

However, outright hateful bile, bitterness and peddling of falsehood should not be the opposition's disposition to their occupation.

We the progressives look forward to robust but civil engagements with you.

Regards,

Maclatunji

6 Likes

Re: A Few Words For The New Opposition by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 24, 2015
However, outright hateful bile, bitterness and peddling of falsehood should not be the opposition's disposition to their occupation.

Thus far .....that has been the hallmark

Sensible NL have wisely refused to dignify them with the senseless threads they keep dishing out everyday.

We will only engage them on proven actions and performance of the new government...objectively and relative to milestones and promised deliverables..

I will advise all progressives to get and familiarise themselves with the APC manifesto.

4 Likes

Re: A Few Words For The New Opposition by Nobody: 7:15pm On Apr 24, 2015
I don't ex pect the pdp to do anything right, hate and divide is their game. They will never learn from thier mistakes.

6 Likes

Re: A Few Words For The New Opposition by mohammad11: 7:32pm On Apr 24, 2015
They havenā€˜t know what it seems like to be opposition party, although the party name plays a role but the faith of pdp as opposition party depends solely on how apc get its house together.
If apc stands as one pdp will still be under dogs but if it goes otherwise for apc then pdp will bounce back soon as they claimed.
Re: A Few Words For The New Opposition by garrix8: 7:37pm On Apr 24, 2015
The Children of anger, hate and bigotry won't listen.

2 Likes

Re: A Few Words For The New Opposition by ShowYourCertificate: 8:13pm On Apr 24, 2015
maclatunji:
Regards,
Maclatunji
I think the reverse is the case. It's the APC bigots that alway resort to outright hateful bile, bitterness and peddling of falsehood (propaganda). I usually chose to ignore their insults and address whatever issues they want to raise, if there's any.
Re: A Few Words For The New Opposition by ndcide(m): 8:16pm On Apr 24, 2015
If all we have seen from the APC so far is okay for an opposition, Then I think it's in order if PDP or/ and concerned Nigerians do same.

if abusing the President, opposition every move by the government, instigating hate against the government, media blackmail, false alarm, rubbishing institutions of government to induce despondency, encouraging mutiny, going overseas to destroy the reputation of your country, belittling her achievements etc just to gain political power is okay for an APC opposition, I personally see nothing wrong if PDP does same.

In fact it will be most unfortunate if they don't.

3 Likes

Re: A Few Words For The New Opposition by omenka(m): 8:19pm On Apr 24, 2015
Bro you are talking to dead boabab trees. Matter of fact, your bringing this up would give them more impetus to continue along their trajectory of inanity and tomfoolery. The best we can do right now is pretend not to notice them, that way, they get tired of talking to themselves and retract into their dingy cocoon to lick their wounds while the General keeps delivering on his campaign promises.

They are just sore losers. Imagine criticising the quality of job of an employee when he's yet to report to duty. cheesy

Wish a lot of Progressives in here bear y kinda spirit....

2 Likes

Re: A Few Words For The New Opposition by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:23pm On Apr 24, 2015
Boko in charge.

By the power of the gun and the naievety of the South Eastern Region of the Amalgamated Nigerian Colonial Province of Britain.

Enjoy while it lasts.
Re: A Few Words For The New Opposition by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:24pm On Apr 24, 2015
omenka:
Bro you are talking to dead boabab trees. Matter of fact, your bringing this up would give them more impetus to continue along their trajectory of inanity and tomfoolery. The best we can do right now is pretend not to notice them, that way, they get tired of talking to themselves and retract into their dingy cocoon to lick their wounds while the General keeps delivering on his campaign promises.

They are just sore losers. Imagine criticising the quality of job of an employee when he's yet to report to duty. cheesy

Wish a lot of Progressives in here bear y kinda spirit....

Your certificateless general has already admitted that he not going to keep his promises.
Re: A Few Words For The New Opposition by PedroJP(m): 8:40pm On Apr 24, 2015
maclatunji:
That General Muhammadu Buhari (Rtd.) won the March 28th presidential election is no longer news. This epoch-making victory has uplifted his supporters and reduced his detractors to 'opposition mode' as they seek to analyse his every move, action or inaction with the aim of proving him incapable of leading Nigeria to greatness.

Whilst it is totally within their rights to do so, we urge them to focus on constructive rational criticism and opposition which is very much required in any democratic setting.

Regards,

Maclatunji

Hey, u 4got to mention awards the victory brought. How ur game planners named those they used in carrying out their plans influencial pple. Chimamanda for her role in gay opposition, Oby u already know hers, Buhari, no much to say and the chief executioner Shekau. All influencial cos they twisted Northern and South western brains and kicked GEJ out, nothing more, nothing less. If otherwise, tell me what made them influencial and if they are really the most influencial pple in Nigeria. Talk of compensation for a job well done.

BTW, Kanye West a singer made number 1.
Re: A Few Words For The New Opposition by socialmediaman: 8:47pm On Apr 24, 2015
Ns
ndcide:
If all we have seen from the APC so far is okay for an opposition, Then I think it's in order if PDP or/ and concerned Nigerians do same.

if abusing the President, opposition every move by the government, instigating hate against the government, media blackmail, false alarm, rubbishing institutions of government to induce despondency, encouraging mutiny, going overseas to destroy the reputation of your country, belittling her achievements etc just to gain political power is okay for an APC opposition, I personally see nothing wrong if PDP does same.

In fact it will be most unfortunate if they don't.

You guys really don't get it, to you, most people who voted out PDP are APC members, well I don't blame the PDP, they have been used to rigging so they didn't know they have been unpopular way back since 2011 even when GEJ was elected. How can someone who is used to being rigged into office know there is resentment against his party? Have you forgotten the catchphrase "I am voting GEJ, not PDP"? Yes, Nigerians have hated PDP for many years now, but due to their inability to express it at the ballot as votes hardly count, they bore it. Well the opportunity presented itself, and it became clear that only few people had benefitted from the government even with high oil revenue. Your party had built an ugly reputation in Nigeria, and if you think that criticizing a new government who is working hard to earn the trust of Nigerians will bring you support, Goodluck with that. I think the PDP should focus on restructuring its party through the remaining states they're in control of, and stop deceiving itself by presenting average candidates, Nigerians will no longer accept or tolerate such anymore, and the way I see it, getting back to office at the center is going to be a very walk for the PDP, definitely not under the present leadership who do not even understand what's going on.

1 Like

Re: A Few Words For The New Opposition by ndcide(m): 9:14pm On Apr 24, 2015
socialmediaman:
Ns

You guys really don't get it, to you, most people who voted out PDP are APC members, well I don't blame the PDP, they have been used to rigging so they didn't know they have been unpopular way back since 2011 even when GEJ was elected. How can someone who is used to being rigged into office know there is resentment against his party? Have you forgotten the catchphrase "I am voting GEJ, not PDP"? Yes, Nigerians have hated PDP for many years now, but due to their inability to express it at the ballot as votes hardly count, they bore it. Well the opportunity presented itself, and it became clear that only few people had benefitted from the government even with high oil revenue. Your party had built an ugly reputation in Nigeria, and if you think that criticizing a new government who is working hard to earn the trust of Nigerians will bring you support, Goodluck with that. I think the PDP should focus on restructuring its party through the remaining states they're in control of, and stop deceiving itself by presenting average candidates, Nigerians will no longer accept or tolerate such anymore, and the way I see it, getting back to office at the center is going to be a very walk for the PDP, definitely not under the present leadership who do not even understand what's going on.

Sorry, I had to refer to PDP, if you think it is the PDP that will put this incoming govt to task, then you are being narrow minded. Nigerians will be the ones to ask this government hard questions when the time comes. The problem with your likes is that anyone who questions any move by the APC is now from PDP, So shameful.

Look we are not going to reduce the standard of governance because it's APC. God forbid.

You can't say PDP is corrupt and APC is allowed to be corrupt or allow corrupt people to take over claiming that there are no saints anywhere, NO!

You can't accuse the PDP of being wasteful and then APC comes in to waste state resources under any justification. NO.

The present structure of APC is not deferent from that of PDP

We " THE PEOPLE OF NIGERIA" not PDP will put the incoming government on its toes.

3 Likes

Re: A Few Words For The New Opposition by ki02020(m): 9:20pm On Apr 24, 2015
Olisa mehtu (PDP loudspeaker) should take note
Re: A Few Words For The New Opposition by socialmediaman: 9:25pm On Apr 24, 2015
Lol. You're a confirmed PDP opposition tool. Buhari's government has done nothing wrong, he hasn't even been sworn in or named his cabinet, and you've started negative comments, that won't tak you anywhere, because the good people of Nigeria who voted them in have seen nothing absolutely, so you'll end up generating more resentment for your party, I feel the PDP and their supporters have a long way to go, you have to first understand why the party lost election even in their strongholds like Plateau, it wasn't APC's fault, APC did not ask them to wait till 6weeks before election before getting serious with fight against insurgency, I know pro-GEJ supporters from the north central who came to hate the man so much because of that singular act. Did the APC also ask him to remain protective of Abba Moro and Denziani? Guy, go back to the drawing board, stop the hate, just pretend to be in support of the government at least, till opportunity arises, if any. Don't be in a haste to do opposition work, you can't reclaim your lost mandate so fast, ask APC how long it took them and how much sacrifice they've made fielding Buhari against their own personal interests

ndcide:

Sorry, I had to refer to PDP, if you think it is the PDP that will put this incoming govt to task, then you are being narrow minded. Nigerians will be the ones to ask this government hard questions when the time comes. The problem with your likes is that anyone who questions any move by the APC is now from PDP, So shameful.

Look we are not going to reduce the standard of governance because it's APC. God forbid.

You can't say PDP is corrupt and APC is allowed to be corrupt or allow corrupt people to take over claiming that there are no saints anywhere, NO!

You can't accuse the PDP of being wasteful and then APC comes in to waste state resources under any justification. NO.

The present structure of APC is not deferent from that of PDP

We " THE PEOPLE OF NIGERIA" not PDP will put the incoming government on its toes.

Re: A Few Words For The New Opposition by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:26pm On Apr 24, 2015
OP, where is your fellow moderator, Ngwakwe?
Re: A Few Words For The New Opposition by PPAngel(f): 9:26pm On Apr 24, 2015
They are already feeling the heat.

Can't wait till may 29

All we need is to give Buhari a mic and that time the APC plebs will know say nah Baba one chance motor dem enter
Re: A Few Words For The New Opposition by maclatunji: 9:37pm On Apr 24, 2015
PPAngel:

Can't wait till may 29

All we need is to give Buhari a mic and that time the APC plebs will know say nah Baba one chance motor dem enter

He already made a speech on the day he received his certificate of return. It is not about sentiments, that speech beat President Jonathan's speeches put together hands down.

This is part of what I am talking about, blind opposition born out of spite and without substance.

1 Like

Re: A Few Words For The New Opposition by socialmediaman: 9:54pm On Apr 24, 2015
PPAngel:

Can't wait till may 29

Lol, don't forget you thought he'll never rule Nigeria. By the time you'll understand what's happening, PDP will become south more fragmented. Let me ask you, what is the PDP ideology or manifesto? They have none, you'll end up realizing they're just an overrated group just like the former Nigeria Stock Exchange listed companies whose stocks were rising without any real reason or value they were adding. PDP has crashed and it needs serious rebuilding before Nigerians will accept them back, that "share the money" thing is still a plague Nigerians wouldn't want to encounter again because that's what almost destroyed our country. You must understand this
Re: A Few Words For The New Opposition by tuniski: 10:26pm On Apr 24, 2015
socialmediaman:
Ns

u are clever by half! The cliche is people saying we voted buhari not APC!!! So APC is resented by your submission. Anyway, the honeymoon will soon be over and time for the serious task of Governance from 29/5/2015! Can't wait for miracles
Re: A Few Words For The New Opposition by socialmediaman: 10:45pm On Apr 24, 2015
tuniski:
u are clever by half! The cliche is people saying we voted buhari not APC!!! So APC is resented by your submission. Anyway, the honeymoon will soon be over and time for the serious task of Governance from 29/5/2015! Can't wait for miracles

Most Nigerians are not party people, These parties have no established ideology and track record yet, that will take some time of continued democracy and reformation. For now, if you snooze, you lose, I mean, if you mess up, you're gone if the other party can convince voters that they can provide what you're not offering. That's exactly what GMB did, he is known for his anti corruption stance, and he preached about employment, social welfare and cutting cost of governance, these are exactly the deficiencies people wanted out from the present outgoing government, I mean you can't be tainted with so much wastage and corruption when people are on the streets jobless and poor, to the point it becomes a survival of the fittest where people buy government jobs

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Refers To Germany As West Germany And Its Leader As President Michelle / Honor Dennis Osadebay with airport / Sudan's Omar Bashir Incorporates Janjawiid Militia Into Sudanese Army.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.