Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,210 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

A Word For We On Tribalistic Jingoism - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Word For We On Tribalistic Jingoism (507 Views)

Buhari Is Tribalistic - Why On Earth Another Northerner / Who Is The Most Tribalistic Nigerian President? / GEJ HAD THE MOST TRIBALISTIC ADMINISTRATION IN NIGERIA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Word For We On Tribalistic Jingoism by certifiedking(m): 9:54pm On Apr 24, 2015
Allow me to air my opinion on the imbroglio and controversial topic that has currently pervaded the political and tribal airspace of our dear country Nigeria. I am ibo and most of my very good friends are yorubas and I'm so proud to have them but the antics and actions of a myopic and deluded few due to the actions of the oba of lagos has left me in an utter state of bewildered and discombulation. The constitution of Nigeria allows for freedom of movement to ANY part of the country to settle and do business legitimately so why the rantings about sending a particular tribe back to their states. Funny enough, most of the yorubas saying this are not even Lagos yorubas but from other yoruba states. This smacks of verbal xenophobia and tribalistic jingoism which is capable of fanning embers of violence and which is definitely not good for the development of our dear nation. I'd like to ask these questions before I continue: 1. Was lagos developed by the yorubas or because of the former status as a FCT? 2. If u decide to send the ibos home, what about the non lagos yorubas and other tribes that make up lagos? Do you think lagos will survive if other tribes leave? These are important questions we need to ask ourselves. let me say this; Lagos is too cosmopolitan and metropolitan to be monopolised by one tribe,period!!! We travel outside the country and make money yet you fume when other tribes make money in your land. That's so unfair and totally bedevills my imagination to say the least. Nigeria belongs to all of us and we must work in harmony to ensure its progress. I am ibo from delta state and love the yorubas and their culture. Every tribe has it negativity but this should not be the yardstick to judge anyone. Thank you for your time. God bless Nigeria. Follow me on twitter @sleymor.
Re: A Word For We On Tribalistic Jingoism by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:56pm On Apr 24, 2015
Ewu

(1) (Reply)

Privatization Wahala / Defecting PDP Members Will Come Back On Empty Stomach – Jonathan / Photo: See A Nigerian's 'harsh' Response To Atiku Abubakar Tweet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.