Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,213 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

How Tinubu's Loot Ends Up In Hilary Clinton's Purse: The Chagoury Connection - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Tinubu's Loot Ends Up In Hilary Clinton's Purse: The Chagoury Connection (6183 Views)

Osinbajo Helped Tinubu Loot Lagos State / Tinubu’s Massive Looting Of Lagos Uncovered…the Chagoury, Remi Tinubu Connection / How Tinubu-saraki War Started-tribune (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Tinubu's Loot Ends Up In Hilary Clinton's Purse: The Chagoury Connection by PPAngel(f): 11:36pm On Apr 24, 2015
Everyday the truth keeps coming out!

Hilary Clinton's refusal to designate Boko Haram as a Terrorist organization has been revealed through her e mail correspondence and suspicious donations to the Bill Clinto foundation by none other than Mr Chagoury.

Chagoury seems to be the go between Tinubu and Hilary Clinton and eventually Obama.

Chagoury as you all know is a close business affiliate to Tinubu and the Lagos state government since 1999.

Ironically, the same Chagoury was able to immense himself with the Abacha regime. The same Abacha regime that the likes of Tinubu and Soyinka under NADECO claimed to be in opposition to.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

Article loading...

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Tinubu's Loot Ends Up In Hilary Clinton's Purse: The Chagoury Connection by PPAngel(f): 11:38pm On Apr 24, 2015
Omenka here is another thread that requires your urgent lamentations

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Tinubu's Loot Ends Up In Hilary Clinton's Purse: The Chagoury Connection by PPAngel(f): 11:45pm On Apr 24, 2015
Sen. David Vitter (R., La.) wants to know whether Hillary Clinton concealed communications with a Nigerian donor to the Clinton Foundation during an internal State Department debate over designating Boko Haram a terrorist group.

Vitter sent a letter last week to Secretary of State John Kerry requesting all of Clinton’s records relating to Boko Haram and her reluctance to label it as a Foreign Terrorist Organization (FTO).

The senator also asked for all of Secretary Clinton’s communications with Gilbert Chagoury, a Nigerian construction magnate who has donated millions to the Clinton Foundation in addition to contributing thousands to an outside group that helped re-elect President Bill Clinton in 1996.

Vitter said in an interview with the Washington Free Beacon that he wants to uncover whether Chagoury’s relationship with the former secretary of state influenced her policy toward Nigeria and its radical Islamic insurgency.

As founder of the Chagoury Group, one of Nigeria’s largest construction conglomerates, Chagoury would have a financial interest in the impact on Nigeria that would have followed a FTO designation for Boko Haram, Vitter said.

“He’s not Boko Haram, but he has a clear interest in terms of his commercial developments of not getting this designation, which would put the brakes on a lot of possible development that he wants in Nigeria,” he told the Free Beacon.

“The question I’ve raised is: Is there a similar conflict of interest there? And did that sort of issue have anything to do with Hillary Clinton’s State Department dragging its feet?”

Mark Corallo, a spokesman for Chagoury and Republican consultant who formerly worked at the Justice Department and on Capitol Hill, said in an email statement that accusations of an improper relationship between Chagoury and Clinton are “ludicrous and laughable.”

“Chagoury has had no contact with Hillary Clinton for years—predating her time as a U.S. senator,” he said. “So even if Senator Vitter somehow retrieves Hillary’s emails (and I hope he does), he’ll find no emails or correspondence of any kind from Ambassador Chagoury with Secretary Clinton or the Department of State.”

“Furthermore, while he has had a well-publicized friendship with former President Clinton and has donated to the Clinton Foundation, I would point out that he has also donated to the George W. Bush presidential library. Why? Because both President Bush and President Clinton showed a real interest in Africa and Ambassador Chagoury truly appreciated both men and their efforts.”

A spokesman for Clinton did not respond to a request for comment. A spokeswoman for the State Department also did not respond to a query about whether Kerry had received Vitter’s letter, and how long it would take to provide the communications he requested.

Both Nigerian officials and outside observers who were opposed to the FTO designation for Boko Haram argued that such a move would have a negative economic impact on the country. Chagoury employs tens of thousands of workers in West Africa and has spearheaded some of Nigeria’s most ambitious development projects.

A group of more than 20 academics wrote Clinton a letter in 2012 urging her against the FTO designation, citing its effects on humanitarian and economic aid.

“If economic development is to play a role in alleviating tensions in northern Nigeria, we should not hamper access by USAID or private NGOs in providing aid and assistance in the region,” they wrote.

The criticism of the FTO designation came as Johnnie Carson, former assistant secretary of state for African affairs under Clinton and an opponent of the measure, stressed the importance of private investment in Nigeria. The country is the second-largest destination in Africa for U.S. private investment.

The militant group was eventually declared as a FTO in November 2013 after Kerry became secretary of state.

Chagoury donated between $1,000,001 and $5,000,000 to the Clinton Foundation and pledged $1 billion to the Clinton Global Initiative in 2009 through the Chagoury Group. His relationship with the Clintons stretches back to the 1990s, when he contributed nearly half a million dollars to a voter registration group that helped re-elect President Bill Clinton in 1996.

At the time, human rights activists pressured Clinton to sanction Nigeria’s Sani Abacha regime for detaining and executing political dissidents. Chagoury, an Abacha associate, was reportedly invited to a White House dinner for Democratic supporters in 1997 and spoke with Clinton administration officials during that period about U.S. policy toward Nigeria. Clinton opted against sanctioning Nigeria’s profitable oil industry, instead pursuing “constructive dialogue” with the Abacha regime. Abacha died in 1998.

Several members of Chagoury’s family also donated thousands of dollars to Hillary Clinton’s failed presidential bid in 2008, according to the Wall Street Journal.

According to a 2010 investigation by PBS Frontline, Chagoury was one of the associates of Abacha’s who received government payments in overseas bank accounts.

He was convicted in 2000 in Switzerland for laundering money from Nigeria, but agreed to a plea deal and repaid $66 million to the Nigerian government. The conviction was later dropped. He also returned money in Swiss bank accounts to Nigeria in 1999 to receive immunity from prosecution in a looted assets case.

Corallo said the charges against Chagoury “were vacated and expunged from the record.”

Chagoury was also linked to a scheme in which Kellogg, Brown, and Root (KBR), then a subsidiary of the Halliburton Corporation, paid $180 million in bribes to the Abacha regime for business contracts in the 1990s. KBR eventually agreed to pay $579 million in fines in 2009, the largest ever payment for a company accused of bribing foreign officials. 

Chagoury was not charged with any wrongdoing during a Justice Department investigation of the exchange.

“You are never going to stop corruption,” Chagoury told PBS.

Chagoury helped plan lucrative speeches for Bill Clinton and attended the former president’s 60th birthday party in 2006 in New York, as well as the wedding celebration in France of top Clinton aide Douglas Band, according to the Wall Street Journal.

Chagoury’s latest project, a land reclamation effort known as Eko Atlantic that will provide residences and amenities to 250,000 wealthy Nigerians outside of Lagos, has been criticized by some for not aiding Africa’s poor. Bill Clinton attended the groundbreaking ceremony for the project in February 2013.

Sen. Vitter has long suggested that State Department officials are downplaying the threat posed by Boko Haram.

He wrote a letter to Kerry last year about apparent discrepancies between statistics provided to the State Department and the actual language included in the department’s annual reports on global terrorism.

For example, the National Counterterrorism Center’s (NCTC) statistical annex for the 2011 State Department report said that a double-digit percentage increase in attacks in Africa was “attributable in large part to the more aggressive attack tempo of the Nigeria-based terrorist group Boko Haram, which conducted 136 attacks in 2011­—up from 31 in 2010.”

However, the actual Country Reports on Terrorism for 2011 only called Boko Haram a “Nigerian extremist group” that “claimed responsibility for some of these attacks.”

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Tinubu's Loot Ends Up In Hilary Clinton's Purse: The Chagoury Connection by PPAngel(f): 11:50pm On Apr 24, 2015
Chagoury is Lebanese by the way.

Una see how them dey sell una by the day

Change my foot!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Tinubu's Loot Ends Up In Hilary Clinton's Purse: The Chagoury Connection by PPAngel(f): 11:58pm On Apr 24, 2015

Chagoury made this possible for Tinubu

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu's Loot Ends Up In Hilary Clinton's Purse: The Chagoury Connection by PPAngel(f): 12:05am On Apr 25, 2015

The only reason Clinton is smiling is because he has Chagoury's cheque in his pocket

2 Likes

Re: How Tinubu's Loot Ends Up In Hilary Clinton's Purse: The Chagoury Connection by StOla: 12:08am On Apr 25, 2015
PPAngel:
Omenka here is another thread that requires your urgent lamentations

Only one person has been lamenting so far.

I hope you find happiness someday, even if in a dream.

Goodnight!

14 Likes

Re: How Tinubu's Loot Ends Up In Hilary Clinton's Purse: The Chagoury Connection by barnacle: 12:11am On Apr 25, 2015
hmmmmm
Re: How Tinubu's Loot Ends Up In Hilary Clinton's Purse: The Chagoury Connection by socialmediaman: 12:15am On Apr 25, 2015
Bitterness and rancor. they really don't get it. They'll keep blaming opposition for their woes till their party crumbles to ashes.

PPAngel:
Chagoury is Lebanese by the way.

Una see how them dey sell una by the day

Change my foot!

7 Likes

Re: How Tinubu's Loot Ends Up In Hilary Clinton's Purse: The Chagoury Connection by PPAngel(f): 12:16am On Apr 25, 2015
StOla:

Goodnight!

Look at this confirmed magga

I mention you?

Go and contiue your sleeping life

Dunce like you thougth it was all about chanting change and sai buhari

Mumus

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Tinubu's Loot Ends Up In Hilary Clinton's Purse: The Chagoury Connection by babajero(m): 12:16am On Apr 25, 2015
Yoruba people will suffer in tinubu hands because he is just taking them for a ride.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Tinubu's Loot Ends Up In Hilary Clinton's Purse: The Chagoury Connection by Nobody: 12:17am On Apr 25, 2015
StOla:

Goodnight!

what makes you different from him? the '1' you removed from your userid?
Re: How Tinubu's Loot Ends Up In Hilary Clinton's Purse: The Chagoury Connection by Ralphlauren(m): 12:22am On Apr 25, 2015
babajero:
Yoruba people will suffer in tinubu hands because he is just taking them for a ride.

Thank you! grin grin

Leave us to 'suffer" grin grin or did we complain to you? undecided

Face your own problems and leave us with our Tinubu. Okay? wink

12 Likes

Re: How Tinubu's Loot Ends Up In Hilary Clinton's Purse: The Chagoury Connection by garrix8: 12:23am On Apr 25, 2015
Lamentations of a sore loser.

6 Likes

Re: How Tinubu's Loot Ends Up In Hilary Clinton's Purse: The Chagoury Connection by StOla: 12:27am On Apr 25, 2015
PPAngel:

Look at this confirmed magga

I mention you?

Go and contiue your sleeping life

Dunce like you thougth it was all about chanting change and sai buhari

Mumus

A tablet of valium works like magic. The sleep that eludes you will come in no time.

8 Likes

Re: How Tinubu's Loot Ends Up In Hilary Clinton's Purse: The Chagoury Connection by PPAngel(f): 12:33am On Apr 25, 2015
StOla:

A tablet of valium works like magic. The sleep that eludes you will come in no time.

I recomend half a tablet of cyanide to you

I guarranttee you won't wake up ever!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Tinubu's Loot Ends Up In Hilary Clinton's Purse: The Chagoury Connection by babajero(m): 12:33am On Apr 25, 2015
Ralphlauren:

Thank you! grin grin

We face our own problem that is why we progress with little or no govt presence, but it seems you people are the ones dieing for our stead.
Re: How Tinubu's Loot Ends Up In Hilary Clinton's Purse: The Chagoury Connection by babajero(m): 12:35am On Apr 25, 2015
StOla:

I think I need such a drug where can I get it?
Re: How Tinubu's Loot Ends Up In Hilary Clinton's Purse: The Chagoury Connection by PPAngel(f): 12:35am On Apr 25, 2015
Senator Vitter's letter to John Kerry on Hilary Clinton's links and shady dealings with Chagoury

March 17, 2015
The Honorable John Kerry
Secretary of State
U.S. Department of State
2201 C Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20510
Dear Secretary Kerry:
Like many Americans, I am incredibly concerned about the recent revelations that former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has kept official federal records hidden from the public, both through an external email domain and in deciding to delete thousands of these records. While the State Department is in the process of reviewing the documents Secretary Clinton has provided, I am requesting that the Department provide all additional files specifically relating to the designation of Boko Haram as a terrorist organization during former Secretary Clinton’s term and seek out any related files which may not have already been turned over by Secretary Clinton.
As I have in the past, I commend your November 2013 decision to designate Boko Haram as a Foreign Terrorist Organization. However, given the drastic foothold Boko Haram was allowed to gain prior to being designated an FTO, the nexus between the Department’s decision against designating Boko Haram as an FTO and connections to outside groups should be brought forward. Associated records should have been preserved as evidence of the agency’s activities, decisions and procedures. These should be presented to the relevant committees and to the American public to be evaluated for corresponding misconduct.
Last year, I presented the Department with evidence that multiple State Department Country Reports on Terrorism, presented to Congress under Secretary Clinton’s direction, failed to include valuable information related to Boko Haram. Inaccuracies within official documents make it clear that the State Department misled Congress and the American people. Additional evidence demonstrates that multiple Department employees who were directly involved in the decision against designating Boko Haram as an FTO, including the Office Coordinator for Counterterrorism, have been Clinton Foundation employees. Disturbingly, while the Department was refusing to make the FTO designation, former President Bill Clinton, also the head of the Clinton Foundation and account owner of the Clinton email domain, participated in events with a long-time donor and major Nigerian land developer, Gilbert Chagoury, who previously agreed to a $66 million plea deal during international investigation into corruption charges against him. We need to know if Mr. Chagoury had any influence in the decision not to designate Boko Haram an FTO, or had any other influence with Sec. Clinton’s foreign policy decisions.
Between this history of involvement and the recent revelations regarding Secretary Clinton’s record keeping, I strongly believe it is essential to re-establish trust in the Department to provide the related materials to the public. If funds from the Clinton Foundation were used to pay for the email server, it would constitute a financial benefit from the Clinton Foundation and donations from foreign businessmen who directly stood to gain from Clinton’s decision, which is questionable at best.
I have long opposed the foreign donations to the Clinton Foundation as a conflict of interest for Secretary Clinton due to the nature of the job. Moreover, as you are aware, the Code of Federal Regulations requires federal agencies to make and preserve records that duly document agency activity. Former Secretary Clinton’s actions in conjunction to information I have previously presented to the Department where she circumvented and misled Congress should be closely examined.
The purpose of the law is to ensure that agency activities are available to be reviewed when needed -- such as for FOIA requests or congressional inquiries. Each federal agency is responsible for maintaining its records in accordance with regulations. Due to the highly unusual nature of the current circumstance, I am asking you to demonstrate the Department’s commitment to transparency and to provide all files related to their decision not to designate Boko Haram an FTO, and all communication with Mr. Chagoury or his affiliated businesses.
These actions, if true, run contrary to the trust placed in the Department, as a representative of the United States and constitutional government. It is imperative to fully disclose relevant information to the American public.
Sincerely,
David Vitter
United States Senate

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu's Loot Ends Up In Hilary Clinton's Purse: The Chagoury Connection by babajero(m): 12:37am On Apr 25, 2015
PPAngel:

I recomend half a tablet of cyanide to you

I guarranttee you won't wake up ever!
i think i need such a drug, where can i get it?
Re: How Tinubu's Loot Ends Up In Hilary Clinton's Purse: The Chagoury Connection by PPAngel(f): 12:38am On Apr 25, 2015
Ralphlauren:

Thank you! grin grin

That's why we want out of your useless one nigeria

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu's Loot Ends Up In Hilary Clinton's Purse: The Chagoury Connection by knightsTempler: 12:48am On Apr 25, 2015
Those emails contain her dealings and doing involved in Boko Haram, the murder of Ambassador Stevens in Benghazi (would probably shed light on where the MIA president was, too) details on who sent how much to her Swiss account in return for what favors, and tons of other toxic details. In the hands of Putin or another of his ilk, this info would make her nothing more than an angry puppet in the "White Hut".

Now concerning her dealing with chagouri and Boko haram connection, little wonder they weren't ready to help us in dealing with Boko haram, they refuse to sell arms to us and tried blocking all other means to acquire arms from other countries. Meanwhile, they were supplying arms to jihadists fighter in Syria and Libya, but refuse to sell to a state actor.

Her hands are so dirty, america will never be able to throw off the stink of either of the Clintons. Bill Clinton didn’t realize Rwanda massacres were a problem either until after he LEFT OFFICE! If only someone had made him see it clearly! If only! If only America had never heard of this family of crooks.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Tinubu's Loot Ends Up In Hilary Clinton's Purse: The Chagoury Connection by knightsTempler: 12:48am On Apr 25, 2015
It's so easy. Just follow the money.

3 Likes

Re: How Tinubu's Loot Ends Up In Hilary Clinton's Purse: The Chagoury Connection by huntamania(m): 1:02am On Apr 25, 2015
This is getting so much more interesting by the day!!! The democrats should keep lobbying GEJ with yeye support they didn't give while he was president knowing the election of Hilary Clinton in 2016 rest on his shoulder with the recent happenings and revelations. GEJ should not kiss ass please, cast these liars.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Tinubu's Loot Ends Up In Hilary Clinton's Purse: The Chagoury Connection by Cannonleo(m): 1:20am On Apr 25, 2015
the truth gets even more interesting..Nigerian simpletons the workings behind ur nose will give u a damn good headache if u don't learn how to analyse facts.op u have given me a good research material nd a food for thought

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Tinubu's Loot Ends Up In Hilary Clinton's Purse: The Chagoury Connection by jared007: 4:58am On Apr 25, 2015
The problem PPAngel is that most Nigerians don't take international politics seriously. I ve always felt Tinubu might be a CIA contact/agent based on his drug trafficking records and yet the Americans don't seem to go after him.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Tinubu's Loot Ends Up In Hilary Clinton's Purse: The Chagoury Connection by Nobody: 5:17am On Apr 25, 2015
God I bless your name. It will all unfold. Goodluck we await your memoirs; if you get liver to write one.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Tinubu's Loot Ends Up In Hilary Clinton's Purse: The Chagoury Connection by PPAngel(f): 7:11am On Apr 25, 2015
Tinubu's day will come

jared007:
The problem PPAngel is that most Nigerians don't take international politics seriously. I ve always felt Tinubu might be a CIA contact/agent based on his drug trafficking records and yet the Americans don't seem to go after him.
BigBabyJesus:
Information regarding PRODIGY's(CIA designated Code Name) initial affiliation and links to the CIA began in the early 80's when he was approached by a Nigerian CIA agent recruiter in the guise as a major Heroine supplier in the Chicago area. PRODIGY was initially supplied about 15 kilos and $25,000 and was given the role of recruiting drug mules in Nigeria who will smuggle the drugs into the United States. The operation went smoothly initially with CIA operatives ensuring that the drug mules and PRODIGY were not intercepted at the departure and destination airports and by local law enforcers during the drop stages.

What PRODIGY did not know then was that the main drug baron, his associates and purported buyers were all part of an intricate plot to snare him into a trap. There exists severally sealed dossiers containing pictures, video and voice recordings documenting every drop, sale and money exchange.

This went on till the mid 90's.

Then Abacha took over and the Americans were not happy since their main asset in Africa, MKO Abiola had been deposed by Abacha who was not ready to step down and to make matter's worse, the New leader of Africa's largest economy and 6th largest supplier of crude began to align himself with "rogue" Nations such as North Korea and Iran.

The stage was then set.

PRODIGY in one of his random "business visits" was rounded up by the local police and a search of his apartment revealed over 2 kilos of pure "terror d0pe" heroin. An obvious plant.
Things began to move swiftly. The Feds took over and let PRODIGY know that they had a tip of his drug dealings for over a year and have documented evidence and witnesses willing to testify in court against him. According to the Feds PRODIGY, apart from facing lengthy prison sentence for the huge quantities of drugs smuggled and sold for the period he was under surveillance also faces the possibility of life without parole for an additional RICO charge.
The FEDS where not interested in making any deals as they assumed that PRODIGY was the head of the whole operation which earned an estimated 6 million U.S. dollars during a 3 month period alone.

BUMP ! IF YOU WANT MORE....
Re: How Tinubu's Loot Ends Up In Hilary Clinton's Purse: The Chagoury Connection by PPAngel(f): 7:15am On Apr 25, 2015
So in nutshell, the suffering and smiling broom wielding Osun state civil servants who are being owed 6 mths salary are the one's funding Hillary Clinton's presidential bid.

We live in a global village and apparently Nigeria is where all the village ediots reside

Change my foot

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Tinubu's Loot Ends Up In Hilary Clinton's Purse: The Chagoury Connection by PPAngel(f): 7:48am On Apr 25, 2015
Tinubu's first contact with Chagoury began during the Abacha regime and Tinubu's pretend membership of NADECO

Chagoury was a major business confidant to Abacha and international fixer for that regime.

The Clinton administration was set to pass sweeping sanctions against Abacha until Chagoury's timely campaign fundind to Clinton's second bid and also to the Clinton foundation.

There is no need stating that Chagoury's campaign funding to Clinton came from non other than Abacha himsel!

The Clinton administration will later tone down to opting for "sincere dialogue" in returning Nigeria to democratic rule.

Tinubu who at this time was recently sent back to Nigeria to infiltrate civil advocacy groups by his CIA handlers and was now parading himself as an agent of democtacy and good governance was suggested to Chagoury as a possible vp candidate to Abacha during his transition from military to civilian govt.

Chagoury was in a position to lobby Abacha in seeing Tinubu as a go between candidate to pacify the SW over Abiola's june 12 mandate and also the Americans.

The death of Abacha ended this arrangement.

Chagoury will later support Tinubu in his quest to dominate SW political terrain.

Tinubu after all is a godson to Chagoury

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Tinubu's Loot Ends Up In Hilary Clinton's Purse: The Chagoury Connection by joeyfire(m): 9:30am On Apr 25, 2015
jared007:
Re: How Tinubu's Loot Ends Up In Hilary Clinton's Purse: The Chagoury Connection by spako4(m): 11:10am On Apr 25, 2015
[quote author=joeyfire post=33086912][/quote]

You (tanoids) did a lot to defame Tinubu before and during presidential and gubernatorial elections
still GEJ and his boys lost woefully.
You never tired?Habi money given to u by GEJ never finish?
Nigerians have spoken,they want change so let it be.

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Have To Completely Delegitimise Corruption, Vp Osinbajo Says / Post-UTME: We Have No Problem With Our Server - UNIBEN / Anambra Retirees Threaten Hunger Strike Over Unpaid Gratuities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.