Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Help,my Niece Is A Year And Seven Months Old But Can't Walk Yet - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help,my Niece Is A Year And Seven Months Old But Can't Walk Yet (2562 Views)

My Husband Raped My Niece —wife / I Caught My Husband Sniffing My Niece's Pants / Shocking!!!! I Caught My Niece self-servicing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help,my Niece Is A Year And Seven Months Old But Can't Walk Yet by Nobody: 12:21am On Apr 25, 2015
please help, I have a little niece, 15th of next month will be making her a year and seven months old. but the problem is, ''she's very scared of standing or walking on her own''. she had same delays during the stages of sitting and crawling, but this particular one is long over due as most of her age mates and those she senior with about 3-4 months are now walking, there is this particular sets that began walking on their 8th month. but the surprising thing is, she can do most vigorous activities like climbing chairs and tables and crossing to the opposite side, she can even walk around the whole sitting room but only by holding tables and chairs, but when it comes to her standing or walking alone she develops phobia. on few scenario she stood on her own for few seconds, but that dates back to over 2 months now, as she has shown zero enthuse to stand or walk recently, and this really worries everybody, most specially her mum.
please is there any particular method that we can apply to help her overcome this fear, so she can walk alone on her own, or should we still exercise patient, is this normal?, I apologize for the voluminous note, but your suggestions is seriously needed. please help her walk.
Re: Help,my Niece Is A Year And Seven Months Old But Can't Walk Yet by Jorussia(m): 6:18am On Apr 25, 2015
As far as she is physically/medically fit,she will walk. I started to walk at the age of 2yrsand 2months.You can start praying for her to walk,if you don't mind.
Re: Help,my Niece Is A Year And Seven Months Old But Can't Walk Yet by Nobody: 6:39am On Apr 25, 2015
lol @ ur signature

1 Like

Re: Help,my Niece Is A Year And Seven Months Old But Can't Walk Yet by parismarc: 7:09am On Apr 25, 2015
There is nothing to worry about, each child attains his/her developmental milestones @ different ages. I know of a child that started walking at age two.

If the mum is very worried, she can meet a carpenter to make a wooden walker,it has three legs,very cheap and highly effective.

And don't compare her to other kids smiley, it only gets you more worried, and achieves nothing.

3 Likes

Re: Help,my Niece Is A Year And Seven Months Old But Can't Walk Yet by Nobody: 7:42am On Apr 25, 2015
Jorussia:
As far as she is physically/medically fit,she will walk. I started to walk at the age of 2yrsand 2months.You can start praying for her to walk,if you don't mind.
hmm, 2years and 2 months..? your mum must be so worried then. well thanks for sharing your story, am beginning to have little faith and hope for my little niece, but I pray she doesn't take that long.
Re: Help,my Niece Is A Year And Seven Months Old But Can't Walk Yet by Nobody: 7:48am On Apr 25, 2015
parismarc:
There is nothing to worry about, each child attains his/her developmental milestones @ different ages. I know of a child that started walking at age two.

If the mum is very worried, she can meet a carpenter to make a wooden walker,it has three legs,very cheap and highly effective.

And don't compare her to other kids smiley, it only gets you more worried, and achieves nothing.
well we already got her an iron walker, at first she was scared of using it, but recently she can move it to any where but we haven't seen much impact yet
Re: Help,my Niece Is A Year And Seven Months Old But Can't Walk Yet by Adaezeagu(f): 7:56am On Apr 25, 2015
Take her for body massaging. She might be having pains in her legs due to injections.
denkyw:
please help, I have a little niece, 15th of next month will be making her a year and seven months old. but the problem is, ''she's very scared of standing or walking on her own''. she had same delays during the stages of sitting and crawling, but this particular one is long over due as most of her age mates and those she senior with about 3-4 months are now walking, there is this particular sets that began walking on their 8th month. but the surprising thing is, she can do most vigorous activities like climbing chairs and tables and crossing to the opposite side, she can even walk around the whole sitting room but only by holding tables and chairs, but when it comes to her standing or walking alone she develops phobia. on few scenario she stood on her own for few seconds, but that dates back to over 2 months now, as she has shown zero enthuse to stand or walk recently, and this really worries everybody, most specially her mum.
please is there any particular method that we can apply to help her overcome this fear, so she can walk alone on her own, or should we still exercise patient, is this normal?, I apologize for the voluminous note, but your suggestions is seriously needed. please help her walk.
Re: Help,my Niece Is A Year And Seven Months Old But Can't Walk Yet by parismarc: 7:58am On Apr 25, 2015
denkyw:
well we already got her an iron walker, at first she was scared of using it, but recently she can move it to any where but we haven't seen much impact yet

Well, it's a good sign that she pushes it by herself, let her push it daily, she will walk, my baby started walking one week after we got hers.
Re: Help,my Niece Is A Year And Seven Months Old But Can't Walk Yet by thorpido(m): 8:25am On Apr 25, 2015
Adaezeagu:
Take her for body massaging. She might be having pains in her legs due to injections.
Which injections madam?
Re: Help,my Niece Is A Year And Seven Months Old But Can't Walk Yet by thorpido(m): 8:28am On Apr 25, 2015
Op,let her keep using the walker,she will eventually walk except she had some problems at birth that may have resulted into neurodevelopmental delays.even at that,she can still walk.
Re: Help,my Niece Is A Year And Seven Months Old But Can't Walk Yet by trevolady(f): 8:34am On Apr 25, 2015
parismarc:

That wooden walker works,my mum made one for one of my niece who didn't walk around age 2,she started walkin few weeks after.
Re: Help,my Niece Is A Year And Seven Months Old But Can't Walk Yet by angelTI(f): 8:41am On Apr 25, 2015
@op, relax because your niece will eventually walk.

My second nephew walked at 17months. My sister(the mom) dropped him with my mum when she was fed up....lol

We just woke up one day and this boy funnily surprised the whole house by walking though not perfectly. It was as if there was a celebration in my house that day.

Relax bro/sis

2 Likes

Re: Help,my Niece Is A Year And Seven Months Old But Can't Walk Yet by Adaezeagu(f): 8:53am On Apr 25, 2015
thorpido:
Which injections madam?
injection pains ooooo
Re: Help,my Niece Is A Year And Seven Months Old But Can't Walk Yet by thorpido(m): 9:06am On Apr 25, 2015
Adaezeagu:
injection pains ooooo
It's not written anywhere that the child received injections na.The child just has some delay and one should just rule out neurological issues.
Re: Help,my Niece Is A Year And Seven Months Old But Can't Walk Yet by Nobody: 9:14am On Apr 25, 2015
I will give the wooden/iron walker a try again, it seems it has worked for lots of babies.
Re: Help,my Niece Is A Year And Seven Months Old But Can't Walk Yet by Adaezeagu(f): 9:15am On Apr 25, 2015
thorpido:
It's not written anywhere that the child received injections na.The child just has some delay and one should just rule out neurological issues.
I am talking from experience.
Re: Help,my Niece Is A Year And Seven Months Old But Can't Walk Yet by thorpido(m): 11:15am On Apr 25, 2015
Adaezeagu:
I am talking from experience.
I would say you are talking from ONE experience.
Re: Help,my Niece Is A Year And Seven Months Old But Can't Walk Yet by floragregs(f): 11:37am On Apr 25, 2015
@ op. If u do this, she will walk in no time. It works. Buy lots of buscuit bone and cook them,.remove the water and always give her to drink. Do this for one week she'll walk.

1 Like

Re: Help,my Niece Is A Year And Seven Months Old But Can't Walk Yet by shindarayo(f): 9:07pm On Apr 25, 2015
Pls oo tell her parent to not lay much emphasis on dt, and not expect her to wt force, she wld definitely walk wen she is ready to.she shld be left aline as long as she is medically fit.
Re: Help,my Niece Is A Year And Seven Months Old But Can't Walk Yet by aderonila18: 9:25pm On Apr 25, 2015
Since she walks when she's holding on to things that shows that it's most likely not a medical problem, so that's great news. Some children are just more scared of falling. The Mum and maybe other children in the family can just hold her hands and encourage her to start walking with the support, that way she won't be scared and gradually she'll be confident enough to do it alone.

Also I've noticed that children love when you celebrate them, with my niece anytime she took a step we made a big show of clapping for her and singing grin she loved it and even when she fell she would quickly get up to walk again just so we would clap. After a while we were the ones who even got tired of the clapping grin you guys should try that. When she takes a step with someone holding her hand or even when she's walking using the walker let the family clap for her, that will encourage her to try more

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

8 Shocking Obese Kids / Men! Have You Ever Tried To Get A Lady Pregnant To Tie Her To You? / In A Sinful Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.