Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

I Need Help To Retain My Domain Name. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Need Help To Retain My Domain Name. (659 Views)

How Do I Map My Domain On Go Daddy To Blogger / Pls I Need Assistance With The Registration Of My Domain Name: / Who Can Help Me Renew My Domain Name For My Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help To Retain My Domain Name. by godwin34: 11:38am On Apr 25, 2015
Gentlemen and ladies,
I could make do with help on how to retain my company's domain name. We created a domain; www.sanctusenergyltd.com for our company and paid subscription for hosting for a period of 1 year which expired a few weeks ago leading to our site going down. When we tried to bring up the site again, we were told that a company based in UK has RESERVED it. And this is my problem, how do I get back this name since we have operated with this name for 1 year? My IT guys proposed a change of domain name but I am reluctant to do that because it will cost me a lot. All company registrations were done with this domain name. We have been using our official email addresses for correspondence with all our clients and government registration agencies. I can not picture us going back to start afresh. Can any brother or sister here help us with information on what to do? I will appreciate your suggestions.
Re: I Need Help To Retain My Domain Name. by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 25, 2015
You need to write to the hosting company,pay what ever is required of you,if you exceed the deadline for renewal you might be asked to pay for penalty.if you can't still get it back from the host company opt for a com.ng

1 Like

Re: I Need Help To Retain My Domain Name. by Nobody: 12:20pm On Apr 25, 2015
it differs with site host . so what site host r u using

1 Like

Re: I Need Help To Retain My Domain Name. by Grime: 2:53pm On Apr 25, 2015
Your domain registrar should have a support section.
They know what has happened to your domain and whether you can get it back or not.
Re: I Need Help To Retain My Domain Name. by pryd(m): 3:52pm On Apr 25, 2015
Grime:
Your domain registrar should have a support section.
They know what has happened to your domain and whether you can get it back or not.

Hello boss, plz how can I reach you for a discourse? Thanks.
Re: I Need Help To Retain My Domain Name. by Grime: 4:13pm On Apr 25, 2015
pryd:

Hello boss, plz how can I reach you for a discourse? Thanks.

contact@j******.co

1 Like

Re: I Need Help To Retain My Domain Name. by bedfordng(m): 5:42pm On Apr 25, 2015
godwin34:
Gentlemen and ladies,
I could make do with help on how to retain my company's domain name. We created a domain; www.sanctusenergyltd.com for our company and paid subscription for hosting for a period of 1 year which expired a few weeks ago leading to our site going down. When we tried to bring up the site again, we were told that a company based in UK has RESERVED it. And this is my problem, how do I get back this name since we have operated with this name for 1 year? My IT guys proposed a change of domain name but I am reluctant to do that because it will cost me a lot. All company registrations were done with this domain name. We have been using our official email addresses for correspondence with all our clients and government registration agencies. I can not picture us going back to start afresh. Can any brother or sister here help us with information on what to do? I will appreciate your suggestions.
is it that the domain name got expired too or just the hosting.also, when creating the hosting, was the domain name given to you free because i know some hosting coy do give free domain which i don't usually advice one to take instead they should buy it separately because once you take the free domain, they will make it their properly and use it to their advantage so you won't leave their hosting for another.

If you bought it separately, then you can try contacting the hosting coy and see how you can get it back if it was expired
Re: I Need Help To Retain My Domain Name. by godwin34: 10:21am On Apr 26, 2015
Thank you gentlemen and ladies for your various contributions. I reached out to the hosting company again and I am pleased to inform you that the issue has been resolved. Once again, i appreciate you all.

(1) (Reply)

WEBSITE AND BLOG; Which Is Preferable? / I Need A Data Base List Of Companies / I Will Give You Nairaland Clone With 600 Members For This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.