Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,396 members, 7,958,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:39 AM

Extortion Of Nigerians At Seme Border - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Extortion Of Nigerians At Seme Border (17700 Views)

UK Airport Runway Blocked By Activists To Stop The Deportation Of Nigerians / Struggles Of Two Nigerians At A US Airport / Photos Of Nigerians Who Were Deported From The UK Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Extortion Of Nigerians At Seme Border by Nobody: 6:37am On Sep 13, 2016
Buhari would not see this to comment upon
Re: Extortion Of Nigerians At Seme Border by Ugosample(m): 10:27am On Sep 13, 2016
caprini1:
It has gone up at seme border....new Nigerian passport is 1000 naira first crossing ,and 3000 naira at Benin side,you will have to pay 1000 the next three times in Benin side ,but naija side becomes 200 naira after the first 1k...
Re: Extortion Of Nigerians At Seme Border by Ugosample(m): 3:00pm On Sep 13, 2016
caprini1:
It has gone up at seme border....new Nigerian passport is 1000 naira first crossing ,and 3000 naira at Benin side,you will have to pay 1000 the next three times in Benin side ,but naija side becomes 200 naira after the first 1k...

What if I use ID card to cross, especially that Aflao and hillakondji....
Abeg o, economy is hard...
Re: Extortion Of Nigerians At Seme Border by Ugosample(m): 11:28pm On Sep 24, 2016
caprini1:

What about the taxi fare from Seme to Aflao, and from Aflao to Accra
.Thanks
Re: Extortion Of Nigerians At Seme Border by caprini1: 4:41am On Sep 25, 2016
Ugosample:

What about the taxi fare from Seme to Aflao, and from Aflao to Accra
.Thanks
seme to aflao cfa7000,aflao to Accra ghc35 for taxi and ghc20 for AC buses.

1 Like

Re: Extortion Of Nigerians At Seme Border by iamord(m): 9:30pm On Sep 25, 2016
caprini1:
I had to put this topic across in the politics section for it to be attended to quickly.For close to two months now,when travelling by road to and fro Nigeria through the Seme border,between Nigeria and Benin Repulic,The Beninoise immigration officers charge Nigerians between N500 and N1000 to stamp entry or exit in our passports,failure to pay up,your passport is thrown at you , while in Nigeria ,you either give the immigration officer just N100 ,if you want to do so,but with a kind word of "please I don't have"you are free to go.. We keep talking about xenophobia in SA,but the way this neigbouring country,called Benin,treats Nigerians is uncalled for.And parts of their economy survives solely on Nigerians trooping in and out of their country on a daily basis. Please we in NL needs to raise awareness about this ugly trend,that might soon blow up into something else. Cc:seun,lalasticlala
lol.. ask the same for foreigners that ply that root and you will see its the same.. also dont forget naira value has dropped
Re: Extortion Of Nigerians At Seme Border by 9ja4show: 11:06am On Sep 26, 2016
If you have a way; don't use that road except you have money;
Re: Extortion Of Nigerians At Seme Border by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 26, 2016
allthingsgood:

Hmm...not to the government. more like individuals in the govt. All the same they must be exposed. [Govt can not act on rumour or NL post . Someone has to be brave enough to expose the thieves
You think they don't know of something going on somewhere as important as their border?
Oh...believe this and you'll believe anything.

1 Like

Re: Extortion Of Nigerians At Seme Border by SAMBARRY: 11:21am On Sep 26, 2016
There's an addage that says when an elephant falls,the little animals will begin to climb on it

When a country like benenoise is disrespecting and taking advantage of Nigerians you should know They learnt that from us with the way we treat one another

Police will want to collect bribe from you with disrespect and impunity
road side touts will be hanging on commercial busses harrasing conductors to collect 20naira.
Go to the market and price tomato the market woman will curse you very well
Go to shops to buy cloth same thing

And this people see the way we disrespect ourselves. Meanwhile Americans respect each other and that's why other nationals respect them.

Change actually begins from us not them because if we continue exploiting each other and abusing our positions to each other other nationals will do the same

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Extortion Of Nigerians At Seme Border by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 26, 2016
baba who still de go stamp? lol i trust boys shortcut-pay 600naira to okada man to pass backyard longcut-carry your load yourself dash 4custom officers 200 naira de go like dat till u reach dat benin rep gate na 100 naira dem like dem like am pass their pa this map is for idiroko ooooo seme too kala who get dem tym....
Re: Extortion Of Nigerians At Seme Border by heffem(m): 11:35am On Sep 26, 2016
enter managers yard and pick up a bike for 500buck to cross. forget protocols cos every officer at the border are thugs.
Re: Extortion Of Nigerians At Seme Border by Ugosample(m): 11:38am On Sep 26, 2016
Re: Extortion Of Nigerians At Seme Border by Talk2Bella(f): 11:38am On Sep 26, 2016
Why don't u just take bike and pay 100 or 50 naira to those benenoise whatever they are doing Nigerian authorities thought them

It wasn't like that when I started schooling but two years later even id card won't work for you, you gats pay them even with passport you gats drop something

They collect almost a million naira a day you no see wetin dem use the money de do? Developing their borders that's sense

If naija police collect all you have they won't even use it to buy belt more less developed their country
Re: Extortion Of Nigerians At Seme Border by adisa204(m): 11:39am On Sep 26, 2016
caprini1:
They are all illegal ,but what can you do? it might have changed again, cos 1000 naira is now exchanged at 1800 CFA......its even cheaper to travel with out a passport,but then again you become source of meal ticket to French police in Benin and Togo.
its not 1800 ohh, the exchange rate is 1450cfa to N1000.
Re: Extortion Of Nigerians At Seme Border by paloncy: 11:40am On Sep 26, 2016
can immagine there was a day i crossed the border with my laptop nd i had my reciept bt dey insisted i gav del 5thousand naira for what? i had to tell del i want to go bak to my country b4 dey left nd the way dey embarass students Mehn its really uncalled for ...
Re: Extortion Of Nigerians At Seme Border by woodboi(m): 11:56am On Sep 26, 2016
I always walk in with my ID card on or give the blue uniform man 100h... But best why for dude without liver, use the back way at Igholo, from 200 to 500 and continue your journey. stop wasting passport space with Benin stamp.
Re: Extortion Of Nigerians At Seme Border by Ugosample(m): 12:05pm On Sep 26, 2016
Free movement my foot
One needs to see what goes on in West African borders to appreciate the mess going on...
Re: Extortion Of Nigerians At Seme Border by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 26, 2016
So what exactly is ECOWAS if all this is happening?
Re: Extortion Of Nigerians At Seme Border by afanide: 12:16pm On Sep 26, 2016
Those guys at the border are dubious....
Re: Extortion Of Nigerians At Seme Border by ako1tse: 12:25pm On Sep 26, 2016
seme border is one of the most dangerous border, just as someone said when you are getting closer your heart begins to skip...i hope government looks into it..........the only border that gives me peace is Hilan Conji border sometimes i just wish seme border will be like that in the near future..........Naija which way
Re: Extortion Of Nigerians At Seme Border by caprini1: 12:27pm On Sep 26, 2016
adisa204:
its not 1800 ohh, the exchange rate is 1450cfa to N1000.
currently ,but the date of the above topic was 1800cfa to 1000.
Re: Extortion Of Nigerians At Seme Border by caprini1: 12:40pm On Sep 26, 2016
woodboi:
I always work in with my ID card on or give the blue uniform man 100h... But best why for dude without liver, use the back way at Igholo, from 200 to 500 and continue your journey. stop wasting passport space with Benin stamp.
if unfortunately you travel late and a beninoise police,asks for ur ID and you don't have ,or u didnt stamp your passport,sorry will not solve it,but between 5 and 10 k naira.
Re: Extortion Of Nigerians At Seme Border by BlueMagic2(m): 12:42pm On Sep 26, 2016
Get a hidden camera record them and post the video.
Re: Extortion Of Nigerians At Seme Border by caprini1: 12:45pm On Sep 26, 2016
ako1tse:
seme border is one of the most dangerous border, just as someone said when you are getting closer your heart begins to skip...i hope government looks into it..........the only border that gives me peace is Hilan Conji border sometimes i just wish seme border will be like that in the near future..........Naija which way
I hope the current renovations going on at seme border has concluded ,at least that will bring some sanity to the place,with the high tech ulgradings I saw there.
Re: Extortion Of Nigerians At Seme Border by woodboi(m): 1:18pm On Sep 26, 2016
caprini1:
if unfortunately you travel late and a beninoise police,asks for ur ID and you don't have ,or u didnt stamp your passport,sorry will not solve it,but between 5 and 10 k naira.

like I said, I always have my ID on and no matter what I try not to exceed 4pm there before finding my way back to idiroko.
Re: Extortion Of Nigerians At Seme Border by Anglovel: 1:44pm On Sep 26, 2016
Just board Chisco or ABC ,Effex or Cross Country and d company will stamp your passports on ur behalf at a minimal additional costs to ur ticket.
Re: Extortion Of Nigerians At Seme Border by Anglovel: 1:45pm On Sep 26, 2016
Anglovel that's what most students use pls.:
Just board Chisco or ABC ,Effex or Cross Country and d company will stamp your passports on ur behalf at a minimal additional costs to ur ticket.
Re: Extortion Of Nigerians At Seme Border by Anglovel: 1:47pm On Sep 26, 2016
that's what most students use pls.

post=49686529]Just board Chisco or ABC ,Effex or Cross Country and d company will stamp your passports on ur behalf at a minimal additional costs to ur ticket.[/quote]
Re: Extortion Of Nigerians At Seme Border by horlus(m): 2:02pm On Sep 26, 2016
caprini1:
I had to put this topic across in the politics section for it to be attended to quickly.For close to two months now,when travelling by road to and fro Nigeria through the Seme border,between Nigeria and Benin Repulic,The Beninoise immigration officers charge Nigerians between N500 and N1000 to stamp entry or exit in our passports,failure to pay up,your passport is thrown at you , while in Nigeria ,you either give the immigration officer just N100 ,if you want to do so,but with a kind word of "please I don't have"you are free to go..

We keep talking about xenophobia in SA,but the way this neigbouring country,called Benin,treats Nigerians is uncalled for.And parts of their economy survives solely on Nigerians trooping in and out of their country on a daily basis.

Please we in NL needs to raise awareness about this ugly trend,that might soon blow up into something else.

Those people learnt from us. Initially they didn't use to collect such. After observing our immigration officers extort us they started and have grown wings. Now our officers have calmed down a bit coz of better exposure by Nigerias in the past years Meanwhile Beninoise don't collect from their own citizens. It's same all the way to Togo.
Why should u give immigration officers money to leave or enter your country? Politely asked or not.

1 Like

Re: Extortion Of Nigerians At Seme Border by johnjay4u2u(m): 3:03pm On Sep 26, 2016
The custom and local boys are all thieves. Thanks for opening this thread.
It's an eyesore there. They are so heartless there. God will pay them all for their evil acts. Worst border in West Africa.(. Togo to Benin is well organised!
when you get there, you atart panicking irrespective of your confidence level. Heartless humans(including their bike men) I don't even have time for them. SEME– S-Stealing E- Extortion M- Maniac E- Enemies.
Re: Extortion Of Nigerians At Seme Border by forgiveness: 3:53pm On Sep 26, 2016
The cause of this illegality and impunity are THE NIGERIAN IMMIGRATION AND CUSTOM officials. They are the perpetrators of what is happening at the borders.

They are vampires and parasites leeching their innocent preys dry.

If the Nigerian immigration officers are able to illegally extort money from their own citizens then what do expect they do to other ECOWAS citizens? They make sure they suck dem dry, leaving them in penury.

They humiliate and mistreat them as if they are animals or rejected lepers.

So, what do you expect other neighbours to do than to follow suit, and since, they have heard countless reports of how our immigration humiliated and badly treated their fellow men and women hence they reciprocate with vengeance.

Culsy they begins at home. Nigerian government should at first direct our immigration officers to respect Nigerians then respect their neighbours by following the rules of what.

One day, I go send somebody to video this illegality across the borders. At least, when one is made a scapegoat, others will desist from it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos To Shut Independence Tunnel For 4 Weeks For Repairs From May 3 / Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm / How Much Does Issuing Of State Of Origin Certificate Cost?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.