Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,353 members, 7,860,919 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:00 PM

Which Governor Will Marry A Yaradua Next - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Governor Will Marry A Yaradua Next (780 Views)

Which Governor-Elects Are Likely To Be Removed By Tribunals? / Proof Of Buhari A Yaradua In Making (photos) / A Yaradua Drama In Far Away Malawi. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Governor Will Marry A Yaradua Next by ayoola22: 4:14pm On Feb 02, 2009
It seems the latest trend is for Governors to marry Yaraduas, its almost a government policy

So i am asking who is next, Fashola, Shekarau or Saraki

http://naijareports..com/2009/02/shekarau-fashola-to-marry-yaradua.html
Re: Which Governor Will Marry A Yaradua Next by dgreatrock(m): 4:18pm On Feb 02, 2009
ayoola22:

It seems the latest trend is for Governors to marry Yaraduas, its almost a government policy

So i am asking who is next, Fashola, Shekarau or Saraki

http://naijareports..com/2009/02/shekarau-fashola-to-marry-yaradua.html

How many governors are there in the north? add them up and subtract the ones whose names are already on the list. the balance gives you the answer.
Re: Which Governor Will Marry A Yaradua Next by mustafar1: 4:25pm On Feb 02, 2009
how many daughters do we have left to auction off to the highest bidder? that should be the first question, then we would do the permutation with the aid of that information.
Re: Which Governor Will Marry A Yaradua Next by Kobojunkie: 4:33pm On Feb 02, 2009
Is it possible the man is trying to make sure his kids are provided for after he is gone?
Re: Which Governor Will Marry A Yaradua Next by mustafar1: 4:36pm On Feb 02, 2009
kobo, u be genius! i never thot of it that way sha. the man is "investing in his kids future" hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Which Governor Will Marry A Yaradua Next by Kobojunkie: 4:39pm On Feb 02, 2009
Well, I feel the marriages were rushed, and since he is supposedly an educated man living in a country like Nigeria, that is the only explanation that makes sense to me. Sure, he may be religious, but considering his illness, it may be that he has not been getting good news lately and is trying to ensure all his daughters are taken care of should he leave in the next couple of years/months.

Only wished he would approach the country the same way. The man needs to resign if he cannot handle the job.
Re: Which Governor Will Marry A Yaradua Next by chidichris(m): 8:55am On Feb 03, 2009
kobo, no matter how cow purge reach, he can never be a small as a goat.
if yar adua dies today, the family are already made and believe u me, the family made and made money wise.
as for who will marry the next daughter, i think it is going to be the late yobe state gov.
Re: Which Governor Will Marry A Yaradua Next by Muza(m): 9:16am On Feb 03, 2009
All i can tell u is that it will be a very corrupt Gov,
cos the corrupt govs need a kind of shield or insurance,and marrying a first daughter will give them their much needed cover.
Re: Which Governor Will Marry A Yaradua Next by gadogado(m): 9:20am On Feb 03, 2009
yar'adua is rich,the entire yar;adua family is rich, from their father who is of royal blood and was in tafawa balewa's government as a minister of lagos in 1960, to his brother, general shehu yar'adua who was killed by abacha,he was a billionaire and the political godfather of atiku abubakar.yar'adua himself in his asset declaration is worth two billion naira or so.he can leave that for his kids and they'll be ok.the marriages are not about money. its more about political consolidation and power. the marrigaes mean that the yar'adua's as in future generations like his grandchildren will have a wider political network in the north and there are many many yar'aduas from that family. theyll enjoy goodwill and political expediency. its similar to the way royalty maintained marrigaes within the political class (elite). dont forget that yar'adua family are an aristocratic fulani family as in even before the british came into the are,they were a land owning family and had royal blood.
if you beleive that blood rather than opportunity or education determines your success in life then you'll understand their way of thinking (aristocrats) for example,in russia during the czar,they had nobles and aristocrats but when the revolution came and the communists forcefully confiscated all their money and property and made it state property,they were reduced to ordinary citizens but after nearly a century when communism ended in 1989,in russia today,its the blood decendents of those aristocrats of the 1800's that are today's billionaires in russia.notice they didnt inherit anything,its a function of blood.
Re: Which Governor Will Marry A Yaradua Next by cooldays(m): 9:28am On Feb 03, 2009
dont u all know dat the royals marry within, yaradua want them to enjoy the security of aso rock even wen married.
may agagu should rush and get one too.
Re: Which Governor Will Marry A Yaradua Next by Muza(m): 9:34am On Feb 03, 2009
All i know is that they all stench of corruption
Re: Which Governor Will Marry A Yaradua Next by dgreatrock(m): 12:02pm On Feb 03, 2009
We hear! It is politics a man is playing with the life of his kids. embarassed

If the ladies are happy with it, fine!

We cannot take paracetamol for another man's head ache!
Re: Which Governor Will Marry A Yaradua Next by hollandis(f): 12:43pm On Feb 03, 2009
dgreatrock:

We hear! It is politics a man is playing with the life of his kids. embarassed

If the ladies are happy with it, fine!

We cannot take paracetamol for another man's head ache!
I tire o
Re: Which Governor Will Marry A Yaradua Next by Lagosboy: 1:55pm On Feb 03, 2009
one of the governors would at least be a vice president in 2015 so a yaradua would still be in power when he his gone. After another 8 yrs the same governor might now be a president so another yaradua as first lady. Kai Turai is smart and power drunken.
Re: Which Governor Will Marry A Yaradua Next by Muza(m): 4:41pm On Feb 03, 2009
lets wait and see which gov is next,it may even be Ibori or Saraki.

Re: Which Governor Will Marry A Yaradua Next by Lagosboy: 5:47pm On Feb 03, 2009
This is damn hilarious.

Frankly speaking what other achievements have Yaradua made apart from marrying off his daughters.

(1) (Reply)

African View: Obama Snubs Nigeria? Just Think I Should Share This With You / Anambra Again: INEC Backs Andy Uba! (It's Do, Die Or Destroy). / Big Shame:: National Assembly Organises Cash And Carry Local Govt Award.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.