Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today (39032 Views)

White Girl Sees Nigerian Fried Plantain For The First Time And Reacts / Making My Own Kfc Home Made fried chicken / How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by Nobody: 12:16am On Apr 26, 2015
TheRealAdonye:
Lessons:

This was my first time and if you've ever had a first time wink, you'll know it's hardly ever perfect.

1. Shake off excess flour after dipping it in the mix if not na Buns go surround your Chicken.
2. Beware of Salt. Adjust the recipe to what you have. 2 tablespoons of salt might be a bit too much depending on what you are working with.
3. Have enough oil. It's called deep frying for a reason.
4. Except you are absolutely sure that your hand is drier than the Sahara, please don't drop the Chicken in the Oil with your hand. Biko.
Also don't drop it from a distance, bring the Chicken as close as you can.
5. Keep the Chicken on a serviette for a while when its removed from the oil. Enough said.

This is the first try. I'm on the lookout for the rest of the spices. Anyone who knows where I can purchase them in PH should please let me know.

It's been a Pleasure.
So you're going? Just like that abi? After making us hungry. Isorrait
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by TheRealAdonye(m): 12:20am On Apr 26, 2015
Aww, you're hungry?
How many do you want?
SocialRecluse:

So you're going? Just like that abi? After making us hungry. Isorrait
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by Nobody: 11:42am On Apr 26, 2015
Wow... Looking good esp the half bitten one... You tried ooo... so something like this went down and you didn't call me to come hv a taste? cry cry

People like Davide470, Lero15, Tolutweety, Spawne, scypt, unofficial, etc be waiting for their GFs to come do it.. tongue tongue grin grin
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by Ariyke: 11:56am On Apr 26, 2015
Looks yummy

1 Like

Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by davide470(m): 12:36pm On Apr 26, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Wow... Looking good esp the half bitten one... You tried ooo... so something like this went down and you didn't call me to come hv a taste? cry cry

People like Davide470, Lero1.5, Tolu.tweety, S.pawne, sc.ypt, unoff.icial, etc be waiting for their GFs to come do it.. tongue tongue grin grin
The "GF's" are already here and "they" know the recipe already. so no bother grin
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by unofficial(m): 12:58pm On Apr 26, 2015
MarvellousGod:

People like Davide470, Lero15, Tolutweety, Spawne, scypt, unofficial, etc be waiting for their GFs to come do it.. tongue tongue grin grin

She wont even give me the chance to make it, she's made me lazy sad tongue
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by Jamean(f): 1:05pm On Apr 26, 2015
I feel like spanking you grin

davide470:
The "GF's" are already here and "they" know the recipe already. so no bother grin
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by Nobody: 1:16pm On Apr 26, 2015
unofficial:

She wont even give me the chance to make it, she's made me lazy sad tongue

grin grin grin grin grin... why will she let you when she fully knows you'll make a mess grin grin tongue
Oga, you no reply me for whatsapp again sad

davide470:
Go and learn how to cook ooo, it's romantic. . I don talk my own... grin

Adonye could be of help to both of you. .. cheesy tongue
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 26, 2015
Jamean:

Are you the gf? Knack me tori cheesy cheesy
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by Jamean(f): 1:25pm On Apr 26, 2015
Hehe...don't burn David's beans o cheesy

MarvellousGod:
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by davide470(m): 2:08pm On Apr 26, 2015
Jamean:

There's no beans on the fire.

My GF is... is....

*ba3 dead* lipsrsealed
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by TheRealAdonye(m): 2:55pm On Apr 26, 2015
Thanks o..
I would have called but there's the small matter of me not having your number.
How's Oga?
MarvellousGod:

Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by TheRealAdonye(m): 2:55pm On Apr 26, 2015
Jamean:
Hmmm!
See husband material 100yards cheesy
*yinmu* tongue

So you wan spoil business for KFC abi..you want that old man to go back to the village sad

Anyway, be ready to host us with this Chicken when next you are in Gidi..Infact, to celebrate that level wink smiley

cc
Davide470
Veevean1
SingleFade25
Ferdybaba
Lero15
Cocolav

et al the Lagos peeps cheesy
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by TheRealAdonye(m): 2:57pm On Apr 26, 2015
I'm honored and

See set up o..

Jamean:

Hmmm!
See husband material 100yards cheesy
*yinmu* tongue

So you wan spoil business for KFC abi..you want that old man to go back to the village sad

Anyway, be ready to host us with this Chicken when next you are in Gidi..Infact, to celebrate that level wink smiley

cc
Davide470
Veevean1
SingleFade25
Ferdybaba
Lero15
Cocolav

et al the Lagos peeps cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by TheRealAdonye(m): 3:16pm On Apr 26, 2015
Just here to connect dots...
And find trouble.. grin grin
Jamean:
I hope you are learning sad
davide470:
Nope.
The only thing I saw was the finished product..
Go and sleep and stop thinking about chickens..
Jamean:
Very bad reading habit
MarvellousGod:

People like Davide470 be waiting for their GFs to come do it.. tongue tongue grin grin
davide470:
Jamean:
MarvellousGod:
Jamean:
davide470:
There's no beans on the fire.
My GF is... is....
*ba3 dead* lipsrsealed

7 Likes

Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by davide470(m): 5:15pm On Apr 26, 2015
shocked
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by Lero15(m): 6:57pm On Apr 26, 2015
MarvellousGod:

undecided undecided
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by Jamean(f): 7:00pm On Apr 26, 2015
Inspector Bediaku... sad

TheRealAdonye:
Just here to connect dots...
And find trouble.. grin grin

Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by Jamean(f): 7:02pm On Apr 26, 2015
Na you set yourself up tongue

TheRealAdonye:
I'm honored and

See set up o..

Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 26, 2015
TheRealAdonye:
Thanks o..
I would have called but there's the small matter of me not having your number.
How's Oga?
Alright. . Understandable. ..

He's doing great. . Thanks... smiley smiley

Lero15:

undecided undecided
tongue tongue tongue grin tongue
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by pretydiva(f): 4:16pm On Apr 28, 2015
Op did u boil d meat 1st or u did it raw?
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by TheRealAdonye(m): 5:16pm On Apr 28, 2015
Did it Raw. That sounded dirty but whatevs
It's tempting to give it some good ol' steaming, I know.
pretydiva:
Op did u boil d meat 1st or u did it raw?
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by udysweet(f): 6:58am On May 02, 2015
Lol@ nos 4 and 5!anyway nice to knw der re guys who can cook or atleast try,in dat way house no go suffer wen madam dey on 9mnth course and can't cook or stand smell of som fud. Nice one @op
TheRealAdonye:
Lessons:

This was my first time and if you've ever had a first time wink, you'll know it's hardly ever perfect.

1. Shake off excess flour after dipping it in the mix if not na Buns go surround your Chicken.
2. Beware of Salt. Adjust the recipe to what you have. 2 tablespoons of salt might be a bit too much depending on what you are working with.
3. Have enough oil. It's called deep frying for a reason.
4. Except you are absolutely sure that your hand is drier than the Sahara, please don't drop the Chicken in the Oil with your hand. Biko.
Also don't drop it from a distance, bring the Chicken as close as you can.
5. It can be tempting to remove the Chicken before time. Don't. Except you like pink insides with a hint of blood.
6. Keep the Chicken on a serviette for a while when its removed from the oil. Enough said.
7. Note to self: A Meat and Normal thermometer is a necessity.

This is the first try. I'm on the lookout for the rest of the spices. Anyone who knows where I can purchase them in PH should please let me know.

It's been a Pleasure.
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by Jamean(f): 10:44pm On Jul 21, 2015
For the first time cry

cc Lalasticlala

I think this is worth viewing
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 21, 2015
What's yum yum here?
greatmarshall:
Yum yum yum yummyyy tongue
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by tola9ja: 10:57pm On Jul 21, 2015
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by Obiwannn: 10:59pm On Jul 21, 2015
goon try this soon
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by gamaliel121(m): 11:00pm On Jul 21, 2015
TheRealAdonye:
I knew today was going to be a lazy Saturday so I had made plans to try something new in the kitchen.
I decided it was going to be KFC styled Fried Chicken. I spent the week familiarizing myself with different recipes I came across. I was at the market yesterday to get the remaining ingredients which I needed and were not available in my kitchen.

Recipe:
Colonel Sanders' recipe had 11 spices. These are Paprika, Onion powder, Salt, Sage, Allspice, Garlic, Oregano, Chili, Black pepper, Marjoram and Basil.

I wasn't able to get all the spices but I made do with what I had, so here goes.

1 tablespoon of Black Pepper
1 tablespoon of Thyme (substitute for Basil)
1 tablespoon of ground garlic (I couldn't get Garlic powder so I bought the fresh one and used approx. 1 cm of it)
2 tablespoons of Salt
1 tablespoon of Onion powder ( I used half of a medium sized Onion instead)

4 cloves of Ginger (not in the recipe but because Individuality)
In addition,
3 cups of All-purpose Flour
1 tin of Milk
2 fresh eggs
Chicken.

I was ready to begin.

Cc
MissyB3
Tjskii
Lalasticlala
Ishilove

U try...
I cnt fry chicken and not eat atleast 2 pieces out of the whole thing...lol
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by sukkot: 11:01pm On Jul 21, 2015
TheRealAdonye:
Finished product.

Awon goons were obviously excited. Nice afternoon snack.
now thats how you make chicken. i feel like eating what you made. first time it has ever happened to me all these years of nairalander cookers posting their food

1 Like

Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by Jamean(f): 11:02pm On Jul 21, 2015
tsdarkside:

The Unsolveable Conflict With Igbos Asking For Biafra

by tsdarkside
date:21.07.2015

i am very angry with those igbos asking for a country named biafra in nigerian territory....but i admire their courage and their mind..
i asked my self,am i wrong,to be angry with them,after all,nigeria was managed realy like a zoo...i am sure every nigerian,wheater na yoruba or hausa or other tribes will agree with those igbos asking for biafra....i realy agree with them on this opinion...nigeria till now was realy like a ZOO...

okay..i gave myself a push,and try to understand this so called biafrans...i went to youtube,and watch many videos(ohh gigabytes ohh,my money suffered),of this so called biafrans demonstrating all over the world....and i was shocked....this matter is not something that will just calm down,just like that....their are demonstrations all over the world of this so called biafrans...from america to europe,even in india...i was shocked..!!! this matter is serious....they realy want their own,no matter what...

this people realy mean business,,,this is realy no matter for other nigerians to joke about,,,they mean business!!!

hmmm...okay i taught..now what??...i came back to myself...i know history.......now that i know that they are not few...i will give them 2 solutions...i dont want to be with someone,that dont like to be with me...

TWO SOLUTIONS:
1. this so called biafrans can go to the nigerian goverment,and ask for a autonimous biafran area but within nigeria,but under nigerian autority,the peaceful way(of course,only igbos that want to be biafran),it works in england,scotland and wales are both autonimous,but still england.

or

2. this so called biafrans can gather money toghether,and buy an island somewere in the world and rule their..... and still be friends with nigerians and keep their properties and make business the peaceful way....

anything else will be disaster......

forgive my writing,i never wrote something my self before...normaly i only copy and paste.....

You are so Lucky that I am not a mod. I would have deleted this trash. Wool never finish for you to make your own thread.

1 Like

Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by An2elect2(f): 11:05pm On Jul 21, 2015
undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area / A Glass Of Which Of The Drinks Would You Take? Why? / How To Bleach Palm Oil Safely Without Causing Air Pollution (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.