Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,209 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

How Can I Get The Holy Spirit? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can I Get The Holy Spirit? (1355 Views)

These 2 Nigerian Pastors Don’t Have The Holy Spirit In Them / The Holy Spirit Is Evil Spirit: Bible Evidence / God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Get The Holy Spirit? by Adamsdelrio(m): 5:58am On Apr 26, 2015
As a believer, I have desired to experience the divine power of the Holy Spirit. Is there anything I must do get it?
Re: How Can I Get The Holy Spirit? by Extom(m): 6:32am On Apr 26, 2015
Go to a shop where they sell holy wines. undecided

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Get The Holy Spirit? by momentum85(m): 6:36am On Apr 26, 2015
Read books about the holy spirit, ur heart and spirit 'll be open. Then look for a spirit filled man to impart his power to u and trust me u'll start doing wonders!

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Get The Holy Spirit? by Ahijobuzuzu(m): 6:51am On Apr 26, 2015
Ask & u shall receive

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Get The Holy Spirit? by Emteebee(m): 7:22am On Apr 26, 2015

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get The Holy Spirit? by Emteebee(m): 7:22am On Apr 26, 2015
Re: How Can I Get The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 7:49am On Apr 26, 2015
read all d gospel of Jesus Christ u ill see what to do
Re: How Can I Get The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 8:08am On Apr 26, 2015
what is ur motive? Is it for people to see that yes u have the spirit or is it to glorify God?

Are u doing what the Holy spirit likes?

How long Have u seek for Him?

Brother dont look back b focus until you get an Answer
Re: How Can I Get The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 8:13am On Apr 26, 2015
i have them, my price-list is below:

South African holy spirit - N135,000
Ghanaian holy spirit - N140,000
Nigerian holy spirit - N150,000
American holy spirit - N175,000

consultation fee - N100,000 (non refundable) grin

pick ur choice and get back to me for payment procedures grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Get The Holy Spirit? by Adamsdelrio(m): 6:48pm On Apr 26, 2015
Doluvincent1:
what is ur motive? Is it for people to see that yes u have the spirit or is it to glorify God?

Are u doing what the Holy spirit likes?

How long Have u seek for Him?

Brother dont look back b focus until you get an Answer
I need the Holy Spirit to be completely free from sin. I want to use it for the glory of God. I'm not like Simon that wanted to use it for his own selfish interest. I have been seeking him for 3 months now.
Re: How Can I Get The Holy Spirit? by brownjulie(f): 7:25pm On Apr 26, 2015
Adamsdelrio:
As a believer, I have desired to experience the divine power of the Holy Spirit. Is there anything I must do get it?
first you need to give your life to christ... Every born again christian has the Holy spirit, and can easily experience the divine power of the Holy spirit by simply asking....in other words, the only thing you need to do is to give your life to christ, and asking Him to take charge of you and believe me you will be amazed...
Re: How Can I Get The Holy Spirit? by dsquare33: 7:34pm On Apr 26, 2015
Adamsdelrio:
I need the Holy Spirit to be completely free from sin. I want to use it for the glory of God. I'm not like Simon that wanted to use it for his own selfish interest. I have been seeking him for 3 months now.
Thank God that you said you want to use it for the glory of God.first and foremost you must give your life to Jesus in all sincerety then continue to pray for unction of the HolySpirit, The lord told his disciples to wait for the enduement of the HolySpirit if God sees the geniuneness of your heart He will allow you to be filled with HolySpirit Luke 11 verse 13 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much will your heavenly Father give the HolySpirit to those who ask Him.
Re: How Can I Get The Holy Spirit? by Adamsdelrio(m): 7:39pm On Apr 26, 2015
brownjulie:
first you need to give your life to christ... Every born again christian has the Holy spirit, and can easily experience the divine power of the Holy spirit by simply asking....in other words, the only thing you need to do is to give your life to christ, and asking Him to take charge of you and believe me you will be amazed...
Thanks.. I'm grateful
Re: How Can I Get The Holy Spirit? by Adamsdelrio(m): 7:43pm On Apr 26, 2015
dsquare33:
Thank God that you said you want to use it for the glory of God.first and foremost you must give your life to Jesus in all sincerety then continue to pray for unction of the HolySpirit, The lord told his disciples to wait for the enduement of the HolySpirit if God sees the geniuneness of your heart He will allow you to be filled with HolySpirit Luke 11 verse 13 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much will your heavenly Father give the HolySpirit to those who ask Him.
I will keep praying until I receive it. Thanks
Re: How Can I Get The Holy Spirit? by kingslie(m): 9:03pm On Apr 26, 2015
Adamsdelrio:
try studying d gospel, fast until it becomes a way of life, listen to bible filled talks, spiritual songs worship esp. From experience I wasn't seeking for the Holy spirit before I was filled with it. Had a problem in my life that nobody could proffer solution to, it was then I become an addict to the things of God. The very first day I spoke in tongues it was then I realise that I have fasted for a whole year(2014). Seek God diligently and the Holy spirit will come naturally because its in you.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get The Holy Spirit? by Adamsdelrio(m): 1:16am On Apr 27, 2015
kingslie:
try studying d gospel, fast until it becomes a way of life, listen to bible filled talks, spiritual songs worship esp. From experience I wasn't seeking for the Holy spirit before I was filled with it. Had a problem in my life that nobody could proffer solution to, it was then I become an addict to the things of God. The very first day I spoke in tongues it was then I realise that I have fasted for a whole year(2014). Seek God diligently and the Holy spirit will come naturally because its in you.
Thanks
Re: How Can I Get The Holy Spirit? by Weah96: 3:15am On Apr 27, 2015
momentum85:
Then look for a spirit filled man to impart his power to u and trust me u'll start doing wonders!

Maybe it's just me, but I detect a lot of sexual innuendos doing on.
Re: How Can I Get The Holy Spirit? by taiwo850629: 8:24am On Apr 27, 2015
Op listen to me. Just like everything else you receive from God you have to receive the Holy Spirit by faith. That is believe that you have received it when you ask for it. Expect to speak in tongues when you receive the Holy Spirit, Acts 2:4.
Re: How Can I Get The Holy Spirit? by malvisguy212: 9:09am On Apr 27, 2015
Adamsdelrio:
you cannot get the holy spirit because it not an active force, the holy spirit dwell with us and teach us how to be holy.

Christ arose - and now lives! When He
ascended into heaven, He did not leave
His followers alone. He sent them the
Holy Spirit.
Why did God send the Holy Spirit according to the following verses?
John 14.26 He will teach you all things,
and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you
2. John 16:7-14 "...it is to your advantage
that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper shall not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you.

A man approach peter and demand for the holy spirit but peter rebuke him.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get The Holy Spirit? by johnw74: 10:15am On Apr 27, 2015
The saved have the Holy Spirit.
If you want to really experience Him in your life:

When you pray - talk, to God during quite times, and in the quiteness of your mind,
ask Him to help you be a better person, and you will experience Him working in you in various situations.
He will inspire you to think say and do differently to your old ways.
You may go your own way from time to time, but be sure to come back to Him soon.
The best way to stay in Christ is through daily prayer.
I start with, Dear God, and I thank Him for all He does for me, I ask Him for my needs,
and I praise Him because He deserves it.
Talk to Him as you would to someone who Loves you.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get The Holy Spirit? by Alexk2(m): 11:05am On Apr 27, 2015
I'll try to answer this question as much as i can knowing fully well that you may have been lured directly or indirectly into the many misconceptions abt the Holy Spirit.

First, salvation is simply defined as the changing of our old life(sinful) with the new(the life of Christ) and the active force behind the change is simply the Holy Spirit. It is actually the presence of the Holy Spirit in the life of a believer that makes him/her a new person in Christ(2 cor. 5:17).
Having said that, it becomes a misunderstanding for any believer to be asking for another Holy Spirit as if to say there is a different type of Holy Spirit.

Secondly, the Holy Spirit is 'gift' that is freely given to God's children by God. A gift is what you dont have to qualify b4 been given; you only recieve if by faith just the same way you recieve the offer of salvation.

Thirdly, the only condition that confirm your sonship or salvation is the witness of the Holy Spirit with your Spirit-romans 8:16..if you are a true child of God, there would be the witness/testimony of the Holy Spirit for a daily confimation...i have to stress this coz the popular misconception is the, confirmation comes only with speaking in tongues which i have never seen anywhere in the bible(though still a std of it sha).

Now, what i want you to be prayer for is the full manifestation of the works of the Holy Spirit; meaning we are the seek the full powerful force of the Holy Spirit through our vessels.....

Speaking in tongues is a gift from the Holy Spirit(pls. Read 1 cor. 12:7-11 very well). The last verse ends it with-'..and He gives them to each man, just as He determines'. Remember it is also a gift and a good gift @ that so it is good to pray for it and desire it but don't fret or be troubled or condemn yourself as an unbeliever just because you can't speak in tongue yet. Wait patiently for it while you keep prayer and when He determines and sees that you need it and ready for it, you'll be given.

In summary, what is all important is salvation or a new life in Christ...after that, there is no limit with the powerful force of the Holy Spirit at work in US..
I hope this helps!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get The Holy Spirit? by Adamsdelrio(m): 11:45am On Apr 27, 2015
Alexk2:
I'll try to answer this question as much as i can knowing fully well that you may have been lured directly or indirectly into the many misconceptions abt the Holy Spirit.

First, salvation is simply defined as the changing of our old life(sinful) with the new(the life of Christ) and the active force behind the change is simply the Holy Spirit. It is actually the presence of the Holy Spirit in the life of a believer that makes him/her a new person in Christ(2 cor. 5:17).
Having said that, it becomes a misunderstanding for any believer to be asking for another Holy Spirit as if to say there is a different type of Holy Spirit.

Secondly, the Holy Spirit is 'gift' that is freely given to God's children by God. A gift is what you dont have to qualify b4 been given; you only recieve if by faith just the same way you recieve the offer of salvation.

Thirdly, the only condition that confirm your sonship or salvation is the witness of the Holy Spirit with your Spirit-romans 8:16..if you are a true child of God, there would be the witness/testimony of the Holy Spirit for a daily confimation...i have to stress this coz the popular misconception is the, confirmation comes only with speaking in tongues which i have never seen anywhere in the bible(though still a std of it sha).

Now, what i want you to be prayer for is the full manifestation of the works of the Holy Spirit; meaning we are the seek the full powerful force of the Holy Spirit through our vessels.....

Speaking in tongues is a gift from the Holy Spirit(pls. Read 1 cor. 12:7-11 very well). The last verse ends it with-'..and He gives them to each man, just as He determines'. Remember it is also a gift and a good gift @ that so it is good to pray for it and desire it but don't fret or be troubled or condemn yourself as an unbeliever just because you can't speak in tongue yet. Wait patiently for it while you keep prayer and when He determines and sees that you need it and ready for it, you'll be given.

In summary, what is all important is salvation or a new life in Christ...after that, there is no limit with the powerful force of the Holy Spirit at work in US..
I hope this helps!
I have asked a lot questions about getting the fullness of the Holy Spirit and I have received different answers. You addressed one of my several questions in your comment and I'm sincerely grateful. Here's my question. If the common people from different parts of the world that were present on the day of pentecost understood the tongues that Peter and other disciples spoke, why do the tongues we hear nowadays sounding meaningless? Is it because the tongues are heavenly and cannot be understood by common men. I really need your answer please. Thanks
Re: How Can I Get The Holy Spirit? by Alexk2(m): 12:37pm On Apr 27, 2015
Adamsdelrio;
I have asked a lot questions about getting the fullness of the Holy Spirit and I have received different answers. You addressed one of my several questions in your comment and I'm sincerely grateful. Here's my question. If the common people from different parts of the world that were present on the day of pentecost understood the tongues that Peter and other disciples spoke, why do the tongues we hear nowadays sounding meaningless? Is it because the tongues are heavenly and cannot be understood by common men. I really need your answer please. Thanks
what happen on the day of penticost was chiefly as a result of the powerful force of the Holy Spirit. I have always seen it this way; they recieved the Holy Spirit and started speaking is divers tongues(in there native languages) so that the observers can also come to the knowledge of the saviour---remember that was what attracted them; the basic reason why they stayd on to listen to peter and hence got converted. This is generally what the Holy Spirit would do through us; creating an occasn for us to reach the unreached by what ordinary pple will call luck, chance and coincidence but to us as children of God, itz divine arrangment.....even the disciples don't understand what they speak but God makes that an avenue/means to reach the lost...tongues are for signs as stated in 1 cor. 14:21-22.

Now to your questn, i'm aware of those who had abused the speaking in tongues to the extend of seeing it as a language that can be learned or taught---and less emphasis is given to salvation in such churches and this is sad but this doesnt mean that there is no genuine tongues from the Holy Spirit and it doesnt have to sound meaningful or in any local dialets for it to be original---remember He(Holy Spirit) gives as He determine. If He so like, He will give a new tongue that had never by spoken by anybody and only God and those He so wish can understand what it means. May God help us all!
Re: How Can I Get The Holy Spirit? by Adamsdelrio(m): 4:51pm On Apr 27, 2015
Alexk2:

what happen on the day of penticost was chiefly as a result of the powerful force of the Holy Spirit. I have always seen it this way; they recieved the Holy Spirit and started speaking is divers tongues(in there native languages) so that the observers can also come to the knowledge of the saviour---remember that was what attracted them; the basic reason why they stayd on to listen to peter and hence got converted. This is generally what the Holy Spirit would do through us; creating an occasn for us to reach the unreached by what ordinary pple will call luck, chance and coincidence but to us as children of God, itz divine arrangment.....even the disciples don't understand what they speak but God makes that an avenue/means to reach the lost...tongues are for signs as stated in 1 cor. 14:21-22.

Now to your questn, i'm aware of those who had abused the speaking in tongues to the extend of seeing it as a language that can be learned or taught---and less emphasis is given to salvation in such churches and this is sad but this doesnt mean that there is no genuine tongues from the Holy Spirit and it doesnt have to sound meaningful or in any local dialets for it to be original---remember He(Holy Spirit) gives as He determine. If He so like, He will give a new tongue that had never by spoken by anybody and only God and those He so wish can understand what it means. May God help us all!
Amen. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

7 Yr Old Girl Reveals Adeboye, T.B Joshua, Oyedepo, Others Will Not Make Heaven / Catholic Church Transfers Rev Fr. Ejike Mbaka / Witchcraft Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.