Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,251 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Fight Against Corruption:Buhari Reads ‘riot Act’ To Family Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics /  Fight Against Corruption:Buhari Reads ‘riot Act’ To Family Members (1503 Views)

Corruption: Buhari Raises Prosecution Panel, Names Members / Senate President, Bukola Saraki Reads Riot Act On Unremitted Funds / Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fight Against Corruption:Buhari Reads ‘riot Act’ To Family Members by makzeze: 6:31am On Apr 26, 2015

. Says: If they broke the law, they’ll face the wrath

The President-elect, General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) has sounded a note of warning to his family members that he will not use his powers as president to protect any of them who broke the law, as he is set to assume the leadership of the country.

A family member, who attended the meeting summoned by the president-elect, told our reporter at the weekend that the General was very firm and solemn when he spoke to his ward in his Daura country home in Katsina State.

General Buhari addressed the members of the family, comprising of his children and other extended family members who look up to him, after he won the March 28 presidential election. He called for the solemn assembly in between his various meetings with well-wishers from various parts of the country who thronged his country home in order to congratulate him.
According to the member who spoke to our reporter, Buhari made it very clear to his family that he would not protect them if they violated the country’s law, harping on the anti-corruption mantra, which is one of the reasons why he received massive votes during the presidential polls.

Sunday Trust learnt further that he admonished his family members to seek meaningful means of earning a living, giving his life story as an example of how one could start life from a humble beginning and achieve great success in life.

The president warned them against engaging in acts that would tarnish the image of the incoming administration, adding that family members who have no legitimate business or who are not invited to the Aso Rock would be allowed into the Presidential Villa.
He also told them that he would not condone laziness from any member of the family. He advised them to work hard to earn a living, saying he worked very hard to become what he is today.

He reminded them that Nigeria is a great country with numerous opportunities, adding that only the lazy ones would wallow in poverty.

As a military head of state, General Buhari became popular for his fight against corruption through the instrument of War Against Indiscipline. During that regime, a lot of corrupt Nigerians were arrested and jailed.

It would be recalled that during the campaigns for the presidential election, General Buhari, who is known for his zero tolerance to corruption and wastage of public funds, also promised to scrap the Office of the First Lady, though his wife, Aisha became involved in the campaign for his election.

The president-elect, who will be sworn in on May 29, said that none of his family members would accompany him to Abuja without formal invitation. He, however, said they would have enough time with him whenever he is in Daura, adding that Aso Villa is meant for those who are ready to work, not idle family members.
Speaking in an earlier interview, the Vice-President-elect, Professor Yemi Osinbajo had said General Buhari would not spare anyone who is engaged in corruption, not even his family members.

Professor Osinbajo had said, “On the various issue of corruption, what General Buhari has said categorically is that as far as he is concerned, the day he is sworn-in as president, he would have drawn a line. Anybody who runs foul of the law, anything that is been investigated before will continue as it is.

“If you are found to be corrupt, you will receive the consequence, no matter who you are. Whether you are his brother, sister, his friends there will be consequences. That is what he has said and I think that is in line with the position of the party.”

source: www.dailytrust.com.ng/sunday/index.php/news/20525-fight-against-corruption-buhari-reads-riot-act-to-family-members

4 Likes

Re:  Fight Against Corruption:Buhari Reads ‘riot Act’ To Family Members by Nobody: 6:33am On Apr 26, 2015
gmb is like me , i am mr no nonsense

3 Likes

Re:  Fight Against Corruption:Buhari Reads ‘riot Act’ To Family Members by makzeze: 6:34am On Apr 26, 2015
Buhari, a man of wisdom.

May God continue to guide, protect,give him long life and bless him.

Ameen!

3 Likes

Re:  Fight Against Corruption:Buhari Reads ‘riot Act’ To Family Members by Sunbassen(m): 6:34am On Apr 26, 2015
Charity they say, begins at home. Good step!

4 Likes

Re:  Fight Against Corruption:Buhari Reads ‘riot Act’ To Family Members by imbless: 6:34am On Apr 26, 2015
that's the president talking

4 Likes

Re:  Fight Against Corruption:Buhari Reads ‘riot Act’ To Family Members by tunwumi: 6:35am On Apr 26, 2015
Charity begins at home

4 Likes

Re:  Fight Against Corruption:Buhari Reads ‘riot Act’ To Family Members by Nobody: 6:36am On Apr 26, 2015
Too much talk . . . I don't expect any action anyway.
Re:  Fight Against Corruption:Buhari Reads ‘riot Act’ To Family Members by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:38am On Apr 26, 2015
Na watch I dey watch nah..
Re:  Fight Against Corruption:Buhari Reads ‘riot Act’ To Family Members by dominique(f): 6:38am On Apr 26, 2015
FINALLY!!! Now we have a leader.

5 Likes

Re:  Fight Against Corruption:Buhari Reads ‘riot Act’ To Family Members by Hopez456(m): 6:47am On Apr 26, 2015
That's a leader!Fighting corruption starts with oneself and his immediate family.

4 Likes

Re:  Fight Against Corruption:Buhari Reads ‘riot Act’ To Family Members by kayboy4y(m): 6:49am On Apr 26, 2015
Baba has spoken. Prof has corroborated it. They both see corruption as stealing. Wen fighting corruption, u start from ur immediate family members. This shows that they're not clueless, they know wia to tackle it from. Unlike the shoeless man from Otuoke that sees corruption as a normal thing.

Gen. Buhari, you're truly mai Gaskiya!

6 Likes

Re:  Fight Against Corruption:Buhari Reads ‘riot Act’ To Family Members by Sweetguy25: 6:50am On Apr 26, 2015
We call it eye service.
Re:  Fight Against Corruption:Buhari Reads ‘riot Act’ To Family Members by 2fine2fast(m): 6:56am On Apr 26, 2015
God has finally turned the captivity of Nigeria..
I'm actually very happy.
Sai Buhari
Sai Nigeria

2 Likes

Re:  Fight Against Corruption:Buhari Reads ‘riot Act’ To Family Members by zigger(m): 7:02am On Apr 26, 2015
Am not gettin carried away, lets wait and see what happens after may29
Re:  Fight Against Corruption:Buhari Reads ‘riot Act’ To Family Members by arewafederation: 7:06am On Apr 26, 2015
This is the Buhari I know; Very disciplined and hard working.

Sai Baba!

2 Likes

Re:  Fight Against Corruption:Buhari Reads ‘riot Act’ To Family Members by bettercreature(m): 7:11am On Apr 26, 2015
Let wait then see what will happen
Re:  Fight Against Corruption:Buhari Reads ‘riot Act’ To Family Members by Nobody: 7:12am On Apr 26, 2015
I wish this man the strength,wisdom,perseverance to preside over this nation because we have too many bad people that would stop at nothing to make sure he doesn't perform. I pray for a better nigeria where there is no religious or tribal discrimination.... In Baba I believe

Sai Buhari and the Apc

2 Likes

Re:  Fight Against Corruption:Buhari Reads ‘riot Act’ To Family Members by Nobody: 7:27am On Apr 26, 2015
I love GMB but I detest the hordes of theives surrounding him
Re:  Fight Against Corruption:Buhari Reads ‘riot Act’ To Family Members by espn(m): 7:27am On Apr 26, 2015
Charity they say begins at home.. May God help U (S)
Re:  Fight Against Corruption:Buhari Reads ‘riot Act’ To Family Members by Nobody: 7:32am On Apr 26, 2015
just happy. I pray and hope you will deliver.

Sia General Mohammed Buhari okechukwu Akintunde Oluwakayode
Re:  Fight Against Corruption:Buhari Reads ‘riot Act’ To Family Members by Nobody: 7:35am On Apr 26, 2015
I never doubted Buhari's intentions and incorruptible attitude, I'm only worried about the hawks around him. Those hawks have really made all eyes to be on him including the mine. We shall see how Mr incorruptible will co-habit with Messrs corruption personified in APC undecided
Re:  Fight Against Corruption:Buhari Reads ‘riot Act’ To Family Members by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 26, 2015
Although pple surrounding you are what i dnt knw but may God be your strenght.
Re:  Fight Against Corruption:Buhari Reads ‘riot Act’ To Family Members by ishiamu(m): 7:50am On Apr 26, 2015
hopelink1:
gmb is like me , i am mr no nonsense

Smh for you, see who is mr no nonsense abegy park jare
Re:  Fight Against Corruption:Buhari Reads ‘riot Act’ To Family Members by Sirnokiopee(m): 8:20am On Apr 26, 2015
if you like call it nose service.... na you sabi

Sweetguy25:
We call it eye service.
Re:  Fight Against Corruption:Buhari Reads ‘riot Act’ To Family Members by PassingShot(m): 8:23am On Apr 26, 2015
May God bless and guide GMB to succeed in taking Nigeria to her rightful place.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re:  Fight Against Corruption:Buhari Reads ‘riot Act’ To Family Members by Ariyke: 8:26am On Apr 26, 2015
This is good if u want to be a good leader u have to start from your immediate and extended family
Re:  Fight Against Corruption:Buhari Reads ‘riot Act’ To Family Members by PassingShot(m): 8:28am On Apr 26, 2015
DrWise:
Too much talk . . . I don't expect any action anyway.

So pessimistic. We don't expect you to believe anyway.
Re:  Fight Against Corruption:Buhari Reads ‘riot Act’ To Family Members by Nukilia: 9:16am On Apr 26, 2015
The corrupt would start crying, cos its going to be a long rough path for them cheesy

If you cant stand the heat of the law, leave the country. grin grin grin

God bless GMB

TEAM GMB/PYO
Re:  Fight Against Corruption:Buhari Reads ‘riot Act’ To Family Members by patrickmuf(m): 9:24am On Apr 26, 2015
A step in the right direction... Nigeria must win the war against corruption...
Re:  Fight Against Corruption:Buhari Reads ‘riot Act’ To Family Members by makzeze: 1:20pm On Apr 26, 2015
The 'war against corruption' must be won at all cost.

(1) (Reply)

"...I Belong To Nobody" Was Buhari Refering To Tinubu And APC / A Nairalander's Interesting Argument With Femi Fani-kayode On 'twitter' / The Igbo Of Nigeria (history And Culture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.