Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,862 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

How Long Has It Been Since Jesus Was On Earth? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Long Has It Been Since Jesus Was On Earth? (740 Views)

Joshua Iginla Visits Holy Sepulchre Where Jesus Was Crucified & Buried (pics) / Since Jesus Is A Jew, Why The Alphabet J To Y / Jesus Was A Black Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Long Has It Been Since Jesus Was On Earth? by Welrez(m): 8:30am On Apr 26, 2015
Pardon me if this is the wrong forum for this question. I was reading Chinua Achebe's The Trouble With Nigeria where he said on page 40 that it was not yet one million days since Christ was on earth. This is easy to know since a simple arithmetics will yield the answer. Where I got lost was when he went further to say that it was not even half-a-million days! I feel it was more than half-a-million days btw the death of Christ and when Achebe published his book in 1983. I also know that the change from the Julian Calendar (instituted by Julius Caesar after the conquer of Egypt in 45 BC) to the Gregorian Calendar in 1582 didn't touch the number of days in a year, after the rename of Sextilis to August by emperor Augustus and adding of one day to it to make it equal to July (named after Julius Caesar) by the reduction of days in February from 29/30 to 28/29. I would be happy if someone can clarify it for me. Happy Sunday.
cc: lalasticlala, ishilove

(1) (Reply)

Married Couples Attending Different Churches,right Or Wrong? / What Does It Mean To Sing This Song ? / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 21/08/15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.