Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,714 members, 7,809,704 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

12 Haunting Facts About The Titanic That You've Never Heard Before. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 12 Haunting Facts About The Titanic That You've Never Heard Before. (2797 Views)

The Moment Ex-BBNaija Housemates Heard Of Tboss' Eviction / TITANIC: More Facts, Rare Images And Behind The Scene. / 16 Interesting Facts About The Titanic That You Probably Didn’t Know. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Haunting Facts About The Titanic That You've Never Heard Before. by cybercheatex(m): 7:13pm On Apr 26, 2015
This was gotten from http://wapblog.net/forum2_theme_112476865.xhtml?tema=1

Main site http://wapblog.net

Today, much of our knowledge of the Titanic comes from the 1998 film starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet. While we may remeber how tragic this movie was (I know I do), it doesn't even hold a candle to the real life tragedy of the event.

The Titanic was very, very real, and there's a lot to
learn about what actually happened on the night
she sank to the bottom of the ocean.

1. There was a Japanese survivor who escaped
the ship. But when he returned to Japan, he was
shamed, and told he should have gone down with
the ship.

2. One of the most emotional moments of the
Titanic film is when the band members continue
playing to calm down the passengers. And this
ACTUALLY happened. They played for hours after
the ship hit the iceberg.

3. If the iceberg had been seen only 30 seconds
before it was, and the Captain was notified, the
accident could have been avoided

4. Milton Hershey, a.k.a. the man who's behind one
of the greatest chocolate bars of all time, had
tickets to be on the Titanic, but changed his plans.

5. The four smokestacks that have become so
famous, and associated with the ship? The fourth
one didn't even work! It was totally just for
decoration.

6. More than half of the lifeboats on the ship were
not filled to capacity.

7. Only one ocean liner in history has been sunk by
an iceberg: Titanic.

8. There had been a sort of life boat drill planned
for the day before the ship sank. It would allow
passengers to actually practice what to do in the
case of an emergency. It was cancelled.

9. The infamous iceberg that brought the Titanic to
her knees has been floating around since around
1,000 B.C.

10. The budget for the James Cameron film Titanic
was actually higher than the budget spent on
building the ship in real life.

11. The chef was one of the survivors from the
ship, and his survival is credited to the amount of
liquor he drank right before going underwater,
which kept his body temperature up.

12. The Californian, another ship in the Atlantic that
night, was not very far from the Titanic. But the
communication to them was delayed, and they
were unable to rescue the many passengers.

H/T: Viralnova / omgfacts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 12 Haunting Facts About The Titanic That You've Never Heard Before. by Proxy001(m): 8:15pm On Apr 26, 2015
nice info.. but I think what made the Almighty Titanic sink was the fact that its builders boasted that nothing "not even God himself" could sink the ship. and to prove them wrong, the sophisticated ship made just half a trip and it was gone. pride indeed goes before a fall

4 Likes

Re: 12 Haunting Facts About The Titanic That You've Never Heard Before. by cybercheatex(m): 8:26pm On Apr 26, 2015
yea, that true
Re: 12 Haunting Facts About The Titanic That You've Never Heard Before. by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 26, 2015
Number 2 really got to me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 12 Haunting Facts About The Titanic That You've Never Heard Before. by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 26, 2015
Nice 1 bro
Re: 12 Haunting Facts About The Titanic That You've Never Heard Before. by Nobody: 10:02pm On Apr 26, 2015
dis film is so emotional dat i want to watch it with my babe so dat after dat we sleep
Re: 12 Haunting Facts About The Titanic That You've Never Heard Before. by symbianDON(m): 8:54pm On Apr 27, 2015
Proxy001:
nice info.. but I think what made the Almighty Titanic sink was the fact that its builders boasted that nothing "not even God himself" could sink the ship. and to prove them wrong, the sophisticated ship made just half a trip and it was gone. pride indeed goes before a fall
you are right my brother. the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. to think of it that a mere iceberg sank the almighty titanic!

1 Like

Re: 12 Haunting Facts About The Titanic That You've Never Heard Before. by Moarek5k: 7:24pm On May 23, 2015
Re: 12 Haunting Facts About The Titanic That You've Never Heard Before. by dodobytes: 4:00pm On May 25, 2015
Proxy001:

silly statement,pls God does not need to prove a point by sinking a ship and killing innocent souls.

5 Likes

Re: 12 Haunting Facts About The Titanic That You've Never Heard Before. by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 23, 2015
dodobytes:

silly statement,pls God does not need to prove a point by sinking a ship and killing innocent souls.
Thank you.
Re: 12 Haunting Facts About The Titanic That You've Never Heard Before. by mrdan(m): 7:42pm On Jul 23, 2015
I don't think number 9, the floating iceberg since 1,000 BC is true.
Re: 12 Haunting Facts About The Titanic That You've Never Heard Before. by Amazinpeace(f): 7:59pm On Jul 23, 2015
interesting
Re: 12 Haunting Facts About The Titanic That You've Never Heard Before. by MRosario(m): 8:13pm On Jul 24, 2015
dodobytes:

Thank you very much........over d years dis line has made God look very wicked and heartless......dumb line
Re: 12 Haunting Facts About The Titanic That You've Never Heard Before. by tspun(m): 6:31pm On Jul 25, 2015
You just make me wanna watch that movie again
Re: 12 Haunting Facts About The Titanic That You've Never Heard Before. by cybercheatex(m): 9:23pm On Oct 21, 2015
Hmmmm. Long time

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Watch Or Download Money Heist Season 3 / Favorite Tv Show Quotes / Big Brother Africa The Chase Eviction Live Updates 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.