Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) (28244 Views)

Rituals: Ondo Police Arrest Teachers For Taking Pupils' Blood & Fingernails / Pupils Of A Primary School Climbing Fence / A Primary School Where Pupils Wear Chelsea Jersey As Their Sportswear (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by anonimi: 9:54am On Apr 27, 2015
Jackeeh:

I get you. but still, as a parent, I'm supposed to teach my kids sex education, right? OK. buh am I also to encourage them to be sexually active as young as they are? Heck no. I teach them from birth and when they come of age, they can put to practice what I thought them. Same logic applies to politics.

Where did you get the highlighted from

2 Likes

Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by ceejay80s(m): 9:54am On Apr 27, 2015
Jackeeh:

It's wrong because he's not 18 yet. This should begin in secondary institutions.
Are all secondary sch students 18yrs old

2 Likes

Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by omokoladele(m): 9:54am On Apr 27, 2015
Catch them young.......Future of Nigerian Politics!

There is nothing bad in that.....its part of leadership training!

2 Likes

Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by Blurry: 9:54am On Apr 27, 2015
lol
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by kenedy175(m): 9:55am On Apr 27, 2015
CHANGE!
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by fuchong(m): 9:56am On Apr 27, 2015
End time things. Wonders shall never end
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by Everydaeguy(m): 9:56am On Apr 27, 2015
Jackeeh:
This is wrong.
there is nothing wrong about it...such is even done abroad.....

2 Likes

Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by Nobody: 9:59am On Apr 27, 2015
Nothing wrong with it biko

1 Like

Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by UnknownT: 9:59am On Apr 27, 2015
Its a nice thing to do joor. Not only posters, there will be a "manifesto" day when the candidates will tell their fellow students their manifesto. You need to see how they prepare the speeches, quoting well known statesmen like Abraham Lincoln and co
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by Nicepoker(m): 10:00am On Apr 27, 2015
I hope they will declear their assets religiously.

1 Like

Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by BOWIEWHITE(m): 10:01am On Apr 27, 2015
[color=#990000][/color] what is the the meaning of this now,shit happens
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by kishimi8(m): 10:01am On Apr 27, 2015
Well I attended a unity school, , and all prefects are usually voted in by students.. FGC azare
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by fuchong(m): 10:01am On Apr 27, 2015
Should be based on hard work not election
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by tabisegroup(m): 10:01am On Apr 27, 2015
Jackeeh:
This is wrong.
It's totally right... Catching them young... The earlier the better. grin
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by 1stola: 10:03am On Apr 27, 2015
All these schools sha ..
smh
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by Champele(m): 10:04am On Apr 27, 2015
This a good development for some of you undeveloped mind. I will even teach my child about sex from Ten yr old.if you don',internet will do that for you.either in a good way or bad.

1 Like

Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by Nobody: 10:04am On Apr 27, 2015
this is actually a good thing.
FIRST OF ALL, if 3 or 4 people are worth enough to be the head prefect, why not just hold an election?
this would also teach the kids so many things!
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by ZionJay(m): 10:04am On Apr 27, 2015
There is nothing absolutely wrong about this. The political culture like every other culture should be introduced to the young ones at tender ages.What we need do as elders is to help set the right standards and help monitor holistically.

1 Like

Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by tk4rd: 10:05am On Apr 27, 2015
Pebcak:

Why do you think is wrong?

Even in the Universities, big Posters are not allowed.. And here, a primary school kid used a full-colour-print mounted-banner.. For what.?? What gains are there in contesting for Head-boy that he had to spend that much.?
Billionaires' kids school shaa..
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by Gboliwe: 10:07am On Apr 27, 2015
Jackeeh:

It's wrong because he's not 18 yet. This should begin in secondary institutions.

What an argument! Would he be 18 by secondary school?
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by ziccoit: 10:07am On Apr 27, 2015
Jackeeh:
This is wrong.

It is wrong if the position is thrown open to all pupils but very right if the contest is going to be among the selected ones chosen by the teachers.
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by iamakbar(m): 10:07am On Apr 27, 2015
curiouses:
I think everything is wrong with this. Senior boy and other prefects are supposed to be selected based on merit not election.
Why is a thread like this just making Fp? why didn't my secondary school election in 2007 make Frontpage. cool
I loved the experience then albeit i just had seven votes then upon all the settlement wey boys do. grin

just saying it ain't a thing and its good.
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by Brugo(m): 10:08am On Apr 27, 2015
This is how some influential bullies will get elected as Head boys. cheesy Some teachers will try to rig sef.

Twisted country.
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by obailala(m): 10:09am On Apr 27, 2015
Catching them young! grin cheesy
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by alobam1: 10:09am On Apr 27, 2015
Way to go jare..It happened once in a secondary school in OYO state and the election was even monitored by a Catholic Diocese..The students where in tears of Joy when their candidates merged winner in a free and fair election..With the losers and winners hugging and congratulating each other..It was free of manipulation or rigging..It.can never be too early..We need to start involving everybodi in politics..Most youths of nowadays ain't interested in Politics
They know next to nothing about governance sef..We can never start too early..Thumbs up

1 Like

Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by gonzaga: 10:09am On Apr 27, 2015
It is totally wrong. At this stage, teachers should be able to identify leadership qualities in the pupils, select those that are capable and academically sound, let them go through an interview process and then appoint them.

In some schools, the students are allowed to campaign. They print T-shirts, caps and other things to canvass votes.

I have seen teachers wearing a t-shirt for a particular pupil seeking to be the head girl and all.

What then happens to the children from indigent homes who though have leadership qualities, are unable to afford these campaign goodies?

Even in my secondary school where I was the head boy, it was never about campaigning. It was about academic competence, leadership traits, and interview by the prefect selection committee.

This is how the seed of stomach infrastructure is sowed in the hearts of these young kids.
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by stonecoldcafe: 10:09am On Apr 27, 2015
Pebcak:
this will open up their mind, developed country do this and maybe it is part of what help their election process in the nation as well you will not see youths acting barbaric in developed country because its something they are used to but the first election process most youth in Nigeria go through is when they get to college and that one is as terrible as a national election.

I believe having elite youth during election time that understand election proc ess will help the nation in years to come

God bless you. A whole lot of people with closed mentality. How do we train the younger ones if we don't imbibe it in them? I over support am sef!

1 Like

Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by Diplenty(m): 10:11am On Apr 27, 2015
I think Primary school is way too early.I clearly remember that we had this in secondary school btw (1991-93, JOGS) & it had its own consequences. People who were thought to be natural leaders lost out to popularity contests. I remember a particular year when a tough guy we all thought was ideal for labour prefect lost at the polls because his opponent was a jovial bow-legged guy , who all considered to be malleable. Eventually the school had to annul the election results & impose prefects from the contestants

From following year, you will pick a nomination form & the teachers do the voting
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by bashydemy(m): 10:11am On Apr 27, 2015
Wow this make me remember when i contested for the Welfare director of my Faculty during my school days.. This is good development to train our kids. Welcome development.

1 Like

Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by mokset123: 10:12am On Apr 27, 2015
I support this 100%. It should not be the school management choosing who would be head boy or head girl or library prefect. Entrenching this mode of thinking at this stage would help open the minds of these teens aka our future leaders of tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by Seedorf009(m): 10:13am On Apr 27, 2015
This is madness on the part of parent and mainly the school authority.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amina Yahaya Is 2nd Female SUG Leader In A Northern Nigerian University / My Waec Gce Result Without Any Expo What Course Can I Study? / 35 Common Equations In Chemistry That You Must Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.