Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,226 members, 7,953,862 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:57 AM

Buhari’s Eligibility: My Case Not Withdrawn – Daunemigha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Eligibility: My Case Not Withdrawn – Daunemigha (606 Views)

Buhari Eligibility Suit Withdrawn. 22/04/2015 / Buhari’s Eligibility Suit Suffers Setback, Adjourned To April 22 / Certificate: Lawyer Wants Court To Determine Buhari’s Eligibility (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari’s Eligibility: My Case Not Withdrawn – Daunemigha by ijustdey: 8:04am On Apr 27, 2015
Following the withdrawal of suits challenging the eligibility of the President-elect, retired General Muhammadu Buhari, to contest the March 28, presidential election, one of the three plaintiffs, Donald Daunemigha, said his matter was still in court.
Daunemigha who spoke to journalists at the weekend in Abuja said the news being reported that all plaintiffs had withdrawn their suits challenging Buhari’s eligibility was not true.
“It is not true as reported by some sections of the media that I also withdrew my suit along with the two other plaintiffs who also challenged Gen. Buhari’s eligibility,” he said.
According to him: “The suit was filed against Buhari because he failed to submit his certificate of academic qualifications to the Independent National Electoral Commission, (INEC) but instead swore an affidavit which he claimed that all his academic certificate were with the secretary of the Army board, a claim which was later denied by the army.”
He said the case came up for hearing on April 23, at the Federal High Court, Abuja Division but was later adjourned to June 15, , for hearing following the absence of the trial judge, Justice Adeniyi Ademola.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/news/53126-buhari-s-eligibility-my-case-not-withdrawn-daunemigha
Re: Buhari’s Eligibility: My Case Not Withdrawn – Daunemigha by Blakjewelry(m): 8:09am On Apr 27, 2015
OK let the case continue
Re: Buhari’s Eligibility: My Case Not Withdrawn – Daunemigha by onyi4edu(f): 8:19am On Apr 27, 2015
If I may ask why was the trial judge absent when he knew he had a case to handle? Anyway ride on Mr. and I hope justice prevails either in your favour or against it.
Re: Buhari’s Eligibility: My Case Not Withdrawn – Daunemigha by dasensible1(m): 8:41am On Apr 27, 2015
The papers reported only two cases of withdrawal, we know there is an oustanding case. Take a chill Mr, we know what will happen in the end. Since you are still in court kindly remain there till................If you so wish
Re: Buhari’s Eligibility: My Case Not Withdrawn – Daunemigha by tayebest(m): 8:46am On Apr 27, 2015
Who cares? Buhari will rule for good 4yrs nd nothing will happen!

Btw, you can all carry your Mat & pillow to court nd sleep till 2019 before you can withdrawn the case. grin grin grin
Re: Buhari’s Eligibility: My Case Not Withdrawn – Daunemigha by Islie: 10:40am On Apr 27, 2015
Following the recent withdrawal of suits challenging the eligibility of the President-elect, Gen Muhammadu Buhari, to contest the March 28, 2015, presidential election, one of the three plaintiffs, Hon Donald Daunemigha, said his matter was still in court.

Daunemigha who told journalists yesterday in Abuja said the news being reported that all plaintiffs have withdrawn their suits challenging Buhari’s eligibility was not true.

He said: “I filed the suit no. FHC/ABJ/116/16 through my lawyer, Mr. Douye Fiderekumo on February 12, 2015, at the Federal High Court, Abuja challenging the eligibility of Gen Muhammadu Buhari to contest the earlier scheduled February 14, 2015, presidential election as the flag-bearer of the All Progressives Congress (APC), and was later postponed to March 28, 2015.

“It is not true as reported by some sections of the media that I also withdrew my suit along with the two other plaintiffs who also challenged Gen Buhari’s eligibility.

“The suit was filed against Buhari because he failed to submit his certificate of academic qualifications to the Independent National Electoral Commission, (INEC) but instead swore an affidavit which he claimed that all his academic certificate were with the secretary of the Army board, a claim which was later denied by the army.”

He said the case came up for hearing on Thursday April 23, 2015, at the Federal High Court, in court 6 of the Abuja Division but was later adjourned to June 15, 2015, for hearing following the absence of the trial judge, Justice Adeniyi Ademola.

However, he maintained that his suit was not being withdrawn from the court because he has the conviction about his argument that Buhari was not eligible to contest the March 28, 2015 presidential election, and also expressed optimism that justice will prevail based on the rule of law.

“I am still standing on my conviction about the matter and that is why I am still in court. I expect that justice prevail since the court is the hope of the common man.

“I want to believe also that the rule of law is upheld by every Nigerian, and anything short of that should not be overlooked. And I will remain in court with this suit until I see a logical conclusion of it,” Daunemigha stated.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/buharis-eligibility-case-not-withdrawn-hon-daunemigha/
Re: Buhari’s Eligibility: My Case Not Withdrawn – Daunemigha by dustmalik(m): 11:06am On Apr 27, 2015
dasensible1:
The papers reported only two cases of withdrawal, we know there is an oustanding case. Take a chill Mr, we know what will happen in the end. Since you are still in court kindly remain there till................If you so wish
Like Buhari said, "let them go to court and remain there".

(1) (Reply)

Igboeze Man Hacks Father & Mother To Death In Enugu state / Lagos Cancels Third Toll Plaza On Lekki-epe Expressway / UK Election; More Than 200,000 UK Ballot Papers Stolen By Van Thieves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.