Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,970 members, 7,817,848 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Hate Campaign:buhari Bars AIT From Covering Activities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hate Campaign:buhari Bars AIT From Covering Activities (620 Views)

Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me / Buhari Bars Incoming Ministers From Using Long Convoys, Appointing Excess Aides / Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hate Campaign:buhari Bars AIT From Covering Activities by icnsystem(m): 5:56am On Apr 28, 2015
…We’re sorting out professional, ethnical issues with them—Media Aide
By Levinus Nwabughiogu
ABUJA—President-elect, General Mohammadu Buhari may have just started a revenge mission on the African Independent Television, AIT when, yesterday, the security men attached to him barred the station’s correspondent, Tinabeso Bebei from covering Buhari’s functions.
Vanguard gathered that the directive was discreetly given to the correspondent by an official at the Defence House where the crew had gone to cover the visit of Cuban ambassador to Buhari.
It was learned that Buhari’s family had raised security issues which prompted the ban.
Confirming the issue, Buhari’s media aide, Mallam Garba Shehu said that such warning was given and may be revoked when some security and ethical issues were resolved with the station.
He said: “AIT has been asked to stay aside based on security and family concerns. In addition, Buhari has decided that they will have to resolve some issues relating to issues of standard and ethics.
“We will be talking with them to try and resolve the matter, but for now the station has been asked to stay aside, because like I said there are some family and security concerns. They have been asked to step down their coverage until we resolve the matter with them on ethics and standards.”
When asked whether he should be quoted, Shehu said, “yes you can quote me that I said we have asked them to step aside and that we are resolving the issues of ethics and standards with them.”
He, however, stated that the Nigerian Television Authority, NTA, was not involved in the ban, saying the crew was at liberty to attend any official engagements of the President-elect.
Meanwhile, there were feelings that Buhari’s ban of AIT came against the background of the hate documentaries and campaign messages played on the station’s network during the polls.
Source:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/hate-campaign-buhari-fights-back-bars-ait-from-covering-activities/
Re: Hate Campaign:buhari Bars AIT From Covering Activities by olymurphy(f): 6:24am On Apr 28, 2015
good for them
Re: Hate Campaign:buhari Bars AIT From Covering Activities by Raiders: 6:34am On Apr 28, 2015
I hope this is not truth. We need freedom of speech in Nigeria
Re: Hate Campaign:buhari Bars AIT From Covering Activities by izuch(m): 6:36am On Apr 28, 2015
The heat is on!
Re: Hate Campaign:buhari Bars AIT From Covering Activities by worthytalk: 6:38am On Apr 28, 2015
Senile Buhari in his typical decree 2 and 4. Terrorist Buhari can never change.
Re: Hate Campaign:buhari Bars AIT From Covering Activities by Flets: 6:38am On Apr 28, 2015
Ok
Re: Hate Campaign:buhari Bars AIT From Covering Activities by Bugatie(m): 6:41am On Apr 28, 2015
icnsystem:
…We’re sorting out professional, ethnical issues with them—Media Aide
By Levinus Nwabughiogu
ABUJA—President-elect, General Mohammadu Buhari may have just started a revenge mission on the African Independent Television, AIT when, yesterday, the security men attached to him barred the station’s correspondent, Tinabeso Bebei from covering Buhari’s functions.
Vanguard gathered that the directive was discreetly given to the correspondent by an official at the Defence House where the crew had gone to cover the visit of Cuban ambassador to Buhari.
It was learned that Buhari’s family had raised security issues which prompted the ban.
Confirming the issue, Buhari’s media aide, Mallam Garba Shehu said that such warning was given and may be revoked when some security and ethical issues were resolved with the station.
He said: “AIT has been asked to stay aside based on security and family concerns. In addition, Buhari has decided that they will have to resolve some issues relating to issues of standard and ethics.
“We will be talking with them to try and resolve the matter, but for now the station has been asked to stay aside, because like I said there are some family and security concerns. They have been asked to step down their coverage until we resolve the matter with them on ethics and standards.”
When asked whether he should be quoted, Shehu said, “yes you can quote me that I said we have asked them to step aside and that we are resolving the issues of ethics and standards with them.”
He, however, stated that the Nigerian Television Authority, NTA, was not involved in the ban, saying the crew was at liberty to attend any official engagements of the President-elect.
Meanwhile, there were feelings that Buhari’s ban of AIT came against the background of the hate documentaries and campaign messages played on the station’s network during the polls.
Source:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/hate-campaign-buhari-fights-back-bars-ait-from-covering-activities/

This is 2015 for pete's sake!
You don't suffocate opposition or media because they don't favour you.

Jonathan will forever be missed!
Re: Hate Campaign:buhari Bars AIT From Covering Activities by Arizona1: 6:43am On Apr 28, 2015
Does this old man knows what "Freedom of Information Bill" is?
I pity Nigeria and Nigerians. GEJ remains the only democratic president Nigeria has ever produced.
Re: Hate Campaign:buhari Bars AIT From Covering Activities by deltalife(m): 6:48am On Apr 28, 2015
This is the beginning of media down fall.

After May 29th, the headling will CHANGE to be that the federal govt has closed down that and that TV station for security reasons.

Nigeria is watching..............!
Re: Hate Campaign:buhari Bars AIT From Covering Activities by psucc(m): 7:05am On Apr 28, 2015
Must Buhari be a judge in his own case? Why usurp the functions of BON and others who has the right to look into ethical breaches in broadcast and sanction accordingly or the Court of Law?

He might be afraid AIT will be the Opposition's eye in his circle.

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Assembly Confirms Speaker, Others As Commissioners / How Swiss Firm, Linked To Oando Boss, Wale Tinubu Made Billions In Shady Congole / Jonathan Questions Buhari’s Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.