Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,303 members, 7,819,026 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Inec Exploit The Masses - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inec Exploit The Masses (602 Views)

Officials Rape, Exploit Female IDP's - Human Rights Watch / Masses Stage Anti-Corruption Protest In Ado-Ekiti / Opinion - Lawmaker's Constituency Allowance, Of What Benefit To The Masses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inec Exploit The Masses by ChrisNasri(m): 10:53am On Apr 28, 2015
Nigerians celebrated, its citizens both home and abroad were joyous that alas change has come to stay, Gen Muhammad Buhari is now President elect. I practically saw videos of Nigerians abroad dancing on the streets because of this same victory of the Rtd General. That was not even the end of it, even countries like the United States of America commended Nigeria for having carried out a credible and accurate election.

I am also overwhelmed by such encomium that Nigeria my country has amassed for itself by strategically and dutifully shown that elections indeed can be free and fair. I say this not only because I am a Nigerian but also because I, like thousands of other Nigerians participated in this election exercise as INEC ELECTORAL OFFICIALS.
And if by any means the just concluded election was deemed total, comprehensive and conclusive I believe that shows to a great extent how we the electoral officials were industrious and unbiased in discharging our duties. However after spending six days outside the comfort of our homes without bathing and sometimes managing only to brush our teeth and always devoid of sleep yet for some reasons best known to INEC, we the electoral officials are not yet worthy of our pay.

It should be noted that I for one discharged my duty in Alor Anambra state and as fate would have it I was assigned to the polling unit of the serving senator, Senator Chris Nwabueze Ngige. The villagers and polling agents in my unit commended my electoral team for having been effective and efficient in discharging our duties, some went as far as getting us refreshment twice that day.

Alas sitting in my house now writing this piece I gloom and I wonder because I believe the truth still lingers in the dark. I remember coming back at night with those sensitive materials, I had a very tight grip on my electoral bag. I was always seated in front seat on the bus and beside me was a police officer with gun corked and pointed at the street anticipating to fire at any form of violence or obstacle that intends to impede us from getting to our local government area at Ojoto on the same night of the election. With all these events occurring either side of the other I and my ward electoral officials could not afford to sleep because of fear of the unknown.

Eventually when we got to the Local Government Area unscathed we still sorted other miscellaneous materials and aided collation officers by issuing them our result sheets. As election process is over and winners have been announced, why has INEC not yet deem it fit to pay us here at Anambra state especially those of us that served at Idemili South LGA, because news making the round have it that some other states officials like those in Benue state have been fully paid.

If it is recorded in the Bible that the work man is worthy of his pay, I believe this question deserves an answer..... Mr Jega where did the funds meant to settle Idemili South LGA Electoral Officials go missing?

Re: Inec Exploit The Masses by temitemi1(m): 11:00am On Apr 28, 2015
Hold jega responsible for nonpayment. GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!
Re: Inec Exploit The Masses by HzRF(m): 11:22am On Apr 28, 2015
Jega has jegad or money

On a more serious note
Its a pity Daz many youth prefer to dupe Dan to work with pay that is not enof and still won't be paid on tym
Re: Inec Exploit The Masses by ddddon(m): 11:43am On Apr 28, 2015
spreads mat and observe as this hits front page

cc : seun
cc : lalalastical
Re: Inec Exploit The Masses by Nobody: 11:59am On Apr 28, 2015
hIghNECk don highjack our money, some people are even yet to be paid for the first election i.e Presidential/National Assembly elections.
Without these electoral officials, There wouldnt have been anyone known as 'The Traveller', for having trekked from Lagos to Abuja in honour of d President elect, neither will there be the incessant interviews of the President elect by the media... #OurPaymentisNeeded
Re: Inec Exploit The Masses by Dreamytosin(m): 1:07pm On Apr 28, 2015
Please someone should Tell Jega to pay us our money for both the presidential and governorship as I heard they have paid The NYSC Corps members already

(1) (Reply)

Salary Cut :NLC Gives Kogi Government 24 Hours Ultimatum / “people Must Get Back To Their Own Country. '...mugabe / My Wife Wasn’t A Model — Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.