Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

Foreigners Targeted In Massive Police Raid In South Africa - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Foreigners Targeted In Massive Police Raid In South Africa (19727 Views)

Zulu King Changes Tone And Calls For End To SA Attacks On Foreigners / Mozambican man, Emmanuel Sithole Stabbed To Death In South Africa / We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foreigners Targeted In Massive Police Raid In South Africa by seppuku: 8:26pm On Apr 28, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:
and your point being?

Points simply fly over your head so why waste my time explaining. Go back to PR-1986 South African history. Your answer lies right there.
Re: Foreigners Targeted In Massive Police Raid In South Africa by LeSudAfricaine: 8:31pm On Apr 28, 2015
seppuku:

Points simply fly over your head so why waste my time explaining. Go back to PR-1986 South African history. Your answer lies right there.
That's just the thing, I don't need you to teach me about my own history

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Targeted In Massive Police Raid In South Africa by seppuku: 8:36pm On Apr 28, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:
That's just the thing, I don't need you to teach me about my own history

but you do need me to "remind" you of them.
Re: Foreigners Targeted In Massive Police Raid In South Africa by 14(m): 10:18pm On Apr 28, 2015
Lacomus:
Nigerian Police don't do this

In SA its done more often, "stop and search" "Road block", they dont only target foreigners alone, they search everyone, if they found you to be foreigner, they woukd ask you for your papers.
Re: Foreigners Targeted In Massive Police Raid In South Africa by seppuku: 10:30pm On Apr 28, 2015
14:

In SA its done more often, "stop and search" "Road block", they dont only target foreigners alone, they search everyone, if they found you to be foreigner, they woukd ask you for your papers.

The United states has over 15 million undocumented immigrants and they don't go around stop and searching people for papers.

Welcome back Apatheid.

Did anyone say "Dumb pass"?
Re: Foreigners Targeted In Massive Police Raid In South Africa by 14(m): 10:33pm On Apr 28, 2015
seppuku:

The United states has over 15 million undocumented immigrants and they don't go around stop and searching people for papers.

Welcome back Apatheid.

Did anyone say "Dumb pass"?

We are not USA, we have different laws, so dont compare us with America. illegal immigrants pose threat to the state, since they are not known and cannot be traced.
Re: Foreigners Targeted In Massive Police Raid In South Africa by Miaraka: 10:41pm On Apr 28, 2015
Some South Africans and Nigerians don't seem to know what they want. Last week when the soldiers and police actually raided two hostels for South African men, not stop and search, they complained that the raids were in contravention of the South African constitution and human rights law and designed to please foreigners. This week they stop and search some people in two suburbs, you complain that they're targeting foreigners in order to show how tough they are against foreigners. Do you know that it was actually from those hostels that attacks were being organized and carried out and that the police fought running battles with them, just a few days before the raids? They were doing all this to protect foreigners and stop the violence. What do you actually want us to do? Do you want innocent South Africans and immigrants to suffer and die because of a small number of local and foreign criminals. Maybe our government should provide you with a list of of horrendous crimes some of the foreign criminals have committed in this country. In case you don't know, some immigrants who are here legally, working and or doing legitimate business, are against criminals from their countries. They want them to be sent back home or to jail. Do you Nigerians like when people think that all Nigerians are drug dealers 419ers, etc., because of a few rotten potatoes when you know quite well that you are a creative, hardworking, God-fearing and law-abiding nation? I studied in Nigeria in the seventies and studied with Nigerians in Europe, I know that you are good people and a great nation but other people are not that lucky.
Re: Foreigners Targeted In Massive Police Raid In South Africa by Miaraka: 10:52pm On Apr 28, 2015
Talking about the USA, please don't lie. The USA actually has a special organ which hunts down illegal immigrants. If you don't know, visit google or watch Africa magic. You'll see films which show how the USA pursues and deports illegal immigrants. You can even find out from Latin Americans, especially the Mexicans. They'll tell you how badly they are treated by the USA.

3 Likes

Re: Foreigners Targeted In Massive Police Raid In South Africa by seppuku: 10:58pm On Apr 28, 2015
Miaraka:
Talking about the USA, please don't lie. The USA actually has a special organ which hunts down illegal immigrants. If you don't know, visit google or watch Africa magic. You'll see films which show how the USA pursues and deports illegal immigrants. You can even find out from Latin Americans, especially the Mexicans. They'll tell you how badly they are treated by the USA.

Bros don't come here and lie o!

They do not hunt down illegal immigrants. In fact you cannot stop someone and ask for their immigration status. Some States tried to enact that law but were shut down by Federal Constitutional courts. If you are illegal you cannot get a drivers license in most States bar California

A police officer can ask for your identification but if you don't have one, he can only cite you and cannot arrest you.

If you commit a crime or you are arrested and are taken to Jail then at that point you will be asked about your "citizenship status", if you are deemed to be illegal. You are held and the appropriate immigration agency is contacted to come pick you up. If the agents do not show up by the time you are bailed out. Tough luck for I.C.E

If you said the UK then I would have said YES but US nope!

Please no lies!
Re: Foreigners Targeted In Massive Police Raid In South Africa by seppuku: 11:04pm On Apr 28, 2015
14:

We are not USA, we have different laws, so dont compare us with America. illegal immigrants pose threat to the state, since they are not known and cannot be traced.

Are you even able to trace your own people for that matter?
Re: Foreigners Targeted In Massive Police Raid In South Africa by Centrifude(m): 11:50pm On Apr 28, 2015
I don't know why people are complaining that we are no finally enforcing our Immigration Laws.

Remember when the SABC Crew was robbed on Live TV?

The Robbers turned out to be Foreign Nationals.

So when you don't enforce Immigration Laws the bad apples sneak in and do horrible things because they are not citizens and have nothing to lose, its very rare to hear about South Africans committing Crimes in other African Countries.
Re: Foreigners Targeted In Massive Police Raid In South Africa by seppuku: 11:53pm On Apr 28, 2015
Centrifude:
I don't know why people are complaining that we are no finally enforcing our Immigration Laws.
So when you don't enforce Immigration Laws the bad apples sneak in and do horrible things because they are not citizens and have nothing to lose, its very rare to hear about South Africans committing Crimes in other African Countries.

Because all your criminals don't know where to get passport or sneak into and so they commit crimes within location.

Duh!
Re: Foreigners Targeted In Massive Police Raid In South Africa by 14(m): 11:55pm On Apr 28, 2015
Centrifude:

There are no south africans in large numbers outside os SA, even in a peaceful country like botswana, you will hardly meet a South Africa. we tend to live in our country and try to make it better, rather than run away from a problem like most africans do.
Re: Foreigners Targeted In Massive Police Raid In South Africa by seppuku: 11:58pm On Apr 28, 2015
14:

There are no south africans in large numbers outside os SA, even in a peaceful country like botswana, you will hardly meet a South Africa. we tend to live in our country and try to make it better, rather than run away from a problem like most africans do.

Keep fooling people.

You tend to live in your country because you just got it back 20 years ago so you know nothing outside of your comfort zones/locations.

SOme animals that have lived in cages for so long as to when the cage is opened they are so familiar with their caged living home space that they are "afraid" to venture outside to the unknown.
Re: Foreigners Targeted In Massive Police Raid In South Africa by 14(m): 11:59pm On Apr 28, 2015
seppuku:

Are you even able to trace your own people for that matter?

kikikikkiikikii, you make me laugh. South africa is not like Nigeria where people data in non-existant. Here individual data is available at hone affairs, if i go and steal in smoe shop and left my finger print there, the next day i will be in jail. So illegal immigrant, since we dont have their records, commit lots of crimes knowing they will never be found.
Re: Foreigners Targeted In Massive Police Raid In South Africa by seppuku: 12:03am On Apr 29, 2015
14:

kikikikkiikikii, you make me laugh. South africa is not like Nigeria where people data in non-existant. Here individual data is available at hone affairs, if i go and steal in smoe shop and left my finger print there, the next day i will be in jail. So illegal immigrant, since we dont have their records, commit lots of crimes knowing they will never be found.

Yes that is why we just had an election with millions of voters with PVC cards!

Dullard!
Re: Foreigners Targeted In Massive Police Raid In South Africa by 14(m): 12:17am On Apr 29, 2015
seppuku:

Keep fooling people.

You tend to live in your country because you just got it back 20 years ago so you know nothing outside of your comfort zones/locations.

SOme animals that have lived in cages for so long as to when the cage is opened they are so familiar with their caged living home space that they are "afraid" to venture outside to the unknown.

We believe in fixing our problems than to run away from them, thars the difference between SA and rest of africa. If i can live a lifestyle equal to a lifestyle of a middle class American, what will i be going there to do, than to enjoy life at home. I can go for vacations, but we never overstay our tourist visa like most Nigerian do in SA, they come with visitors visa or tourist visa, once it has expired, he will stay on, ducking police officers for 5 to 10yrs.

Thats the reason why we had Free VISA entry into UK until your falks came and messed up our deal with UK, as they were using SA as bridge to UK. Coming to SA and marrying a South african lady the next day, then applied for SA citizenship, after he is granted, he never waste time, off to UK. Until UK realised that a lot of Nigerians coming in UK, are using SA passport, then UK changed the VISA requirements for all South Africans, now we are required VISA, thanks to nigerians. You see your country men have been causing havoc in SA. Thats the reason we amended our immigrations law. We are tightening the screws, illegal people are no longer welcome in SA.
Re: Foreigners Targeted In Massive Police Raid In South Africa by 14(m): 12:24am On Apr 29, 2015
seppuku:

Yes that is why we just had an election with millions of voters with PVC cards!
Dullard!
Is the PVC Card your national ID?
Re: Foreigners Targeted In Massive Police Raid In South Africa by baysol: 3:26am On Apr 29, 2015
ichidodo:
Officially, foreigners are not welcomed in SA...

Maybe they forget they are foreigners else where. Think this recalcitrant South Africans need to be punished by the rest of Africa to prove to them that a single tree cannot make the forest.
Re: Foreigners Targeted In Massive Police Raid In South Africa by seppuku: 4:10am On Apr 29, 2015
14:

Thats the reason why we had Free VISA entry into UK until your falks came and messed up our deal with UK, as they were using SA as bridge to UK. Coming to SA and marrying a South african lady the next day, then applied for SA citizenship, after he is granted, he never waste time, off to UK. Until UK realised that a lot of Nigerians coming in UK, are using SA passport, then UK changed the VISA requirements for all South Africans, now we are required VISA, thanks to nigerians. You see your country men have been causing havoc in SA. Thats the reason we amended our immigrations law. We are tightening the screws, illegal people are no longer welcome in SA.

This is the nonsense you idiots peddle because of you Xenophobic minds. The real reason the UK put visa restrictions was actual due to your Indian population and not Nigerians. The ease at which SA passports were procured and caught in the hands of these group of people alarmed the UK border agency. They warned the SA government to make the passport more fraud proof and you refused so they enforced the VISA regime.

You really think if a Nigerian got an SA passport his destination would be the UK.

Mumu!
Re: Foreigners Targeted In Massive Police Raid In South Africa by MduZA: 4:21am On Apr 29, 2015
We shall breath fresh air...indeed God is a south African!...
Re: Foreigners Targeted In Massive Police Raid In South Africa by seppuku: 4:23am On Apr 29, 2015
MduZA:
We shall breath fresh air...indeed God is a south African!...

Your government is simply window dressing for you so they can look good. Lets see if they can sustain this one year down the line.

PS if god is South African then I am prepared to go to hell cause I sure can't worship a Xenophobe
Re: Foreigners Targeted In Massive Police Raid In South Africa by MduZA: 4:27am On Apr 29, 2015
seppuku:

Your government is simply window dressing for you so they can look good. Lets see if they can sustain this one year down the line.

PS if god is South African then I am prepared to go to hell cause I sure can't worship a Xenophobe

if this wonderful development cannot be sustained,history will repeat itself....
Re: Foreigners Targeted In Massive Police Raid In South Africa by seppuku: 4:47am On Apr 29, 2015
MduZA:

if this wonderful development cannot be sustained,history will repeat itself....

A warning to knuckle heads

Fool me once shame on you!

Fool me twice shame on me!

Fool me again and you might not get the chance to fool me again.....

Your country will not survive a third Xenophobic attack.

Mark my words, I already predicted this second attack and I was right.
Re: Foreigners Targeted In Massive Police Raid In South Africa by MduZA: 4:56am On Apr 29, 2015
seppuku:

A warning to knuckle heads

Fool me once shame on you!

Fool me twice shame on me!

Fool me again and you might not get the chance to fool me again.....

Your country will not survive a third Xenophobic attack.

Mark my words, I already predicted this second attack and I was right.

there will never be a third xenophobic attack because the government is now doing the right thing.....SA will no longer for Jim and jack,only foreigners with proper documentation will stay in the country
.....those who are not appreciating our government stance should just go and hang themselves,nobody cares,why did nt you predict the existence of boko harams and warned your leaders before..?

3 Likes

Re: Foreigners Targeted In Massive Police Raid In South Africa by seppuku: 5:09am On Apr 29, 2015
MduZA:

there will never be a third xenophobic attack because the government is now doing the right thing.....SA will no longer for Jim and jack,only foreigners with proper documentation will stay in the country
.....those who are not appreciating our government stance should just go and hang themselves,nobody cares,why did nt you predict the existence of boko harams and warned your leaders before..?

1. You really need to take a class on World history if you think your government can control illegal immigration, Your world view is quite myopic

2. I don't care much about Islamic terrorist organizations. I care more about refugees and displaced peoples. That is my forte!
Re: Foreigners Targeted In Massive Police Raid In South Africa by MduZA: 5:47am On Apr 29, 2015
seppuku:

1. You really need to take a class on World history if you think your government can control illegal immigration, Your world view is quite myopic

2. I don't care much about Islamic terrorist organizations. I care more about refugees and displaced peoples. That is my forte!

you care much about refugees and displaced people because you are also a refugee,that's why you rather criticize the south African government for deporting illegal immigrants nd praise the Nigerian government for failing to bring back the missing girls...

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Targeted In Massive Police Raid In South Africa by seppuku: 6:42am On Apr 29, 2015
MduZA:

you care much about refugees and displaced people because you are also a refugee,that's why you rather criticize the south African government for deporting illegal immigrants nd praise the Nigerian government for failing to bring back the missing girls...

Silly South African. Once you are criticized your national chauvinism come out. Do you think every Africa n is a refugee because you see them in your country.

Where have I praised the Nigerian government. Besides this topic has nothing to do with Missing girls or Boko Haram. You are beginning to sound like your moronic diplomat Mr. Moye who confuses Xenophobia with Boko Haram.

If you don't want to be African I suggest you remove that suffix "African" from your national identity and do all of us on the continent a huge favor. You are embarrassing the continent as a whole by identifying as such.
Re: Foreigners Targeted In Massive Police Raid In South Africa by MduZA: 7:37am On Apr 29, 2015
seppuku:

Silly South African. Once you are criticized your national chauvinism come out. Do you think every Africa n is a refugee because you see them in your country.

Where have I praised the Nigerian government. Besides this topic has nothing to do with Missing girls or Boko Haram. You are beginning to sound like your moronic diplomat Mr. Moye who confuses Xenophobia with Boko Haram.

If you don't want to be African I suggest you remove that suffix "African" from your national identity and do all of us on the continent a huge favor. You are embarrassing the continent as a whole by identifying as such.

if you are in SA illegally you better do the right thing by legalizing yourself...or else face the music
Re: Foreigners Targeted In Massive Police Raid In South Africa by tammie24: 8:21am On Apr 29, 2015
MrTemple:
I blame d Nigerian gov both past and present 4 all dis sh*t.

D truth is, u can neva b IGBO no mata hw hard u try.
nobody is trying to be a f1athead
Why wud anyone do that?
Re: Foreigners Targeted In Massive Police Raid In South Africa by Miaraka: 8:37am On Apr 29, 2015
Why do you delete my posts? Don't you want Nigerians and other readers to know that they are being misinformed or at least be aware of other facts and decide for themselves? Is it because I don't hide the fact that I'm South African? People are spreading lies or feeding you with half truths about our country and people and you are supporting that? Why don't you let people decide for themselves?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gun Fire In Uk Parliament / Hacking Group Anonymous Declares 'Cyber War' On Russia / Pictures Of Theresa May In Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.