Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,788 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies (48867 Views)

Donald Trump Replies A Nigerian Who Supported Him Online. PICS / Zulu King Changes Tone And Calls For End To SA Attacks On Foreigners / South Africans Ignore Appeal, Continue Attacks On Foreigners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by Nobody: 6:48am On Apr 18, 2015
King Goodwill Zwelithini stands by his view that foreigners should go back to their home countries.
        
KING Goodwill Zwelithini meant each and every word when he said foreigners must pack their bags and get out of South Africa.

So said Zwelithini’s spokesman, Prince Thulani Zulu, who told Daily Sun yesterday the king has nothing to be sorry for.

The Zulu king’s outburst came on Saturday during his speech at a moral regeneration event in Pongola, northern KZN.

In the presence of both Police Minister Nathi Nhleko and provincial MEC Willies Mchunu, the king was reported to have told the gathering that it was time foreigners were told to return to their countries.

The king accused them of messing up the country’s towns by hanging their fake clothing brands on the streets.

“Now when you walk down the street you can’t recognise a shop you used to know because it has been taken over by foreigners who mess it up by hanging up rags,” the king said.

His remarks were widely condemned as encouraging hatred towards foreigners, which may result in more violent behaviour towards them.

But Prince Thulani said the king won’t apologise because he stood by what he said.

“I think the people who’re complaining are misinterpreting his speech.

“He didn’t say foreigners must be attacked or harassed.

“The king was talking about foreigners who are here illegally.

“Some are involved in serious crimes like drug and human trafficking.

“We don’t need such people in our country so the king is right,” said Zulu.

The king’s speech has been strongly criticised for fuelling hatred against foreigners by the Somali Association of South Africa and the Congolese Solidarity Campaign.

The provincial government distanced itself from the king’s speech. It said it was guided by the Constitution, which guarantees human rights for all in SA.

Source - http://www.dailysun.co.za/news/2015-03-25-king-zwelithini-i-wont-apologies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by Pinkiedearie(f): 6:53am On Apr 18, 2015
That king is crazy!!!

Sha,some foreigners there are into drug dealing. I know of one,he shuttles btwn Nigeria n' SA

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by Oklander: 6:54am On Apr 18, 2015
That king should shut up, South Africa is a no man's land, after all it was developed by foreigners. grin

I don't blame them though, make we face our country develop am, nobody would be running out to other countries only to be maltreated.

EDIT*
Why some dull people dey quote me. No place be no mans land na, funny I have to explain that I wanted been sarcastic grin grin grin.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by mhizpeaarl(f): 6:55am On Apr 18, 2015
Hmm undecidedhe was high , he will soon apologize saying he was high grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by politricks: 6:56am On Apr 18, 2015
This guy is high
Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by NaMe4: 6:58am On Apr 18, 2015
So his people are doing a good job abi?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by Nobody: 6:58am On Apr 18, 2015
Is that king related to Oba Akiolu?

335 Likes 23 Shares

Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by RichDad1(m): 6:59am On Apr 18, 2015
He who hear let him hear. Any Nigerian still in SA should start parking their loads to return home-at least until this madness is over. You've been warned. Move out now to avoid stories that touch.
If you can make in SA, you'll definitely make on here. I pray all is well.

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by Nobody: 7:03am On Apr 18, 2015
Mods. Front page here undecided
Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by Entchidodo: 7:04am On Apr 18, 2015
It will be hypocritical to expect a king of a whole war-like tribe especially of the world renowned Zulus to apologise when you support the rigid stance of a despotic and crude Oba of an inconsequential island amongst the greater 'no man's land' locations in Lagos,that's not saying we support his rhetoric but there's a need to sound a call for sober reflection.

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by shikshark: 7:07am On Apr 18, 2015
Mtn and dstv should go and beg this king because the king is killing dem small small

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by oduastates: 7:10am On Apr 18, 2015
All caused by a lack of leadership. South Africa dropped the ball big time. Not only did they lose control of their immigration system, they left the system created by apartheid intact.
One thing you can tell from merely watching videos and documentaries is that the men, most especially those living in the townships are poorly (or should I say ill educated) and ill equipped to function in a modern society.
The government's focus was on creating elites rather breaking the barriers created by apartheid.
Now, the social equilibrium has broken and all sense of justice and humanity has been lost.
Odia ofeimum actually breaks it down better in this 2 years old video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDZhec12o_k

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by eleojo23: 7:10am On Apr 18, 2015
Really? undecided
This people can't be reasoned with

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by imbless: 7:12am On Apr 18, 2015
Thunder go fire that man
This stu*pid king is promoting violence

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by phlemzy: 7:19am On Apr 18, 2015
Nigerians there better find their ways home. Together we will join GMB to make Nigeria work. Who says we can't awaken our system to work better than theirs. May God punish those past wicked leaders of ours that have left our system this worse as a nation.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by sinkhole: 7:19am On Apr 18, 2015
oduastates:
All caused by a lack of leadership. South Africa dropped the ball big time. Not only did they lose control of their immigration system, they left the system created by apartheid intact.
One thing you can tell from merely watching videos and documentaries is that the men, most especially those living in the township are poorly or should I say ill educated and ill equipped to function in a modern society.
The government's focus was on creating elites rather breaking the barriers created by apartheid.
Now, the social equilibrium has broken and all sense of justice and humanity has been lost
Almajiris in Nigeria are better educated than black South Africans! It is better and more profitable for black immigrant to SA to mix with white SA than to mix with their fellow black SAfricans.

5 Likes

Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by nerodenero: 7:29am On Apr 18, 2015
What is the political gains for the Zuma-led government to have allowed this to linger on? What gains can be more than protecting lives and properties of humans like you?

What if SA is dealing with terror? Obviously it would have overwhelmed them if xenophobic attacks could last this long.

Apartheid came and Africa stood and with the madness being exhibited by these people, they have successfully made more enemies than friends.

11 Likes

Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by Ddonoflife(m): 7:29am On Apr 18, 2015
dis south africa is just like the case of d pesin biting d hands that feeds it.togeda we freed dem frm apartheid,their act will lead to their downfall

3 Likes

Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by Nobody: 7:29am On Apr 18, 2015
Lol

Why nigerians make a big fuss about this is beyond me. Aren't we the same people that called foreigners in Lagos "host" followed by statements like "if they don't cooperate, we'll kick them back to their village". Even when the oba threatened a tribe most of his tribes men supported it. Same story with the producer calling on God to "punish all Igbos"

I hate double standards. Don't be a saint only when it's convenient for you. South Africans believe that foreign blacks are their problem then we should respect them and back off. Simple

115 Likes 12 Shares

Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by Nobody: 7:30am On Apr 18, 2015
King Goodwill and Oba Akiolu attended the same kinship school. Where is ICC when you need the most, they are busy investigating the whole petition APC submitted to them before the election

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by Nobody: 7:30am On Apr 18, 2015
This king has the same DNA with Oba Lill wayne Akiolu

26 Likes

Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by holatin(m): 7:32am On Apr 18, 2015
please who get Gun ? I need to put a bullet in this fuckard head
Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by holatin(m): 7:34am On Apr 18, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
King Goodwill and Oba Akiolu attended the same kinship school. Where is ICC when you need the most, they are busy investigating the whole petition APC submitted to them before the election
can you please shut d hell up ?
where were you when agbaje was promising some people that he will give them a post equal to the ova office ?

the word upset d man and dat was d reason for the outburst.

He is different from goodwill at least he didn't unleash his dragon on you.

stop typing with bile in your heart

22 Likes

Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by pryd(m): 7:44am On Apr 18, 2015
This shameless king is a certified local champion! undecided
Africans never fail to sing and scream "One Love" but we fail to practice it. smh

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by tupem: 7:45am On Apr 18, 2015
MaxNaija:
King Goodwill Zwelithini stands by his view that foreigners should go back to their home countries.
        
KING Goodwill Zwelithini meant each and every word when he said foreigners must pack their bags and get out of South Africa.

So said Zwelithini’s spokesman, Prince Thulani Zulu, who told Daily Sun yesterday the king has nothing to be sorry for.

The Zulu king’s outburst came on Saturday during his speech at a moral regeneration event in Pongola, northern KZN.

In the presence of both Police Minister Nathi Nhleko and provincial MEC Willies Mchunu, the king was reported to have told the gathering that it was time foreigners were told to return to their countries.

The king accused them of messing up the country’s towns by hanging their fake clothing brands on the streets.

“Now when you walk down the street you can’t recognise a shop you used to know because it has been taken over by foreigners who mess it up by hanging up rags,” the king said.

His remarks were widely condemned as encouraging hatred towards foreigners, which may result in more violent behaviour towards them.

But Prince Thulani said the king won’t apologise because he stood by what he said.

“I think the people who’re complaining are misinterpreting his speech.

“He didn’t say foreigners must be attacked or harassed.

“The king was talking about foreigners who are here illegally.

“Some are involved in serious crimes like drug and human trafficking.

“We don’t need such people in our country so the king is right,” said Zulu.

The king’s speech has been strongly criticised for fuelling hatred against foreigners by the Somali Association of South Africa and the Congolese Solidarity Campaign.

The provincial government distanced itself from the king’s speech. It said it was guided by the Constitution, which guarantees human rights for all in SA.

Source - http://www.dailysun.co.za/news/2015-03-25-king-zwelithini-i-wont-apologies
what is 'good' about the 'will' in this kings name?! angry

1 Like

Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by Lucasbalo(m): 7:46am On Apr 18, 2015
oduastates:
One thing you can tell from merely watching videos and documentaries is that the men, most especially those living in the township are poorly or should I say ill educated and ill equipped to function in a modern society.
Now, the social equilibrium has broken and all sense of justice and humanity has been lost
You are 100% right. The apartheid regime decimated the black majority population leaving the blacks with no education and thereby unemployable. That's why the anger is towards other Africans.

2 Likes

Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by sinkhole: 7:49am On Apr 18, 2015
Iba Akiolu and King Zwhilitini can not be compared:
1). When Akiolu made his statement, even those he was talking to laughed and clapped grin
2). Akiolu, after people talked and shouted, appologised and say he is sorry for the statement, Zwhilitini said he does not give a sh!t and that he meant a single bit of what he said!
3). Most importantly, after Oba made his speech can you please tell me how many people that have been in the Lagoon? But we know how many people have either been sent out of SA or to the land beyond after King Zwhilitini made his speech!

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by Flets: 7:51am On Apr 18, 2015
What is wrong with black race?

Native SAs vs foreign blacks
Native Lagosians vs other Nigerians
Igbo vs Yoruba
Middle belt vs Fulani
Ijaw vs Itsekiri

Its never against the white race but against themselves. What is wrong with the black man?

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by richgang(m): 7:51am On Apr 18, 2015
I heard it's a South African Man that owes MTN company, if anything happen to my brother in SA, I go burn close to 5 MTN buildings, deer me

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by tupem: 7:52am On Apr 18, 2015
shikshark:
Mtn and dstv should go and beg this king because the king is killing dem small small
for where?! killing dem as how? Nigerians too spoil! till tomorrow mtn and dstv are making profits because we have no minds if ours! if it were other countries they would have been put in the right place, out of business!

1 Like

Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by paulolee(m): 7:53am On Apr 18, 2015
dnT kno d kinda shii dis king took for him to cough out dis kinda trash...
u said foreigners ain't welcomed in South Africa n forgot dt ur South African citizens ar also foreigners in oda countries...
African still av a long way to go coz I was expecting d king to follow d Lane of mashaba n condemn d killings Cox it ain't worth it
Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by helphelp: 7:53am On Apr 18, 2015
Hmmmm

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Thanks To Russia, The Ukrainian Army Has More Tanks Now Than When The War Began / Chinese Police To Muslims: Hand In All Your Qurans Or Face Harsh Punishment / Photo: Donald Trump Now Being Compared To Adolf Hitler Over Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.