Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

AIT Ban: Mixed Reactions Trail President-elect Buhari’s Media Black Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AIT Ban: Mixed Reactions Trail President-elect Buhari’s Media Black Out (568 Views)

President Buhari's Media Chat (Video) / Alleged AIT Ban: The True Story From An AIT Staff, Lara Wise / PDP Releases Press Statement On AIT Ban, Says It's Dangerous For Democracy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

AIT Ban: Mixed Reactions Trail President-elect Buhari’s Media Black Out by famobaba(m): 11:53am On Apr 28, 2015
By FEMI SALAWU

There have been an uproar since news report broke the news of the ban of African Independent Television by President-Elect, Muhammadu Buahari.

APC’s Presidential Campaign Organisation spokesman, Mallam Garba Shehu, explained in details the reason for the ban.

“AIT has been asked to stay aside based on security and family concerns. In addition, Gen Buhari has decided that they will have to resolve some issues relating to standard and ethics,” he said.

“We will be talking with them to try and resolve the matter but for now the station has been asked to stay aside because like I said there are some family and security concerns. They have been asked to step down their coverage until we resolve the matter with them on ethics and standards.”

Expressng brings you reactions from stakeholders and other prominent personalities.

Norbert Young (Veteran Actor)

Naked me in public and dress me up in private! What kind of person are you? Irresponsibility must be checked. Business must be done with morality! It is my right and choice who I invite to my party. We must all be held accountable for our actions.

Lanre Odukoya (Journalist)

General Buhari’s grouse is understandable, not with the extent of character damage, but he should remember he promised Nigerians that he’s a ‘born-again democrat’. I believe it’s a wrong footing to bar a media house because you hate its posture; Mr. President-elect even lacks such power- in democracy, rules don’t happen by decrees. He should seek redress at the competent court of law for whatever grievances he nurses. We can’t force a man not to be vindictive, but he should demonstrate that in ways that only conform with the laws lest he parades himself as the anarchist we once forbade.

Mbasekei Martin Obono (S.A To Minister of Defence, Musiliu Obanikoro)

Where is press freedom? The unchangeable Buhari has barred Africa Independent Television from covering his activities. Buhari has just...

Link In for more...>>>http://expressng.com/2015/04/ait-ban-mixed-reactions-trails-president-elect-buharis-media-black-out/

Re: AIT Ban: Mixed Reactions Trail President-elect Buhari’s Media Black Out by baybeeboi: 12:05pm On Apr 28, 2015
that was eeediotic of Buhari.
Re: AIT Ban: Mixed Reactions Trail President-elect Buhari’s Media Black Out by sosanova: 12:48pm On Apr 28, 2015
BabaOneChance...Nigerian media and Social networks are in for a long
thing.....SharaReporters owners should get ready to be smuggled inside cage from New York to Nigeria grin grin grin grin.....
@ Seun Osewa of Nairaland don't say I did not warn you, your freedom after May 29th is no longer guaranteed, the Dictator of Daura is back, those saying he is a changed man, will be the first to start condemning his actions even before May 29th.

(1) (Reply)

Those Defecting From PDP To APC Will Return Hungry – Jonathan / The Stupidity Of Hate / Help Them To Help You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.