Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,583 members, 7,823,524 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] (1906 Views)

Devastating Meteor Strike In IRAN , Why Is The World Keeping Mute ? / BBC's Documentary On The Ayatollah Khomeini Led Islamic Revolution In Iran / Iran Launches Monkey Into Space (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by auwal87(m): 12:53pm On Feb 03, 2009
Despite all the Sanctions by the UN, US, and other European Countries, Islamic Republic of Iran is thriving.

Iran Launches its First Satellite
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by Muza(m): 5:42pm On Feb 03, 2009
this is welcome development
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by Nobody: 6:59pm On Feb 03, 2009
This is something that shld greatly trouble the free world . . . especially when A'jad says this - The Iranian president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, hailed the launch as a historic event aimed at "expanding monotheism, peace and justice".

Read that to mean expanding islam. May God keep us from the claws of the devil.
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by RichyBlacK(m): 7:53pm On Feb 03, 2009
Excellent news!

More countries should seek and apply knowledge, especially scientific and technological knowledge. The monopoly of knowledge, the dream of neocons in the West, will forever elude them.

No man, group or nation should be constrained in the search for, acquisition of, dissemination of and utilization of knowledge. What may be checked is how that knowledge is used - for good, yes; for ill, no.

This is a welcome development!
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by RichyBlacK(m): 7:55pm On Feb 03, 2009
davidylan:

This is something that shld greatly trouble the free world . . . especially when A'jad says this - The Iranian president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, hailed the launch as a historic event aimed at "expanding monotheism, peace and justice".

It's so unfortunate that you have to think this way.

1 Like

Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by Nobody: 8:10pm On Feb 03, 2009
RichyBlacK:

It's so unfortunate that you have to think this way.

what is even more unfortunate is your inability to think at all.
That was a'jad's quote word for word . . . i didnt push it into his mouth. Monotheism to a muslim simply means islam period! If you dont know that already then you have a serious comprehension problem.
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by thehomer: 10:16pm On Feb 03, 2009
It's good to see that they still have working scientists in Iran in spite of the sanctions. Where the #@%! is Africa?
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by Ellyptical: 10:22pm On Feb 03, 2009
Men!
I keep asking why RichyBlack is a moderator!
The guy does not know what it is to respect fundamental human rights.
Monotheism from what i deduce means " They (Moslems) are equipping themselves to overturn the world into one world religion!"
How can Richblack support technological advancement whose ultimate goal may be to deny innocent citizens of this world of their right to religion?
Remember that Islam wins converts by war and force not by gentle preaching like the Christians. That was how Uthman Dan-Fodio and his horse men overtook the north and we are paying the price till date in nigeria.
What would the world have been if Mohammed were not born into this world?
A MUCH PEACEFUL WORLD!!!!
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by RichyBlacK(m): 11:51pm On Feb 03, 2009
Ellyptical:

Men!
I keep asking why RichyBlack is a moderator!
The guy does not know what it is to respect fundamental human rights.
Monotheism from what i deduce means " They (Moslems) are equipping themselves to overturn the world into one world religion!"
How can Richblack support technological advancement whose ultimate goal  may be to deny innocent citizens of this world of their right to religion?
Remember that Islam wins converts by war and force not by gentle preaching like the Christians. That was how Uthman Dan-Fodio and his horse men overtook the north and we are paying the price till date in nigeria.
What would the world have been if Mohammed were not born into this world?
A MUCH PEACEFUL WORLD!!!!

grin grin
So, because I'm a moderator, I should have zero political views?  grin grin You dey make me laugh o!  grin grin

I support the unrestrained search, utilization and expansion of knowledge. If Togo launches a satellite to space tomorrow, I'll be very happy!

Iran has done a great job, and all who love to see the progress of all nations, irrespective of color or creed, must be glad that people are still spending time and money on space/satellite research, instead of spending billions on how to kill more people with fewer more deadly bombs.

I'm sure you would have been glad if I condemned Iran - seems you only want me to take your parochial viewpoint.

I just can't believe people can be this fearful! undecided
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by sleekp1: 12:08am On Feb 04, 2009
This is great news and this continuous Iranian scientific development will lead to a power balance in the middle east.

PS
Where at thou Nigerian scientific community?

1 Like

Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by solebansin: 1:31am On Feb 04, 2009

@richyblack

seems you only want me to take your parochial viewpoint

While I would not want to join in this debate, I found the compulsion to state that Richyblack does not need to sound insultive. You are the moderator, and you are meant to maintain decorum not to destroy it. You need to keep your cool and have a perfect choice of words even when you are offended. I really hope you take note of this and improve. Thanks
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by RichyBlacK(m): 1:36am On Feb 04, 2009
solebansin:

While I would not want to join in this debate, I found the compulsion to state that Richyblack does not need to sound insultive. You are the moderator, and you are meant to maintain decorum not to destroy it. You need to keep your cool and have a perfect choice of words if when you are offended. I really hope you take note of this and improve. Thanks

@solebansin,

I agree with you, we all need to be more courteous and respectful to each other. That is what the world needs most - more mutual respect. Thanks for you comments.
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by bawomolo(m): 3:14am On Feb 04, 2009
Seun sure had reasons for making this unpopular decision.

what do they mean by spreading monotheism?
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by Nobody: 11:19am On Feb 04, 2009
davidylan:

yeah so much better that he leave us in the clutches of the great satan - maybe if  you ask him nicely, he'll let your friends the isrealis shoot the satellite down

hmm - in spite of all the  sanctions imposed by the 'free world' etal, iran is progressing. . .

bawomolo:

what do they mean by spreading monotheism?

Iran TV - coming soon to your DSTV bouqet

our man davidlyan  and his weird obsessions . a so called advocate of free speech, disturbed by iran launching a communications satelitte  - apparently only members of the so called free world are entitled to the right to communicate  tongue

1 Like

Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by Ibime(m): 12:56pm On Feb 04, 2009
bawomolo:

RichyBlack is a good mod as far as I am concerned. It is refreshing to have different mods with different political views. First it was Kobojunkie, now it is RichyBlack from the complete opposite end of the spectrum.

@ topic,

Of course people are concerned because the same rocket technology that dispatch the satellites into space can be used to dispatch nuclear missiles. One of the debates about Pakistans nuclear arsenal was that they lacked an aqequate missile-delivery system. The whole world laughed when Iran photoshopped their last rocket launch, but they sure aint laughing now.

This latest development just shows the need for the much criticised 'son of star wars' project. In this aspect, George Bush was a visionary.

Me believes that Iran is just jostling for a strong position at the table of international politics. Ahmadinejab said as much during his speech. However, all his talk of 'monotheism' only makes niccas nervous.
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by Lagosboy: 2:03pm On Feb 04, 2009
Congrats iran.

Feel ashamed of my country Nigeria. If a country with only Oil as its resource and a pouplation of abt 70 million with 30 yrs of sanction and partial isolation still manges to advance in technology is simply excellent.

Thumbs up to those scientists. This is simply wonderful and no country would have absolute monoply of technology dominance.

1 Like

Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by RichyBlacK(m): 4:40pm On Feb 04, 2009
Ibime:

RichyBlack is a good mod as far as I am concerned. It is refreshing to have different mods with different political views. First it was Kobojunkie, now it is RichyBlack from the complete opposite end of the spectrum.

@ topic,

Of course people are concerned because the same rocket technology that dispatch the satellites into space can be used to dispatch nuclear missiles. One of the debates about Pakistans nuclear arsenal was that they lacked an aqequate missile-delivery system. The whole world laughed when Iran photoshopped their last rocket launch, but they sure aint laughing now.

This latest development just shows the need for the much criticised 'son of star wars' project. In this aspect, George Bush was a visionary.

Me believes that Iran is just jostling for a strong position at the table of international politics. Ahmadinejab said as much during his speech. However, all his talk of 'monotheism' only makes niccas nervous.

Ibime,
Thanks for the nod.

@topic,
I personally never believed Iran photoshopped anything, I think the whole thing was masterminded by the detractors of Iran to make her look incompetent. Where are all those people now?

Lagosboy:

Congrats iran.

Feel ashamed of my country Nigeria. If a country with only Oil as its resource and a pouplation of abt 70 million with 30 yrs of sanction and partial isolation still manges to advance in technology is simply excellent.

Thumbs up to those scientists. This is simply wonderful and no country would have absolute monoply of technology dominance.

Lagosboy,
This is indeed remarkable.
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by Nobody: 5:36pm On Feb 04, 2009
oyb:

yeah so much better that he leave us in the clutches of the great satan - maybe if you ask him nicely, he'll let your friends the isrealis shoot the satellite down

our man davidlyan and his weird obsessions . a so called advocate of free speech, disturbed by iran launching a communications satelitte - apparently only members of the so called free world are entitled to the right to communicate tongue

apparently you hypocrites love to ignore my main point rather skirting around with fringe issues. No one is disturbed by launching "communications" satelites. China has been launching theirs, when India launched one late last yr we all had fun teasing our Indian colleagues about it . . . what bothers us are the COMMENTS made by A'jad - "a historic event aimed at "expanding monotheism, peace and justice".

Just what does he mean by expanding monotheism? How does the launch of a "communications" satelite expand monotheism?

These mad, murderous mullahs love to hide the truth in plain site. Only the blind fail to see it.
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by Nobody: 6:03pm On Feb 04, 2009
davidylan:

apparently you hypocrites love to ignore my main point rather skirting around with fringe issues. No one is disturbed by launching "communications" satelites. China has been launching theirs, when India launched one late last yr we all had fun teasing our Indian colleagues about it . . . what bothers us are the COMMENTS made by A'jad - "a historic event aimed at "expanding monotheism, peace and justice".

Just what does he mean by expanding monotheism? How does the launch of a "communications" satelite expand monotheism?

These mad, murderous mullahs love to hide the truth in plain site. Only the blind fail to see it.

wow - these peaceful, dovish christains love to see jihad in everything - they must be blind - blinded by their psychotic hatred of muslims.

maybe the satelite is really a death star with a secret death ray that will kill all those unbelievers grin

that conspiracy warped enough for you? tongue

abeg just admit the fact that those backward illiterate mullahs could launch a satelitte inspite of all the efforts/sanctions of your adopted country is a major bone in your craw.
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by TayoD1(m): 6:21pm On Feb 04, 2009
@topic,

Yorubas have an adage that goes like this: "we still wipe our eyes to avoid tripping over even at a time we are weeping (men, its so difficult to translate yoruba to english). While I am ideologically opposed to what the govt in power in Tehran stands for, I am reasonable enough to know that this latest effort is commendable. While the actual intentions may not be very noble, the skill and advancement of Iran as a people is noteworthy.

That being said, one intent of the launch was fully expressed by the "expanding monotheism" phrase credited to Ahmadinajad. What exactly does that mean? Can anybody try to elucidate? Please keep in mind that communication is a very vital and intricate part of a war. Could he be refering to its use in the coming eventuality of a war with Isreal?

As Davidylan said, we cannot suspend our faculties even at a time like this when the rest of the non-western world should jubilate at the achievement of a comrade in non-westerness (if I may use those words).
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by Nobody: 6:29pm On Feb 04, 2009
oyb:

wow - these peaceful, dovish christains love to see jihad in everything - they must be blind - blinded by their psychotic hatred of muslims.

maybe the satelite is really a death star with a secret death ray that will kill all those unbelievers grin

that conspiracy warped enough for you? tongue

abeg just admit the fact that those backward illiterate mullahs could launch a satelitte inspite of all the efforts/sanctions of your adopted country is a major bone in your craw.

Again more stupid skirting around the main issues. I dont have time for silly and deliberate misrepresentation of issues.

- India and China have launched rockets . . . no one cried or bothered, rather we cheered the arrival of new competitors in the 21st century space race. South Africa once had nuclear weapons and the world didnt go bonkers . . . Nigeria recently launched a communications satelite and the world barely took notice. That the world is on edge with Iran's launch of a "communications" satelite means they know something boneheaded islamobots like you prefer to sweep under the carpet.

Perhaps you dont realise that with the capability to launch space rockets, most European and US cities are now within sights of possible nuclear missiles from Iran. Perhaps you dont realise that most European and US space satelites are now in danger of being shot down by rogue states like Iran.

When A'jad talks about "expanding monotheism" with an alleged "communications" satelite, it makes the rest of us sit up and take notice. I have noticed a consistent pattern with the muslims here . . . NONE of them wants to address that comment and what it implies. Usman Dan Fodio is a very good example . . . i'm sure if Israel launched a space rocket and proclaimed it would help them expand Judaism you'd see a lot of these fools frothing in the mouth.
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by RichyBlacK(m): 6:53pm On Feb 04, 2009
davidylan:

David,

You may be right that expanding monotheism may very well be coded language for expanding Islam. But, that shouldn't scare anyone, should it? Except Ahmadinejad means expansion by force, which I doubt. Well, you still don't have to be scared because that issue was decided 1,300 years ago in the Battle of Tours, when Frank "The Hammer" Martel checkmated the attempt at forceful expansion of Islam into Europe by the Umayyad Caliphate in 732 A.D.; and Iran does not have the means to forcefully push any ideology on a global scale; not when you have CNN, BBC, Al-Jazeera and Fox prowling the global airwaves.

But I thought expansion is a fundamental aspect of mostly all religions. I mean Jews welcome new converts and Christians preach the gospel, all in a bid to expand. Ahmadinejad, is the equivalent of a Shia "born-again" and he wants to see the expansion of his religion. How is that a bad thing?
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by Nobody: 8:00pm On Feb 04, 2009
RichyBlacK:

David,

You may be right that expanding monotheism may very well be coded language for expanding Islam. But, that shouldn't scare anyone, should it? Except Ahmadinejad means expansion by force, which I doubt. Well, you still don't have to be scared because that issue was decided 1,300 years ago in the Battle of Tours, when Frank "The Hammer" Martel checkmated the attempt at forceful expansion of Islam into Europe by the Umayyad Caliphate in 732 A.D.; and Iran does not have the means to forcefully push any ideology on a global scale; not when you have CNN, BBC, Al-Jazeera and Fox prowling the global airwaves.

But I thought expansion is a fundamental aspect of mostly all religions. I mean Jews welcome new converts and Christians preach the gospel, all in a bid to expand. Ahmadinejad, is the equivalent of a Shia "born-again" and he wants to see the expansion of his religion. How is that a bad thing?

i wonder. . .

it seems that in davidylan, the manic xtianomaniac's book , only christains should ba allowed to use modern media to 'expand christainity'.

dont mind davidylan the war monger. he wont be happy unless his beloved us invades iran tongue

1 Like

Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by TayoD1(m): 8:36pm On Feb 04, 2009
@RichyBlack,

B
ut I thought expansion is a fundamental aspect of mostly all religions. I mean Jews welcome new converts and Christians preach the gospel, all in a bid to expand. Ahmadinejad, is the equivalent of a Shia "born-again" and he wants to see the expansion of his religion. How is that a bad thing?
Your thoughts are noble and your contiubution relevant even though I think it is misguided. You have chosen to believe the best of Ahmadinajad even though facts show you are being naive. I'll explain.

How has Iran exported its influence recently? It's been by no other means than the sword. A case can be made that the US caused some instability in Iraq, but Iran surely manipulated that situation to further expand monotheism as they saw fit. We see Iran's influence in Lebanon and Gaza and in all cases, it involves bloodshed. Who wants such monotheistic expansion? Certainly not me.

You might also want to consider the doctrine of the Shiites that Ahmadinajad is a student of. These are the people who believe in the coming of the Seventh Imam which must be preceded by total world domination with their brand of Islam through the instrumentality of the sword. Is that the monotheistic expansion that Ahmad has in mind?

And just for the sake of your world view, please do not liken Christianity and Judaism to Islam. They are different in their beliefs and practice. Judaism does not proselyte even though Christianity does. Christianity believes in absolute peaceful propagation of its faith unlike Islam. Jesus said "whosoever wills, let him come". Jesus is the father of our faith and the Apostles who followed him showed us exactly how it is done. Islam on the other hand was propagated by the sword by Mohammed and his disciples.

So we see in Jesus and the Disciples the model of christian evangelism, while we see in Mohammed and his bunch of desert raiders their model of "monotheistic expansion". They are way different.
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by auwal87(m): 11:23pm On Feb 04, 2009
Tayo-D:

Islam on the other hand was propagated by the sword by Mohammed and his disciples.

shocked shocked shocked

tongue tongue tongue

Iran is thriving, your hate on Islam and Muslims will not do us any harm, continue attacking our religion while it continue to grow.

Now "Islamic Republic of Iran" is flying in the space.  grin grin grin
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by Nobody: 11:30pm On Feb 04, 2009
oyb:

i wonder. . .

it seems that in davidylan, the manic xtianomaniac's book , only christains should ba allowed to use modern media to 'expand christainity'.

dont mind davidylan the war monger. he wont be happy unless his beloved us invades iran tongue

Again the typical islamobot PRETENDS not to understand our concerns but rather prefers to pander to deciet, outright lies and dishonesty. The problem is NOT the use of the media to expand religion. How many people have complained about islamic preaching in newspapers and on the TV even when christian miracles are now banned on the airwaves in Nigeria?

Islam did not use the media to expand monotheism . . . they used the sword . . . ordinary Nigeria is a perfect example.
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by auwal87(m): 11:45pm On Feb 04, 2009
davidylan:

ordinary Nigeria is a perfect example.

You better surrender yourself, before the Jihad reach your street grin grin grin

Thats how they want all Muslims to talk.
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by Nobody: 11:47pm On Feb 04, 2009
auwal87:

You better surrender yourself, before the Jihad reach your street grin grin grin

Thats how they want all Muslims to talk.

that is exactly what muslims would say if they had the weapons Russia, the USA and Israel have. But for military superiority of the west we'd all be saying allahu arched bar today.
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by superboi(m): 9:39am On Feb 05, 2009
once iran get their nuclear war heads(which they would) the first country they would probably attack would be the UAE grin, . you know this persian they are crazy grin
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by Muza(m): 10:41am On Feb 05, 2009
davidylan:

that is exactly what muslims would say if they had the weapons Russia, the USA and Israel have. But for military superiority of the west we'd all be saying allahu arched bar today.
you would have been glad u did.

Iran has the right to own nuclear weapon.If terrorist state like Israel and US has then why should Iran not hav

1 Like

Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by auwal87(m): 4:31pm On Feb 05, 2009
Muza:

you would have been glad u did.
Iran has the right to own nuclear weapon.If terrorist state like Israel and US has then why should Iran not hav

gaya musu Muza, dis guyz hate any development to do with Islam and Muslims.
Re: Iran Launches Its First Satellite [Made In Iran] by Laurnetta(f): 5:38pm On Feb 05, 2009
wen will nigeria launch its own satellite? cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ghana to make travel in Africa easier for Africans / Retaliation: Trump’s Supporters Hits Back, Releases Naked Portrait Of Hillary Cl / Queen Of England To Be Replaced By A King Of England When Queen Elizabeth Dies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.