Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,826 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

A Weird Journey - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Weird Journey (2782 Views)

Read The Story Of A Weird Man Who Puts GOD ON TRIAL In A Stage Play In Lagos / My Journey To Eko(lagos) Part2 By Kelly9ice. / MY JOURNEY TO Eko(lagos). Part1 Episode 1 Story By Kelly9ice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Weird Journey by Pr0ton: 4:41pm On Apr 28, 2015
Ahah! Here is it! My first post in Literature section. I have a composed story to share, but it is not going to pass on on few readers. Lemme invite some friends... FrancisTony Cassyrooy Ishilove Cuddlemii Horpeyemmi66 Ogunsinamayowa Fembleez1 Treasuregr8 Dopeyomi Johnydon22 Blueyedgeek Dharay99 Naijaboiy Nneka123 Cutehector Davien Mrpresident1 Becborn DrHost Bhuumhite Segunflames Precious001 Adedayo516 P0lymath..

You guys should bear my exaggerated imagination, but still it worths examining to conclude if it is fiction or not. Decide for yourself cheesy Have a nice time around. Johny and Dave no argument on cosmology. My idea is not an intended assertion. No derailing. Have fun cheesy

Criticism, compliments and corrections are welcome. Thanks smiley
Re: A Weird Journey by Pr0ton: 4:43pm On Apr 28, 2015
[size=20]THE BEGINNING[/size]

"We were on this road mingling like brothers and sisters. We laughed and talked about different things including philosophical matters. We were full of fun and exitement.

"On this very sunny day, I tried blinking and lo, the sun was gone and everyone had fallen out of sight. It became very dark and not even the smallest star was there to compete the darkness. The weather condition was like though it wanted to rain heavily. Then there were these things moving too fast to fall for my smartness. The harder I concentrated, the more dark it became..." I narrated to the old man.

While I was narrating, my eyes were shut. I was thinking very hard to remember the mysteries I encountered the previous day. (should I call it day? I was just waking from a long sleep) I was so focused on my thought that I became utterly unaware of someone before me. With my eyes shut, I could see a kind of force coming towards me. It was moving in my direction. It then eventually landed gently on my shoulder. I opened my eyes after receiving the touch. And after when I did, I realized it was this old man tapping my shoulder.

He looked odd. His hair was loose and white like wool. He was holding a staff that had the appearance of gold. His face was concealed as his hair was covering a greater part of his face. Another thing odd about him was that he was not making any physical contact with the ground.

"For how long have I been speaking?" I asked the old man without any obvious feeling that I had just said something. "Six days my son", he said, "six days." I felt the feeling of intense hunger. I bowed my head a bit. Shhhhhhhhh was the sound of a flowing stream, and I could hear the cool soft whistling of birds from the huge trees around. The gentle breeze made me feel like I was levitating. "I can figure that you are very hungry" The old man broke in. I lifted my hand to look in his direction, but I saw no one. "But before I let you get stuff into your belly, let me show you where your friends are and how your tasks would look like." bubbled a sound from no particular direction. Friends? Tasks? I wondered swiftly and immediately everywhere was dark again and I found myself in the same way I was when I lost my friends.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Weird Journey by johnydon22(m): 4:54pm On Apr 28, 2015
Grabs seat, with pop corn and orijin... fire on pr0ton

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Weird Journey by Pr0ton: 5:01pm On Apr 28, 2015
johnydon22:
Grabs seat, with pop corn and orijin... fire on pr0ton

You are highly welcome Boss.
Re: A Weird Journey by precious001(f): 6:08pm On Apr 28, 2015
This your imagination is something else o...the story is scary embarassed...but cool;-)...continue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Weird Journey by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 28, 2015
Nice one Pr0ton. It would be one hell of an interesting story, I fess up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Weird Journey by dara319(f): 10:03pm On Apr 28, 2015
hmmm.......weird indeed .

1 Like

Re: A Weird Journey by Pr0ton: 10:24pm On Apr 28, 2015
Everywhere was too dark for me to move. I remained where I was trying to recall all my normal lifetime. After some time that seemed to last for 2 mins, a light from a very far distance caught my attention. It was in the air and moving in my direction. It was almost round in shape, but it looked quite like a baseball. By and by it was close to me. I watched as it moved a bit higher and came to hover over me. I felt really cold and had goose pimples at the feeling. After hovering over me, it moved forward for sometime and then stopped. I followed it. It continued moving again and I followed.

The light was guiding my way in the dark. It was bright enough for me to see objects that were few meters away from me. The light moved faster and ahead my pace. It came down gently and started loosing as when a comet approaches the Sun. The light in the baseball shape disintegrated into sparkling strains of golden powder. It moved round the position it was slowly and then faster. And there! It turned into a shinning girl. She had long golden hairs which indistinguishably matched her shinning gown. She wasn't wearing any shoe. And looking further into her smiling face, I almost broke down. She was odd too. She wasn't making any physical contact with the ground. I was bold enough to withstand the sight.

"H-o-l-y smoke! Who are you? Where do you come from? What do you want?" I babbled. She only answered with a smile. Her smile took every word from my lips away. I just stared at her with mouth agape typical of a dumb idi0t. She stretched her right hand towards me with the motive of "come on, let's continue our journey" I didn't consent. I was just as scared as I was bold. With one more smile, she swivelled back and started walking. She was walking but her feet weren't touching the ground. The further she went, the more the light faded. I walked up to her boldly and hastenly especially when I realized I was lagging behind the light.

In a slow but not-too-calm voice I asked, "who are you?" She stopped and turned back. Looking into her eyes again I was like "oohhh myyyy" In a friendly slow and calm voice she replied, "I am Maya. Your partner."

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Weird Journey by ogunsinamayowa(m): 3:43am On Apr 29, 2015
Pr0ton:
Ahah! Here is it! My first post in Literature section. I have a composed story to share, but it is not going to pass on on few readers. Lemme invite some friends... FrancisTony Cassyrooy Horpeyemmi66 Ogunsinamayowa Fembleez1 Treasuregr8 Dopeyomi Johnydon22 Davien Mrpresident1 Becborn DrHost Bhuumhite Segunflames Precious001 Adedayo516 P0lymath..

You guys should bear my exaggerated imagination, but still it worths examining to conclude if it is fiction or not. Decide for yourself cheesy Have a nice time around. Johny and Dave no argument on cosmology. My idea is not an intended assertion. No derailing. Have fun cheesy

followed

1 Like

Re: A Weird Journey by Samuelfgc(m): 3:48am On Apr 29, 2015
grin Nice oneā€¦

1 Like

Re: A Weird Journey by Dopeyomi(m): 7:30am On Apr 29, 2015
Pr0ton:
Ahah! Here is it! My first post in Literature section. I have a composed story to share, but it is not going to pass on on few readers. Lemme invite some friends... FrancisTony Cassyrooy Horpeyemmi66 Ogunsinamayowa Fembleez1 Treasuregr8 Dopeyomi Johnydon22 Davien Mrpresident1 Becborn DrHost Bhuumhite Segunflames Precious001 Adedayo516 P0lymath..

ah don land... Lemme start reading...

1 Like

Re: A Weird Journey by Fembleez1(m): 7:59am On Apr 29, 2015
Make I go shit first! I dey come back! grin

2 Likes

Re: A Weird Journey by Pr0ton: 8:13am On Apr 29, 2015
Pr0ton: What partner?

Maya: Hunting partner.

Pr0ton: What are you hunting?

Maya: You mean what are we hunting?

Pr0ton: Whatever (looking more curious)

Maya: See Pr0ton, there is a lot you need to know...

Pr0ton: Like where my friends are (I cut in)

Maya: It is more than you think!

Pr0ton: How do you mean?

Maya: You want me to talk?

So many questions running in my brain. I felt like pouring them out. My curiousity had made me forget the mystery about the girl I was interacting with. The hunger came again and I went weak.

Pr0ton: Okay.

Maya: I'm sorry for what I did.

Pr0ton: What is that? (surprized and confused)

Then it dawn on me that the sudden feeling of hunger and weakness was caused by her.

Maya: I'm Maya from space.

Pr0ton: From space!?

Maya: (Ignoring my surprize) Thirty billion years ago, my father evolved in space. He was the only living thing and matter then. My father worked hard to build up a place of abode which you humans call the Sun.

She paused, waiting patiently for me to assimilate. Then I finally spoke

Pr0ton: What is this to do with me? How did he get his resources anyway?

Maya: No resources. He had magical powers.

She appeared as somoeone regaling tale.
She heaved a sigh.

Maya: Once in the Sun, he thought of exploring the whole space. In his quest, he found a woman - my mother. They got along together, married and gave birth to me. They both created eight more habitats, but we never lived in any. You humans amazingly evolved on one of the habitats, the earth. The universe kept operating smoothly and fine. My father, my mother and I lived happily in the Sun. Your evolution was a great sight to behold. We watched you humans from the Sun. We even tried reaching you guys but you kept labelling us UFOs.

Her friendly face made me comfortable with her. I started seeing her as a companion indeed.But what she was saying I didn't fully understand.

Maya: But then, the intruders. They came from other spaces and now they are destroying my home, my family. They are also here on earth with the mission to erase every living thing including humanity.

Pr0ton: (not sure of what to say) Why?

Maya: They want to take over.

Pr0ton: I don't still understand.

Maya: Look around you, Pr0ton!

I looked around and then came back to my initial state of utter perplexity and depression.

Pr0ton: Maya, I don't understand what is happening.

Maya: These intruders are almost done with their mission, but you are the only hope we have.

Pr0ton: How?

Maya: You've got to complete three tasks. If you are successful, which I'm very sure you will, you'll save the universe.

Pr0ton: What are the three tasks?

Maya: Some food for your tommy first (she said with a smile. She offered me her hand and I consented this time)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Weird Journey by Pr0ton: 8:19am On Apr 29, 2015
Dopeyomi:

ah don land... Lemme start reading...
Fembleez1:
Make I go shit first! I dey come back! grin

Lol. Welcome Bosses.

1 Like

Re: A Weird Journey by Pr0ton: 8:56am On Apr 29, 2015
Maya and I discussed for a very long time. She spent so much time explaining things, which I'm still yet to understand some, to me. She told me the first task was to get a key that was situated in the base of a mountain. The second task was to find a locked box which I would use the key to unlock to get a magical sword. The third task...she refused to let me know. She only promised to tell me after the two tasks had been completed. We had a nice time together after the discussion. She always tried to brighten my sore mood. She became a real friend. The only problem I had with her was that she was superhuman.

Pr0ton: Why not tell me the third task so I could prepare well for it.

Maya: I can't tell you now, Pr0ton. There is still much you need to know.

I was silent. I looked at the dark and I was lost in thought.

Maya: Shall we go for our first hunt?

Pr0ton: I'm ready.

She came up with her smile again. She held my hand, closed her eyes and I watched. She uttered something I can't remember but it ended with "...take us to the Unseen Mountain" and immediately I looked away from her and my eyes met a huge rock - we had disappeared. I couldn't see the top as Maya's light wasn't that intense to see farther objects. All I could see was utter darkness. But I was sure the mountain was bigger than what was visible about it. We weren't much close to it.

Maya: Pr0ton

Pr0ton: Maya

Maya: Go get the key.

Pr0ton: Go get what? (with a serious look)

Maya: The key.

She stretched her hand towards the mountain and directed it to its base. She opened her palm and sparkling light rays diverged to the direction she was stretching to, and we could both see the key clearly.

The key was odd too. Although it was at the base of the mountain, but, just as Maya, it wasn't making any physical contact with the ground.

Pr0ton: Got it. Just watch me (I was forcefully acting brave)

Maya: I'll stay here, Pr0ton. Don't worry about your safety. I'll take care of that.

I left Maya for the key, both smiling at each other. I had not taken six steps further when a very violent wind came. It was so violent that I could hear the roaring of nearby invisible trees. I turned back to look at Maya. I was scared to see her eyes intensively focusing on me. I didn't make my fear obvious, of course.

Pr0ton: What is wrong? (in a somewhat relax manner)

Maya: They are here.

Pr0ton: Wh - Who? (I bounced back with apparent fear)

Maya: The intruders! Go get the key! Be fast!

Pr0ton: oo - ok.

I ran to the mountain, grabbed the key that felt very cold in my hand. I turned back for Maya. But what I saw was a very shinning light, and not any figure close to Maya's. Maya was no longer there, I thought. My heart was raising than I could withstand. It was beating very hard as if wanting to free itself from my chest. I could hear the approaching howling of the wind. Then I knew I was between the devil and the deep sea, as I didn't know whether to run to the light or to remain where I was. Hearing the nearby howling one more time, I cried out Maya's name with my eyes shut.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Weird Journey by precious001(f): 10:35am On Apr 29, 2015

1 Like

Re: A Weird Journey by Bhuumhite(f): 10:57am On Apr 29, 2015
wow!...i never knew u cud write dis well.....nice one dear...

1 Like

Re: A Weird Journey by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 29, 2015
Bhuumhite:
wow!...i never knew u cud write dis well.....nice one dear...
Same here. grin

tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Weird Journey by Missmossy(f): 4:20pm On Apr 29, 2015
Interesting! Following grin

2 Likes

Re: A Weird Journey by treasuregr8(f): 4:38pm On Apr 29, 2015
I register my presence....I dey come make I bring my bed

1 Like

Re: A Weird Journey by precious001(f): 4:43pm On Apr 29, 2015
treasuregr8:
I register my presence....I dey come make I bring my bed
Lol

1 Like

Re: A Weird Journey by dara319(f): 5:09pm On Apr 29, 2015
picturing asif i was actually dia wit u....lolzz....#following#

1 Like

Re: A Weird Journey by Fembleez1(m): 7:20pm On Apr 29, 2015
Nice job baba mi sir! I dey learn from you! smiley
Re: A Weird Journey by Pr0ton: 9:34pm On Apr 29, 2015
Fembleez1:
Nice job baba mi sir! I dey learn from you! smiley

Haaa.. No whyne your boy o.
Re: A Weird Journey by Pr0ton: 9:35pm On Apr 29, 2015
Thanks guys for the compliments so far.
Re: A Weird Journey by Pr0ton: 10:30pm On Apr 29, 2015
When I opened my eyes I was in a lightened environment. But the sky was still very dark. I looked to my side and I saw short grasses that had started appearing dead due to the deficiency in sunlight. I realized I was lying on then - I had been sleeping. I traced where the light was coming from, and there was the source, Maya, sitting on one of the branches of a fairly tall tree. She was looking to a direction that wasn't mine, and I was a bit lazy to check out what she was looking at.

Pr0ton: When will your feet ever touch the ground? (helping myself up)

Maya: After when the tasks have been completed. (turning to me with a smile)

I was moving closer to the tree.

Maya: Hope you had enough rest.

Pr0ton: I should think so.

When I realized I couldn't climb the tree after awkwardly failing three attempts I eventually opened up.

Pr0ton: Hey! Come down here!

Maya: Why?

I was short of words. I didn't really know why I was asking her down.

Pr0ton: I just want you down here.

Maya: Ok then.

She descended slowly and I watched closely to see if she would land on her feet, she didn't.

Maya: So, now I'm here. (with a smile)

The pure sincerity of her smile compelled me to smile back spontaneously.

Pr0ton: What happened yesterday?

Maya: Yesterday?

Pr0ton: That is what I can call it.

Maya: But you can't have a day without the Sun.

Pr0ton: What should I call it then?

Maya: Some time back.

Pr0ton: So what happened?

Maya: The intruders tried to stop us from getting the key.

Pr0ton: How did they know we were there?

Maya: Didn't I tell you they are here on earth already? They are everywhere. They always know where we are. Even this place. But they are all not here yet. Just some of them.

Pr0ton: (I raised my eyebrow) Here? You mean they can see us now?

Maya: Relax. (she smiled) Yes, they can.

Pr0ton: Interesting (Not sure whether to smile back.

Maya: Everything within my light is protected. So you are safe.

Pr0ton: What? You didn't tell me that before!

Maya: Were you planning to run away from me?

Pr0ton: You couldn't have known.

Maya: I did. I could read your mind.

Pr0ton: (broke down)

Maya: But there is still much you need to know (she faced down)

Now she was moving her hands in strange ways, though I was familiar with the movement. I remembered. She would do that whenever she was magically providing food. I knew it was time to eat.

While eating...

Pr0ton: Tell me a joke (I stopped eating and pondered on what I just said)

Maya: (with a surprized face) Joke?

The deal was done.

Pr0ton: Yeah, joke. You don't know jokes? (with a stern face)

Maya: (she chuckled) Okay. One day, while Pr0ton was on duty in a company, his boss called him to his office.

"Here I am sir." Pr0ton said, entering his office.

His boss wasn't looking friendly. He looked serious and was putting a little frown on.

"Have your sit." his boss said.

Pr0ton sat on the leather chair, made himself comfortable, and looked up to his boss expectant of anything he had to say.

"You remember our project? The machine we are building?"

"Yes sir" Pr0ton answered.

"Very good." his boss commended, "The ECD made us understand that the machine is deficient of a single proton and will not work except the proton is provided."

"Machine deficient of proton?" Pr0ton asked looking surprized.

"Yeahh." The boss said sluggishly. He was a short fat man.

"But how come?" asked Pr0ton.

"That's what the ECD showed." said his boss standing up. He came close to Pr0ton and then sat on the table opposite him, still looking serious.

"So what is gonna happen?" asked Pr0ton with a curious face.

"You are a proton..."

"I'm not a proton," Pr0ton cut in. "I am Pr0ton, sir."

His boss looked confused.

"There is no difference," said his boss.

"But protons aint human."

"Have you seen one before?" asked the boss sharply.

"No."

"And that's it!" his boss exclaimed. "We will be throwing you into the machine in the next three minutes."

Pr0ton couldn't believe his ears.

"I will die." said Pr0ton slowly.

"But you will be useful." his boss replied.

Pr0ton: Hmmm

Maya: "But I'm not a proton. I'm Pr0ton. That is my name." Pr0ton tried to explain.

"And I said there is no difference!" barked his boss.

Pr0ton then realized he had been working for a dummy. In short, he was alone in a room with a mad man.

"But sir..."

"No sir!" his boss cut in harshly, getting furious.

"In fact." said his boss, stepping down from the table.

"Romeo, Harry, Kelvin!" his boss called. Within some seconds the workers were in.

"Yes sir" they choroused hurriedly.

Now Pr0ton was a bit relieved. At least sane beings were there to help him out, he thought.

"Remember the fault our machine has?" saod his boss rhetorically.

"Yeah!" one of the guys said. "Deficient of a proton."

"Fortunately for us we have a proton here." said the boss grinning and pointing at Pr0ton.

Pr0ton was now expecting his co-workers to look surprized, but no, he was beholding happy faces.

"Holy God!" said a guy with a bigger grin staring at Pr0ton.

"What are we waiting for?" asked another excitedly.

"what!?" Pr0ton exclaimed with a shock, realizing he had been working with dummies.

Before he could say anything else, they had all carried him. They threw him into the machine which blended him into juice.

Maya finished and looked at me, but my face was still. She then burst into laughter.

Pr0ton: Is that a joke to you?

Maya: I told you what you asked for.

Pr0ton: It is not funny at all.

Maya: You didn't ask for a funny one.

I was silent.

Pr0ton: And you said they threw me, right?

Maya: Right.

Pr0ton: Like this (I picked an apple to make for Maya, but before I could finish she was on the branch laughing)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Weird Journey by becborn(f): 9:29am On Apr 30, 2015
Pr0ton:

When I opened my eyes I was in a lightened environment. But the sky was still very dark. I looked to my side and I saw short grasses that had started appearing dead due to the deficiency in sunlight. I realized I was lying on then - I had been sleeping. I traced where the light was coming from, and there was the source, Maya, sitting on one of the branches of a fairly tall tree. She was looking to a direction that wasn't mine, and I was a bit lazy to check out what she was looking at.

Pr0ton: When will your feet ever touch the ground? (helping myself up)

Maya: After when the tasks have been completed. (turning to me with a smile)

I was moving closer to the tree.

Maya: Hope you had enough rest.

Pr0ton: I should think so.

When I realized I couldn't climb the tree after awkwardly failing three attempts I eventually opened up.

Pr0ton: Hey! Come down here!

I was short of words. I didn't really know why I was asking her down.

Pr0ton: I just want you down here.

Maya: Ok then.

She descended slowly and I watched closely to see if she would land on her feet, she didn't.

Maya: So, now I'm here. (with a smile)

The pure sincerity of her smile compelled me to smile back spontaneously.

Pr0ton: What happened yesterday?

Maya: Yesterday?

Pr0ton: That is what I can call it.

Maya: But you can't have a day without the Sun.

Pr0ton: What should I call it then?

Maya: Some time back.

Pr0ton: So what happened?

Maya: The intruders tried to stop us from getting the key.

Pr0ton: How did they know we were there?

Maya: Didn't I tell you they are here on earth already? They are everywhere. They always know where we are. Even this place. But they are all not here yet. Just some of them.

Pr0ton: (I raised my eyebrow) Here? You mean they can see us now?

Maya: Relax. (she smiled) Yes, they can.

Pr0ton: Interesting (Not sure whether to smile back.

Maya: Everything within my light is protected. So you are safe.

Pr0ton: What? You didn't tell me that before!

Maya: Were you planning to run away from me?

Pr0ton: You couldn't have known.

Maya: I did. I could read your mind.

Pr0ton: (broke down)

Maya: But there is still much you need to know (she faced down)

Now she was moving her hands in strange ways, though I was familiar with the movement. I remembered. She would do that whenever she was magically providing food. I knew it was time to eat.

While eating...

Pr0ton: Tell me a joke (I stopped eating and pondered on what I just said)

Maya: (with a surprized face) Joke?

The deal was done.

Pr0ton: Yeah, joke. You don't know jokes? (with a stern face)

Maya: (she chuckled) Okay. One day, while Pr0ton was on duty in a company, his boss called him to his office.

"Here I am sir." Pr0ton said, entering his office.

His boss wasn't looking friendly. He looked serious and was putting a little frown on.

"Have your sit." his boss said.

Pr0ton sat on the leather chair, made himself comfortable, and looked up to his boss expectant of anything he had to say.

"You remember our project? The machine we are building?"

"Yes sir" Pr0ton answered.

"Very good." his boss commended, "The ECD made us understand that the machine is deficient of a single proton and will not work except the proton is provided."

"Machine deficient of proton?" Pr0ton asked looking surprized.

"Yeahh." The boss said sluggishly. He was a short fat man.

"But how come?" asked Pr0ton.

"That's what the ECD showed." said his boss standing up. He came close to Pr0ton and then sat on the table opposite him, still looking serious.

"So what is gonna happen?" asked Pr0ton with a curious face.

"You are a proton..."

"I'm not a proton," Pr0ton cut in. "I am Pr0ton, sir."

His boss looked confused.

"There is no difference," said his boss.

"But protons aint human."

"Have you seen one before?" asked the boss sharply.

"No."

"And that's it!" his boss exclaimed. "We will be throwing you into the machine in the next three minutes."

Pr0ton couldn't believe his ears.

"I will die." said Pr0ton slowly.

"But you will be useful." his boss replied.

Pr0ton: Hmmm

Maya: "But I'm not a proton. I'm Pr0ton. That is my name." Pr0ton tried to explain.

"And I said there is no difference!" barked his boss.

Pr0ton then realized he had been working for a dummy. In short, he was alone in a room with a mad man.

"But sir..."

"No sir!" his boss cut in harshly, getting furious.

"In fact." said his boss, stepping down from the table.

"Romeo, Harry, Kelvin!" his boss called. Within some seconds the workers were in.

"Yes sir" they choroused hurriedly.

Now Pr0ton was a bit relieved. At least sane beings were there to help him out, he thought.

"Remember the fault our machine has?" saod his boss rhetorically.

"Yeah!" one of the guys said. "Deficient of a proton."

"Fortunately for us we have a proton here." said the boss grinning and pointing at Pr0ton.

Pr0ton was now expecting his co-workers to look surprized, but no, he was beholding happy faces.

"Holy God!" said a guy with a bigger grin staring at Pr0ton.

"What are we waiting for?" asked another excitedly.

"what!?" Pr0ton exclaimed with a shock, realizing he had been working with dummies.

Before he could say anything else, they had all carried him. They threw him into the machine which blended him into juice.

Maya finished and looked at me, but my face was still. She then burst into laughter.

Pr0ton: Is that a joke to you?

Maya: I told you what you asked for.

Pr0ton: It is not funny at all.

Maya: You didn't ask for a funny one.

I was silent.

Pr0ton: And you said they threw me, right?

Maya: Right.

Pr0ton: Like this (I picked an apple to make for Maya, but before I could finish she was on the branch laughing)
this is lovely porti.......really nice gud 1 bro keep it up..........CONTINUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Weird Journey by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 30, 2015
Surprised not Surprized. What's up with the "Z"?

Chorused not Choroused.

Nice one. smiley Fire on!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Weird Journey by Pr0ton: 2:38pm On Apr 30, 2015
FrancisTony:
Surprised not Surprized. What's up with the "Z"?

Chorused not Choroused.

Nice one. smiley Fire on!

I thought the both spellings were correct. Thanks for the chorused.

Corrections noted. smiley

1 Like

Re: A Weird Journey by johnydon22(m): 9:19pm On Apr 30, 2015
Fire on pr0ton, Your oga deh here. . . na we deh here, na we get am.. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Weird Journey by Pr0ton: 6:04pm On May 02, 2015
Maya: Pr0ton, we no longer have enough time.

Pr0ton: Really? Why didn't you tell me? We've wasted a lot of time, you know.

Maya: Yeah, I know. I don't want it to seem like I'm forcing you to do the tasks. Everything must be done from your own will.

Pr0ton: You never forced me to do anything. In fact I love your company.

Maya: I'm glad to hear that. Shall we go for our second hunt?

Pr0ton: Cursed be my tongue if I say I'm not. I'm ready.

Maya uttered something similar to what she uttered when we were about disappearing to the Unseen Mountain, but this time it ended with "...the box with the magical sword". And that was it. We had disappeared and before us was a white shinning box that looked like a coffin.

Maya: That is it, Pr0ton (she whispered) Use the key to unlock the box and take the magical sword in it.

Pr0ton: Ok. But hope the... the wind...

Maya: I'll take care of that. Know you are perfectly safe with me.

Pr0ton: I can trust you on that (I said with a smile)

Maya: So be fast, now.

I left Maya for the box, brought out the key in my pocket and unlocked the box. There was the sword. Though golden in color, it looked somewhat white due to its shinning appearance. I gathered all courage and picked it. I turned back and saw smiling Maya. I could sense the wind coming up gradually.

Pr0ton: Here is the sword. (offering it to Maya)

Maya: I'm proud of you (refusing to take it) Now here is the last task.

Pr0ton: Yeah, the one you've been hiding from me.

Maya turned her face down.

Pr0ton: Maya? (moving closer)

Though her feet weren't touching the ground, we were still of the same height. I raised her head by lifting her chin. I was surprised - she was crying.

Pr0ton: You are crying! What is wrong?

Maya: There is much you need to know.

Pr0ton: Then tell me what I need to know (I said with an apparent broken heart. No, Maya's tears were the last thing I wanted to see)

I was getting strong and bold. I was ready to do anything for Maya. The wind was growing strong. I held the sword tightly.

Maya: I'm gonna miss my home... I'm gonna miss dad and mum... I'm gonna miss nature and the universe... I'm gonna you humans (she was saying this with smile and tears on her face)

Maya: And specially, I'm gonna miss you, Pr0ton. You are the first and last human I have associated with. And it is fun being with you. You are really nice.

I was sure I had offended Maya a lot of times. How could she see me as nice? The reverse was the case; she was perfectly nice. I moved closer to Maya and held her hand passionately.

Pr0ton: Why are you saying this?

Maya: (turning her face down) To restore the laws of nature, the universe, humanity and to eradicate the intruders, one criterion has to be met. The criterion contains three tasks.

She paused for some seconds and continued.

Maya: My father knew about this and that was why he came to tell you when the war wasn't yet ghastly.

Pr0ton: So he was your father?

Maya looked up and smiled.

Maya: Yes, he is. The criterion contains three tasks. The first is to find a key. The second is to find a box that houses the magical sword. The third, which makes the criterion, is to kill a superhuman girl with the magical sword. Pr0ton, you must kill me to meet this criterion.

Pr0ton: Oh. I will. Of course I will. After when I'm dead and gone to the grave. (nodding, releasing Maya's hands and stepping back)

Maya: No, Pr0ton. We've come far...

Pr0ton: Cursed be the hand that will kill you, Maya.

Maya: Stop saying that! (she held my hands back) Please, Pr0ton. This is the only way you can reward my kindness.

Pr0ton: What? You mean your father knew this before?

Maya: Yeah. I chose to lay my life, even when he objected. I just want his handiwork to last and the survival of you humans (she said with a pathetic face)

Pr0ton: No, Maya. I don't want you to leave me.

Maya: At least you will continue to see my star.

Pr0ton: How do you mean?

Maya: The only thing that ceases to exist when we die is our consciousness. Humans become the earth dust. Superhumans become stardust. That is what I'll become after I die.

Pr0ton: Yet, Maya. I can't kill you. Never.

The "why" sounded awkward. But it was an important question. It would be ridiculous to say I was in love with a paranormal being. But then she could read minds. She knew I did.

Pr0ton: I can't just kill you (I said slowly)

Maya: Complete my happiness, Pr0ton. Save my home, my parents, the universe and humanity. Pr0ton?

After looking into each other's eyes for about ten secs, I asked her how to go about it almost with tears rolling down my cheeks. She moved her index finger to her chest. "Here, Pr0ton" I took a deep breath, closed my eyes and opened it after some seconds. I was staring at Maya who was closing her eyes with some drops of tears. I carefully pierced her chest quickly and drew out the sword. And for the first time, Maya fell to the ground.

I dropped the sword and went down slowly. I knelt beside Maya crying and saying these words without giving attention to the dimming light...

Pr0ton: We've had a great time together. You were patient and loving, tolerable and caring. You gave meaning to my life, and you tried to be the best for me. I love your jokes and stories. They were cool and funny, even though I pretended they weren't. But unfortunately you said killing you was the only way to pay you back. I'll miss you, Maya. I'll miss your personality. I'll miss your smile... Though you knew this and now you are dead and gone, I still think it appropiate to say it. I never knew you would leave me so soon, at least not forever... I love you, Maya.

I placed a kiss on Maya's lips and to my surprise she smiled in return. I started telling Maya to stand up and stop the trick. But little did I know that she died completely after when she disintegrated into strains of golden powder which ascended incredibly far into space... She became stardust.

I let out a long bitter yell in the dark and fell to the earth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Weird Journey by Pr0ton: 6:53pm On May 02, 2015
[size=20]THE END[/size]

I opened my eyes and I met myself in a hospital bed. The environment had changed. I could hear the voice of humans. I stood to my feet and walked to the window, and lo, it was a sunny day. I realized I was in a tall building, like the fifth floor. I could see a plane, vehicles and humans moving up and down the busy road. Everything was restored.

My friends told me I was found lying down in a desert and brought to the hospital. They couldn't explain what happened to them and everyone else before then. I kept the secret of the mystery to myself.

I would stay outside at night for long hours looking at that peculiar star of Maya. I would remember and recall our past moment together and how we both saved the world. The days weren't exempted. I got hallucinations. An instance is seeing Maya's smiling face in the sky as I was walking down the street that morning...

That is the end of my story cheesy I appreciate you guys for your comments.

Johnydon22
FrancisTony
Precious001
Dara319
Ogunsinamayowa
Samuelfgc
Dopeyomi
Fembleez1
Treasurgr8
Missmossy
Bhuumhite
Becborn.. Thanks smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Marvel Comic Book Thread / My Books / The Next Nigerian Writer Who Should Win The Nobel Prize

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.