Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,783 members, 7,955,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:52 PM

Fuel Subsidy Ends Officially !!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy Ends Officially !!! (5818 Views)

Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m / Why I Refused To Devalue Naira, Remove Fuel Subsidy - Buhari / FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Subsidy Ends Officially !!! by citizenisb: 6:01pm On Apr 28, 2015
http://www.punchng.com/news/senate-passes-n4-9tr-budget-for-2015/

The Senate on Tuesday, passed N4.493tr budget for the 2015 fiscal year, about five months after it was presented by the Minister of Finance/Coordinating Minister for the Economy, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.

The national budget, which was earlier passed by the House of Representatives last week, was N51bn higher than the N4.425tr submitted to both chambers of the National Assembly by the federal government.

The senate approval of the budget on Tuesday, however confirmed the non inclusion of fuel subsidy provision in the document but contained N21bn for the funding of the Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment Programme.

The senate, in passing the budget, slightly reduced the N2.607, 601, 000, 300 proposed by the executive to N2.607, 132,491,708 as recurrent expenditure and simultaneously scaled down the capital expenditure from N642,848,999,699 estimated in the proposal to N556,995,465,449.

The Chairman, Joint Senate Committee on Appropriation and Finance, Mohammed Maccido, explained that the details of the figure approved by senate in the document were not different from the version passed by the House of Representatives last week.

He confirmed that the executive did not make provision for subsidy in the 2015 budget and that the National Assembly left it the way it was presented.

He said, “There was no provision in the budget for subsidy but I believe there should be provision for it especially since there was already, a disagreement between the oil marketers and the federal government over subsidy payment.”
Re: Fuel Subsidy Ends Officially !!! by Nobody: 6:02pm On Apr 28, 2015
Still waiting for Baba half-chance to stabilise world oil prices grin grin cheesy

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Ends Officially !!! by omenka(m): 6:04pm On Apr 28, 2015
Okay. Let's see how this pans out.
We are in for very interesting times indeed.

6 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Ends Officially !!! by philfearon(m): 6:04pm On Apr 28, 2015
himkers:
Jhd
You dey vex oo!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Ends Officially !!! by Nobody: 6:05pm On Apr 28, 2015
No wonder there's scarcity of fuel.

Does it mean the price of fuel will increase? Is that a farewell gift from Jonathan to Nigerians?

13 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Ends Officially !!! by Princess042(f): 6:06pm On Apr 28, 2015
sad
Re: Fuel Subsidy Ends Officially !!! by Nobody: 6:08pm On Apr 28, 2015
oko o
Re: Fuel Subsidy Ends Officially !!! by publicenemy(m): 6:10pm On Apr 28, 2015
citizenisb:

The Senate on Tuesday, passed N4.493tr budget for the 2015 fiscal year, about five months after it was presented by the Minister of Finance/Coordinating Minister for the Economy, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.

The national budget, which was earlier passed by the House of Representatives last week, was N51bn higher than the N4.425tr submitted to both chambers of the National Assembly by the federal government.

The senate approval of the budget on Tuesday, however confirmed the non inclusion of fuel subsidy provision in the document but contained N21bn for the funding of the Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment Programme.

The senate, in passing the budget, slightly reduced the N2.607, 601, 000, 300 proposed by the executive to N2.607, 132,491,708 as recurrent expenditure and simultaneously scaled down the capital expenditure from N642,848,999,699 estimated in the proposal to N556,995,465,449.

The Chairman, Joint Senate Committee on Appropriation and Finance, Mohammed Maccido, explained that the details of the figure approved by senate in the document were not different from the version passed by the House of Representatives last week.

He confirmed that the executive did not make provision for subsidy in the 2015 budget and that the National Assembly left it the way it was presented.

He said, “There was no provision in the budget for subsidy but I believe there should be provision for it especially since there was already, a disagreement between the oil marketers and the federal government over subsidy payment.”

Hmmnn... I just dey laff.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Ends Officially !!! by citizenisb: 6:11pm On Apr 28, 2015
This is the reason for the sudden fuel scarcity, petrol is now deregulated, prepare for INFLATION!!

Re: Fuel Subsidy Ends Officially !!! by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 28, 2015
JackBaueress1:

Does it mean the price of fuel will increase? Is that a farewell gift from Jonathan to Nigerians?

Let's hope not......its already high as it is
Don't even want to imagine the price it would be increased to if it happens shocked
Won't be suprised if there's an increase tho lool na naija we dey cheesy
Re: Fuel Subsidy Ends Officially !!! by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 28, 2015
citizenisb:
This is the reason for the sudden fuel scarcity, petrol is now deregulated, prepare for INFLATION!!

Chai! No be small inflation oo .....an increase in fuel wld definitely bring an increase in price of goods sad #i weep for nigeria ooo

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Ends Officially !!! by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 28, 2015
Takeaway gift from the outgoing Government to all Nigerians.

They wanna create problems in advance for the incoming Government.
Lol!
We are watching!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Ends Officially !!! by Realdeals(m): 6:19pm On Apr 28, 2015
Well done o! I believe the executive deliberately left out subsidy payment from the budget to act as cover up for the double subsidy payment revealed by the PWC report.
From the report NNPC paid subsidy directly from crude oil earnings and paid the balance to the Federation account, FG gets it earnings from the federation account, yet still captures subsidy payment in the budget for that same period.

Read Highlights of PWC Audit Report of NNPC Accounts

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Ends Officially !!! by Osedidi(m): 6:28pm On Apr 28, 2015
If the present price of crude is selling at 63 dollar per barrel and nigerians are buying fuel at 87 naira, its possible y that they are not even subsidizing at all or they are doing it with very little amount

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Ends Officially !!! by hassan85(m): 6:30pm On Apr 28, 2015
They are setting trap for GMB. Yet ds government is stil owing oil marketers for months. Okonjo said its a lie... Pdp wont answer nw but on dia stogs AIT de wil release statement. Rubish.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Ends Officially !!! by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:32pm On Apr 28, 2015
Now, I dey confused.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Ends Officially !!! by wachakuta(m): 6:34pm On Apr 28, 2015
Is there why there is fuel scarcity in abuja 2day?? Nnna harder times r coming oo
Re: Fuel Subsidy Ends Officially !!! by RockMaxi: 6:35pm On Apr 28, 2015

Jonathan is on a revenge mission. If he had fulfilled all the promises of subsidy reinvestment program, we will not be in this mess.

To a sensible person, why should we still be refining Oil outside this country?
Now that we are all in this mess together, I hope the incoming government will find a lasting solution to this.

7 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Ends Officially !!! by Nobody: 6:36pm On Apr 28, 2015
The scam of fuel subsidy will be exposed as a concept that does not exist in reality but is used as a vehicle to effectively loot funds from the treasury.

Interesting times may be ahead (the gods willing).

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Ends Officially !!! by gergemam: 6:41pm On Apr 28, 2015
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan
Always Creating a Significant choas each year for the past 6-Years

2011-Boko Haram
2012-Fuel Subsidy
2013-PDP Internal war starten
2014- Chibok Girls
2015-Removal of Fuel Subsidy Totally

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Ends Officially !!! by Splashme: 6:42pm On Apr 28, 2015
Good development GEJ.
Subsidy should go. . .. expecially with the drastic drop in global oil price

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Ends Officially !!! by Nobody: 6:43pm On Apr 28, 2015
citizenisb:

Probably there was nothing like subsidy payments after all but an avenue to loot by budgeting for the scam called subsidy.

GMB really has so much to do to sanitize the corrupt goverment of Jonathan.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Ends Officially !!! by satelliteDISH(m): 6:57pm On Apr 28, 2015
I love my country but our leaders dont love me. Baba GMB pls dont disappoint me in this corruption war ooh cos i sacrifice so many things in my life this past few months for ur sake. i have vowed that i will not trust any bloody Nigerian again ever if GMB should fail us.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Ends Officially !!! by Nobody: 7:08pm On Apr 28, 2015
A fairly used blackberry bold 4 in good condition is up for sale at 5k last price It has some inkish marks on the right side of the screen The battery is strong If interested contact Dayo on: 07038865067 whatsapp or call Lagos Residents only
Re: Fuel Subsidy Ends Officially !!! by UncleJudax(m): 7:13pm On Apr 28, 2015
JackBaueress1:

What do you care? undecided
Re: Fuel Subsidy Ends Officially !!! by Nobody: 7:15pm On Apr 28, 2015
At this period it appears like subsidy has to go as we are on serious austerity. Buhari and his crew are yet to come to terms with the reality, the good news is that he will take over the reins of power in few weeks time. So I am patiently waiting for his magic.

It is unfortunate that no provision was made for the budget for subsidy, but conside®ing the dwinndling fortune of the oil price, it is a welcome development to save the county from collapse due to poor fiscal policy. Government at all levels must put infrastructures in place to see that Nigerians enjoy the best of the budget.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Ends Officially !!! by chukkygold014(m): 7:16pm On Apr 28, 2015
***lets keep our fingers cross'd n watch ow d events turn out 2 b...*** #God bless Nigeria# smiley smiley smiley
Re: Fuel Subsidy Ends Officially !!! by Nobody: 7:25pm On Apr 28, 2015
The opposition parties that became APC stated that there was no subsidy a couple of years ago. I expect APC to solve this petrol and refinery issues issues with a midas touch. We need change, dont we ?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Ends Officially !!! by usbcable(m): 7:29pm On Apr 28, 2015
barcanista:
At this period it appears like subsidy has to go as we are on serious austerity. Buhari and his crew are yet to come to terms with the reality, the good news is that he will take over the reins of power in few weeks time. So I am patiently waiting for his magic.

It is unfortunate that no provision was made for the budget for subsidy, but conside®ing the dwinndling fortune of the oil price, it is a welcome development to save the county from collapse due to poor fiscal policy. Government at all levels must put infrastructures in place to see that Nigerians enjoy the best of the budget.
your comments at times are confusing.
poor fiscal policy from thesame GEJ you are clamoring for.

9 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Ends Officially !!! by Nobody: 7:32pm On Apr 28, 2015
usbcable:

your comments at times are confusing.
poor fiscal policy from thesame GEJ you are clamoring for.
The removal of the subsidy is a welcome development within the scope of the present reality.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Ends Officially !!! by ibietela2(m): 7:42pm On Apr 28, 2015
Billyonaire:
The opposition parties that became APC stated that there was no subsidy a couple of years ago. I expect APC to solve this petrol and refinery issues issues with a midas touch. We need change, dont we ?

YESSSSS
Re: Fuel Subsidy Ends Officially !!! by Godwin10123: 7:44pm On Apr 28, 2015
Just watching in 3D cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osinbajo : Dark Side Of the Acting President / How To Set Up A Water Factory With State Of The Art Facilities - 08143352493 / FG Extends Verification Exercise Of NAL Ex-worker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.