Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,081 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

To Become A Pro In Web Design - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / To Become A Pro In Web Design (1619 Views)

4 Tips for Becoming a Pro-Blogger / The Real Hustle In Web Business Is Offline! - Prepclass Founder / How To Manage Clients In Web Design Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Become A Pro In Web Design by astronp7(m): 4:29pm On Sep 09, 2006
In this series we will look at what it takes to become a professional web designer.

# 1. You must be comfident of who you are - a website designer. From the first day you learnt how to write HTML codes, irrespective of the level, have the picture of yourself and the profession clear in your heart. (As a man thinks in his heart so he is)

# 2. Learn what it takes to design a web page. Just a page! Every site starts with one. (A journey of a thousand miles, starts with a step)
Re: To Become A Pro In Web Design by Seun(m): 11:21pm On Sep 09, 2006
Fire on. We're very much expectant!
Re: To Become A Pro In Web Design by astronp7(m): 12:22pm On Sep 11, 2006
#3. Set a standard for yourself that is on par with the best web designers in the global market. Decide your area of interest. Don't be a jack of all trade but can offer related services.

#4. See, learn, practice. Whenever you see a good design attempt doing it. Find what how it is done.

#5. Your site graphics (colors, shapes, textures, effects) should always be neat and impressive. There should not be a hint of a green horn or impatience in the design. Symmetry should be maintained wherever possible (between curves, distances between buttons, links, etc).

#6. Learn new things. Like CSS and HTML Programming. You cannot be a complete web designer without knowing CSS and HTML in and out. If you don't have an aptitude for this make sure you have someone working with you who does.

For help in webdesign, hosting and templalates Go to:
www.webtechdesigners.com
Re: To Become A Pro In Web Design by hayprof(m): 2:44pm On Sep 11, 2006
astronp7 :Why Dont You take us thru at least from the beginning for beginners[frm ur knowledge and experience] abi?
Re: To Become A Pro In Web Design by kg(f): 6:29pm On Sep 11, 2006
astronp7 nice one, and like Seun I simply say "we're expectant" more!

But  don't confuse HTML with programming -------#6. Learn new things. Like CSS and HTML Programming.
Re: To Become A Pro In Web Design by my2cents(m): 9:59pm On Sep 11, 2006
I personally have a problem with calling myself a designer. I am a web developer - I take whatever design the graphics person gives me and transforms it into what a user sees and interacts with on the screen, for hopefully an optimal experience. I have noticed that on this forum, the term "web designer" is often used in place of "web developer", but I beg to differ.

Having said that, my advice is to stay on top of things by learning the latest technologies (AJAX, AFLAX, Web 2.0, etc) and methodologies (usability, agile technologies, Extreme Programming, etc). In order to achieve this, one must be willing to do, but not limit one's self to, the following: subscribe to a variety of articles, attend a variety of seminars, subscribe to a variety of web forums and incorporate (but not abuse) as much new technology as possible into future projects.

At the end of the day, what will separate the web "wheat" from the web "chaff" is one's ability to continuously learn and apply that knowledge successfully to future projects.
Re: To Become A Pro In Web Design by mj(m): 8:45am On Sep 12, 2006
My website is coming up next month, Its a place where u can learn webdesign from scratch. Apart from that U will have php,asp,html and more.We will also have templates,graphics and alot coming up.
Re: To Become A Pro In Web Design by Seun(m): 8:48am On Sep 12, 2006
There's a separate thread for beginners on this forum:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-17942.0.html
Re: To Become A Pro In Web Design by astronp7(m): 5:19pm On Sep 12, 2006
Thanks to all your contributions. Lets concentrate on web design (I reffer to it as putting all the web-elements together). To me thats the basics. Beginers can cope. This series is aimed at presenting the qualities that will help one grow to become a professional and ofcourse grow from there.

#7. You must make your designs simple and appealing. Take note of how you combine colours. To me simple things are the most beautiful.

#8. Ensure all your links are working properly. This makes your visitors have what you are promising.

#9. Consider specilizing. There are great opportunities for content writers, programmers, vitual designers, logo designers, animations, and so many of them. Let us know you as one. Have your site and anyone that needs it comes to you. Make yourself a hot cake.

For help in webdesign, hosting and website templalates Go to:
www.webtechdesigners.com
Re: To Become A Pro In Web Design by jerrymania(m): 2:14pm On Sep 13, 2006
Hey please just let these guys know anything worth using not notes! Guys go to http://tripod.lycos.com, www.freeservers.com , also search on google where you can learn web assisted design and hosting, your webpage will be hosted on tripod's server or on freeserver's server because its free hosting e.g worldofyourown.tripod.com(stll under construction) well its a good start, and if you want to learn about HTML check out free resources on Googles (use common sense). Take care guys, one step at a time

Re: To Become A Pro In Web Design by Jagaba(m): 5:50am On Sep 19, 2006
I thank you al for the effort to put brothers through. For some of us, this will improve business and knowledge for academics for others. May God bless you all for developing another person. You shall not only develop softwares but you will be developed by the Almighty to do exploits in Jesus Name.

Omora Jagaba Emmanuel
Learning to develop,
Re: To Become A Pro In Web Design by alibor: 12:11pm On Sep 21, 2006
beyound becoming a pro. u may wish to learn how to make money out of this . for that u can check www.signonafrica.net/webmasters.html actually it's not for pros alone, beginers who have an eye for biz can make it . that's the way i see it sha

(1) (Reply)

What Do We Really Want In An Online Payment Solution? / Www.iborian.com;D / For All Nigerian Webmasters From Fouani Nigeria Ltd (lg)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.